Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 11:03 pm

Nicely sidestepped.  We weren't talking about the referendum as you well know.  We were talking about democratic principles and your apparent U-turn.

Okay.. Onto the next thing...

The referendum might well have been advisory.   So what?

The government has taken heed and decided to enact the public's viewpoint.

Democracy.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: EU thread   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 11:42 pm

The result of the referendum is so vague it is virtually meaningless.

The government is inept, misled, and torn asunder by whether to enact the result of the referendum because it can't even decide within itself what the result of the referendum actually means.

The fantasists who believe in rocking horse manure and say it means leave everything can't even seem to grasp that slower ferry crossings means we'll need more of them and more of them means more cost and more cost means less competitive pricing and less competitive pricing means less trade, less profit and fewer jobs when all the result really suggests, not dictates, is we leave the EU. We could do that and stay in all of or some of the ECJ, customs union, single market etc.

At which point the fantasists who believe in rocking horse manure say "what is the point of leaving if we don't?" and so I suggest that we might as well not leave at all - or at least if we do before we do we run the deal past another referendum (which the Leavers object to because they know they'd lose) because now at least we have some idea as to what the issues are.

Because there is no "Jobs First Brexit" (c. Jeremy Corbyn who is in his own fantasy world on this) there is only degrees of awfulness starting at Very Bad and ending up at Biblically Cataclysmic.

And there is no obligation under the constitution that defines the seemingly so precious British sovereignty to do any of it.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 11:16 am

You hate democracy Frank. Unless it agrees with you. That's not how democracy works.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:48 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The result of the referendum is so vague it is virtually meaningless.

The government is inept, misled, and torn asunder by whether to enact the result of the referendum because it can't even decide within itself what the result of the referendum actually means.

The fantasists who believe in rocking horse manure and say it means leave everything can't even seem to grasp that slower ferry crossings means we'll need more of them and more of them means more cost and more cost means less competitive pricing and less competitive pricing means less trade, less profit and fewer jobs when all the result really suggests, not dictates, is we leave the EU. We could do that and stay in all of or some of the ECJ, customs union, single market etc.

At which point the fantasists who believe in rocking horse manure say "what is the point of leaving if we don't?" and so I suggest that we might as well not leave at all - or at least if we do before we do we run the deal past another referendum (which the Leavers object to because they know they'd lose) because now at least we have some idea as to what the issues are.

Because there is no "Jobs First Brexit" (c. Jeremy Corbyn who is in his own fantasy world on this) there is only degrees of awfulness starting at Very Bad and ending up at Biblically Cataclysmic.

And there is no obligation under the constitution that defines the seemingly so precious British sovereignty to do any of it.

Well my British sovereignty including being English, Devonian, Plymouthian and a Devonport boy is something I’m very proud of and by your last paragraph your obviously not, so your alignment to be a European suits you and good luck with that, I prefer to fly the UK’s Union Jack.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 2:41 pm

I was born within the sound of the Dockyard siren in Devonport before WW2 started, other than that I only claim to be English....not British and never European.
The siren used to be tested every Monday and eventually would only be used to alert people to a radiation leak....does that happen anymore ?

We have no written constitution in the UK....but we do take notice of the...Act of Union 1707 & 1800....so no written Constitution as such....so an unwritten constitution which can be modified by an act of Parliament....without asking permission of the EU or their Justice system.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Its all irrelevant waffle anyway from the head waffler. SFD would fit seamlessly into the house of commons. Shame no one would vote to put him there.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:19 pm

I guess he won't be coming to the ATD Brexit party then?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:25 pm

Remains to be seen whether we leave or not. May is desperate to get her deal through, I can't see her getting anywhere near the amount of votes she needs, she's saying vote for my deal or Brexit gets it yet everything we have ever been told up until now says that we leave with no deal in March if agreement on a deal isn't reached. I read a survey earlier that said only 25% of the public support her deal. That's staggeringly bad for something which should appease roughly half the public whichever way it's leaning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:34 pm

zyph wrote:
I was born within the sound of the Dockyard siren in Devonport before WW2 started, other than that I only claim to be English....not British and never European.
The siren used to be tested every Monday and eventually would only be used to alert people to a radiation leak....does that happen anymore ?

