PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
Josh Pope
Les Miserable
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:12 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:
Excellent result and performance - showed some true mettle. I defy anyone to have anything negative to say tonight (even on here)  I love you .

I have to go to work tonight, FFS. Mad
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:13 pm

Could've done with another clean sheet Cool
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Aviva 'til I die.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Results went our way, bring on the mighty Bury jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Never thought I'd hear myself say this but the Bury game IS MASSIVE Razz
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 5:25 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Never thought I'd hear myself say this but the Bury game IS MASSIVE Razz
How Village!lol!lol!lol!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 5:26 pm

Passing through outland on the way back from Albion and there was the mighty  white pasty. Never saw the black one down at Albion, they also had a white coach which was parked in the car-park. Albion won 18 - 17
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 5:33 pm

Bloody rubbish. Brent out !

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 6:23 pm

Just back to Plymouth, even got a free ride in first class on the way back, what a top day in general.

Thought the first half was a largely even affair, in the sense that we played well up until 25 minutes and Exeter the last 20. Looked a good finish from Reuben although it was almost impossible to see from the away end (jesus they need a new one), the Exeter goal was a good cross but the defending was an absolute disgrace.

In the second half we came out, controlled the game largely, definite penalty and finely converted, went a man down (harsh red) but it only galvanised us, and Reubs got another, wild scenes in the away end.

Exeter tidy enough first half, useless in the second. Was surprised to see Pym applaud the Green Army at full time, not like that Morrison p*ck trying to wind us up in the first half on two occasions, what a plonker he looks now.

Atmosphere so much better, never thought one could be created in that terrace but the drum really helped, as off course did the football.

McCormick - 8
Talbot - 7
Nelson - 6
McHugh - 8
Hartley - 8
Holmes-Dennis - 7
O'Connor - 8
Lee - 5
Bobby - 7
Alessandra - 8
Reid - 9

Cox - 7
Brunt - 8
Blizzard - 7

Bragging rights with us.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 6:35 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

jocolor jocolor geek clown confused laugh laugh laugh lol confused deadhorse point and laugh there there yeh yeh parteeeeee chickendance :greenrave: :Zzzzzzz: :Suicide:

Sad Act [Freathy] in reverse Wink Wink

Happy Act.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Aviva 'til I die.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i thought reuben was taller and socks lower then that guy is showing.... oh and he's black too (dont sue me stan collymore)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 6:47 pm

great if not fantastic result for us we sounded like it wa more than deserved aswell. Reuben Reid has earnt one of those crap murals in my eyes hat trick at sid james park how fantastic and what away to get back into goal scoring form after a dry spell and playing poorly of late.

The score even got a huge pop at the brickfields.
Interested to see lee's sending off aswell as the hatrick tonight.

Next weeks game is a huge one as its against Bury who are level on points with us. Hopefully Reid will be fit to play
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 7:03 pm

Me & Alltivvy were in the home end of the crappy little wooden stand and I reckon we were good value for that win - the sending off was right in front of us and worth only a yellow, their 2nd goal was ok but we bossed the whole game!!
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Me & Alltivvy were in the home end of the crappy little wooden stand and I reckon we were good value for that win - the sending off was right in front of us and worth only a yellow, their 2nd goal was ok but we bossed the whole game!!

Geddon bheys, hope you gave it some when we scored cheers
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Rickler wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

jocolor jocolor geek clown confused laugh laugh laugh lol confused deadhorse point and laugh there there yeh yeh parteeeeee chickendance :greenrave: :Zzzzzzz: :Suicide:

Sad Act [Freathy] in reverse Wink Wink

Happy Act.

Yes, there's only one sad act in this thread methinks Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:00 pm

Nightmare, we are truly shiite, hopefully you will miss out on the autos and get dicked by some mahooosive club like Stevenage or Newport in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:05 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:

Geddon bheys, hope you gave it some when we scored cheers

We were most respectful - no punching the air but gleeful response!!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:12 pm

What a local derby. A hat-trick from a resurgent player who then went off injured, a penalty, a sending-off and a fantastic away win in which we were much better in the second half than in the first. A genuinely, gripping, thrilling game which had me mentally kicking and heading every ball from that awful shambles of an away end.

