Freathy
Dougie
Czarcasm
Lord Tisdale
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

England v Poland..... Empty
PostSubject: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:45 am

Will Woys boys weach the world cup in Bwazil tonight or will we have to endure the agony of a playoff ?

I think we'll scrape a win but the Poles will be a tough nut to crack with nothing to play for except personal pride and with a huge support behind them.

With us being the only home nation in a position to qualify i'm sure our celtic and gaelic cousins will be wishing us well................especially those of the ginger wigged, tartan wearing persuasion who seem aplenty here on ATD.

COME ON ENGLAND
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:50 am

Don't we always beat the Poles 2-1? That's the only result I ever seem to remember when we play them!What a Face 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:16 am

Poland are all huff & puff, no real threat - 'England will go the the ball', bring on the Euros as supporting Scotland in France will be superb!! Dream time I know!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:37 pm

"The keeper's a clown, relax, we're gonna win".

All huff and puff?

How many England players were there in the last Champions League final?

The Poles are a bit dodge at the back but have a great keeper and will most likely have have 8 or 9 players who are regulars in the EPL, Bundesliga or Serie A.

They are by no means of the pub team standard we see in the other home nations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
"The keeper's a clown, relax, we're gonna win".

All huff and puff?

How many England players were there in the last Champions League final?

The Poles are a bit dodge at the back but have a great keeper and will most likely have have 8 or 9 players who are regulars in the EPL, Bundesliga or Serie A.

They are by no means of the pub team standard we see in the other home nations.  
Agreed Tis but Lewandowski has a poorer international record than Defoe. Given that, and given England's lack of fibre and mental courage then it could get a tad difficult this evening. Given the individual talent we should be fine but they will have to play collectively well to come through without a wobble.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:58 pm

I don't care how we do it, whether it's sealed tonight or in a play-off, we have to get to Brazil.

My first World Cup that I remember properly was Argentina '78.

Two things stick in my mind. Tickertape and Mario Kempes. Very Happy 

No England, but that didn't seem to matter back then - It does now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:32 pm

C'monski Polska!

What dickhead decided giving Poland such a huge allocation of tickets would be a good idea? 18,000 plus some in the home ends.

So what if Poles had tickets in the home ends? They wouldn't be shouting about it too much. Now they'll have a huge block all singing together and it'll be like a home game for them.

I think Engurland will scrape through 3-2 after a few dodgy moments. Play-offs could be a minefield with France, Portugal and Turkey in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I don't care how we do it, whether it's sealed tonight or in a play-off, we have to get to Brazil.

My first World Cup that I remember properly was Argentina '78.  

Two things stick in my mind. Tickertape and Mario Kempes. Very Happy 

No England, but that didn't seem to matter back then - It does now!
1982 mine and although I'm biased still the best one I've seen. Nowadays half the players in the WC play in the Premiership or absolutely in the Champions league so there's no romance anymore. I remember running home to watch Zico, Falcao, Socrates and thinking how can they play like that? David Narey's goal, Italy 3 Brazil 2, Brazil vs. Argentina, Northern Ireland beating Spain, West Germany and Austria stitching up Algeria. That world cup seemed to have it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:06 pm

Well go through, it will be a bit nervy at times but I think we will have enough for a fairly comfortable win, it would take a massive effort and the game of their lives for the Polish to beat us but then stranger things have happened. Early goal needed by us as they will want us not to win.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
That world cup seemed to have it all.
Er, you seem to have forgotten Brian Robson's goal against France, the fastest in WC history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:16 pm

If England don't qualify it'll be a 1-1 draw with England sitting back on a one goal lead and conceding a late goal I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:36 pm

England Can Wait. I'll be watching The Great British Bake Off. Praying for an England win though then I'll jump on the World Cup bandwagon. Fickle me? Yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:38 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:
That world cup seemed to have it all.
Er, you seem to have forgotten Brian Robson's goal against France, the fastest in WC history.
and indeed the mighty Paul Mariner's cool celebration in the same game.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 5:11 pm

A tense affair but through to Brazil

Engerland 2-1 Poland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 5:13 pm

I can forsee all sorts of trouble at tonights game with the amount of Poles attending but at least if they demolish Wembley they should have the necessary skills between them to rebuild it.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Smalling and Carrick for Lamps and Walker, I would rather it was Gerrard who was dumped but I feel that this makes us stronger defensively with little or no loss further up the field.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Easy three nil victory for woys wonder's, i will bet my mug and sticker on it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Smalling and Carrick for Lamps and Walker, I would rather it was Gerrard who was dumped but I feel that this makes us stronger defensively with little or no loss further up the field.
I lose focus and drift off easily when you post but I thought you were a big fan of Lampard and Gerrard playing together scratch 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:56 pm

should win Poland are not that good, according to some Poles
plus all there good players now play for Germany
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Greenjock wrote:

I lose focus and drift off easily when you post but I thought you were a big fan of Lampard and Gerrard playing together scratch 

Take your ritalin and you will find it easier to concentrate, might help with the memory as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Take your ritalin and you will find it easier to concentrate, might help with the memory as well.
So if I trawled through your previous posts I wouldn't find you giving your expert view that everyone else was stupid because Lampard and Gerrard do play well together? I know you said it just not sure which thread but it was about an impending England game recently.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:25 pm

England all over the place defensively!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Greenjock wrote:

So if I trawled through your previous posts I wouldn't find you giving your expert view that everyone else was stupid because Lampard and Gerrard do play well together? I know you said it just not sure which thread but it was about an impending England game recently.

Not in a million fooking years, not here, not on any other site nor if you spent your entire life stood behind me in the pub. Way before the rest of the world caught on I flagged them as a wrong'un, I actually like both of them in the right role, but as a unit they stink.

And wtf is Gerrard doing sending in them fluffy corners when Baines whips in an evil ball from that side?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:32 pm

It's like a home game for the Poles. Shit decision by the FA to sell them so many.

I also take it UEFA will have something to say about the dozens of flares set off by the Polish fans.

#grumpybastardtonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Chances at both ends, blood pressure rising. :shock: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England v Poland.....   England v Poland..... Empty

Back to top Go down

England v Poland.....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next