sufferedsince 68
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyMon May 30, 2016 9:25 pm

That was fooking embarrassing, get out of our club Brent.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyMon May 30, 2016 9:31 pm

We were shit!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyMon May 30, 2016 9:36 pm

Had a great day to be fair and wembley stadium is awesome, just the shit on the pitch spoilt it Laughing
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyMon May 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Don't get to see much full Argyle action down under, but that was shit.

Mellor had a mare.
Matt was ineffective and Carey was marked out of the game. Wilde screamed down the line. Then gave it to them. Pretty much every time. Not sure why Wimbledon bothered tracking back with him.

Luke made a good save from Akinfenwa who had a free header towards the end.

Didn't really notice anyone else.

Brent Out.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyMon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm

'Twas a ffffkin shocker - waste of about £300 notes -
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyMon May 30, 2016 11:27 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Had a great day to be fair and wembley stadium is awesome, just the shit on the pitch spoilt it Laughing

Same here, always a pleasure to visit Wembley, and if we could lose to any club in League 2 I would have chosen Wimbledon.

Their fans went nuts when Akinfenwa came on, from that point on they began to put Argyle on the rack, rather than just edge proceedings

Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:14 am

A great day on the piss, football was shite as usual.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:27 am

Think we are being harsh on ourselves especially Mellor. Up to the 78th minute it was going either way. You couldnt call it. Without question Mellor was our best player first half and literally put his head on the block for their goal when with hindsight an outstretched left foot may have been better.
Matt had a mare for sure although everytime he went up for a ball when I watched the recording he was being pushed in the back time after time.

Apart from Jamille I honestly thought we competed. Luke had a faultless game. People bawling out Adams for wrong team and wrong tactics. Well that identical team did just fine against Pompey.....

Personally I think Adams will be gone within couple weeks having been poached. His dig at Brent is clear on the BBC website working with a threadbare squad.

As Tuesdays go this isnt a good one !!
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:28 am

Think that's quite fair, Harve. It was a dire game but I thought we slightly edged it first half, though neither team looked like scoring. Their goal came from nothing - it wasn't coming in my view. Whoever grabbed one was going to win. Shame that we didn't turn up really but our worst was almost good enough. The pen was an irrelevance. Should we have had one though? I can't bear to watch it back.

The puppets blaming Adams are laughable.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:29 am

A long summer ahead, hugely dissapointing game and diabolical result.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:35 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Think that's quite fair, Harve. It was a dire game but I thought we slightly edged it first half, though neither team looked like scoring. Their goal came from nothing - it wasn't coming in my view. Whoever grabbed one was going to win. Shame that we didn't turn up really but our worst was almost good enough. The pen was an irrelevance. Should we have had one though? I can't bear to watch it back.

I think we should have had a pen.
Cant see how adams as a manager at home park can recover from this to lose an eight point lead will see no confidence in him from fans at least.

Too many just grateful for a bucket of shit......er i mean club to follow.
Good day out saw many friends and had afew laughs.
Back to top Go down
vincent_vega

vincent_vega

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:45 am

Interesting seeing others views. I did think their goal was coming and my overall impression was it felt like we were playing with 10 men. They had a plan and stuck to it, whereas we had no plan and stuck with that.

IMO Mellor was awful - even before the header.

Seen some stuff here and on pisspoti about the crowd not getting behind Argyle and being quiet. OK it wasnt quite the Turk Telecom Arena but thought the GA did a good job when you consider the tripe on display.

Just as a snippet, I had friends on one of the GT coaches and the general grumblings were that Brent would be happy with the result as he doesnt want to pay Div 1 salaries. Will be interesting to see what happens this summer in the soap opera that is PAFC.......... popcorn3
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 9:54 am

Elias wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

I think we should have had a pen.
Cant see how adams as a manager at home park can recover from this to lose an eight point lead will see no confidence in him from fans at least.

Too many just grateful for a bucket of shit......er i mean club to follow.
Good day out saw many friends and had afew laughs.

Tbh I struggle to take seriously the view of someone who gets confused about who the real Wimbledon is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 4:50 pm

BRIEF SYNOPSIS...WE WERE SHIT
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 5:11 pm

What a poor performance, inept tactically and a classic example of how bad football has become generally. How they can class themselves as professional footballers I have no idea. They couldn't even do the basics as in control a ball, run with it or pass to a team mate. That doesn't mean that Wimbledon were good either, they just done what they set out to do better than Argyle. Again another disappointing display in front of a good crowd. How many times and for how long has it been like it now? Far to long.
BRENT OUT!!
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 5:50 pm

Easy option is too blame Brent cos that suits the political agenda, but this was the same players who played so well against Pompey and no one was praising Brent about that, you can't have it both ways, so for me it's poor game management.
Derek had previously stated Reuben was fully fit so why did he leave it until the last 10 or so minutes to bring him on ?
Matt was in that scrawny looking CH's back pocket all the game, the lone forward wasn't working, so why leave the change so late ?
For me after the first 10 mins I didn't think we were at it at all, couldn't put a pass together, no tactical brain to work out when there's 2-3 men at Cary whenever he had the ball there must be space somewhere else.