Finally, vindication at St James's. I've been there four times before with Argyle. Once, in the last days of Fletcher. Once, a penalty shootout loss. Once, all but confirming our relegation to League Two (with we'll meet again playing in the background). Once, last season, the single lowest point I have ever had as an Argyle fan where we all but resigned ourselves (in fact, scratch the all but) to a sixth successive season of battling relegation. This was sweet. I've never really been one for hyping myself up into a mania about local derbies but this was incredibly sweet and make no mistake about it. 4 wins in a row for the first time since February 2008. That's seven years almost to the day. Being managed by John Sheridan always has its peaks and its troughs. I still have my reservations but at the moment we're certainly in one of the peaks so let's just bask in the moment. I'll say this for Sheridan too. Unlike the last time we were reduced to ten men, he made full use of his subs bench and he devised a perfect Plan B to contain Exeter. It's all looking seriously good for us at the moment, other results went our way too.

Onto the game. Let's be honest, as great day as it was, the first half wasn't really all that clever. We controlled the game and were the better of the two sides. We never really looked in any danger until the last 3/4 minutes before Exeter's goal. However, a team of OAP's could have had a decent stint at doing that because (and this cannot be stated highly enough) Exeter were truly appalling. Properly hopeless case bad. They never really troubled us all game apart from the goal. They were sloppy, lethargic, couldn't keep the ball or regain it from us. They had no discernible shape or gameplan. By far and away it's the worst I've seen Exeter play. It's in fact the worst I've EVER seen a home team play when I'm on the road watching Argyle. In the first half we rightly controlled the game, O'Connor being the stand out player in terms of getting stuff started in midfield. Aside from Reuben's goal we had a good chance from Alessandra that was well saved by Pym and a few other half-chances. I do think however that if we were on our very best form we could have completely dispatched them and gone in 3-0 up. Reuben and Bobby stood out in the first half but the wing-backs didn't play high up enough and Lee had one of his crap days, Lewi was underwhelming. On the whole we had the most of the half but could have done better. Gave away the ball cheaply leading to Exeter's goal.

The second half was absolutely different gravy. Our three centre backs were as imperious as ever, dealing with everything that came their way without breaking sweat as ever. The best of an excellent three however was McHugh. THD had a phenomenal second half in which he got involved without making any mistakes defensively and was a threat going forward. Talbot also improved but I'm less enamoured with him on the whole than I am with THD. O'Connor continued to excell and Bobby was also a real threat going forward. Lewi's movement improved and caused them trouble as the game went on(as demonstrated by the penalty he won).

The real man of the moment though, of course, was Reuben. I've had my doubts about him and his form of late and I think rightly so at the time. But the one thing I never suggested was dropping him and I said he was only one game away from returning to form in earnest. And return to form he did. A fantastic performance in both his all round play and to score three goals. The penalty was perfectly dispatched and he showed great composure when capitalising on two defensive errors from Exeter defenders to coolly score two from open play. A slight worry about his injury scoring the third and let's hope he's back for Saturday. Their man should have walked for the foul on Lewi however. The homer ref also gave a soft red card on Lee.

The red if anything galvanised us even more. Cox came in and shored us up massively. We never for a second felt in any real danger after 3-1. Exeter had some of the ball but we kept them out of dangerous areas and were more or less in complete control. Cox looked very capable going forward too. That first goal is getting ever closer for him. He's a must start. Blizzard also did well keeping the ball in order to see out the last ten. Brunt...wins a lot of long-balls but he's more of a pinball machine than Nick Chadwick. We won however so I'll not dwell on that for too much.

On the whole, a really satisfactory and enjoyable day and a great performance especially in the second half.

McCormick-8. Did very well in his general play and did nothing wrong for the goal in spite of picking up a nasty looking injury. It goes without saying that the usual unpleasantries were on display from the big bank.

Nelson-7
McHugh-9
Hartley-8

Talbot-5
O'Connor-9
Bobby Reid-7
Lee-5
THD-7

Reuben-9
Alessandra -7

Cox-8
Brunt-5
Blizzard-7
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 9:52 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 10:06 pm

Tgwu wrote:

this guy makes charlies coverage look like godfather 2 lol  good find tgwu even if the grek twat filming forgot to record the 3rd goal lol
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 12:58 am

was kjn let in
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:46 am

got to say that Red Card for Lee was OTT. Deserved a Yellow card no doubt about that but never a red.

Sure Lee's Loan ends now as he has been here well over a month.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 12:50 pm

It ended after yesterdays match, will Shezza look for an extension now he's banned for 3?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 1:12 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
It ended after yesterdays match, will Shezza look for an extension now he's banned for 3?

There was quiet a bit of pr for Lee last week which gave me the impression he was staying but now im not so sure. I feel it will come down to the red card being recinded if he does or not.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 2:33 pm

Highlights of goals

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.   'El Crapico'...Match Build Up. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

'El Crapico'...Match Build Up.
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next