mouldyoldgoat
Jethro
JonB
Chemical Ali
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:31 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
He's Irish of course he likes drink....

Brian Clough was a drinker...dont see this Janner fascination with football managers going for a pint

brian died as a result of being an alcoholic i couldnt care less if john wants to follow suit its none of my concern.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:21 am

I hope he takes one look at Webb and Newell and tells them to stfu and they're not welcome anywhere near the club.

Unfortunately I reckon Newell will be in there licking his chocolate starfish in no time asking for a signed Irish world cup shirt. "I'm your biggest fan John. Do you like fishing"
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:45 am

Experience? Ability to get loanees in? Able to pull in favours?

We are fecked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:44 am

Noseyparker wrote:
Experience? Ability to get loanees in? Able to pull in favours?

We are fecked

Fletcher would have taken you down. Unfortunately your board have acted quickly and Sheridan should keep you up. Short term though, he won't get you promoted but you need to stabilise first.

Bring back Fletcher
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:50 am

i reckon the board only acted cos brents kids were abused.

is sheridan the new boss or not ? cant find any PROPER confirmation
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:08 am

To be honest I don't care if it's Pilgrim Pete as long as we stay in the league, They were never going to pay Phil Brown the kind of money that he was probably used to, were they?
Slightly underwhelmed - but he's got my support. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:13 am

Lord Aviva wrote:
Good on the abusers then!

pig
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 am

Three positives re Sheridan, he did'nt achieve success 30yrs ago and he should have more names in his diary than Eddie Howe. And (hopefully) he won't drivel on about how Willo, Feeno, Chadders and Pursey worked their socks off.
HAPPY DAYS cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Lord Aviva wrote:

is sheridan the new boss or not ? cant find any PROPER confirmation

I Dont think the herald would print the story if their wasnt some truth behind it otherwise they will look silly....more so
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:48 pm

I have a gut feeling that it won't be Sheridan
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:51 pm

It's been on the BBC and in the Herald that he's set to be appointed. I've never yet known a 'set to be named manager' story in the press not to happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:58 pm

It just seems odd that it's been leaked before any announcement considering Argyle these days is a club consisting solely of propaganda and distortion.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Sheridan was a quality player, scored in the LCup Final as well as against Spain etc for Eire.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Freathy wrote:
It's been on the BBC and in the Herald that he's set to be appointed. I've never yet known a 'set to be named manager' story in the press not to happen.

Maybe another "First in football" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:47 pm

It'll be Chadders as player/manager after the Sheridan smokescreen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:16 pm

After looking at it again rationaly John Sheridan isnt a bad appointment after Keith Hill.

I still firmly believe that Keith is the better of the two and could have done a great job here if he was hired. However, (at least for now till the next time we have this vacancy running) that wont be the case and John Sheirdan is the man after being reconmended to the club by Neil Warnock.

John doesnt have a bad record as a manager sort of a mixed bag with a promotion and a relegation with the same club but ill be prepared to judge him on his time here and unlike the beards and avivas live on a wing and a prayer that he will win the league and a paint trophy here next season becasue he did it with Chesterfield.

His job is a huge one and it starts Monday with the rebuilding of a squad to keep us up and FINALLY push on up the table next season.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Sheridans win ratio is almost 40% compared to clueless' 24%. That'll do for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Chris Errington suggested on the commentary that the managerial appointment may initially be only until the end of the season.
If that is the case it would rule out any applicants whose stock is still reasonably high, including Hill I would think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Bert Large wrote:
Chris Errington suggested on the commentary that the managerial appointment may initially be only until the end of the season.
If that is the case it would rule out any applicants whose stock is still reasonably high, including Hill I would think.

Nothing but ambition from Plymouth Argyle.

So we hire a manager back him jan he keeps us up then he can walk ready for ANOTHER manager to take over!!! this club is backwards...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager   Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Herald announce Sheridan set to be named manager
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3