Tringreen
Flat_Track_Bully
Rickler
Dougie
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:42 pm

knecht wrote:
Lots of this article deals with the historical background to the present situation but is nevertheless interesting & relevant. What is most relevant are the title and the closing paragraphs.

It is clear from the need to sell presumably one of our highest wage-earners that we are still in turmoil. The incompetence of those basing their financial projections on much higher gates than we are getting is surely to blame for our present difficulties. The mistake, in my view, of maintaining faith in Carl Fletcher for too long is a further factor.

I can't be sure but I believe that Mr Brent said that he would expect the plans for the new grandstand - an important source of income generation remember - would be published around now (apologies if I am wrong about that).

If our results don't improve and if we keep shedding players of the quality of Purse then we will soon be back where we were a year ago both financially and with the threat of relegation looming.

The price quoted in that article for Joe Mason says it all.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:47 pm

To use the word of the year the club seems to be going from one omnishables to the next omnishambles without passing go.

It's great timing as well. Imagine if you were thinking of forking out for a couple of Argyle related Christmas presents say a half season ticket, a white membership, a new shirt from Santa this would probably stop you in your tracks. God forbid that anyone is wrapping up a recently purchased PURSE emblazoned replica shirt.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:52 pm

I expect Lennox will also be released in January as he is on a short term contract.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Blame Webb, blame Newell, Daz, Postey, Ponty and all the other arse lickers who told us to trust in them as they had met the almighty, blame Smiffy (morals, integrity FFS!) don't feckin well blame me, I was getting heaps of shit for asking questions about how we were going to survive as a football club whilst paying for Brent's purchase of the club. What is so sad is that I have been proved right, why don't I rejoice in my victory? Because all this is enough to bring tears to an old blokes eyes, FFS.
feck off now Brent at least with the M7 we had some decent football along the way, sustainable my arse.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:00 pm

And another thing. This is portent of a summer of huge rebuilding. Brent and his board aren't going to be able to summise and build a budget on 8000 crowds. It's going to be a bargain basement austerity budget. Does anyone trust Fletcher to get rid of the chaff, keep the wheat, find 12 or so promotion ready replacements and meld them into an all singing all conquering League 2 winning football team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:07 pm

I should have pointed out that the author of the article I linked to above is Baba. That, combined with his excellent summary on pasoti also quoted earlier, should get recognition on a mural. Intelligent & clever man .... for a mathematician.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Dougie wrote:
And another thing. This is portent of a summer of huge rebuilding. Brent and his board aren't going to be able to summise and build a budget on 8000 crowds. It's going to be a bargain basement austerity budget. Does anyone trust Fletcher to get rid of the chaff, keep the wheat, find 12 or so promotion ready replacements and meld them into an all singing all conquering League 2 winning football team.

Actually that is one thing that really bothers me when i'm posting "Fletcher out" or whatever.I know that a playing budget of £1.8m has been mentioned but...what manager in his right mind [and,despite everything,i don't believe that Fletcher is clinically insane or even football stupid] would sign as his first choice a 32 year old fireman yet to play league football,a player who had played 17 games in two years through injury,an untried player from a non league club and a player who couldn't get into a Burton team that went 23 games without a win last season? Have we been on an austerity budget all along in spite of the spin engendered by the club? Admittedly there have been some loan signings [almost certainly involving shared payments with higher league clubs,except for Madjo- maybe Argyle stretched to paying his wages as he came from a club even lower than ourselves] and it was difficult to justify Gilmartin as a priority signing.But generally speaking,it just doesn't make any sense.Why would a manager sign those players out of choice?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Actually that is one thing that really bothers me when i'm posting "Fletcher out" or whatever.I know that a playing budget of £1.8m has been mentioned but...what manager in his right mind [and,despite everything,i don't believe that Fletcher is clinically insane or even football stupid] would sign as his first choice a 32 year old fireman yet to play league football,a player who had played 17 games in two years through injury,an untried player from a non league club and a player who couldn't get into a Burton team that went 23 games without a win last season? Have we been on an austerity budget all along in spite of the spin engendered by the club? Admittedly there have been some loan signings [almost certainly involving shared payments with higher league clubs,except for Madjo- maybe Argyle stretched to paying his wages as he came from a club even lower than ourselves] and it was difficult to justify Gilmartin as a priority signing.But generally speaking,it just doesn't make any sense.Why would a manager sign those players out of choice?

Agree with this 100%.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:28 pm

I should go pro with this design.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:29 pm

getting rid of a 35 year old,,,,,cus the moneys a bit tight,,,so what?,,,you lot dont half get your knickers in a twist,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:32 pm

tcm wrote:
getting rid of a 35 year old,,,,,cus the moneys a bit tight,,,so what?,,,you lot dont half get your knickers in a twist,,,,

But he's the club captain?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Could we, yer know, p'raps cut out the freebie director's box lunches to some of those with, shall we say, larger appetitites?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Chingers wrote:

Just goes to show how stupid FV are for doing that mural and how out of touch they are with the clubs history.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Chingers wrote:

Just goes to show how stupid FV are for doing that mural and how out of touch they are with the clubs history.

