Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So for Argyle to be relegated next week...

Go down 
+16
mouldyoldgoat
r gyle
pepsipete
Mapperley, darling
PlymptonPilgrim
Chemical Ali
tcm
Damon.Lenszner
125+1
Greenskin
Han Solos Other Ship
Czarcasm
Freathy
Tringreen
Flat_Track_Bully
Elias
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:14 pm

we are going to be premier league next season cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Brent has put this clubs league status at risk for two seasons running, he has been a disaster not fit to own this club with directors not fit to be on the board of this club, he remains popular with rimmers and twats but i long for the day when we have a serious commited owner then he and his ministand plans can disappear into the sunset. ten and a half thousand at homepark yesterday deserve better than brent and his fan club!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:29 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I think it speaks volumes that, at this stage, approaching the last game of the season, there is still a distinct possibility that we could fall out of the football league for the first time in over 100 years.

A few short years ago that would never have been given a moments thought. So thanks to Stapleton and Co, Surroy and Co, and especially to James Brent and Co who have taken us to this point, all of them through being far more interested in property than football.

Will it happen? If the results go against us then yes it will. Some may want to bet their house on us staying up, but all the results went against us yesterday - it could happen again.

If it does, I'll feel sorry for those people at the club who work so hard every day for the club they love. For those, driven by self interest, publicity seekers, auctioneers, and the plethora of nasty individuals that have sprung to the fore over the last few years - it serves you right.

I'd have been totally gutted about this a few years ago. Now, I'll be mildly put out, but there are far more important things in life and things that I enjoy much more than going to Home Park.

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Yeh, Blue Square Premier. Sad
Back to top Go down
r gyle

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:07 pm

Is not so sad that we are even discussing the prospect of dropping out of the football league?
With the support that this club gets, it is a crime against us all!
I do believe that a change of manager was due well before christmas.
This could be our undoing!!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:46 pm

Welcome to ATD, r gyle.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 2:18 pm

I think to say hat Northampton have nothing to play for is wrong, playoffs are about momentum, you don't want to have to go into the playoffs after a loss against a relegation threatened team it's not good for moral. As for York v Daggers although a draw would suit them both, neither will throw a win to save the other, why would they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 2:20 pm

Would you put your house on Argyle not being relegated next Saturday? Let me know which bookies you place the bet with or I might even take the bet myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 pm

GOB wrote:
Would you put your house on Argyle not being relegated next Saturday? Let me know which bookies you place the bet with or I might even take the bet myself.

No value in betting on Argyle not to be relegated. True odds are probably in the region of 1/80 - 1/90.

I might be tempted to bet on argyle being relegated at 100/1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 3:40 pm

50-1 available for Argyle to be relegated, and from the pie-chart shown that is as popular a bet as any of the other scenarios.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 pm

It'd be a hell of a journey home on the Aviva Express. Webby waxing lyrical over the exciting trips to new shitholes like Alfreton and Braintree. Nool planning to auction the scarf that James wept into and all the while, a clever sheep will be counting his winnings.................. to pay for his season ticket, of course Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Brent has put this clubs league status at risk for two seasons running, he has been a disaster not fit to own this club with directors not fit to be on the board of this club, he remains popular with rimmers and twats but i long for the day when we have a serious commited owner then he and his ministand plans can disappear into the sunset. ten and a half thousand at homepark yesterday deserve better than brent and his fan club!

The above will do for me with knobs on.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Tringreen wrote:
It'd be a hell of a journey home on the Aviva Express. Webby waxing lyrical over the exciting trips to new shitholes like Alfreton and Braintree. Nool planning to auction the scarf that James wept into and all the while, a clever sheep will be counting his winnings.................. to pay for his season ticket, of course Wink

wasnt webby having £100 bets with fans that argyle would NOT go down affraid
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Elias wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

wasnt webby having £100 bets with fans that argyle would NOT go down affraid

Wish I'd taken him up on it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:38 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Carlsberg dont do away days..............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:02 pm

I've been trying to decide whether to post this or not. It has taken me a number of months to be 'accepted' on this site and now maybe I will post something that puts that back a bit but you lot sound like you will actually be happy if we go down. Get a grip guys, the reason we fight against hat we perceive to be wrongs at our football club is because it is our football club. Whatever we feel about those in and around the boardroom surely you will not actually be happy to see Argyle in non League football?

I do what I do because I want the best for the Greens. I don't agree with the Board, with some of the PASB, with the GTs with the President and IJN but at the end of the day I know that my end goal is th same as all of theirs - a successful PAFC. Come on tell me, please tell me that you don't want us relegated next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Not happy Damon, just accepting of the fact the we have owners, directors and leaches that don't really give a flying fek about the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:09 pm

GOB wrote:

Anyone got that "one flew over the cuckoos nest" bit when the lunatics escape on the bus to go fishing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:21 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Yeh, Blue Square Premier. Sad

I really think you boys should be paying enough attention by now to know that it will not be the "Blue Square" next season.

Please accept the thanks of all at ECFC for extending our interest in the season by an extra week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I've been trying to decide whether to post this or not. It has taken me a number of months to be 'accepted' on this site and now maybe I will post something that puts that back a bit but you lot sound like you will actually be happy if we go down. Get a grip guys, the reason we fight against hat we perceive to be wrongs at our football club is because it is our football club. Whatever we feel about those in and around the boardroom surely you will not actually be happy to see Argyle in non League football?

I do what I do because I want the best for the Greens. I don't agree with the Board, with some of the PASB, with the GTs with the President and IJN but at the end of the day I know that my end goal is th same as all of theirs - a successful PAFC. Come on tell me, please tell me that you don't want us relegated next week.

Of course none of us want the club relegated next week, Damon. But allow the long sufferers a little gallows 'humour' at least.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:36 pm

OK - take it I've had a humour bypass after yesterdays results !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:37 pm

None of us want to see us relegated Damon...just that our end state and i will refer to them as "the establishment and its toadies"and thats me being kind.... end state differs a great deal.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:59 pm

The only one who won't give a shit when we're expelled from the FL (relegation is the wrong term) is the banker owner. I believe that even his superfan groupies will be devastated, although they will of course remain non-critical of their beloved banker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So for Argyle to be relegated next week...   So for Argyle to be relegated next week... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So for Argyle to be relegated next week...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next