We have no written constitution in the UK....but we do take notice of the...Act of Union 1707 & 1800....so no written Constitution as such....so an unwritten constitution which can be modified by an act of Parliament....without asking permission of the EU or their Justice system.

Zyph I meant to insert proud to be  English between British and Devonian, thumping my chest with pride so much I forgot that bit!!!

My youth was spent in the shadow of Devonport Guildhall, many a street footy game with the local plod joining in at the frontage where the main gates used to be, Happy Days.

Apologies for digressing chaps just brought a tear to my eye!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 6:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Will I be able to buy a bent banana if we leave?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 7:33 pm

No feckin way. We will only see an orange post Brexit if we do favours for American sailors.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 10:04 am

I think we need a few proper riots. Feckin MPs should all be called Nazis we now have a bill being discussed which will limit the governments tax collection "in the event of a no deal". Who is this good for? It's like we have most of the house of Parliament working for the EU. 

MPs who do not want the UK to leave the EU without a deal will later try to limit the government's financial powers in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

It now appears that if the actual thing that we voted for ie leave the EU actually happens the MPs will tie our hands to make sure we suffer the project fear they forecast. When we end up with blood on the streets it will get blamed on right wing agitators. 
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 am

P.O.I wrote:

Dullard's fruit and veg will sell them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 12:57 pm

Yea Man wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

Dullard's fruit and veg will sell them.

I think I know where that is. Is that the last turning on the leftist before Racist Avenue as you drive down Dullard Way? I think its on the Imavictim industrial estate!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 2:55 pm

Well now things are getting interesting. First off a clever amendment to the finance bill which now means the government will either extend Article 50 or gain the approval of parliament before being able to use tax-raising powers in the event of ‘no deal’ defeats the Govenment

Now the Speaker has allowed the so called Grieve amendment which demands that the Government return to parliament with a plan 3 days rather than 21 days after her shit deal gets voted down.

GREAT!!! flower
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 3:49 pm

I think the speaker needs to tread carefully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 4:32 pm

What for? Allowing parliamentary scrutiny of whatever bungling the government are trying to hide?

The speaker isn't the problem, the problem is the Government don't have a majoroty in parliament and simply cannot do as they please.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Egotistical remainer.

Not you Hugh.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 6:44 pm

The Speaker has sticker problems apparently.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 7:09 pm

Feckin disgrace from start to finish. Why did we bother having a referendum and two years of turmoil only for mps to say feck you lot we are staying in anyway get used to it. Let me know when the first riot is planned for.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 8:24 pm

Parliament is supreme.

Our entire democratic structure is built on the fact and has been ever since Magna Carta in 1215 set the ball rolling and the English Civil War cemented the deal by beheading Charles I in 1649.

This is British sovereignty taking back control and in action as we watch.

Isn't that what the Leavers wanted?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 11:28 pm

You wouldn't understand Frank, ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 8:45 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Feckin disgrace from start to finish. Why did we bother having a referendum and two years of turmoil only for mps to say feck you lot we are staying in anyway get used to it. Let me know when the first riot is planned for.

You don't even know what you're outraged about do you? All thats happened is that May can no longer run the clock down and blame parliament in the event of no deal. As you will have seen from the failure to even organise let alone deal with a traffic jam and the fact that a piece of kit costing a couple of grand can shut an airports operations down, the country isn't capable of functioning under a no deal so parliament is working its way out of this craziness in such a way that doesn't screw the country up and respects the answer to a question that was asked over 2 and a half years ago.

Had the Government not firstly pissed its majority away in a pointless election, then subseqently tried at every juncture to evade, ignore and even bypass parliamentary process then it wouldn'tb be in this boat. Sure the speaker has set a dangerous precedent, but so has the Government in trying to rule by power of the executive, its a problem entirely of their making.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 am

I agree with pretty much all of that Hugh, the government have been a disgrace and are mostly, along with project fear, culpable for the pickle we are in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next