AstiSpumante
Sir Francis Drake
Chemical Ali
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Who next for Argyle? Empty
PostSubject: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:56 pm

I wouldn't mind Coughlan coming back, but he's yet to manage. Holloway returning wouldn't bother me either.

Not sure of many other managers available- Clough (never managed below midlands), Warnock (too expensive/ old), Gary Megson hasn't managed for a few years but I would guess would be expensive.

I've seen social media suggest Tisdale but again I think the compo would be too much and not sure if I'd want him now.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:11 pm

I'm wondering how geared up we are to replacing him. Have the wheels already been set in motion? If so expect a Warnock/Wotton partnership in some shape or form to emerge. Presumably the coaching staff (Wotton and McCarthy) are still in place and hope to remain so. If that's the case expect the name Paul Jewell to crop up if Colin turns it down.

Alternatively Brent might think back to the previous interviews and realise that he has already spoken to the best man for the job and he's sounding out Keith Hill right now. Although I suspect not because I don't see us poaching somebody else's manager (which is why I am not expecting Tisdale) and he's firmly ensconced at Rochdale.

Here's my big outside shout: Nicky Marker.

Here's another one: Leroy Rosenior.

Holloway? Would he come back? Would it be acceptable if he did? His return would split the fans from Day 1 so I can't see it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:18 pm

here is a list that i will say a big fat NO too right now

Gary Johnson (being maager of 2 teams that were relegated this season alone tells me he isnt right for us at all)
Paul Wotton (inexperienced we need experience right now im sure he will be part of the backroom staff of the new guy)
Neil Warnock (too old, too set in his ways, will want funds every window and brent will get sick off his media ways and demands)

i can be persuaded on other name suggested but those 3 are huge no's for me. Keith hill? coughlan? warburton? klopp? who knows
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:31 pm

I want to add Graham Westley to the No list. The bloke is a tosser and his teams are cheats.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:36 pm

I've been impressed by the Wycombe manager, probably out of Brenties budget ballpark(BBB) though.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Paul Wotton it is then If budget is to go by!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:43 pm

The phone is red hot at HP.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:44 pm

Holloway may have the fire to right wrongs and It will put the club in the spotlight for any potential buyers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:46 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Paul Wotton it is then If budget is to go by!

i would say its a given he will be given the job.. brent doesnt fill me with any ambition that he will go after a decent poven manager who can take us up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:00 pm

Please please please not Paul Wotton
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:01 pm

Odds for possible next Argyle manager

Danny Wilson 8/1

Paul Buckle 10/1

Paul Trollope 16/1

John Gregory 25/1

Paul Jewell 25/1

Alan Curbishley 33/1

Below are odds from SkyBet :-

Paul Wotton 3/1
Ian Holloway 4/1
Sean McCarthy 4/1
Nigel Clough 8/1
Darren Ferguson 8/1
Kevin Blackwell 10/1
Keith Hill 10/1
Dave Hockaday 14/1
James Beattie 14/1
John Ward 20/1
Graham Westley 22/1
Sean O'Driscoll 22/1
Dennis Wise 22/1
Lee Clark 22/1
Paul Tisdale 33/1
Carl Fletcher 33/1
Alan Curbishley 33/1
Paul Mariner 33/1
Steve McCall 33/1

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu May 28, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Agree
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:06 pm

With a Brent Budget to get promoted with, lets hope Jesus gets the job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:08 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Odds for the next Argyle manager

Danny Wilson 8/1 in the maybe pile

Paul Buckle 10/1 lives in new york aswell as his wife works on tele out there lol

Paul Trollope 16/1 hmm

John Gregory 25/1 doubt it given he is recouperating from heart surgery

Paul Jewell 25/1 not enough grannies to satisfy him here..maybe torquay

Alan Curbishley 33/1 lol

Nick Barmby 33/1 honestly

jesus wept what a choice lol
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:09 pm

Ideal time for Brent to sell the club.

New buyers get to chose thire Manager without having to pay off the incumbent & Brent must be acutely aware of the clock ticking on repayment of the deferred FC debt.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:11 pm

Please make the decision as quickly as possible. Time for the board to open their little black book of contacts. Time for them to be on the ball sounding out their favourites even if they are already in jobs.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:22 pm

Holloway for me. Everyone knows there is a piss poor budget to work with but Holloway has the drive & positivity to overcome that handicap.
An added bonus is that the fat controller hates him Smile

Last edited by FY 310 on Thu May 28, 2015 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:23 pm

Yes to Warburton / Holloway / Megson / Curbs
OK with -Clough / Johnson / Warnock /Wilson / Jewell /Barmby
Massive NO to - Wotton / McCarthy / Hodges / Burnett / Marker /Rosenior / Coughlan / Buckle /

Tiz - unsure

Wild cards - Ainsworth / Mellon /
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:23 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Odds for the next Argyle manager

Danny Wilson 8/1 in the maybe pile

Paul Buckle 10/1 lives in new york aswell as his wife works on tele out there lol

Paul Trollope 16/1 hmm

John Gregory 25/1 doubt it given he is recouperating from heart surgery

Paul Jewell 25/1 not enough grannies to satisfy him here..maybe torquay

Alan Curbishley 33/1 lol

Nick Barmby 33/1 honestly

jesus wept what a choice lol

Not that inspiring it must be said. Gregory seems to be sniffing around every time the job becomes vacant, not a cats chance in hell of Curbishley coming here, Buckle-FFS no!, Jewell and Wilson are yesterdays men, Barmby completely untried and wouldn't fit the criteria for a successful Argyle manager. The only one that gives reason for a bit of thought is Trollope-got the Gas promoted from this league and was rather unjustly sacked, believe he had Lennie Lawrence as the elder statesman in his time there. Not a selection to get the juices going though really.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:37 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Ideal time for Brent to sell the club.  

New buyers get to chose thire Manager without having to pay off the incumbent & Brent must be acutely aware of the clock ticking on repayment of the deferred FC debt.

I would love a proper owner with a proper board of directors to replace Brent, then get Holloway in as manager with a promotion budget, i'm sick to death of the shaddup and be grateful for being shit mentality that goes right through the club under Brent.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:56 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

I can hardly even believe its being considered here.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:57 pm

Hargreaves at Torquay may be an outside bet. Not my choice, but better than a Wotton/anyone else combination.

What's worrying for me is how much will Brent be involved in the appointment. By his own admission he's not qualified to run a football club, and this isn't like appointing someone in a business. He has no contacts in the game and will have to rely heavily on Board members, which in itself doesn't fill anyone with confidence.

Keith Hill would be good, but little chance of him coming.

Holloway would be a marmite appointment. We could do a lot worse though.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:58 pm

FY 310 wrote:
Holloway for me. Everyone knows there is a piss poor budget to work with but Holloway has the drive & positivity to overcome that handicap.
To start with he would have to eat a large helping of humble pie to win some of the the fan base over, those too stupid to see the real reasons he left & that he was entirely justified in his decision.
An added bonus is that the fat controller hates him Smile

Holloway it is then.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Graham Coughlan was apparently down for a Senior Greens meeting today.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? EmptyThu May 28, 2015 7:12 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Graham Coughlan was apparently down for a Senior Greens meeting today.....

dont chem they will think its a done deal now lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who next for Argyle?   Who next for Argyle? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who next for Argyle?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next