AuthorMessage

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 5:30 pm

We are FOOKIN brill.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 5:49 pm

Iggy wrote:
We are FOOKIN brill.

Excellent Brief Synopsis Iggy straight to the Nitty Gritty,Prefect Pedlar take note!

Last edited by sufferedsince 68 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 5:49 pm

Good report.

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Well that saved me £20 Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 6:08 pm

We played some good stuff in both halves.

Bit concerned with only one goal with all our pressure.

With Brunt up front the ball wasn't coming back so quick, gave the CH a headache all game, not as sharp as Reuben though.

Boateng awesome first half, not so good second half, think there's a fitness issue there.

McCormick excellent.

Nelson excellent

Hartley needs to cut the loose passing, played us into trouble at times

McHugh very tidy performance

Carey another good display

Midfield was a lot tighter and more productive with a bit of a wobble the last 10-15 mins

All in all a good performance just need to turn the pressure into goals.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Freathy must be well pissed off
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 6:13 pm

fook me that was a bit brief iggy

I will add a bit more we did`nt play as well as we did the other tuesday. But a win is a win and we are second in the league. Brunt is better than reid at least he will run after the ball and not just stand there expecting it at his feet.

We did very well at times just need a few more goals.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 6:16 pm

Mellor was extremely good; in fact there wasn't a bad performance. Brunt showed that we do have options if Reid's injured, or halfway to Pompey, depending on who you talked to in the pub before the game. Very Happy

For a 1-0 result it was pretty one sided. I'm getting the feeling that when the team really clicks, someone's going to get a complete thrashing.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 10:24 pm

A decent performance and very onesided 1-0, feel we'll need to be more clinical against the better teams in the division and there were a couple of nervy moments late on but all in all we played some nice stuff and were well worthy of the 3 points. very impressed with Brunt, especially his workrate. 2nd in the table and our best start to a season since feck knows when, well done to Del and his bheys cheers
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:24 am

The FB Groups are in a frenzy with the Hail Sir James Arse licking Posts. Fookin hell I might have to implode if I read any more over there.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:43 am

Brent out !

A very good start but we havent reached september yet.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 9:11 am

Graiser wrote:
Freathy must be well pissed off

Very happy after suffering that last 7 seasons of utter shit. But there's a lot of season left so let's see how we fair after brents great January give away.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 10:38 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
The FB Groups are in a frenzy with the Hail Sir James Arse licking Posts.  Fookin hell I might have to implode if I read any more over there.

Same on Brentoti, Adams bumlicking in full swing followed by slagging off Sheridan who kept the club in the football league and made the playoffs despite working for Team Clown!!! Adams has won four and lost two so far not bad at all, but Sheridan left him a good squad to work with despite a joke Budget for a club that averages 7500 fans. If we are second in April which i doubt, lets get the green wigs on then not now!
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 12:27 pm

Adams was a good appointment but let's see what happens when other clubs come sniffing around for him and our best players.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 12:30 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
The FB Groups are in a frenzy with the Hail Sir James Arse licking Posts.  Fookin hell I might have to implode if I read any more over there.

Same on Brentoti, Adams bumlicking in full swing followed by slagging off Sheridan who kept the club in the football league and made the playoffs despite working for Team Clown!!! Adams has won four and lost two so far not bad at all, but Sheridan left him a good squad to work with despite a joke Budget for a club that averages 7500 fans. If we are second in April which i doubt, lets get the green wigs on then not now!

Del Bhey fully on course to be the next Ollie at this rate.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 12:53 pm

The next two league away games will see what we made off. Two draws will do me.
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 1:00 pm

We totally controlled that game for eighty minutes. Despite our supremacy we didn't create many clear cut chance and nearly paid for that at the end.
A very good start with plenty of room for improvement.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Great review of the game from a Newport perspective without the usual blinkers that restrict balanced forum insight.

Mark Vickery wrote:
SWOT ANALYSIS OPPONENTS
Strengths — they were clever with their passing and had confidence to stretch play. competed well in middle and were quick to anticipate danger at the back
Weaknesses — not a big side and a more physical side may have caused problems from set pieces. both full backs were ordinary when put under pressure
Opportunities — first half they gambled down the left flank and were prepared to shoot when invited flooding men into the box. Offered more crosses second half
Threats — Carey got in and around the area and was prepared to shoot. Tanner linked box to box well and Sawyer long throws.

OFFICIALS
A Davies (7) — got taken in by a lot of the falling to the floor but generally kept game flowing and key decisions right

MAN OF THE MATCH
Graham Carey (Plymouth 10) — County struggled to pick him with ghosting runs in and around the box and was clever with his use of the ball

In my statistics thread, I gave the MOM to Boateng as this seemed to be the selection of supporters who went to the game (as opposed to listened to the radio, or who just vote for the goalscorer). But this assessment thought Carey was the standout player. I have noticed the Pasoti poll has edged for Carey too. Is it worth taking the MOM point off Boateng and giving it to Carey?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 6:48 am

Brunt played quite well held things up done a lot of running but no real chances at goal except one he should have put away in the first half...mite have to get used to him up front...make what you think of rueben not playing saturday..big rumour peterbrough have made a 600k bid
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 8:43 am

ejh wrote:

Great review of the game from a Newport perspective without the usual blinkers that restrict balanced forum insight.

Mark Vickery wrote:
SWOT ANALYSIS OPPONENTS
Strengths — they were clever with their passing and had confidence to stretch play. competed well in middle and were quick to anticipate danger at the back
Weaknesses — not a big side and a more physical side may have caused problems from set pieces. both full backs were ordinary when put under pressure
Opportunities — first half they gambled down the left flank and were prepared to shoot when invited flooding men into the box. Offered more crosses second half
Threats — Carey got in and around the area and was prepared to shoot. Tanner linked box to box well and Sawyer long throws.

OFFICIALS
A Davies (7) — got taken in by a lot of the falling to the floor but generally kept game flowing and key decisions right

MAN OF THE MATCH
Graham Carey (Plymouth 10) — County struggled to pick him with ghosting runs in and around the box and was clever with his use of the ball

In my statistics thread, I gave the MOM to Boateng as this seemed to be the selection of supporters who went to the game (as opposed to listened to the radio, or who just vote for the goalscorer). But this assessment thought Carey was the standout player. I have noticed the Pasoti poll has edged for Carey too. Is it worth taking the MOM point off Boateng and giving it to Carey?

TBH EJH ICGAF geek raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:06 am

Why not take the other places MOM, at least the voters know about Argyle.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:18 am

ejh wrote:

Mark Vickery wrote:
SWOT ANALYSIS OPPONENTS

OFFICIALS

MAN OF THE MATCH

In my statistics thread, I gave the MOM to Boateng as this seemed to be the selection of supporters who went to the game (as opposed to listened to the radio, or who just vote for the goalscorer). But this assessment thought Carey was the standout player. I have noticed the Pasoti poll has edged for Carey too. Is it worth taking
the MOM point off Boateng and giving it to Carey?

Sigh Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:17 pm

I thought Boateng's distribution let him down at times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brief synopsis. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis.   Brief synopsis. Empty

Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis.
Page 1 of 1