Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")

Go down 
+24
Czarcasm
gasser9
Gareth Nicholson
shonbo
Lord Tisdale
Elias
Richard Blight
david_fisher
seadog
Thai green
Greengiant
Dane
lawnmowerman
GreenSam
Rickler
Tgwu
swampy
Charlie Wood
mouldyoldgoat
Mock Cuncher
Freathy
Damon.Lenszner
Tringreen
Dougie
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Dane. wrote:
Time to get the national press involved, A link of this thread emailed across would be enough to stir up interest.

I don't think it will though.

We're a crap league two club, if we were Man United they may have some interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Dane. wrote:
Time to get the national press involved, A link of this thread emailed across would be enough to stir up interest.

I don't think it will though.

We're a crap league two club, if we were Man United they may have some interest.

I think Bunney was "fishing" but never mind, Man Utd are his team anyway lol!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:14 pm

I see Mark Pedlar has told the trust where to go

Quotes from the farm

Sam. The Trust has always been irrelevant. A sop to those minor politicians who feel that they could have an influence.

Time to move to a group that can really challenge the club - not seek to pat the back and take the credit. A body is needed to challenge the club. It isn't, and never will be, the Trust.

Before someone asks me - posting as a personal opinion.

Stephen,s Dad, Greenrod. dunlop, Lee Jameson, Wozzer, Leigh Rapson, John_Lloyd

With that list of names signing up - I'll continue to stay out. Bring on the farting duck.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:20 pm

Ultimately it's Brent's business. He can do what he wants. But football clubs are a different business model all together. He has to engage with his customers surely, or is he so pig headed he believes that no matter what he does the same die hard, core of supporters will always be there no matter what
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Punchy - look at Richard Blight's post. The PASB is heavily influenced by Trust Board members and Trust members. PJ made it very clear yesterday that the Club doesn't respond well to criticism. But because of PASB Tim, Jon and I (the Trust reps on PASB) were in front of him - face to face, criticising, asking the questions they didn't want asking and refusing to give answers to them. PASB is JBs creation. He (the Board) cannot refuse meetings with it nor stipulate who can and who cannot be a part of it.

I know PJ has heavily criticised the Trust leadership for allowing me (not a fit and proper person you know!) to be a Trust rep. Before accepting the rep role I did warn the Trust that having me as a Rep would cause problems, but they were brave then and I have every faith they will continue to be brave in the face of this snub.

One item on the Agenda at the internal PASB meeting before the Board meeting yesterday was that of the relationship between PASB and AFT. It was said that we (the Trust Reps) are on PASB as individuals. I only speak for myself but no-one should have any doubt that I am on PASB to represent 100% the views of the AFT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Punchy - look at Richard Blight's post. The PASB is heavily influenced by Trust Board members and Trust members. PJ made it very clear yesterday that the Club doesn't respond well to criticism. But because of PASB Tim, Jon and I (the Trust reps on PASB) were in front of him - face to face, criticising, asking the questions they didn't want asking and refusing to give answers to them. PASB is JBs creation. He (the Board) cannot refuse meetings with it nor stipulate who can and who cannot be a part of it.

I know PJ has heavily criticised the Trust leadership for allowing me (not a fit and proper person you know!) to be a Trust rep. Before accepting the rep role I did warn the Trust that having me as a Rep would cause problems, but they were brave then and I have every faith they will continue to be brave in the face of this snub.

One item on the Agenda at the internal PASB meeting before the Board meeting yesterday was that of the relationship between PASB and AFT. It was said that we (the Trust Reps) are on PASB as individuals. I only speak for myself but no-one should have any doubt that I am on PASB to represent 100% the views of the AFT.

The fit and proper issue does make me laugh.

Especially considering the games that are now coming to light involving a current serving board member, the club president and a PASB member.

Keep up the good work Damon Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 3:44 pm

When JB or who ever it was, came up with the idea of the PASB, they would have had absolutely no idea who would have come out of the woodwork to serve on the PASB. There could have been investment city bankers, HMRC tax inspectors, corporate lawyers, ex CEO's of football clubs or even ex directors of football clubs who could have been lined up opposite the board of PAFC; willing and able to ask pertinent and awkward questions.

