PatDunne
mouldyoldgoat
Dougie
Czarcasm
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Rickler wrote:
nikkk wrote:
Winter Green wrote:
I still think there has been too much confusion over where monies have been going throughout the whole Pasoti/GT "fundraising" thing that has used all the language of charitable giving, which of course it wasn't. It's one thing to sponsor a football club as FES has done, business has always done it, but it's quite a different thing for proceeds of Pasoti "auctions" that were strange to say the least, to be put toward a "staff fund", which basically was continually represented by Pasoti to be paying off PAFC's employees.
Sponsorship can rightly be seen as a value for money advertising with a tangible return. Paying off someone else's employees is quite different in my mind.

I can only say that I was really affected by the fact that the staff were not paid for so long and I was aware how bad things were for so many. So did a little bit in a fun way to assist. As of course did many others. The kids chucking pocket money into buckets really got to me.

I've long said this 'charitable' Pasoti/Gt thing is going to cause massive problems tax wise down the line

The money thrown into buckets, I believe was handed over as 'GT' money, to pay the staff fund and has to be repaid or suffer tax consequences.

If you don't mind me asking...   What is the situation with the money you have 'given' Argyle and the tax situation?  Any idea what the money was used for?

And of course the million dollar question...  How much did you give?

I'm not going to quote figures and I certainly didn't keep a running total but monies from auctions etc. All went over to the GT's who will have dispersed it to staff members as they saw fit. Beyond that I can't comment as to tax issues.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 5:58 pm

I did do a running total at one stage of the admin (just call me Postey) it was north of £125K based on the winning bids for auction items. The Grandstand sponsorship was said by the sponsorship manager for FES/FIL/Nikk to be a significant 6 figure sum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 5:59 pm

knecht wrote:
May I ask whether there is a distinction between the action taken by the "Friendly Society" and that taken by the ex-directors?

A really difficult one to answer simply. Safe to say had there not have been the situation regarding the directors, and the huge fallout that followed my decision to reverse the initial appointments that has since become very personal, there would not have been a winding up petition issued, and nor was there a need to do so. Clearly talks were taking place that I knew nothing about and it was decided by the parties against me that the action would be fronted if you like by the friendly society. Since then various parties have been encouraged to support the petition, and as you can imagine once the matter is published it does get very messy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Dougie wrote:
The statement can be seen on Pasoti if anyone wants to read it.

I have just read it and a load of naively sycophantic twaddle you couldn't hope to see!

It is a sad story for everyone concerned, not least being Mr Barron's personal situation. But to not ask pertinent, respectful questions would be to miss the point of this whole exercise. It's not holding the club and those near to it to account that got Argyle here in the first place. I certainly would want to thank Nikk for his contributions to the club but IF that was done via questionable means then we should be examining the process closely.

For example, am I right in saying that as the case has been conceded there will be no further public scrutiny of what actually went on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:05 pm

nikkk wrote:
knecht wrote:
May I ask whether there is a distinction between the action taken by the "Friendly Society" and that taken by the ex-directors?

A really difficult one to answer simply. Safe to say had there not have been the  situation regarding the directors, and the huge fallout that followed my decision to reverse the initial appointments that has since become very personal,  there would not have been a winding up petition issued, and nor was there a need to do so. Clearly talks were taking place that I knew nothing about and it was decided by the parties against me that the action would be fronted if you like by the friendly society. Since then various parties have been encouraged to support the petition, and as you can imagine once the matter is published it does get very messy.

Thanks for your prompt answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:12 pm

knecht wrote:
Dougie wrote:
The statement can be seen on Pasoti if anyone wants to read it.

I have just read it and a load of naively sycophantic twaddle you couldn't hope to see!

It is a sad story for everyone concerned, not least being Mr Barron's personal situation. But to not ask pertinent, respectful questions would be to miss the point of this whole exercise. It's not holding the club and those near to it to account that got Argyle here in the first place. I certainly would want to thank Nikk for his contributions to the club but IF that was done via questionable means then we should be examining the process closely.

For example, am I right in saying that as the case has been conceded there will be no further public scrutiny of what actually went on?

