PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Greenlander

Greenlander

Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Oxford might hold some sort of hex over us but that don't excuse any of this shite. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. Some folks get the argyle they deserve. The rest of us want for better.

I'm on a bit of an 80s tip at the moment. Can't it just be like that (say the 84-88 bit)
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Just the start?? We are half way down shit creek and not even attempting to paddle against the flow

I know that as well as anyone and I'm amazed Adams is still here but who do you think would replace him? I rockin Johnsons on more at Torquay than he would be here. Football is not the priority and because of that were doomed I tell ee. Maybe a trip outside the football leagues would be enough to get these shysters out of the club? They are a joke and should be getting as much stick as Adams.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 pm

Pay peanuts ya get monkeys. DA is complicit because he took his new, improved offer and was arrogant enough to believe he could replace a whole defence in the poundshop.
Two brents in the boardroom. Everything still stinks at the theatre of schemes.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 6:36 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Thought we’d have a chance today with Oxford being equally as shit as us ..but what was I thinking were bang in trouble the clubs shit from top to bottom

tbf Reg don't think Oxford are as shit as Austerity Argo I would say they are better overall.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 6:39 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Pay peanuts ya get monkeys. DA is complicit because he took his new, improved offer and was arrogant enough to believe he could replace a whole defence in the poundshop.

Nailed on. Even though Hallett is now the chair the whole vibe around the club still smacks of the Brent and his seven year reign of misery.
The same characters hanging off the corporate facilities, the same back slapping wannabees and Brents foot soldiers lurking around block 15.

Nothing is changing any time soon and the very best we can look forward to is League 2 football in a tarted up shell of a grandstand complete with obstructed views.

Wake me up when this nightmare is over.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 6:45 pm

put a call into the jungle and get Arry..... feck knows fed up of this shit
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 6:50 pm

akagreengull wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Thought we’d have a chance today with Oxford being equally as shit as us ..but what was I thinking were bang in trouble the clubs shit from top to bottom

tbf Reg don't think Oxford are as shit as Austerity Argo I would say they are better overall.
that was my logic pre game GG just grasping at straws for a win..but after witnessing it your not wrong there GG
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 7:22 pm

Don't know why everyone just doesn't boycott the whole shit show until the end of the season. It can't possibly be in any way enjoyable suffering that putrid garbage served up at HP week in week out. Nothings going to change under austerity Si and DA so all you Argo fans do yourselves a favour and find something else worthwhile and enjoyable to do on a Saturday instead.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Freathy wrote:
Don't know why everyone just doesn't boycott the whole shit show until the end of the season.  It can't possibly be in any way enjoyable suffering that putrid garbage served up at HP week in week out.  Nothings going to change under austerity Si and DA so all you Argo fans do yourselves a favour and find something else worthwhile and enjoyable to do on a Saturday instead.

Financially a boycott would have very little impact since most of the 8,000 odd who attend the league games are season ticket holders thus the club already has their bunce.

Maybe the empty seats would have a visual effect on the board, maybe.

Whose decision was it to offer DA a 5 year contract? I'll give you a clue he's still lurking around block 16 like a bad smell as if he's still numero uno chairman.

Club stinks to high heaven.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 8:37 pm

oxford played some neat football at times knocking the ball around with some great ball control. There goals where well taken but what was our defence playing at!!!

songo'o seemed determined to pass the ball to the invisible man which im sure he was told to hoof it up field when he gets the ball a im sure hes not blind or mad.

we took our goal well from a break away but despite a few near misses i never got the feeling we would nick a draw or indeed win the game. Lucky for us this wasnt a league game as this result would have cause even more damage than missing out on a potential big money 3rd fa cup game.

We are running out of time now.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 10:59 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Nailed on. Even though Hallett is now the chair the whole vibe around the club still smacks of the Brent and his seven year reign of misery.
The same characters hanging off the corporate facilities, the same back slapping wannabees and Brents foot soldiers lurking around block 15.

Nothing is changing any time soon and the very best we can look forward to is League 2 football in a tarted up shell of a grandstand complete with obstructed views.

Wake me up when this nightmare is over.

It will take awhile for the stench of Brent to finally disappear from Home Park, if it ever does that is.

Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 11:12 pm

I can see our defensive "coach" being sacked next before DA goes, so it would be goodbye to Wotton
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 12:58 am

Desperately desperate times 50 years on from first visit as an excited 8 year old how the hell has this club got into this state
We can't blame Newell Webb the Shyster Simple Si Bungo for all the catastrophic failures....
Hang on maybe we can
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 8:27 am

You forgot the collective compliant fanbase Harve who go along with anything in the name of Argo and accept any old crap be it the football, the ground etc.
A big part of PAFC slide/downfall apart from being exploited by an opportunistic shyster is the "punching above our weight" psychology that pervades the club bottom up.
They get the kind of club they deserve.
So looking forward to the cricket next year. cheers
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 10:23 am

We might be saved yet, rumours up here are Oxford United are facing cashflow issues and could be heading to Administration..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 7:11 pm

argyl3 wrote:
We might be saved yet, rumours up here are Oxford United are facing cashflow issues and could be heading to Administration..

great so that 1 of 4 relegation spots we dont have to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxford United (FA Cup)   Oxford United (FA Cup) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxford United (FA Cup)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4