It's no good complaining because the people lined up opposite you are intelligent enough to ask questions you don't want to answer. Complaining because you've had elections and don't like who has been elected or chosen by the supporters bodies is now too late. If PAFC don't want to answer awkward question than they shouldn't have come up with the idea in the first place.

The fans representatives on the PASB should be willing and able to ask exactly the same questions as the Trust have already been asking. If any of them are unwilling to ask those questions, they should step down now.

Surely if the club are unwilling to answer the Trust's questions and the PASB ask the same questions and receive the same response then that makes the PASB null and void.

If the club answers the same questions put by the PASB as the Trust were asking, that would just prove the club is trying to undermine an independent elected fans body.

For what it's worth, Damon has my full backing to keep asking as many awkward questions as he likes.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 3:47 pm

I have just joined the trust
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
When JB or who ever it was, came up with the idea of the PASB, they would have had absolutely no idea who would have come out of the woodwork to serve on the PASB. There could have been investment city bankers, HMRC tax inspectors, corporate lawyers, ex CEO's of football clubs or even ex directors of football clubs who could have been lined up opposite the board of PAFC; willing and able to ask pertinent and awkward questions.

It's no good complaining because the people lined up opposite you are intelligent enough to ask questions you don't want to answer. Complaining because you've had elections and don't like who has been elected or chosen by the supporters bodies is now too late. If PAFC don't want to answer awkward question than they shouldn't have come up with the idea in the first place.

The fans representatives on the PASB should be willing and able to ask exactly the same questions as the Trust have already been asking. If any of them are unwilling to ask those questions, they should step down now.

Surely if the club are unwilling to answer the Trust's questions and the PASB ask the same questions and receive the same response then that makes the PASB null and void.

If the club answers the same questions put by the PASB as the Trust were asking, that would just prove the club is trying to undermine an independent elected fans body.

For what it's worth, Damon has my full backing to keep asking as many awkward questions as he likes.

Exactly!

Keep up the hard work Damon!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Someone at the trust is going to be busy processing all these new members. Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:56 pm

Quote :
Feb 28 Chris Webb ‏@Chris_Webb1
@LatentHankMoody of course mate. I think my view is that the opposition should have been more courteous IE face to face before press release
View conversation

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nice to see Webb referring to the Trust leaders as the "opposition". What a wanker.

But as a conciliatory measure I will now refer to Andy Symons and John Petrie as the "Leaders of the Opposition".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Face to face? Really Webb?

You do EVERYTHING face to face don't you.

#sellout #liar# #greenman
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:07 pm

I've quizzed him on twitter and he acts like he doesn't know anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:08 pm

So Webb thinks the Trust are "Opposition"...disgraceful.

The Trust,s membership should be soaring this weekend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:12 pm

FACE TO FACE?

What, just like Brent who was too gutless to attend the PASB meeting so he had to send the puppet Jones?
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Webb is like a politician. I've just been on his case on twitter. But instead of answering anything he just avoids the question.

You live in a self made bubble Webb. You will go down in history as the man who helped sink the club. Not save it.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Quote :
@Chris_Webb1: @Bunneydane1981 opposition to what the club are doing. Not as in the Trust are the opposition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Dane. wrote:
Quote :
@Chris_Webb1: @Bunneydane1981 opposition to what the club are doing. Not as in the Trust are the opposition.

I thought the brothers Grim were your mates? Were you not a mole acting on orders on here?
What has happened in such a short space of time
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:38 pm

They have never been my mates. I have a mind of my own. when i saw the underhand games that hardboard and cardboard have been playing it wasn't for me. My Internet history is just that of being a wind up merchant. But these people are just plain nasty. I like decent people with decent morals.

They have there own agenda and don't care who they crush along the way. Wozzer for example, made a mistake. But Newell hung him out to dry even though he had a hand in it.

I don't like that.

