Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So for Argyle to be relegated next week...

Go down 
+16
mouldyoldgoat
r gyle
pepsipete
Mapperley, darling
PlymptonPilgrim
Chemical Ali
tcm
Damon.Lenszner
125+1
Greenskin
Han Solos Other Ship
Czarcasm
Freathy
Tringreen
Flat_Track_Bully
Elias
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Put it this way if you put all that to happen on an accumulator youd get a very tidy sum indeed..even if if it was just a couple of quid that you bet.
Yes its another whopping 22-18th finish under our savior Brent and a big look forward to getting a grandstand that wouldnt look out of place in the Conference....look how far weve came!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:31 pm

i have faith in john sheridan to pull this off.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:34 pm

worried of penzance wrote:
For those rather boring football managers that say other results don't matter and the bright (Gordon) Sparks of this world saying there's no such thing as a six pointer, today is just about the most disastrous day Argyle have ever had.... just an unbelievable set of results.

In the end we all compete with our neighbours in football ... how they fare IS important. The odds of today's results happening must have been pretty slim.
Nostrafreathus ? .....spooky .... unerringtonly accurate. If you're going to get into the prediction game, you've gotta start somewhere.... most establishment mystics start at the Bank of England Very Happy
I see Sensible is being sensible again..... Norm Norman. No wettest year in history for him. No once in a lifetime flood in his valley.... oh no. Somebody is going to be awfully unlucky this year, but then some days life swells more than normal.

100% with this. Football writes its own stories - Top v Bottom is no gimme and we cannot rely on other results. If we go down it is because the other teams down here with us have scrapped and fought and battled - this season more than I've ever seen before we will have gone down as much through the performances of others as through our own.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It isn't a case of just if we lose. We have to lose by at least 3 otherwise our goal difference will see us safe. I cannot see it happening even if I see us losing. All the other games would have to go right for them as well. I cannot see it happening at all. Be pesimistic if you like but me, as far as I'm concerned we are as good as safe now.

Not true.If York and Dagenham draw next week and Argyle lose,both will go above us,because York would have 53 points and D and R 52 points with a better GD.If Barnet and Wimbledon win as well,then Argyle would be relegated,goal difference wouldn't come into it as far as those clubs were concerned.The only way GD could possibly come into it is if Argyle were to lose by one goal and Torquay by three or more-Argyle would then move above Torquay.I agree Argyle going down is an unlikely scenario but not an impossible one-the best way to put everything to bed would be to get a positive result at Rochdale next week and i'm sure Sheridan will be emphasising this in the coming days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:50 pm

we must win at all costs saturday there is no alternative. John i am sure will drum this hard into the squad

Pompey
Exeter
Hartlepool

or

Cambridge
Luton
Woking

which would you rather play next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:53 pm

No out of control tombstoners this season.
If figures were calculated, we would probably see the bottom seven almost top of the current form books of the whole division.
Maybe it shows a new pattern, and says more about the whole loan system that is now sort of out of control which encourages the football dumb likes of Brent to encourage the now infamous "Carl's saving a bit for later".

Where would Argyle be without Holloway's loan of Banton ? Maybe football companies are going down the route of "just in time" .... do it cheap and buy in a temporary agency worker if you're in trouble. So much for the free marketplace producing excellence. Give me a manager and an owner with a philosophy and a club ethic anytime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:16 pm

worried of penzance wrote:
No out of control tombstoners this season.
If figures were calculated, we would probably see the bottom seven almost top of the current form books of the whole division.
Maybe it shows a new pattern, and says more about the whole loan system that is now sort of out of control which encourages the football dumb likes of Brent to encourage the now infamous "Carl's saving a bit for later".

Where would Argyle be without Holloway's loan of Banton ? Maybe football companies are going down the route of "just in time" .... do it cheap and buy in a temporary agency worker if you're in trouble. So much for the free marketplace producing excellence. Give me a manager and an owner with a philosophy and a club ethic anytime.

In the years 2001-2008 you could pretty much name 1-11 on the pitch. I wouldn't know Rene Gilmartin or Joe Bryan from Adam. I don't think it's a sustainable way to go, selling replica shirts with names on the back is a revenue stream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Nothing to do with "look how far we've come" which is the usual tosh to chuck into an argument.

One question and one question only. Would you bet your house on Argyle being relegated. Doesn't matter what odds you would get on any accumulator or anything else. The odds are I wouldn't take that bet. Mugs bet on long shots and it is only an outside chance. Don't want to be in the position of relying on other results so would prefer Argyle to win but I still believe we would be unlucky in the highest order to take the drop. I know that doesn't sit well with the ATD psychi but it is still my view.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It isn't a case of just if we lose. We have to lose by at least 3 otherwise our goal difference will see us safe. I cannot see it happening even if I see us losing. All the other games would have to go right for them as well. I cannot see it happening at all. Be pesimistic if you like but me, as far as I'm concerned we are as good as safe now.

Just a reminder Dagenham have a better goal differance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

One question and one question only. Would you bet your house on Argyle being relegated.

