Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So for Argyle to be relegated next week...

Go down 
+16
mouldyoldgoat
r gyle
pepsipete
Mapperley, darling
PlymptonPilgrim
Chemical Ali
tcm
Damon.Lenszner
125+1
Greenskin
Han Solos Other Ship
Czarcasm
Freathy
Tringreen
Flat_Track_Bully
Elias
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 7:49 pm

I don't want the club relegated, although I have thought about my "love" of the club lately and it's not nearly as important as it used to be on my list of priorities right now.

Waiting for crumbs of optimism to emerge from the shitfest it is now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Relegation out of the league would be a league too far for a lot of people.

It doesn't bear thinking about the consequences.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:03 pm

Yea Man wrote:

For certain superfans and superfan forums!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:08 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

For certain superfans and superfan forums!

The superfan forum can take some of the blame.

Trust in Brent. I've looked into his eyes. His lip quivered. This man JB, he's not in it for the property. I've met his lovely family.

THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE.

We've been screwed over once again, ironically by a banker, and a bunch of superfans have sold out for a seat in the director's box and a silly title.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I've been trying to decide whether to post this or not. It has taken me a number of months to be 'accepted' on this site and now maybe I will post something that puts that back a bit but you lot sound like you will actually be happy if we go down. Get a grip guys, the reason we fight against hat we perceive to be wrongs at our football club is because it is our football club. Whatever we feel about those in and around the boardroom surely you will not actually be happy to see Argyle in non League football?

I do what I do because I want the best for the Greens. I don't agree with the Board, with some of the PASB, with the GTs with the President and IJN but at the end of the day I know that my end goal is th same as all of theirs - a successful PAFC. Come on tell me, please tell me that you don't want us relegated next week.

As others have said, no-one wants us to be relegated - it would be a disaster for this football club.

It's unfortunate though that this now seems to mean less to me, and others, than it once did.

There are also those, who appear to have their feet under the table (by whatever means necessary), to whom it will mean not a jot - because their positions in the trough will not be affected - as long James Brent remains at the football club.

If someone like Ken Bates ever arrives, then it may well be a different story.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Argyle will win next week,2 - nil. End the season in style and in front of a large away following too ( i hope to be there !!).

Argyle were very unlucky yesterday and i thought they were the much better side. Rotherham United were nothing special that's for sure. To rub salt in also,Rotherham United did not even go up yesterday.

Someone said to me after the game that they thought the crowd was bigger than 10,000 plus and they also believed there were more than 800 odd Rotherham United fans.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Ref: relegation, that would be it for me after more than twenty years, most of them season ticket. The same applies regarding the ministand and the strangulation of any further increase in capacity. Under no possible circumstances would I want Argyle to be non league though.

Damon, not everyone on this site is hoping for the worst, some I'll admit may be expecting it. Expectation and hope are two completely seperate ideals. I'm not a massive poster, but have recieved no backlash from the regulars. I think that it is because it's obvious that I don't want the club to fail.

Steve

PS Alcohol may have some part in this post.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It isn't a case of just if we lose. We have to lose by at least 3 otherwise our goal difference will see us safe. I cannot see it happening even if I see us losing. All the other games would have to go right for them as well. I cannot see it happening at all. Be pesimistic if you like but me, as far as I'm concerned we are as good as safe now.

Not true.If York and Dagenham draw next week and Argyle lose,both will go above us,because York would have 53 points and D and R 52 points with a better GD.If Barnet and Wimbledon win as well,then Argyle would be relegated,goal difference wouldn't come into it as far as those clubs were concerned.The only way GD could possibly come into it is if Argyle were to lose by one goal and Torquay by three or more-Argyle would then move above Torquay.I agree Argyle going down is an unlikely scenario but not an impossible one-the best way to put everything to bed would be to get a positive result at Rochdale next week and i'm sure Sheridan will be emphasising this in the coming days.

Can you really see Dagenham & Redbridge and York City playing out a draw [both these two will go all out for a win to be absolutely sure of safety for themselves] and then having to rely on other results,as i can't. Whoever wins that game means that Argyle will be safe regardless of a defeat at Rochdale.

I'd prefer Dagenham & Redbridge to win leaving York City,AFC Wimbledon and Barnet sweating it out up until 16:45 with either Barnet or York City as the team to go down..

Back to top Go down
r gyle

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:48 pm

What do you want the "Banker" to do?
He has seen an opportunity to to do business and in the mean time save a football club from going bust!
If that means he does ok for himself, so what?
The finance of football clubs needs to change.
Overpaid players have bought us to this situation.
Who do you want to own the club?
What is your ideal plan for our club??
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:55 pm

r gyle wrote:
He has seen an opportunity to to do business and in the mean time save a football club from going bust!

Who are you talking to?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
r gyle wrote:

Who are you talking to?

I think they're cut n paste lyrics from an old Billy Bragg song
Back to top Go down
r gyle

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
r gyle wrote:

Who are you talking to?

I think they're cut n paste lyrics from an old Billy Bragg song

Sorry. Not very good at this yet!
Message to anyone who queries the plans of the current owner?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:42 pm

r gyle wrote:

Is "Banker" intended as some kind of rhyming slang?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:45 am

I have no problem with people making a profit.

I have a problem if that profit is disproportionate and is to the detriment of anyone else.

I'd suggest that the Akkeron proposals ARE to the detriment of our club and the people of Plymouth.

(As an aside, if Damon is right about some members of the board not being happy with all of the proposals we/I should start referring to them as "Akkeron's plans" and not "the club's plans".)
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:34 pm

knecht wrote:
I have no problem with people making a profit.

