Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")

Go down 
+24
Czarcasm
gasser9
Gareth Nicholson
shonbo
Lord Tisdale
Elias
Richard Blight
david_fisher
seadog
Thai green
Greengiant
Dane
lawnmowerman
GreenSam
Rickler
Tgwu
swampy
Charlie Wood
mouldyoldgoat
Mock Cuncher
Freathy
Damon.Lenszner
Tringreen
Dougie
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:50 pm

As far as I am concerned piss taking between red and green fans is fine as long as it doesn't overstep the mark. Yes, sure, when a red says things like their position and our position in the league or if we go down they have a little dig, it will hurt like hell but it won't be said with any malice.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:54 pm

I used to post on ExWeb years ago but frankly, Newell was an embarrassment to be associated with and seemed only intent in creating some sort of weird "I'm at war with Exeter fans" delusional pretence, he even used to post links on pasoti directing to comments that he had made on Exweb. A very odd man as we now know, so I stopped posting.

Rivalry is great, nothing wrong with a bit of banter as long as you're happy to share a pint with the guy after.

Where's that Exegeter fekka that owes me a pint!!

Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:57 am

GOB wrote:
I used to post on ExWeb years ago but frankly, Newell was an embarrassment to be associated with and seemed only intent in creating some sort of weird "I'm at war with Exeter fans" delusional pretence, he even used to post links on pasoti directing to comments that he had made on Exweb. A very odd man as we now know, so I stopped posting.

Rivalry is great, nothing wrong with a bit of banter as long as you're happy to share a pint with the guy after.

Where's that Exegeter fekka that owes me a pint!!

Agree 100%.
Many years ago when I lived in Colchester they always played on a Friday night and I always looked forward to the Exeter and Torquay fixtures. I would go in the away end and cheer for the Devon Boys. Mind you a Friday night at Layer Road in January and February was not a very hospitable place but it was comforting to share the away end with at least three Exeter fans and two fans when the Torks played.
Layer Road one of the few grounds that announced the crowd changes to the players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:13 am

IJN has a pathalogical fear of hearing the opinions of other teams supporters doesn't he? Ironic given the amount of his own free time that he's spent on Exeweb. The Wimbledon fan and Jabba on PASOTI have offered full, articulate opinions on how a club should engage with their supporters trust. Nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:42 am

The Red Star wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
One thing I love about this site is the way Exeter fans are welcome and on the whole post with an intelligence not usually associated with that place Razz

Seriously though, what is the problem with chatting to other fans from other clubs? I saw a few choice comments over on Pasoti to jabba earlier and it's usually the case that they're not welcome on there. Newell and Webb tweet constantly about Exeter as if they have anything to gloat about, but it also comes across as ever so slightly obsessive, as if they think that's how it should be.

Add Newell's 10,000 plus posts on exeweb which were hardly complimentary and it is such a narrow-minded old fashioned view which I find really strange.

Tcm can't see why city fans are welcome on here either, so what would these people do on holiday if they bumped into a city fan? Would they glass them and post photos on Twitter?

Just an observation of another difference between the two sites.

Spot on Jock.

Newell did Argyle a huge dis-service with his 20 daily posts on Exeweb. It took a long time to get rid of him and the utter contempt all Argyle fans were held in on there. Cerbs posted on there before Pasoti and before ATD saying he supported both Clubs. Webb didn't post I think, although he did text a few City fans (myself included) after being given numbers by Newell when we all finally believed the stories Tring and others told us. ATD I think is how a forum should operate. This is an adult Argyle forum, first and foremost, not a forum for City fans. However, those of us who do post on here rarely overstep the mark and quite frankly if we did I think you would give us a metaphorical slap....if you catch us that is. It is all about respect I think. Whilst I will always want Argyle to lose, I do not want those that post on here to lose.

Any animosity between both sets of fans should be voiced in the ground on a match day, after that...there are more important things to love and hate.

I have got my tickets for the 30th and will be spending the rest of the day and night in Plymouth. My car will be parked hidden away (City sticker taken off) with the only problem expected trying to get to the car after the game...however in a strange way that is exciting and often why you go. The danger is an andenalin rush not to be missed.

Would I go in the Cherry Tree before the game...almost definately (but not with colours), would I go in the Britannia...no way

Not sure if you have a parking area earmarked Red, but if you want the easiest access to the away end without having to negotiate any of the area at the front of the ground (around Outland Rd) then your best bet would be to park somewhere around Barn Park Rd or Trelawney Rd to the east of Central Park. You then just walk up through the park and have direct access to the away end.

If you were thinking of parking anywhere near the Cherry Tree, make sure you wear your running shoes for your journey back to the car... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:10 am

He's well and truly on the run now. Where are all his poodles these days ?