You are quite right to ask whatever questions you like and I am here at least for a couple of hours today and no doubt more in the week, to answer as best I can. And rest assured I will be completely open in as far as I can.One of the reasons for not further contesting the application is to draw a line under the dispute that has caused more harm to all concerned than you can imagine. The next process will be for the administrator to investigate the company affairs in detail, and I welcome that so that we can all move on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Thanks again, Nikk. I wish more people connected with the club were willing to open themselves to this process.

"Integrity, Honesty & Financial Stability" was the mantra from elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:18 pm

Good to see you back on ATD Nik

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:20 pm

So for clarity (it's certainly implied in your statement) the sponsorship of the Grandstand was made by you personally and you chose to attach FES naming right to it as oppose to The money coming from FES' bank account.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:22 pm

Any chance of you cutting nool adrift and just be a fan that donates/does buisness with the club with it being tainted by his involvement?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Could you explain what ian newells exact position within Fil/Fes is ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:30 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

On his knees?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Dougie wrote:
So for clarity (it's certainly implied in your statement) the sponsorship of the Grandstand was made by you personally and you chose to attach FES naming right to it as oppose to The money coming from FES' bank account.

A contract was originally signed between FES ltd. And the club however I have since elected to take personal responsibility for the commitment and indeed the other deals. These all finish at the end of this season.
Back to top Go down
Beast_Guy

Beast_Guy

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:33 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

And Jamesons for that matter ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:34 pm

Razz cheers Razz 
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:39 pm

Nikkk are you preparing the ground for when you take over Argyle from Mr Brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:46 pm

Beast_Guy wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

And Jamesons for that matter ??

You'll have to explain that one .... errrr .... Richie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:51 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

Ian is a friend first and foremost, and has been, and is a huge support over this issue and has worked with me on the development of all of our sponsorships. Unpaid,and not employed officially by my companies. I am fully aware of opinions on here against him and indeed against me from certain people, however we are friends and will continue to be so. As you can imagine I'm not keen to get into too much of a debate over personal issues but will answer where I can.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:55 pm

nikkk wrote:
Dougie wrote:

A contract was originally signed between FES ltd. And the club however I have since elected to take personal responsibility for the commitment and indeed the other deals. These all finish at the end of this season.

Since the winding up petition?  Was James Brent hunky dory with that new arrangement?

It might just be semantics but your original statement seem to suggest that FES weren't ever involved and it was just your largesse.  Is it the same deal with the FIL sponsorship.

Also who paid for the murals - was it you or FES?

Last edited by Dougie on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Nikkk are you preparing the ground for when you take over Argyle from Mr Brent

Ah, what do the politicians say... "I have absolutely no ambitions in that direction" or something similar.  lol! I think I have a bit on my plate to deal with at the minute mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:59 pm

nikkk wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

Ian is a friend first and foremost, and has been, and is a huge support over this issue and has worked with me on the development of all of our sponsorships. Unpaid,and not employed officially by my companies. I am fully aware of opinions on here against him and indeed against me from certain people, however we are friends and will continue to be so. As you can imagine I'm not keen to get into too much of a debate over personal issues but will answer where I can.

just be careful your only a friend till you say no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Respect to nikkkkkkkkk for coming to ATD and explaining/answering questions, hopefully your financial difficulties can be resolved without any more pain or grief to yourself and your employees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:05 pm

Dougie wrote:
nikkk wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Since the winding up petition?  Was James Brent hunky dory with that new arrangement?

It might just be semantics but your original statement seem to suggest that FES weren't ever involved and it was just your largesse.  Is it the same deal with the FIL sponsorship.

Well I have always viewed the support and sponsorships as a commitment from me personally anyway and the club know that. FIL is very new and whilst registered a little while ago in BVI it has only recently been registered in the uk. Everything in it's name to date is being covered by me.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Was that a bone of contention with the other directors during the time that is was an agreement between FES Ltd and Argyle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Dougie wrote:
Was that a bone of contention with the other directors during the time that is was an agreement between FES Ltd and Argyle?

Well it would be fair to say that my support of Argyle was not fully understood (!) but at the time that we became involved, I was the sole director and 100 percent shareholder. There are very few that understand the passionate love of a football team !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FES & Nikkk Q&A   FES & Nikkk Q&A - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FES & Nikkk Q&A
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next