If this is the level of exchange, then sobeit. I don't bet in the sense you mean. I did once when I was seventeen and ill in bed and looking for a bit of structure to my day. I won on a horse race but thought it all a bit dull. So, no, I wouldn't bet my house on anything.
If you are implying some folk have an inherent pesimism, fine, that's your opinion of other folk.
I remember our recent promotion years under Sturrock. I was celebrating promotion both seasons by March ... that made me an optimist in some people's eyes. It was obvious to me they were just too good for the leagues they were in. Did I put my house on it ? No. I'm not a betting person.
All I'm saying is it's been an exceptional year in many, many ways.
Sounds like you should get down to the bookies immediately Sensible and cash in, you're obviously a clever man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Not the point at all. My point is that the odds of Argyle going down are not great in betting parlance. I would never bet my house on anything as it happens. I learned a long time ago that the winners where gambling are concerned are Bookies and only bookies. So the point is not the actual bet. Yes we could be relegated still but I happen to think it is long odds. Even more so if you look at the other fixtures even if anyone can beat anyone in any league in a one off match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:24 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
My point is that the odds of Argyle going down are not great in betting parlance.
I'll take your word for that, and looking at the table, only another day like today could result in relegation. Very happy for Torquay to have pulled themselves up out of their plunge ... I thought they were brown bread... just goes to show, you can't tell, unless there are obvious inherent bad vibes. Sheridan has changed the awful vibes somewhat, but only just. There's still bad stuff in there big time, not least of all the debt mountain.
However, I like Greenskin's promotion of Freatherdamus. We all need someone to look up to and tell us where where we're going. We're crying out for it. And who better than Freathy, given that our resident State approved God tells us that our own death is a promotion.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:41 am

afc tree huggers WILL beat fleetwood- season over on the beach now
barnet WILL beat Northampton - resting for play offs

york & dagenham will draw if it saves BOTH of them

that leaves us v rochdale............we go a goal down panic could set in, conversely we take the lead and complacency sets in?

we SHOULD get the point we need BUT will the team perform?

this obsession with the form table is barmy, most teams at bottom put together 'promotion' form late in the season.

we've been down there ALL season dont forget, relegation would NOT be undeserved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 7:23 am

Don't listen to Sensiblegreeny. He had number 4578 in yesterday's 50/50 draw. Guess which number came out to win the £870? The man is cursed. Take his bet.

I would be very surprised if we went down given the variables.

We were safe (I think) with two games to go last season on 46 points. This season has been incredibly tight at the bottom. Luckily, and this is a positive, Rochdale have nothing to play for. It's going to be a horrible week waiting for 5pm next Saturday but I can't see us going down.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:03 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
we must win at all costs saturday there is no alternative. John i am sure will drum this hard into the squad

Pompey
Exeter
Hartlepool

or

Cambridge
Luton
Woking

I wouldn't realy mind to be honest,,,,hartlepools a fecking dump,,,?,,division 4 south will happen sooner than you think,thats they way forward,,anyway we wont be going down,,for the real answer( not freathys) talk to your local bookmaker,,
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:10 am

tcm wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Pompey
Exeter
Hartlepool

or

Cambridge
Luton
Woking

I wouldn't realy mind to be honest,,,,hartlepools a fecking dump,,,?,,division 4 south will happen sooner than you think,thats they way forward,,anyway we wont be going down,,for the real answer( not freathys) talk to your local bookmaker,,

Blatant plagiarism there tcm....

As it goes, you can still get 40/1 from Coral on Argyle going down if anyone fancies a flutter...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:14 am

tcm wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Pompey
Exeter
Hartlepool

or

Cambridge
Luton
Woking

Odds were 100/1 not so long ago, they obviously think there's an outside chance if they've cut the odds to 40/1
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:22 am

Freathy wrote:
We will lose next week that is 100% certain so we're relying completely on other results that are very likely to go against us. Dag & Red and York need a draw so as has been said that's obviously what will happen. Barnet have hit super promotion form and are completely unstoppable and Northampton have absolutely nothing to play for safely in the play-offs so a Barnet win is almost gauranteed. Wimbledon at home should get a comfortable win against nothing to play for Fleetwood.

Yep! brent has succeeded in getting PAFC thrown out of the football league.

Still reeling them in , using the same bait Sad Act ????? lol!

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:51 am

Its worth sticking £10 on Argyle to get relegated- if the worst happens the blow isn't as bad as you then have £400 for next season's ST Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:55 am

Of course all the other results could go against us and then we lose by less goals than Torquay do and it's them that go down cheers
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:29 am

actually looking at it now,

it will be dagenham who go down.........never in bottom2 all season until 1650 next saturday!!!!!

my calculation

AFC will beat fleetwood by 2 goals
barnet will win 1 nil.
torquay will draw
york will beat dagenham as the later it stays a draw in that game dagenham will put everyone upfront & get caught on the counter. keeper will come up for the corner, york break and its all over for daggers.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:17 am

I think it speaks volumes that, at this stage, approaching the last game of the season, there is still a distinct possibility that we could fall out of the football league for the first time in over 100 years.

A few short years ago that would never have been given a moments thought. So thanks to Stapleton and Co, Surroy and Co, and especially to James Brent and Co who have taken us to this point, all of them through being far more interested in property than football.

Will it happen? If the results go against us then yes it will. Some may want to bet their house on us staying up, but all the results went against us yesterday - it could happen again.

If it does, I'll feel sorry for those people at the club who work so hard every day for the club they love. For those, driven by self interest, publicity seekers, auctioneers, and the plethora of nasty individuals that have sprung to the fore over the last few years - it serves you right.

I'd have been totally gutted about this a few years ago. Now, I'll be mildly put out, but there are far more important things in life and things that I enjoy much more than going to Home Park.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:54 am

I see the brent lovers latest stance is to say "we knew it was never going to be easy" and "it was always going down to the last day". Well brent has been incharge for nearly two whole seasons (all of this one and the vast majority of last season). Just when do they think their beloved brent should stop delivering miserable failure?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:00 am

stop it! he saved us from championship football
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:10 pm

He saved us from league football
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So for Argyle to be relegated next week...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next