Hitch
Chancellor
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rollo Tomasi

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Well it's gone now. A ' Harvey Slayer' provided a link to the Herald piece. It's been deleted. How sad is that?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 5:52 pm

as I said in my post, the one before yours Rollo, it has been moved to 'Terraces' link and all.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 5:53 pm

You're right. Jumped the gun a bit. Still pathetic though.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 5:56 pm

It was moved, like a seat in the directors box depended on it!!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 6:01 pm

Very Happy that seat sure did depend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 6:06 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Very Happy that seat sure did depend Very Happy
If you dont fork out three hundred quid next season for another yawn fest, Mr Argyle reckons yoom naat a praper fan:lol:
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Well it's gone now. A ' Harvey Slayer' provided a link to the Herald piece. It's been deleted. How sad is that?

Moved to terraces.

But yeah, its another example of Brent failing to deliver on promises. The heart of the club has gone, soul destroyed. Pulling through admin and surviving relegation under Fletch should have been enough to see us grip together and all push in one direction to bounce back. But it was shit, shit leadership, shit players, shit management. Sheridan came in, saved the day and got a cushy contract. He brought in some players who weren't totally shit and so we had a fizzled season. Another summer and another season nearly done, our players are not all shit and so did improve slightly again. But the desire is lacking, the drive to get promoted faded from the players and infuriated the fans. The gaffer has changes his tune each week in an attempt to say the right thing, but never acts upon his words - no wonder he gets on well with his boss.

There is total division in every aspect of the club, the board haven't lead us to any kind of true recovery - sure they've borrowed some more money to service other debts, but materially we've not recovered much at all. We've had no action on developments and aims to improve the club. The manager has delivered some fantastic performances, that I'd argue are some of the best we've seen since the Championship days under Holloway. But too often his players go missing and he doesn't know how to fix that. He's completely neglect our youth players. Harvey may or may not be a quality player, but I know that he's put in some quality performances and I've seen him player atrociously too. That opening home game vs Exeter he was fantastic and he followed that up with being proper shit against Stevenage and he's been without any real opportunity to impress since. However he's just stuck by the same 10 for 3 games and 11 for 2 (Lee in for Talbot) despite them performing dismally and failing to score in 3. The players can shoulder some blame too, they're better than they're performing right now. In similar style to last season, it seems many are already dreaming of their hollybobs and have given up the desire to win - they're gutless. And today we've got the gaffer coming out and blaming the fans. We've already got a media team that enjoys antagonising the club's fans but now the manager has turned on us. What a truly truly pathetic club we have become.

A radical change is required, starting with Brent and Sheridan moving on.

Rant done, football can feck off.
Back to top Go down
swampy

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Not even left on the main page with a moved note as is the norm. No surprise there then. We must protect Jimmy name at all costs. Quite liked LG's Geoffrey Boycott analogy to the pompous prat Ollie earlier as he tried to defend the club yet again.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 6:18 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Moved to terraces.

But yeah, its another example of Brent failing to deliver on promises. The heart of the club has gone, soul destroyed. Pulling through admin and surviving relegation under Fletch should have been enough to see us grip together and all push in one direction to bounce back. But it was shit, shit leadership, shit players, shit management. Sheridan came in, saved the day and got a cushy contract. He brought in some players who weren't totally shit and so we had a fizzled season. Another summer and another season nearly done, our players are not all shit and so did improve slightly again. But the desire is lacking, the drive to get promoted faded from the players and infuriated the fans. The gaffer has changes his tune each week in an attempt to say the right thing, but never acts upon his words - no wonder he gets on well with his boss.