But if course neither of them have brought any attention on themselves through playing these games. Everyone jut decided to turn on them for no reason

Pull the other one you pair if morons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Dane. wrote:
They have never been my mates. I have a mind of my own. when i saw the underhand games that hardboard and cardboard have been playing it wasn't for me. My Internet history is just that of being a wind up merchant. But these people are just plain nasty. I like decent people with decent morals.

They have there own agenda and don't care who they crush along the way. Wozzer for example, made a mistake. But Newell hung him out to dry even though he had a hand in it.

I don't like that.

But if course neither of them have brought any attention on themselves through playing these games. Everyone jut decided to turn on them for no reason

Pull the other one you pair if morons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:24 pm

The trust will get plenty of stick now from spider, greenman, and the farm yard brent rimmers who will love "jb" no matter what league the non investing banker dumps us in. did brenty turn up at the fanfest for his usual two hour round of applause from the true believers?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Saw Andy on the League show, he definitely has a great face for radio, good performance all round from the trust.

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
I said on the other thread that whilst I was cautious of saying Brent out without a valid replacement, it is absolutely right to demonstrate and protest against the mismanagement of the club.

This in my opinion is nothing short of a disgrace. A fans group with the aim to keeping the club accountable and when things get tricky on and off the pitch they chose the 'ignore' option. Well they're within their rights but it should now be clear that they've made the choice to alienate a massive proportion of the fanbase and chosen to make it clear that they will continue to run the club however they please and choose to not make themselves accountable to elected supporters. Essentially it says 'we will run the club into the ground and will refuse to take on supporter representation that is questioning when things are bad'. That is an absolute outrage and a further example of the club surrendering an extraordinary amount of goodwill that they had when they purchased the club.

A very depressing end to a great day as far as the football goes. For me it is simple- get behind JS and the lads of on matchdays and enjoy wins like this one. When it is not matchdays, continue to be militant for what we as members of the AFT feel is transparency and supporter representation with the club. I really thought we'd got a good egg with Brent- someone who genuinely wanted the fans to be at the very heart of everything through good or bad and someone who would do his very best to ensure our club was run properly, despite whatever money he may be making from the property. Quite frankly I feel thoroughly let down and angry about it all.

To be clear- I entirely disenfranchise myself from any mass unveiling of dirt in personal confrontations. I absolutely fully associate myself with the aims of the AFT to ensure accountability of the club. A political issue for me not a personal one, playing the man not the ball- but one I feel no less passionate about nonetheless.

Should have listened to what people were saying on here before instead of patronizing, criticizing grammar, questioning schooling etc all very Pasoti....

Still nice to be proved right .............................yet again, he who laughs last and all that
Just about says it all though really though doesn't it- the fact that you think it's nice to be proved right. Surely it'd be nicer to be proved wrong and the club actually be on the right path? However despite everything we are at least on the same side regarding the clubs attitude to the Trust- very depressing.

you are right Sam i think all those involved would have been happy to been proven wrong over Brent and his intentions after all we are all fans of the club and want the best for it.

Brent has done himself no favours in sideling the trust and being secretative about the state of the club. after all the trust where doing there job asking questions about the state of the club speaking out for fans so we dont see another admin era or relegation.

If brent doesnt like being questioned he is not going to like the summer months if the club are relegated.

There were many like Green Sam who worshipped at the altar of brent.
They are looking VERY foolish indeed.

They have NOT listened to argyle fans with experience & followed blindly those who have been hypnotised by the look in someones eyes.

I am satisfied today that those of us 'cynics' were correct all along.
I am DIS-SATISFIED that the club is bottom of the league.

Care to sit next to me at Rochdale Brenty boy ??????????
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:09 pm

seadog wrote:
Saw Andy on the League show, he definitely has a great face for radio, good performance all round from the trust.

I thought Green-jock at last as found Big Foot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Face to face? Really Webb?

You do EVERYTHING face to face don't you.

#sellout #liar# #greenman

He didn't seem to want 'face to face' with Andy Symons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next