125+1
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:10 am

For four years Argyle fans have had to endure 4 seasons of relagation and now two seasons of just surviving in the football league. This has to change from next season. We are a decent size club, far bigger than most L1-L2 clubs and as fans we certainly do not deserve the poor standard of football, mismanagement of our club, poor decision making, and a piss poor attempt at running our club. This has to stop NOW. There are very few teams where the fans stay so loyal despite the mediocracy that they are going through.

Lets make it clear, you BOUGHT the football club, so you as an individual need to run the football club as a club and not a bolt on for your property portfolio, if you are unable to do this then you must make a very public attempt at putting the club on the market and trying to entice someone who actually wants PAFC and wants a football club.

If you are to stay then priority's must be made so we never find ourselves in this situation ever again.

1. We need a manager signed on for a minimum of two years
2. Thankfully the squad is practicually all out of contract so the clear out of the poor players we have been carrying for a number of years must start now.
3. A sensible and achievable budget set for next season. We will always average 6k plus, so lets keep it real this time.
4. Build a competitive squad. There will be 100's of players OOC from June, and just because they are out of contract this does not make them poor players. We could build a fantastic squad with minimal cost this way if we get in early and offer sensible contracts. Remember people see us as a huge club in L2, back the manager the players will come.
5. Neil Warnock is offering his service as a Part-time football adviser, get him in, he may not be everyones favorate character but he knows football, and like he said would not be a threat to the manager, but taking care of all the crappy bits, negotiations, contracts and so on. He would also be able to entice players down to our promised land.
6. A CEO needs to be appointed ASAP

If you feel you are not up to this then a FOR SALE sign must be put on home park asap.

We cannot and do not deserve another year like the previos 4.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:23 am

Agree with the majority of the above, aditionally IF Sheridan stays he should be allowed to bring in the management staff of his chosing to replace the current keep it in the family approach.
Brent needs to move away totally from the disatorous superfan culture thet pervaded HP this season, and yes Warnock would be a brilliant advisor. Given we started the season with the no nothing about football Brent being advised, that we were only two players short of a good squad, and Fletcher was an outstanding young prospect, we need someone with knowledge to advise.
Such is the disillusionment with Brent right now he has to prove us WRONG about how he is currently perceived and do it very different for next season. I am not holding my breath. cheers
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:29 am

didnt fancy adding to the post that is already like this no? lol
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

There are a few echoing the same sentiments. 125+1 is by no means a poster who agrees with everything posted on here but his, and the summer to do thread, views are exactly mine and what any good Argyle fan should be saying right. Unless of course you fly with Brent and sit next to him frequently and wouldn't dare suggest anything of the sort.

These people will wait until Brent's said his piece and then all nod in unison at his wisdom.
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:31 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

There are a few echoing the same sentiments. 125+1 is by no means a poster who agrees with everything posted on here but his, and the summer to do thread, views are exactly mine and what any good Argyle fan should be saying right. Unless of course you fly with Brent and sit next to him frequently and wouldn't dare suggest anything of the sort.

These people will wait until Brent's said his piece and then all nod in unison at his wisdom.

i was on about the list part really not the content.

Brent must come out (easy sailor) and state his intentions by securing Sheridan's signture firstly and how much he is actually going to back him with.
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:47 pm

125+1 wrote:
For four years Argyle fans have had to endure 4 seasons of relagation and now two seasons of just surviving in the football league. This has to change from next season. We are a decent size club, far bigger than most L1-L2 clubs and as fans we certainly do not deserve the poor standard of football, mismanagement of our club, poor decision making, and a piss poor attempt at running our club. This has to stop NOW. There are very few teams where the fans stay so loyal despite the mediocracy that they are going through.

Lets make it clear, you BOUGHT the football club, so you as an individual need to run the football club as a club and not a bolt on for your property portfolio, if you are unable to do this then you must make a very public attempt at putting the club on the market and trying to entice someone who actually wants PAFC and wants a football club.

If you are to stay then priority's must be made so we never find ourselves in this situation ever again.

1. We need a manager signed on for a minimum of two years
2. Thankfully the squad is practicually all out of contract so the clear out of the poor players we have been carrying for a number of years must start now.
3. A sensible and achievable budget set for next season. We will always average 6k plus, so lets keep it real this time.
4. Build a competitive squad. There will be 100's of players OOC from June, and just because they are out of contract this does not make them poor players. We could build a fantastic squad with minimal cost this way if we get in early and offer sensible contracts. Remember people see us as a huge club in L2, back the manager the players will come.
5. Neil Warnock is offering his service as a Part-time football adviser, get him in, he may not be everyones favorate character but he knows football, and like he said would not be a threat to the manager, but taking care of all the crappy bits, negotiations, contracts and so on. He would also be able to entice players down to our promised land.
6. A CEO needs to be appointed ASAP

If you feel you are not up to this then a FOR SALE sign must be put on home park asap.

We cannot and do not deserve another year like the previos 4.

If Sheridan is retained and Brent shows intent by giving him funds to rebuild the squad the attendances will be higher than this seasons thats for sure. If there is success on the pitch more people will come.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:54 pm

If he does stay and if he is 'given' money, it won't be from Brent. It will just add to the club's debt.

The club has been stitched up like a kipper by the reluctant bidder, hence his 'friendship' with the bucket rattling superfans.

Read my signature.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:54 pm

Agree pretty much entirely with the OP. Particularly the Warnock bit.
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 2:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

what this bit?