Now he wants back to the Championship.......... make yer mind up Napoleon, I thought it was more your style mixing it with the Devon Bowl boys. Rolling Eyes

If Brent won't invest to get the ball rolling, why will he not look for walleted partners with some venture capital ? He wants it both ways. The fans are supposed to pay for everything and if it works and we get on a Sturrockesque roll, Brent will be able to cash in.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:18 am

Just a few months ago he was saying that time in the Blue Square wouldn't be much of a problem for the club!

The guy is just a trolling loon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 11:36 am

GOB wrote:
Just a few months ago he was saying that time in the Blue Square wouldn't be much of a problem for the club!

The guy is just a trolling loon.

flip/flop opinionated trolling loon i'd say
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 am

It's one of my favourite replies ever. Suddenly he's the only one who wants us back in the Championship and anyone with ambtions for the Trust being run in a constructive fan participation way like AFC or Exeter are a hindrance to that. And that is coming from the man who back his REAL mate Fletcher well and truly past his sell by date. And moreover gave Brent his best Churchill Insurance nodding dog agreement about it as they drove together on the highways and byways of this fair land.

Jerry over there calls him out well on the issue especcially over the level of abuse that doesn't appear on the thread at all.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:07 pm

First of all, well done to Andy and Co for speaking out and saying in public what a lot of supporters have been saying for a while. It speaks volumes that the comments have been taken as they have and all contact with the Trust has been severed by the club. That, in my view, shows James Brent's inexperience in dealing with a football club - it is so far removed from his other business interests, and he doesn't seem to be learning very quickly.

That's because I think he doesn't want to. I really don't he's bothered in the slightest about the fortunes of the football club. It's a vehicle for his ambitions for that particular area of Central Park. He turns up with his scarf from time to time and says a few word to the adoring masses and all is well with the world. He's good at that - saying things that people want to hear.

I'm also disappointed at the role Peter Jones is playing in all of this. I've always had a lot of time for Peter in that he's always been a 'fan' and had the club's best interests at heart. Now it seems he's on the defensive, and criticising the timing of the statement was a weak argument to say the least.

The fans are fed up with the performance of the team on the pitch, and the club off it. Not much has been said publically over the last few years, and as soon as something outlining the concerns of supporters is mentioned the club pulls up the drawbridge and acts like a spoilt child.

The very fact that there needs to be a Trust to question the board says a lot. It's clear the club doesn't want it and it's clear the fans do. What happened to working together to push the club forward, like in the first Sturrock era? Long gone now, and there is so much animosity, bitterness and division throughout the fanbase, any sort of co-operation would probably need a UN resolution.

This is not my football club any more.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:35 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
As far as I am concerned piss taking between red and green fans is fine as long as it doesn't overstep the mark. Yes, sure, when a red says things like their position and our position in the league or if we go down they have a little dig, it will hurt like hell but it won't be said with any malice.

Spot on Mouldy, sometimes it can be difficult to seperate trolling, banter and genuine differences of opinion, mostly the issue is the attitude posts are read with.

I regularly indulge in all three where I feel they are appropriate but don't consider myself to be malicious in any way, in actual fact I found myself in the rather strange position of having to disagree with my wingman Saturday when he suggested it would have been good to give up our win if it meant you would have lost to Barnet.

I have a doctors appointment Wednesday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The Red Star wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
One thing I love about this site is the way Exeter fans are welcome and on the whole post with an intelligence not usually associated with that place Razz

Seriously though, what is the problem with chatting to other fans from other clubs? I saw a few choice comments over on Pasoti to jabba earlier and it's usually the case that they're not welcome on there. Newell and Webb tweet constantly about Exeter as if they have anything to gloat about, but it also comes across as ever so slightly obsessive, as if they think that's how it should be.

Add Newell's 10,000 plus posts on exeweb which were hardly complimentary and it is such a narrow-minded old fashioned view which I find really strange.

Tcm can't see why city fans are welcome on here either, so what would these people do on holiday if they bumped into a city fan? Would they glass them and post photos on Twitter?

Just an observation of another difference between the two sites.

Spot on Jock.

Newell did Argyle a huge dis-service with his 20 daily posts on Exeweb. It took a long time to get rid of him and the utter contempt all Argyle fans were held in on there. Cerbs posted on there before Pasoti and before ATD saying he supported both Clubs. Webb didn't post I think, although he did text a few City fans (myself included) after being given numbers by Newell when we all finally believed the stories Tring and others told us. ATD I think is how a forum should operate. This is an adult Argyle forum, first and foremost, not a forum for City fans. However, those of us who do post on here rarely overstep the mark and quite frankly if we did I think you would give us a metaphorical slap....if you catch us that is. It is all about respect I think. Whilst I will always want Argyle to lose, I do not want those that post on here to lose.