For me it's the Management, Players and tactics, all were bleddy appalling and an embarrassment.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:02 pm

So when a political party ruin a country it has nothing to do with the leader?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:05 pm

Graiser wrote:
Easy option is too blame Brent cos that suits the political agenda, but this was the same players who played so well against Pompey and no one was praising Brent about that, you can't have it both ways, so for me it's poor game management.
Derek had previously stated Reuben was fully fit so why did he leave it until the last 10 or so minutes to bring him on ?
Matt was in that scrawny looking CH's back pocket all the game, the lone forward wasn't working, so why leave the change so late ?
For me after the first 10 mins I didn't think we were at it at all, couldn't put a pass together, no tactical brain to work out when there's 2-3 men at Cary whenever he had the ball there must be space somewhere else.

For me it's the Management, Players and tactics, all were bleddy appalling and an embarrassment.
Or the easy option of not blaming Brent because that suits your agenda. Plymouth Argyle are and will remain a nothing club under Brent, five years of this non action man and were still Fourth Division Crap despite averaging nearly nine thousand fans and taking 34 thousand to wembley ffs! Argyle Fans deserve far better than Brent.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:09 pm

Quite simply, far too many unforced errors. I was shocked at how poor some of the control was, and how players panicked as soon as they were put under pressure. Easy meat. On a pitch like that, it is unforgivable. Not good enough. Very disappointed in Carey after all the hype. Maybe teams have twigged him and Adams' style.
Has to be Brent's fault ultimately. Not backing the team financially in January was a disaster.

Last edited by Lord Biro on Tue May 31, 2016 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:10 pm

Graiser wrote:

I can see your point, but for me we shouldn't have even been there yesterday. If Brent had backed Adams in January, enabling the squad to be freshened up and strengthened, we would have consolidated our position 5 points clear at the top, and we could have sat back, relaxed and watched whoever it might have been slug it out at Wembley to try and gain promotion the hard way.

It's this bigger picture that concerns me. Too many fans are failing to see any connection between the lack of strengthening in January and where we are now. Look at Pasoti. Adams is being blamed, the players are being blamed, even the fans are getting a kicking. Not a word about the Chairman and owner. And in any commercial organisation, the buck stops at the top.
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:15 pm

There's no point mentioning the chairman over on Pasoti. Anyone who does now knows what happens quite quickly. They're a fine example of despotic rule, where folk are allowed to speak freely, until they disappear. In the end, no threats have to be made, it is understood. The older hands actually now believe in Brent in the classic Korean sense. They have no choice if they want to continue their part in the community. That's the value of trashing high profile long standing posters over there like Lloyd and Tyhee etc.
The few that are left keep their thoughts to themselves.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:21 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Or the easy option of not blaming Brent because that suits your agenda. Plymouth Argyle are and will remain a nothing club under Brent, five years of this non action man and were still Fourth Division Crap despite averaging nearly nine thousand fans and taking 34 thousand to wembley ffs! Argyle Fans deserve far better than Brent.
in fact they do deserve better the money the fans spent with this wembley fiasco we could have bought the club and F#@KED BRENT OFF
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:27 pm

Graiser wrote:

Teams play well and then they don't the week after. That's football. There's very little rhyme or reason for it, nobody can explain it. We didn't play well yesterday and that is a collective responsibility of the team and management.

The one constant in the football club is Brent together with his unwillingness to provide a decent budget for the manager. That's because he doesn't care about the football, he is there to make a profit, nothing more, nothing less. He wants to pay out the minimum and recoup the maximum.

No-one knows for sure obviously, but had he provided funds for Adams in January, I'm pretty confident we would have finished in the top 3. Had he done so and we didn't get promoted, more of the failures of this season could be attributed to the management and coaching team. As it is, in my view, Brent is completely at fault.

Last edited by PlymptonPilgrim on Tue May 31, 2016 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:30 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Just one point, Brent's never been my agenda for going or staying I'll leave that for the posters who are more enlightened than me, I was trying to make the point that he didn't set the tactics nor select the team, a team which most of us agreed following the home Pompey game had a more than a bleddy good chance of winning, so what happened over the last 2 weeks ?
Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:33 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I can see your point, but for me we shouldn't have even been there yesterday. If Brent had backed Adams in January, enabling the squad to be freshened up and strengthened, we would have consolidated our position 5 points clear at the top, and we could have sat back, relaxed and watched whoever it might have been slug it out at Wembley to try and gain promotion the hard way.

It's this bigger picture that concerns me. Too many fans are failing to see any connection between the lack of strengthening in January and where we are now. Look at Pasoti. Adams is being blamed, the players are being blamed, even the fans are getting a kicking. Not a word about the Chairman and owner. And in any commercial organisation, the buck stops at the top.

I understand the bigger picture and yes we should have strengthened in January but for me that alone does not account for that display yesterday, it was almost capitulation!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brief synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis   Brief synopsis Empty

Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next