Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.

Go down 
+4
RegGreen
Grovehill
Mook
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. Empty
PostSubject: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 3:58 pm

Burnley have submitted a bid for Plymouth Argyle winger Morgan Whittaker.

This is according to Fabrizio Romano, who has confirmed that a "formal" offer has been launched, as the Clarets look to build a squad capable of securing promotion at the end of the 2024/25 campaign.

After their thumping win against Luton Town earlier this month, it already looked as though the club had a squad capable of winning the division, not just promotion.

However, a number of talented players have either left since then, or are currently in the process of sealing an exit from Turf Moor.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 4:09 pm

If we flog him we really are setting Rooney up to fail aren't we
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 4:17 pm

Was this in the pipeline when we signed Obafemi on loan?

After the cut price offer Argyle accepted for Cooper, I can see us getting screwed over on Whittaker, something stupid like £2.5 million down plus Obafemi and another Burnley reject, with add ons taking it up to a possible 5 or 6 million.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 4:46 pm

Apparently it was for us to loan him to them with an option to buy if they went up.

Christ
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 5:59 pm

Argyle has rejected the offer
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 6:27 pm

Wouldnt surprise me they come back in with another bid as there got a massive premier league parachute payment burning a whole in their pockets plus the company compo from Bayern Munich they could easily meet the Argyle price .if they really want to
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyWed Aug 28, 2024 6:59 pm

Argo may have rejected this first offer but make no mistake MW is gone. Burnley will come back with an offer to buy now which will be accepted and which will be well below what everyone thinks he's worth. I think it will be somewhere around £3m-£4m absolute tops plus Obafemi.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 10:52 am

This looks like happening. Loan him to Burnley this window for basically f*** all and Burnley decide whether or not they want to keep him at the end of the season. So we off-load our two best players for next to nothing and don't break our transfer fee record this window despite all the bullshit coming from HP.

HALLETT OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 12:01 pm

I think they are buying him, could be wrong
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 3:50 pm

Morgan Whittaker will not be sold by Plymouth Argyle this late in the summer transfer window, Plymouth Live understands.

The 23-year-old talented attacking player has been the subject of speculation about his future all summer, most recently from Championship rivals Burnley, who made an initial loan bid which was immediately rejected by Argyle and the Clarets then returned with an offer for a permanent deal.

However, it is thought Argyle have taken the view there is now not enough time to find an adequate replacement for one of their most important players before tonight's 11pm deadline.

The Pilgrims had always been prepared to consider any offer for Whittaker which met their significant asking price for him, and with enough notice before the transfer window closed, but it has not worked out that way.

Whittaker took part in training with the rest of the Argyle squad at Harper's Park this morning ahead of the Championship match against Stoke City at Home Park tomorrow.

Signed for £1 million from Swansea City in July 2023, Whittaker has gone on to score 30 goals in 85 games for Argyle, most recently his spectacular strike in the 1-1 draw away to Queens Park Rangers last Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 4:42 pm

On their forum, Burnley fans seem VERY keen to sign him. Still think they will come in with a further improved offer. IF (and it's still a very big IF) he does stay it will only be until January.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 5:34 pm

Freathy wrote:
On their forum, Burnley fans seem VERY keen to sign him.  Still think they will come in with a further improved offer.  IF (and it's still a very big IF) he does stay it will only be until January.

Looks like they've got someone else;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 6:12 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Morgan Whittaker will not be sold by Plymouth Argyle this late in the summer transfer window, Plymouth Live understands.

The 23-year-old talented attacking player has been the subject of speculation about his future all summer, most recently from Championship rivals Burnley, who made an initial loan bid which was immediately rejected by Argyle and the Clarets then returned with an offer for a permanent deal.

However, it is thought Argyle have taken the view there is now not enough time to find an adequate replacement for one of their most important players before tonight's 11pm deadline.

The Pilgrims had always been prepared to consider any offer for Whittaker which met their significant asking price for him, and with enough notice before the transfer window closed, but it has not worked out that way.

Whittaker took part in training with the rest of the Argyle squad at Harper's Park this morning ahead of the Championship match against Stoke City at Home Park tomorrow.

Signed for £1 million from Swansea City in July 2023, Whittaker has gone on to score 30 goals in 85 games for Argyle, most recently his spectacular strike in the 1-1 draw away to Queens Park Rangers last Saturday.
not time to find a adequate replacement that’s bollox they had the whole summer to find one they clearly knew there be interest same with the cooper you’d have thought they would have lined up targets at least 2-3 months prior like most professional football clubs would do but not us we leave it till the last day
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 8:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 9:11 am

He wants to play at a higher level. That rules Rangers out then lol etc.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 10:22 am

Ferzackerly!

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 3:00 pm

The reality is that no Premiership Club put in a bid in either of the last two transfer windows when he had just had/was having an exceptional season.

Unless he repeats that sort of form this season(which looks unlikely) I can't see a "big" Club being interested.

I suspect that he isn't considered to have the right temperament for football at the highest level.

Frankly, I'm more worried about (again) losing loan players in January.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 6:53 pm

Grovehill wrote:
The reality is that no Premiership Club put in a bid  in either of the last two transfer windows when he had just had/was having an exceptional season.

Unless he repeats that sort of form this season(which looks unlikely) I can't see a "big" Club being interested.

I suspect that he isn't considered to have the right temperament for football at the highest level.

If the player is any good, a season long loan means half season loan in reality. I don't know if international loan rules are the same as domestic loans but if they are I really can't see Cissoko being here for the run-in.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 8:51 pm

Freathy wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
The reality is that no Premiership Club put in a bid  in either of the last two transfer windows when he had just had/was having an exceptional season.

If the player is any good, a season long loan means half season loan in reality. I don't know if international loan rules are the same as domestic loans but if they are I really can't see Cissoko being here for the run-in.
hmm I wonder if there’s a obligation to buy in the deal ? Hallet would probably shit his pants like he did with Azaz when we had first option there
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 8:59 pm

RegGreen wrote:

hmm I wonder if there’s a obligation to buy in the deal ? Hallet would probably shit his pants like he did with Azaz when we had first option there

I think you mean is there an option to buy - there isn't.

..and Hallett didn't shit his pants. Even if we could afford the transfer fee. The money wasn't/isn't there to pay Azaz's wages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.   Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker. Empty

Back to top Go down

Burnley have submitted a bid Morgan Whittaker.
Page 1 of 1