Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")

Go down 
+24
Czarcasm
gasser9
Gareth Nicholson
shonbo
Lord Tisdale
Elias
Richard Blight
david_fisher
seadog
Thai green
Greengiant
Dane
lawnmowerman
GreenSam
Rickler
Tgwu
swampy
Charlie Wood
mouldyoldgoat
Mock Cuncher
Freathy
Damon.Lenszner
Tringreen
Dougie
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:52 am

I've just joined the Trust, as it's now clear to everyone that the club owner and his self promoting lackies only require compliant supporters.

I urge others to join the Trust, as whatever happens to the club at the end of the season status wise, the Trust will need to grow and become the only true and unfettered voice of all decent Argyle people, worldwide.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:00 am

Good on ya Tring!

The Trust leaders will need a strong support behind them and I am sure they will now get it!

The Argyle board and associate has for sometime been pushing for a confrontation with the fans, it is no coincidence that there seems to be a more direct "use pasoti and no other or I won't deal with you" attitude. You must comply and be assimilated by the pasoti controllers.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:36 am

So who is Webb going to back? His beloved Trust or his beloved Brent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:38 am

I will be joining the Trust this week
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:07 am

I will join the trust
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:14 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Greengiant wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Now is the time to drive brent out of the club. It can be done.
And once again i ask replace him with whom?? Is there anyone known to us in a position to take over?? there's no point calling for his head if there is no replacement

Rolling Eyes not this tired and worn out excuse that was used to death by stapleton fans and now i see being brought back for brent. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

if the club isnt up for sale of course there isnt anyone known to replace him. .... Put the club up for sale and we will find out one way or another. Was JB known to anyone before the club was up for sale? no i think you find.

No point trying to explain that to the brent lovers. Their beloved St james the saviour is the only owner PAFC can ever have from now on and there is no other potential owners in the known universe.
Back to top Go down
Greengiant

Greengiant

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:40 am

Freathy wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Greengiant wrote:
Freathy wrote:
And once again i ask replace him with whom?? Is there anyone known to us in a position to take over?? there's no point calling for his head if there is no replacement

Rolling Eyes not this tired and worn out excuse that was used to death by stapleton fans and now i see being brought back for brent. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

if the club isnt up for sale of course there isnt anyone known to replace him. .... Put the club up for sale and we will find out one way or another. Was JB known to anyone before the club was up for sale? no i think you find.

No point trying to explain that to the brent lovers. Their beloved St james the saviour is the only owner PAFC can ever have from now on and there is no other potential owners in the known universe.
I assure you fella's i am no brent fan, i can at this point see no viable alternative, if one is shown then i'd choose which is best then!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:49 am

TINA!

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:54 am

Greengiant wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Greengiant wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I assure you fella's i am no brent fan, i can at this point see no viable alternative, if one is shown then i'd choose which is best then!

How do you know that no other person would be interested in the club and the land grab?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:05 am

How do you know there is GOB? It's a circular argument.

Fan engagement huh? The fan-fests are still going strong. Fan engagement will only continue when it suits those with the power (i.e. the board) - when it goes awry and stops being manageable, it'll be gone. Chris Webb and Ian Newell will both find that out fairly soon as it seems that someone like Brent and his partners (the chaps with the cash) are distancing themselves from the local grievances, the historic grudges, the petty squabbles and the point scoring. They're above the kind of behaviour we've all witnessed.

Webby and Newell are going to be pretty upset when Brent stops them having that sense of kudos they've been given.

Nothing lasts forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:09 am

hairy j wrote:
How do you know there is GOB? It's a circular argument.

Fan engagement huh? The fan-fests are still going strong. Fan engagement will only continue when it suits those with the power (i.e. the board) - when it goes awry and stops being manageable, it'll be gone. Chris Webb and Ian Newell will both find that out fairly soon as it seems that someone like Brent and his partners (the chaps with the cash) are distancing themselves from the local grievances, the historic grudges, the petty squabbles and the point scoring. They're above the kind of behaviour we've all witnessed.

Webby and Newell are going to be pretty upset when Brent stops them having that sense of kudos they've been given.

