GreenSam
Dingle
Hitch
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Hitch

Let's talk Nitty Gritty Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Getting down to the nitty gritty of who is the biggest bell-end, Pedlar is right up there. Complete twat.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 10:53 pm

Funny that the nitty gritty comb is widely available. Just a ploy to bury Graham Clark's excellent post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Let's talk Nitty Gritty 9k=

Last edited by Punchdrunk on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 11:29 pm

Oh dear. The 'a number of people contacted me' card is being played again. Do people really still fall for that?

Pasoti are becoming the creators of their own downfall with stuff like this ffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 11:59 pm

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nitty-gritty

In a 'racist' way, 'nitty gritty' refers to a term for the 18th Century slave trade. It's not like he's posted using the disgusting n word or made derogatory comments about women is it. Still, nice to see he's taken a break from bashing the AFT.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:12 am

I must admit I consider myself fairly cosmopolitan and switched on when it comes to stuff like racial implications but I've never heard that phrase having those implications before.

I too took it to mean 'bare bones'. A useful reminder to remove the phrase from my lexicon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 2:27 am

What an absolute bunch of toss pots. Firstly, Pedlar takes PERSONAL responsibility for removing it. Then he says the site had a number of complaints. If they had a number of complaints, presumably it had been up a while, and one of the umpteen other mods would have been around to second his decision? But no, it was at a time when there were lots of upset readers somehow and just one mod who needed to act swiftly alone. Yeah, sure!

Pedlar says if one person finds something offensive, it is by definition offensive and needs to be removed. What a load of shite! People are of varying levels of sensitivity. Some don't mind swearing, others do. Some hate loud and boisterous groups, others can handle it. If you went into a pub and didn't like the loud music, loud groups and girls with short skirts, I don't think the landlord would waste much time taking action to deal with your complaints. He or she would tell you to piss off. I personally am offended when Pedlar talks about a group of earnest volunteers as 'Dibley Parish Council' and belittles every initiative the AFT embarks upon, whilst contributing nothing of his own time or effort himself; do I have a right to have all his offensive posts which upset me removed? I'd love to see how that goes.

As for the use of 'nitty gritty' I would say this: 1) I have never in my life known or suspected it to be a racist term 2) It is common phrase in the English language 3) It possibly doesn't warrant bold, red, capital letters explaining that racist terminology has needed to be removed from a users post 4) I am still uncertain that this phrase means what Pedlar believes it means, so he possibly needs to calm down from being so judgemental 5) What on earth is a middle aged white man doing feeling so passionately upset about such an innocuous phrase in the first place? 6) Why do i grt the feeling the Pasoti Mods may not have exercised such a display of fuss if any of the other hundreds of pasoti users had used this commonplace everyday phrase in a thread about Reuben Reid's skills as a striker, and not James Brent's qualities as a chairman?!

Just another embarrassing and typically pathetic showing from the Pasoti Stasi thought police.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 2:50 am

I have since read that the word 'picnic' may have originally referred to a crowd gathering to watch slaves being lynched in historic America. It also may not have been, but you can't be too sure and I for one sincerely hope picnic is entered into the Pasoti swearchecker where it belongs.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 3:35 am

Josh Pope wrote:
Oh dear. The 'a number of people contacted me' card is being played again. Do people really still fall for that?

Throughout Pasoti history... All the times that excuse has been used and challenged, I don't think one person has ever stood up and said "yeah...  It was me that complained!"

Newell will be disappointed.  "Keyboard warriors" the lot of 'em...
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:58 am

The nitty gritty of it all is that Pedlar is regularly niggardly with the truth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:23 am

Pedlar would not have taken that action if it had been posted by anyone other than TGL or another of Nools enemies.

Did Pedlar make any comments on the Frank Harper thread? Was he not outraged by his anti muslim comments or the Pasoti backed candidate referring to gay couples as "jobbie jabbers"?

And if Pasoti is now so ultra PC, why is Nool allowed to call another poster a "dick"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 6:12 am

Having logged onto P'Bay earlier, laugh laugh laugh

I find it utterly incredulous that Piss-flap Pedlar found that term offensive. I've never heard such shite from a grown man in all of my 483 years on this planet. He needs to set fire to himself with immediate effect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 6:40 am

I think that it's nice that Pedlar is taking his turn to destroy Pasoti. It's not fair that Nool and De Liar should have to do all the work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 7:16 am

The way Pedlar is going even a word like niggly or even the word black will be banned from the site soon.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 7:34 am

So....... :-) a woman or a black person would be offended if asked to discuss the nitty gritty but it would be ok to call them a dick?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 7:38 am

PatDunne wrote:
So....... :-) a woman or a black person would be offended if asked to discuss the nitty gritty but it would be ok to call them a dick?

Correct as long as you didn't suggest that they would be an unnaturally large dick tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 7:47 am

It's a right minefield, I shall make it plain in future, Nool you are just an ordinary average size dick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 7:48 am

Probably have to ban any mentions of lynching or lynch mobs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 7:59 am

He edited the term 'prole' out of another of TGL's posts a few months back, or was it ejh.
What a sad little man, his tactic has worked of course everyone now talking about this innocuous term rather than the issues at hand.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 8:05 am

Anyway it's New Year so I'm off for a picnic.

Hip Hip Hooray.....

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 8:35 am

Hope no one on pasoti mentions that argyle were sold down the river mark will have a fit with that kind of racist language.

This phrase, meaning "betrayed" or "cheated" originated in the Mississippi River region during the American slave trade. "Troublesome" slaves would literally be sold down the river to southern Mississippi where the plantation conditions were much harsher.

study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 8:40 am

We shouldn't mention City or Rovers either because of their association with Bristol.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 9:40 am

Pedlar was silent when the Pasoti owner/ dictator, was backing homphobic BNP fan Harper for the trust. If harper had mentioned nitty gritty pedlar would have been silent, pedlar cares more about his  prefects badge than anything else. Brief Synopsis pedlar, you are a Turd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 10:38 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Pedlar was silent when the Pasoti owner/ dictator, was backing homphobic BNP fan Harper for the trust. If harper had mentioned nitty gritty pedlar would have been silent, pedlar cares more about his  prefects badge than anything else. Brief Synopsis pedlar, you are a Turd.

He could have quietly edited the post and explained to TGL by PM. Instead he did it publicly in an attempt to slur TGL because he stands up to the PAFC backed owner of Pasoti.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 10:43 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

He could have quietly edited the post and explained to TGL by PM. Instead he did it publicly in an attempt to slur TGL because he stands up to the PAFC backed owner of Pasoti.

Or he could have left the completely innocuous post alone instead of pretending it caused offense to anybody at all. Another pathological liar to add to the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk Nitty Gritty   Let's talk Nitty Gritty Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk Nitty Gritty
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next