Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So for Argyle to be relegated next week...

Go down 
+16
mouldyoldgoat
r gyle
pepsipete
Mapperley, darling
PlymptonPilgrim
Chemical Ali
tcm
Damon.Lenszner
125+1
Greenskin
Han Solos Other Ship
Czarcasm
Freathy
Tringreen
Flat_Track_Bully
Elias
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

So for Argyle to be relegated next week... Empty
PostSubject: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Rochdale 2 Argyle 0 or worse scoreline

Dag & Red v York any DRAW scoreline

Northampton v Barnet any AWAY WIN scoreline

Wimbledon v FLeetwood any HOME WIN scoreline

affraid
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:12 pm

looks likely im afraid.

fleetwood have nothing to play for. barnet used to big game on last day.
dagenham and york will fix a draw - reckon that'll be odds on.

we HAVE to win
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Actually a 1v0 defeat would relegate us in that circumstance.

Fleetwood are on a bad run - players basically on summer hols already.
Northampton have nothing to play for and will be saving themselves for play offs.
If we lose then it makes sense for D&R and York to 'arrange' a draw, as that would keep them both up.

Ergo we need to get a result at Rochdale (a draw would be enough).

It's days like these that make me fvking hate football.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Also if Barnet Draw and Argyle lose by 2-0 it could be curtains if other results go against
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:16 pm

is it safe to say that anything less than a win could see us relegated?

hmmmm i guess we need

on saturday to make sure we win!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:19 pm

we need a point to be sure of safety
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Northampton v Barnet any DRAW scoreline

looks even worse like this
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Yes indeed. We need a point to be certain of another basement struggle, with a boxed in stadium but hey, we've got praaaaaper faaaans and a club to follow................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:31 pm

cheers lol! At least you've got a club, a board and superfans to despise - just rejoice in that news
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:

Northampton v Barnet any DRAW scoreline

looks even worse like this

Oh and Torquay musn't lose by more than 2 goals too, at home to Brizzle Gas
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:34 pm

We will lose next week that is 100% certain so we're relying completely on other results that are very likely to go against us. Dag & Red and York need a draw so as has been said that's obviously what will happen. Barnet have hit super promotion form and are completely unstoppable and Northampton have absolutely nothing to play for safely in the play-offs so a Barnet win is almost gauranteed. Wimbledon at home should get a comfortable win against nothing to play for Fleetwood.

Yep! brent has succeeded in getting PAFC thrown out of the football league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:37 pm

I still think it's a 40/1+ shot that Argo take the drop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Freathy wrote:
We will lose next week that is 100% certain so we're relying completely on other results that are very likely to go against us. Dag & Red and York need a draw so as has been said that's obviously what will happen. Barnet have hit super promotion form and are completely unstoppable and Northampton have absolutely nothing to play for safely in the play-offs so a Barnet win is almost gauranteed. Wimbledon at home should get a comfortable win against nothing to play for Fleetwood.

Yep! brent has succeeded in getting PAFC thrown out of the football league.
Yes freathy looks like our prediction of relegation under the calm assured leadership of the property developer was miles off Sleep
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:41 pm

See you in the FES ministand v Ebbsfleet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Freathy wrote:
Only if i get kidnapped by fvcking superfans! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Freathy wrote:

before a spot of recreational ice-skating
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Gert Loinz wrote:
Freathy wrote:

before a spot of recreational ice-skating

And shuffling across the desolate, windswept, litter ridden alleyway to be abused by the jumped up janners. Meanwhile. lip quiverer will be disappearing into the sunset.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:35 pm

Freathy you're such a wind up merchant and for me your sense gets lost. Barnet on super form...? We were unlucky to lose today and before today we were top of the form table over the previous 2 months. 100% certain we'll lose...? Based on the above.... why?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Freathy you're such a wind up merchant and for me your sense gets lost. Barnet on super form...? We were unlucky to lose today and before today we were top of the form table over the previous 2 months. 100% certain we'll lose...? Based on the above.... why?

In the cold light of day, it's based on uber-pessimism.

Thing is, it's not beyond the realms of fantasy that it could actually happen. For absolute realistic odds on it happening, visit your local bookmaker.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

40 or 50/1 for Argyle to get relegated would suggest that in REAL terms, it's highly unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:45 pm

feck me im not a religious man but something somewhere wants us to go down. Each week the exact wrong results for us come in. At least it's in our own hand I guess

Lol etc
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Pokesdown wrote:

Never underestimate the power of Nostrafreathus..........
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:20 pm

Elias wrote:
looks likely im afraid.

fleetwood have nothing to play for. barnet used to big game on last day.
dagenham and york will fix a draw - reckon that'll be odds on.

we HAVE to win

But if they fix a draw and Barnet,Wimbledon win and Argyle draw Dagenham go out of the league. Bit to much of a risk

Both will be going for a win. If dagenham Win Argyle draw, Barnet and Wimbledon win York go down.

I really think this game hinges on our safety whatever our result. Dagenham are at risk the most so i think they will be going for it.

My predictions have been crap recently so im gonna go for the following

Argyle - Lose
York - Win
Dagenham - Lose
Barnet - Draw
Wimbledon - Draw

Wimbledon Relagated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:09 pm

It isn't a case of just if we lose. We have to lose by at least 3 otherwise our goal difference will see us safe. I cannot see it happening even if I see us losing. All the other games would have to go right for them as well. I cannot see it happening at all. Be pesimistic if you like but me, as far as I'm concerned we are as good as safe now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:20 pm

For those rather boring football managers that say other results don't matter and the bright (Gordon) Sparks of this world saying there's no such thing as a six pointer, today is just about the most disastrous day Argyle have ever had.... just an unbelievable set of results.

In the end we all compete with our neighbours in football ... how they fare IS important. The odds of today's results happening must have been pretty slim.
Nostrafreathus ? .....spooky .... unerringtonly accurate. If you're going to get into the prediction game, you've gotta start somewhere.... most establishment mystics start at the Bank of England Very Happy
I see Sensible is being sensible again..... Norm Norman. No wettest year in history for him. No once in a lifetime flood in his valley.... oh no. Somebody is going to be awfully unlucky this year, but then some days life swells more than normal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Would you put your house on Argyle being relegated next Saturday? Let me know which bookies you place the bet with or I might even take the bet myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... Empty

Back to top Go down

So for Argyle to be relegated next week...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next