Tringreen
Flat_Track_Bully
Rickler
Dougie
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:59 am

Dougie wrote:
I'm no Jamesy Design but it'll have to do

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cheers lol! cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:08 am

To be honest its not surprising with this board (M7 mk2). Unfortunately its all about the property and like the M7, the actual core product (the football team) is a secondary thought.

Look at all the money the club have wasted on Forza Verde, Muriels, Family zones, Farcical PASB elections etc yet its still hinted in the herald piece that the fans are to blame "under budget attendances". I still would like to know who funded the autographed shirts, balls etc that Newell was auctioning- they certainly weren't all donations.

As for Purse he is overpaid for his current ability. He's clearly lost something compared to last season. But as we are so understrength in the CB area- Blanchard off form, Nelson ok, Richards- no experience, we still need an underperforming Purse.

Brents Board vs M7 Comparitor-

Poor Manager who 70%+ fans want sacked;

Refusal to sack manager and offer alternative- M7 bring in Mariner/ Move Luggy; JB Keep CF, bring in DoF;

Lowering crowds 9which are blamed for financial issues);

Large squad which is low on quality;

Poor team performances and results;

Boards which put other aspects first (before 'football')- World Cup Bids/ Property etc;

Transferring of high earning players to reduce costs (D. Johnson v Purse)

The similarities are growing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:12 am

Isn't this just a BOGF offer- BUY ONE GET FREE (unless we can dupe someone stupid enough to take Chadwick as well!).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:13 am

Yea Man wrote:
jamesy_design wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
I reckon this is more than just saving money, maybe Purse is too vocal in the changing room against Fletch so they're getting rid.

Makes the murial look even more ridiculous though, here for a few years and is a "legend".

Now who is Nool going to go on fishing trips with and twank over.

I think you have nailed it with your first line, maybe Madjo was another one who saw Argyle for what it was hence his sickness?
Is Hairy up and about yet? Maybe you could photoshop the Purse Muriel with a sold banner across it? We could get Jamesey Design to do some crucial T shirts.
The big question in my mind is Brent deliberately trying to run the club into the ground?

Thanks for the mention folks santa santa santa
Hopefully get to meet some of you loverly people next week at the Sponsors do lol!

Your murials look shit.

Just saying.

Laughing

I've seen more talent and artistic designed mural's everytime i walk under the subway to sainsbury's
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 am

WE ARE IN THE SHIT and this is just another example.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 am

So i take it we sell Purse and probably young and nelson in January and replace them with 18 year old loanees.

Administration mark 2 is coming if Brent doesnt actually take an interest and puts his own money into the club. Show a bit of ambition and in turn the fans might start putting their own money into the club. At the moment we are a complete joke.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
So i take it we sell Purse and probably young and nelson in January and replace them with 18 year old loanees.

Administration mark 2 is coming if Brent doesnt actually take an interest and puts his own money into the club. Show a bit of ambition and in turn the fans might start putting their own money into the club. At the moment we are a complete joke.

Maybe, but nobody's laughing.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 am

Jesus Christ.

Well at least if the Mayans were right we won't have to put up with this shit much longer
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:29 am

Me Julie................ real pig ain't she ? lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Take a look closer to home, fat boy.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:34 am

While Jamesy, designer and creator of the ADT website which called fellow Argyle fans paedos, junkies and whores is on here, how is he invited to the Sponsors Lunch? Who does he sponsor (he doesn't appear to be on pasoti list)?

Or is this just a freebie for another JB asslicker?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:35 am

Tringreen wrote:

If she's drinking in Bermondsey, she must be well 'arrrrrrd too! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
While Jamesy, designer and creator of the ADT website which called fellow Argyle fans paedos, junkies and whores is on here, how is he invited to the Sponsors Lunch? Who does he sponsor (he doesn't appear to be on pasoti list)?

Or is this just a freebie for another JB asslicker?

Just another self promoting but essentially dimwitted janner [ yokel ] .

The club has lurched from eternal underachieving mediocrity, to joke status. More buckets than brains.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:42 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

If she's drinking in Bermondsey, she must be well 'arrrrrrd too! lol!

Ha ha ! Pub run by East End Anglo Cypriots, in Cyprus.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:48 am

Clueless was never going to elicit or warrant that sort of emotive respect that Purse needed to be a proper asset at the club. That sending off last Christmas was a joke and stank of an employee looking after number 1.

The club is being run like Zimbabwe....the ego at the top surrounding himself with yes men and removing anyone with any ability who could be construed as a threat, cementing his position within the hierarchy yet weakening the whole.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:12 am

Wotton next then. Not exactly a yes man is he?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:40 am

I'm just so weary of the whole shambolic set up, seemingly lurching from one knee jerk reaction to the next whilst professing to be building a "first in football" professional structural organisation.

Until the board sets the policy of achieving success on the field as the one and only priority it will only get worse.

So disappointing and yes....so village.
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:42 am

Amateur bumbling at its very best.

Everything this club does turns to rat shite.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:54 am

I don't actually think this is a case of removing a dissenter. Or if it is, it's certainly not the only reason.