I have a problem if that profit is disproportionate and is to the detriment of anyone else.

I'd suggest that the Akkeron proposals ARE to the detriment of our club and the people of Plymouth.

(As an aside, if Damon is right about some members of the board not being happy with all of the proposals we/I should start referring to them as "Akkeron's plans" and not "the club's plans".)
Bang on the money for me too.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I've been trying to decide whether to post this or not. It has taken me a number of months to be 'accepted' on this site and now maybe I will post something that puts that back a bit but you lot sound like you will actually be happy if we go down. Get a grip guys, the reason we fight against hat we perceive to be wrongs at our football club is because it is our football club. Whatever we feel about those in and around the boardroom surely you will not actually be happy to see Argyle in non League football?

I do what I do because I want the best for the Greens. I don't agree with the Board, with some of the PASB, with the GTs with the President and IJN but at the end of the day I know that my end goal is th same as all of theirs - a successful PAFC. Come on tell me, please tell me that you don't want us relegated next week.

none of us WANT relegation.

the team has on off day saturday & thats what we will get.
bad challenge from young inxpericned player, poor clearance, own goal anything can happen.
conversely reid and bryan could have stormers & get 3 goals a piece.

of course we should beat rochdale but gone its a fine line mate. there will be lots of tension and i fear the outcome should we lose.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:13 pm

r gyle wrote:

Ignore them r, they knew exactly what you meant, they just can't seem to cope with outbreaks of realism on here.

'sfunny that in the midst of the accession of the Superfans, sponsored by Brent and Nikk Enterprises, which absolutely everybody hates of course, performances and most certainly crowds seem to be pretty good, perhaps ATD hasn't quite caught the temperature of the actual Green Army quite as well as they like to think.

A good win, or at least survival at Fail next week, in front of a couple or three thousand Janners could be a serious turning point, worryingly so for some of us, we might also find that the "silent majority" are far less concerned about the advent of the Diddy Stand, sponsored by Ken Dodd, than they would have us believe. Maybe the Big Mo is turning back to the Sty.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
r gyle wrote:

Ignore them r, they knew exactly what you meant, they just can't seem to cope with outbreaks of realism on here.

I wasn't going to interrupt your period of mourning, but whilst we're dishing out dollops of REALISM, how about the fact that your tin pot club have somehow managed to fook up so monumentally that they don't even take it to the last game of the season. An implosion of epic proportions given your position a few weeks ago, foreshore. That must piss you off properly eh? Laughing

That, and the fact that ATD as a whole don't even bother to take the piss, such is their utter indifference towards Exeter. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
r gyle wrote:

I wasn't going to interrupt your period of mourning, but whilst we're dishing out dollops of REALISM, how about the fact that your tin pot club have somehow managed to fook up so monumentally that they don't even take it to the last game of the season. An implosion of epic proportions given your position a few weeks ago, foreshore. That must piss you off properly eh? Laughing

That, and the fact that ATD as a whole don't even bother to take the piss, such is their utter indifference towards Exeter. LOL

Nail on head there Czar.

How's the weather in Exeter today LT?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:07 pm

r gyle wrote:

I would like to see some honesty from top to bottom of this club. I have had reservations about Brent ever since he rocked up to the club, the fact that he didn't want to answer any questions about his motives and quickly surrounded himself with superfans to deflect criticism away from himself from day one made me suspicious. Everybody was rightly worried about the M7, then Heaney and Buttivant buying the club equally because they were property developers and they had no money. Brent hasn't used any money to buy the club, he has lent us money to bide us over but won't tell us how much. We then learn that Brent is going to build a much bigger development than the m7 the only difference being the difference in capacity of the stand which Brent's is 23,500 seats lower, LOL. If Brent wants to make money fine, don't do it by asset stripping my club. Also don't do it but then make the stand too small, boxed in by other developments and don't go back on your promises to make the club self sufficient through letting retail units and then not giving them to us.
As for Brent the mighty business man he has been in charge for nearly two years now, we are on the edge of the league as we were last year, he stuck with Fletch for too long. He said he would hire a chairman to replace him but hasn't, he was going to bring in a CEO, still hasn't, the DOF thing was a complete debacle. In short Brent has not managed the club, or if he has he's done it badly.
When the Trust rightly criticised Brent for his bad management he threw all the toys out of his pram and refused to speak to the very body that were instrumental in bringing him to power! Brent and the people he surrounds himself with are divisive and I can't see that changing.
As for the future, if Brent listens to fans, delivers a stadium that is fit for purpose and not subsidiary to his other developments, gives Sheridan a PROPER COMPETETIVE BUDGET and not a handful of loans almost too late to save our season and we kick on next season with a complete change in attitude, a proper management and board structure and kicks the poodles out of the box, then I will give him a bit more time, as it is I think that Brent is the worst kind of property developer who will see this club on its knees yet again when he cooks off (don't forget the unpaid wages because he wouldn't pay that or the admin. process, a fact that had the FA really worried but claims he would let the club fold were listened to, and we will hear those words again believe me).
Loads of people have been fooled by Brent, I take it you are one of them?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Oh purleaze !

After three years in our wake your keyboards are too full of water for you to dare putting your heads above the parapet on that one.

We were shiite but still finished light years in front of our "Big Club" neighbours.

The weather in Exeter hasn't bothered me for decades Gobby, so looking forward to watching the Green Platoon trying to find their way into the mega grounds at Braintree, Welling and maybe even Chelmsford. Dartford will be fine for you as they are used to playing clubs with big followings, like Ebbsfleet and Dover.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

So for Argyle to be relegated next week...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4