Quote :

that sounds like him wanting to be a director of football in all but name and the managers job except training and picking the team! it wouldnt work at all.
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:58 pm

I think Warnock is too strong a character not to interfere I feel, I would rather have JS in now but if he goes get Warnock in, one or the other please.
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Iggy wrote:
I think Warnock is too strong a character not to interfere I feel, I would rather have JS in now but if he goes get Warnock in, one or the other please.

He would be a perfect mentor to have for a young manager but not someone who has paid his dues like John Sheridan
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

what this bit?

Quote :

that sounds like him wanting to be a director of football in all but name and the managers job except training and picking the team! it wouldnt work at all.

Thats where you are wrong, ask any manager what the biggest distraction are they same the same thing

paperwork, negotiations,scouting,managing the budget.

A director of football takes all that away from them so they can concentrate on managing,coaching, and identifying targets. Alot of prem league and championship clubs now have a role like this but use differant titles.
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:17 pm

125+1 wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

what this bit?

Quote :

Thats where you are wrong, ask any manager what the biggest distraction are they same the same thing

paperwork, negotiations,scouting,managing the budget.

A director of football takes all that away from them so they can concentrate on managing,coaching, and identifying targets. Alot of prem league and championship clubs now have a role like this but use differant titles.

so why dont many managers agree with your view then?
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:37 pm

With respect, that's quite a balanced post from 125 for a change. Makes one wonder if moves are afoot.
In my opinion, there is no way Brent will pay for a management team, a DOF AND a CEO.
As time marches on, with little positive being wisted about the ex-Bristol incumbent, maybe he's history already and there are plans being hatched that will give us another first in football, god forbid.

Warnock could of course be a shoe-in in any capacity if terms were right, and with him adding his very welcome massive football experience and connections, and paperwork expertise, maybe there's a big society bucket rattler out there who smells a chance to pitch in his tuppenceworth "on probation", give his undying "learning on the job" love, and effectively leave the CEO thing unfilled yet longer. Don't laugh, it could happen with this club as it stands.
And that's before we even talk about a new "chairman", the role that was originally earmarked for Ridsdale.
125 is right, Brent needs to get it right fairly quick or ship out. I really can't see him hanging around long in a hands on way once property matters have been duly sorted ... he'll be wanting to sail home back to Blighty.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Iggy wrote:

He would be a perfect mentor to have for a young manager

This is what concerns me if we don't retain Sheridan, a part-time Warnock with Wotton as manager, you just know this would get the superfans blessing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Iggy wrote:

This is what concerns me if we don't retain Sheridan, a part-time Warnock with Wotton as manager, you just know this would get the superfans blessing.

Donnnnnn't !!!!!! Local legends a plenty already What a Face John Hore, here, there and everywhere at the Avivafests. Steve Davey jinking down to the Far Post Club. The milkman nodding a few, in the hospitality lounge. Where will it all end ..................... Ronnie Mauge, head of security ?

Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:02 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Iggy wrote:

After what happend with Fletcher Brent would be foolish to give Wotton or another player the manager's job even with a mentor. Wotton will be a boss oneday but why not do it the best why put him on the coaching staff and build up his skills first.

But i agree with you the superfans will go mad over it.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:24 pm

I think Muriel and Argyle legend, Dazza Purse, will be a shoe in for the head coach job- Port Vale will release him as he's not good enough for League 1. He's also bezzie mates with the superfans so they can go fishing with the team again.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:47 pm

When Sheridan get's snapped up by a more ambitious L2 outfit I think the possibility of Wotton as manager is a very real one unfortunately. He would be cheap which as we all know tops brent's list of criteria. If we thought clueless carl was shite - we haven't seen anything yet!

Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Unlike some of the superfans, I have never had a problem with Wotton whatsoever, and thought Sturrock's ridding of him a disaster. I still believe his efforts, along with a cameo Tynanesque greedy Banton this season have saved Argyle from the chop. Not the most talented footballer, not the fastest rabbit in the hutch, but all teams need one of his sort. Unlike the exceptional individual, he's doing the badges and all the right things to lay the proper foundations of a new career, but there's no way HP would entertain a Wotsie at this stage, especially after the opportunist exceptional individual fell down the rabbit hole.
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 6:31 pm

We dont need another rookie manager though i'm sure wotton would be better than clueless, what this club needs is shez or someone with a proven track record to aim for promotion not avoiding relegation ffs.
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Agree with that Suffered. But he might be worthy of consideration in some role in the future should he decide to continue within the football industry. Argyle don't have a lot going for them any more, we've lost huge ground and respect under the Toads and Ridsdalians, and West of Bristol ( and Cyprus too ... no harm Tringy Very Happy ) is always looked upon as Big Dave country by the "ever so urbane" football community, so we need people with an understanding of the area if the club is going to do anything but disappear under the ever increasing boot of rugby union down this way. Exeter's rugby team having a bigger stadium and faster rising fan base than Argyle ? who would have thought that ten years ago ? Things are changing, loyalties move on, just like employers and spouses. Maybe I'll take a Manchester concubine under my wing.

Maybe the oh so jocular cutting the bridge and letting Cornwall float away thing will be extended to include any godless land West of Cathedral Exeter and it's posh motorway and complementary petrol.
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Wotton is a political animal and will be doubtless be building bridges with the right people.
Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:26 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Wotton is a political animal and will be doubtless be building bridges with the right people.

he is also a bully too as we saw with zebroski
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:59 pm

The thought of Wotton as manager brings me out in a severe rash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dear Mr Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Mr Brent   Dear Mr Brent Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Mr Brent
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next