Who to replace it though? What about "number 12, it's you. The Green Army". Cringe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:54 pm

I vote for PCH or a muriel of Nance jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:56 pm

Chingers wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Chingers wrote:

Who to replace it though? What about "number 12, it's you. The Green Army". Cringe!

Alex macdonald Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Maybe jamesy could draw some spectators for home park?

His master Nool would make it look like 8000 are in every game, then he could draw some of the rest of the gang with their two faces, Webb, Jameson and Hooper for a start, that'll make the face count look much healthier.

Jamesy design. For those moments when you can't find a two year old with some crayons.

Maybe Peggy could go on our sponsors invite? She could ask jamesy a few questions about being called a whore and a slag? Watch him choke on his prawn sandwich as he realises that she could rip his head off and shit down his neck if she wasn't such a lady.

I would stick to being one of Nools little messengers jamesy, because you're crap at banter and even worse at drawing. Another fine example of the kind of cnut Brent wants involved at Argyle. Tongue wedged so far up Brents arse crack that his breath smells of shit constantly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Thank God it's not Chadwick, I don't know what we would have done if he had gone!
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Greenjock wrote:

His master Nool would make it look like 8000 are in every game, then he could draw some of the rest of the gang with their two faces, Webb, Jameson and Hooper for a start, that'll make the face count look much healthier.

Jamesy design. For those moments when you can't find a two year old with some crayons.

Maybe Peggy could go on our sponsors invite? She could ask jamesy a few questions about being called a whore and a slag? Watch him choke on his prawn sandwich as he realises that she could rip his head off and shit down his neck if she wasn't such a lady.

I would stick to being one of Nools little messengers jamesy, because you're crap at banter and even worse at drawing. Another fine example of the kind of cnut Brent wants involved at Argyle. Tongue wedged so far up Brents arse crack that his breath smells of shit constantly.

You have such a way with words jock, even shakespeare would look on in amazement. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Highwayman wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Educated wanker innit

You have such a way with words jock, even shakespeare would look on in amazement. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Why is Jamesy Design getting criticised? He only provided a design he was asked to design. When I next ask for a pasty at Home Park and the lady gives me a pasty, she'll get what for from me.

It's going to be a cash issue - I would expect Purse is the highest wage earner in the dressing room and if he's injured, under-performing and is being suspended for matches he should be playing in, it simply creates tension within those who are not paid the same amount. It happens in the workplace and Plymouth Argyle, for those players, is a work place.

There's nothing actually wrong with this and it makes sense - if someone is costing you a large amount of money and isn't performing, you will try, within the law, to end their contract. That's what's happening here isn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Excellent news. When a club is in free fall, SOMETHING needs to change. This is a good start ... although I would have preferred it to be Fletcher on his way. I think Brent will be disappointed just how difficult it will be to get rid of this oldster.

This latest regime has an honesty akin to the last one, and I believe it is more than budgetary concerns. A sign of the internal strife that MUST be there.
The disciplinary record of our captain says to me he's now done his South West stint, and wants out back to his roots and family. And of course, what of the Fletcher demand that ALL players should live down here. Bleeds Green of somewhere North of here has probably been put off fishing for life. What happened to the tweets ?... short lived Razz
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:12 pm

The trust needs to jump on this straight away. Instead of raising £400k for a share in the club, maybe keep it for a rainy day which I feel is coming again. I have a funny feeling we are slipping back into admin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:14 pm

hairy j wrote:
Why is Jamesy Design getting criticised? He only provided a design he was asked to design. When I next ask for a pasty at Home Park and the lady gives me a pasty, she'll get what for from me.

It's going to be a cash issue - I would expect Purse is the highest wage earner in the dressing room and if he's injured, under-performing and is being suspended for matches he should be playing in, it simply creates tension within those who are not paid the same amount. It happens in the workplace and Plymouth Argyle, for those players, is a work place.

There's nothing actually wrong with this and it makes sense - if someone is costing you a large amount of money and isn't performing, you will try, within the law, to end their contract. That's what's happening here isn't it?

I would have preferred it if the FANS had a say as to who goes on these walls and not just chris webb and his mates. Also FV wasn't the focus point of them. The actual designs themselves look very cheap to be honest.

As for Purse everyone knows i dont have the highest opinion of that little gobshite and i am quite glad he is going but we will be lucky to get rid of him for a fee. However i am concerned that he wont be the only one going and we will see some of our good players sold much like in previous years.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:29 pm

Brent on ITV it nothing to do with him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Purse Transfer Listed
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next