Any animosity between both sets of fans should be voiced in the ground on a match day, after that...there are more important things to love and hate.

I have got my tickets for the 30th and will be spending the rest of the day and night in Plymouth. My car will be parked hidden away (City sticker taken off) with the only problem expected trying to get to the car after the game...however in a strange way that is exciting and often why you go. The danger is an andenalin rush not to be missed.

Would I go in the Cherry Tree before the game...almost definately (but not with colours), would I go in the Britannia...no way

Not sure if you have a parking area earmarked Red, but if you want the easiest access to the away end without having to negotiate any of the area at the front of the ground (around Outland Rd) then your best bet would be to park somewhere around Barn Park Rd or Trelawney Rd to the east of Central Park. You then just walk up through the park and have direct access to the away end.

If you were thinking of parking anywhere near the Cherry Tree, make sure you wear your running shoes for your journey back to the car... Very Happy

Czar, Barn Park Road is where I normally park. Problem at the last game was the area through Central Park was blocked by the Police so we had to walk with a huge police presence along the back of the Lyndhurst and out through the main parking area, then proceed back to Barn Park. Not ideal. That said the JPT game that preceeded it we had to leave in complete darkness and I actually walked into a post.

Think i will give the Cherry Tree a miss on this occasion and don't think any City fan will be permitted in the Home Fan Fest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:33 pm

I think it maybe Popcorn time...... Very Happy

The Wimbledon fan has come back with a superb reply which has then been dutifully tapped in the net by David Fisher with a very succint summary of the actions of Mr Jones. In addition Womble has started a new thread solely focused on Mr Jones' actions.

So many threads to defend. I hope they've got enough multi's Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Without the use of the bullying pasoti ban button newell is made to look a complete thicko. He's out of his depth now, he can't compete when it comes to iq.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:46 pm

What’s the difference between a ‘self-sustained club with a rich owner’ and a ‘self-sustained Trust run club'? Other than the free invites to the director’s box?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
What’s the difference between a ‘self-sustained club with a rich owner’ and a ‘self-sustained Trust run club'? Other than the free invites to the director’s box?

Promotion and relegation as things stand.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
I think it maybe Popcorn time...... Very Happy

The Wimbledon fan has come back with a superb reply which has then been dutifully tapped in the net by David Fisher with a very succint summary of the actions of Mr Jones. In addition Womble has started a new thread solely focused on Mr Jones' actions.

So many threads to defend. I hope they've got enough multi's Very Happy

Which specific thread are we talking about here Pokey ?

I should like to have a peruse later but have no wish to push up Porky's hit count unnecessarily.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:31 pm

For Lord Tis.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:45 pm

promotion run!!!!!! have seen the gates the scummers are getting affraid still what lovely trust lol,,,
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Yes poor old porky is taking a bit of a pasting. Looks like another sleepless in Singapore night tonight. This time last year he would have had at least a dozen backing him up. Now he ploughs a lone furrow, he's been found out and is nothing more than an embarassment to the club he purports to represent. Silly titles and some people just don't go together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Oh dear, the holier than though one is not getting it all his own way today, or is it night over there? He just has to bring the same old crap every time now and looks like he's got the Xisle viper tongue on him, this is going to get him mighty mad!
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:12 pm

The sad thing is he just cannot see he brings it all on himself and he has had long enough to work it out. Obviously not the brightest of sparks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:18 pm

swampy wrote:
The sad thing is he just cannot see he brings it all on himself and he has had long enough to work it out. Obviously not the brightest of sparks.

Does he dare read this lot, whilst downing Pims at the pool? Even Freud would struggle with his psychoanalysis!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:19 pm

swampy wrote:
Yes poor old porky is taking a bit of a pasting. Looks like another sleepless in Singapore night tonight. This time last year he would have had at least a dozen backing him up. Now he ploughs a lone furrow, he's been found out and is nothing more than an embarassment to the club he purports to represent. Silly titles and some people just don't go together.

Ah but he has some allies. He calls them the silent majority. So when no one agrees him he can call on the ones who do but just can't be bothered to say it. Although of course without speaking up it could as easily be the silent minority or even the silent nobody.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:27 pm

tcm wrote:
promotion run!!!!!! have seen the gates the scummers are getting affraid still what lovely trust lol,,,

Who,,, are ,,,, you ,,,,,, today?????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")   Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition") - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Andy Symons & John Petrie (aka "Leaders of the Opposition")
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next