Big wage bill+ forecast loss+highly paid player+want to make new signings in January+underperforming form this season. All adds up to transfer listing him making perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:57 am

So the belt tightening commences. After letting Fletch slowly fill the squad up, chewing into his annual budget very quickly, the rug is being pulled from under him. I assume that he'll use the money to sign another midfielder on loan! After all he had to call in favours to sign Molesley (what these favours are though is a mystery)

Finances are being mentioned an lot in his interviews now. He has the responsibility for failing to get the team at the very least organised. He's the one always looking for another player yet not shipping them out. Then someone upstairs is okaying his expenditure. Plus there's the hilarious break-even crowd figure. Buck passing of the highest order. Expect us to get the blame again.

Chadwick, Wotton and Feeney should also be released because that collective drain is a bad joke.
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

I can't imagine a player of Purse's age, with 6 months on his contract is going to attract a fee. Looks like we are back to the days of having to let players go on a free to get them off the wage bill!

..............and neither will he "attract a fee" , the club is obviously being run in a very incompetent and naive mannner for the signing of Purse on big money to have been sanctioned in the first place and now those chickens have come home to roost.

Players of that age are NOT saleable assets, any Director of Football could have told Brent that. Oh, you don't have one do you, you only have Nool and his buddy bending Brent's ear with enthusiastic but misplaced rubbish based on no knowledge of the professional game (except as fans) whatsoever.

If fans could make a fist of running a professional playing squad there would be no need for professionalism at all would there.

...........Purse will not walk away cheaply I warn you!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:17 pm

GreenSam wrote:
I don't actually think this is a case of removing a dissenter. Or if it is, it's certainly not the only reason.

Big wage bill+ forecast loss+highly paid player+want to make new signings in January+underperforming form this season. All adds up to transfer listing him making perfect sense.

Try looking at the bigger picture Sam, instead of constantly making excuses for the shambles of a club we have become. Even if you're correct in your assumption, do you really think fletcher will bring any quality into the club and then be able to get the best out of it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Lots of this article deals with the historical background to the present situation but is nevertheless interesting & relevant. What is most relevant are the title and the closing paragraphs.

It is clear from the need to sell presumably one of our highest wage-earners that we are still in turmoil. The incompetence of those basing their financial projections on much higher gates than we are getting is surely to blame for our present difficulties. The mistake, in my view, of maintaining faith in Carl Fletcher for too long is a further factor.

I can't be sure but I believe that Mr Brent said that he would expect the plans for the new grandstand - an important source of income generation remember - would be published around now (apologies if I am wrong about that).

If our results don't improve and if we keep shedding players of the quality of Purse then we will soon be back where we were a year ago both financially and with the threat of relegation looming.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 pm

From Baba across the way. Quite a neat summation. Also interestingly no word yet from the great and the good in the Grandstand and Directors Box.

Quote :
After Purse's sending off at Fleetwood the reasons for his departure could be very simple. It seems to have been largely forgotten that he was needlessly sent off in just about the most unprofessional manner imaginable... A fact made even worse by his status as captain. So disciplinary measures were bound to follow which he, no doubt, was unhappy about. Things escalate and it's bye bye Pursey. Simple.

(Admittedly Fletcher was similarly sent off in the game before he was appointed as manager but that's a different matter entirely and has no bearing on this ~ even if, perhaps, it should.)

I simply refuse to believe that it is a financial matter. After all I have been told repeatedly either by Brent himself or "someone close to the club" that:

* the club has a competitive budget [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

* the club is in good financial fettle [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... tory.html;

* the redundancies are due to restructuring and not money-saving requirements [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

* the current financial shortfall is "being underwritten by Brent" (whatever that means);

* money is running out when we sign players on loan and put them on the subs bench;

* money is running out and we can appoint a Director Of Football...

Then again we have also been led to believe that:

* the PASB is "more democratic than the AFT";

* the voting process for the PASB was properly run and not a complete and utter shambles that fundamentally weakens its legitimacy;

* the club budgeted for 8000 attendances;

* it has has 250 "employees";

* 20% of the (non-voting, no-seat-on-the-board) shares are "valued" (who by, apart from Brent, for crying out loud?) at £400,000;

* the club is "worth" a frankly ludicrous £2m...

This time we are told it is "falling attendances". Has anybody actually looked at the attendances? Are they falling any more than they always do in the immediate pre-Christmas period?

I honestly do not object over-much to the team being rubbish when I can see that they are busting a gut and trying their best. I don't object to, although I might query, footballing decisions that I don't understand made by the manager.

I can even forgive Hourihane for being sent off as he was at Dorchester but what I cannot and will not accept is being treated like a completely contemptible idiot by the club.

It's starting to feel like I am being conned. Perhaps I really am the contemptible idiot that the club seems to think I am for taking so long to realise it.

I look forward to reading a candid and believable statement from the club about Purse's imminent transfer but I don't expect to get one.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Tringreen wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Try looking at the bigger picture Sam, instead of constantly making excuses for the shambles of a club we have become. Even if you're correct in your assumption, do you really think fletcher will bring any quality into the club and then be able to get the best out of it ?
Sigh. I'm not constantly making excuses, I agree the club is run like an absolute joke. Am I allowed to agree with/understand the reasoning for one decision though?

And in answer to your second point- no which is why I want him out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purse Transfer Listed   Purse Transfer Listed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Purse Transfer Listed
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next