Nothing lasts forever.

Exactly my point Hairy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:40 am

Went out last night i/ve just read this shit it really is mind blowing what go's on at this club, brent will follow the money/development he's not never has been never will be a argyle fan, i was never a big trust fan to be honest but now seeing how many of the disgusting self promoters are against the trust including brent and jones i'm joining.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:43 am

I didn't bother to renew my Trust membership but I will do tonight.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:12 am

Well that's 6 more trust members! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:05 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

ALL fans should get behind the trust and join it i say Smile, It is after all the only legit organisation that represents fans that is owned by the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:12 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Make that 7. afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:19 pm

I'm not so sure that the fanbase is completely split. What it is, is almost universally united and concerned about retaining league status this season.

There have always been and will always be 'political factions' within any fanbase who hold that the people currently in power and control are either doing things wrong or should be doing things differently. The most successful club in British footballing history, if not world club football, which continues to perform year in year out on the pitch (Man Utd) has a massive anti-owner movement.

The superfans and mainchancers currently picking over the carcass of Argyle in the Directors box are relatively small in number and are currently having their day. It wont and can't last forever.

I think the Trust needs to continue to work attritionally in attracting new members and building its network of local and national contacts. The Trust needs some potential 'heavy hitters' in its ranks if it is to have any real power and influence and before it needs to step into the breach once again. The Trust leadership and membership really needs to ask itself whether they do have the right calibre of ability on board yet - perhaps it does - I honestly don't know.

Brent has effectively delegated the running of Argyle's communications and community liaison to Jones & Co but I suspect he must be asking himself "WTF have I done". It has failed miserably up to now and is magnified by the mainly utter tripe on the pitch this season.

Brent will need to regroup next season regardless of league status - so does the Trust.
Back to top Go down
david_fisher

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 pm

I see Damon has confirmed on PASOTI that Brent & the PAFC board are ceasing all communication with the AFT.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I suppose this simply formalises the position which has applied for months anyway.

Just proves that Brent's talk of fan inclusion was just so much hot air.

As soon as there are some very mild rumblings of discontent he takes his ball home.

If the unthinkable happens and we are relegated to the BSP what will he make of the shit-storm that will inevitably follow?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:30 pm

So in a nutshell, Brent's idea of fan representation is his own hand picked PASB that went tits up meaning that the Trust is represented via the back door and that the only "Brent man" on board is Hooper the pooper snooper!

It's comically inept really lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:33 pm

I have never doubted that my support should be behind the Fans Trust.

PASB is a vehicle set up by James Brent, so not independent of the management of the club.

Member 202.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:33 pm

My guess is that Brent will now withdraw from communicating with those on the PASB that will not sign NDAs and completing his mockery of fan representation.

Hooper will be the PASB lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:51 pm

The only way Brent can regain any credibility is if he publicly releases his plans for the new-grandstand, the grandstand and no Bollocks about Ice-rinks, Cinemas and Schools.
He also publicly dissociates himself from the Windsor brothers, Hooper etc, the lot of them banned from Home Park for life.
That would get some of the fans coming back
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:29 pm

It seems ironic that the club will not communicate with the Trust, yet the chair of the PASB is a Trust board member. The PASB secretary is also a Trust board member. The financial expert is a Trust board member. An ex director of the club is a Trust member. Others are also Trust board members or Trust members.

Mr Brent, when you talk to the PASB; you ARE talking to the Trust!

This stance the club has taken, is in my view, very unprofessional. When the PASB criticise the club, which it must surely do, will the club then refuse to talk to the PASB as well? I'm afraid the club's position has severely damaged my trust in the current boards ability to take into account the views and wishes of PAFC supporters when making decisions that affect OUR football club.

I call upon the Trust to make the PASB the Trust or a sub committee of the Trust asap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:36 pm

PASB to me just seems like an establishment that is directly controlled by the club. We dont need a PASB, one singer ,one song the AFT should be the sole voice of the fans......minus the obvious vermin of course.

Last edited by punchdrunk on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Time to get the national press involved, A link of this thread emailed across would be enough to stir up interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next