There is total division in every aspect of the club, the board haven't lead us to any kind of true recovery - sure they've borrowed some more money to service other debts, but materially we've not recovered much at all. We've had no action on developments and aims to improve the club. The manager has delivered some fantastic performances, that I'd argue are some of the best we've seen since the Championship days under Holloway. But too often his players go missing and he doesn't know how to fix that. He's completely neglect our youth players. Harvey may or may not be a quality player, but I know that he's put in some quality performances and I've seen him player atrociously too. That opening home game vs Exeter he was fantastic and he followed that up with being proper shit against Stevenage and he's been without any real opportunity to impress since. However he's just stuck by the same 10 for 3 games and 11 for 2 (Lee in for Talbot) despite them performing dismally and failing to score in 3. The players can shoulder some blame too, they're better than they're performing right now. In similar style to last season, it seems many are already dreaming of their hollybobs and have given up the desire to win - they're gutless. And today we've got the gaffer coming out and blaming the fans. We've already got a media team that enjoys antagonising the club's fans but now the manager has turned on us. What a truly truly pathetic club we have become.

Very good post, hard to argue against any of that. Why sheridan dosen't give our youth players ago is a mystery, if he does not rate our youth system then change it or scrap it, and put all the money??? into the first team.
Back to top Go down
swampy

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Have you dared post that on the farm Sam?
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 6:24 pm

What's the point? I'll only have my intelligence and integrity as a fan questioned. I've said nothing that others with any sense haven't already realised. It was just me venting my frustration. I'm sickened by what this club is being allowed to become.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 6:42 pm

spowell92 wrote:
What's the point? I'll only have my intelligence and integrity as a fan questioned. I've said nothing that others with any sense haven't already realised. It was just me venting my frustration. I'm sickened by what this club is being allowed to become.

What is far far more sickening is the disgraceful Brentified laughing stock that Pasoti has been allowed to become, courtesy of Ian newell.

Dave Gadd should hang his head in shame. #sellout
Back to top Go down
Hitch

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 8:03 pm

I wonder if Brezza will issue Shezza with a 'legal notice' if he doesn't deliver a play-off spot?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 10:10 pm

Lots of pressure on Mr Brent's empire, I hear. Lots. With Oldway being the first domino likely to topple.

Argyle would appear to be his strongest card although there is much mystery surrounding the £2m or so that Mr Brent has lent the club. It's all bit complicated but if Argyle pays Brent back it is basically profit so far as Brent is concerned.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 12:17 pm

A link has been provided on the pasoti thread to this discussion:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well worth reading from start to finish, although page 4 may cause you to laugh very, very loud.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 12:42 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Moved to terraces.

Welcome to my world, dear boy.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Homeslice wrote:

Well worth reading from start to finish, although page 4 may cause you to laugh very, very loud.

laugh lol! laugh laugh lol :pighug:
Back to top Go down

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 1:15 pm

On the new Argyle Facebook page, an infamous name from ATD's past posted this link:

Quote :
We had five other potential buyers but no-one else committed money as Heaney did. Two withdrew because of campaigns run by the fans

The Hogs of War were well rewarded for their campaigns.
Back to top Go down

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
On the new Argyle Facebook page, an infamous name from ATD's past posted this link:

Quote :
We had five other potential buyers but no-one else committed money as Heaney did. Two withdrew because of campaigns run by the fans

Agreed Frank although the biggest thing that we have missed ever is this paragraph, remember it was written by Guilfoyle and he would know the details,

- James Brent, the ultimate buyer, initially said he and his backer could only 'compete with the liquidator'- i.e. if and when the club was about to be closed. He was a reluctant buyer.

Who is Brent's backer? We have never been told about a partnership between anybody other than his missus and Akkeron aka as Mr. Brent. It would be funny as fook if it turned out one of the M7 has had his hand on the tiller all this time.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 2:23 pm

I'm not sure that I knew that Heaney had lost 300K on not backing up his exclusivity deal.
Back to top Go down

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 2:33 pm

Homeslice wrote:

Page 4 did indeed make me laugh out very very loud!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Quote :

Sounds like some are still not on his Christmas card list Very Happy
Back to top Go down

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Brent's backer raises no interest again? Thought it a big question to ask.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Iggy wrote:
Brent's backer raises no interest again? Thought it a big question to ask.

That's one for the AFT.
Back to top Go down

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 6:22 pm

If he does have backers, they're not doing a very good job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

oh dear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oh dear   oh dear - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

oh dear
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next