Freathy
Greenskin
Tgwu
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Is Whittaker on the way out Empty
PostSubject: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyThu Jul 04, 2024 6:17 pm

Wolves and Brentford are battling to sign Plymouth Argyle star Morgan Whittaker this summer, sources have told Football Insider.

Lazio, Celta Vigo and Stuttgart are also in the race for the winger, with the Championship club valuing him at around £15million.

Whittaker was one of Plymouth’s standout performers in the second tier last season, having registered 20 goals and nine assists in 50 appearances.

Lazio have held a long-term interest in the 23-year-old after the Serie A giants tried to sign him in January this year.

The former England youth international is under contract at Home Park until 2027.

Wolves and Brentford looking to land Morgan Whittaker deal

Whittaker has spent the best part of the past two years with Plymouth after initially joining the club on loan in the summer of 2022.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyThu Jul 04, 2024 9:30 pm

Did i dream it but did Morgan not have a falling out with Rooney at Derby?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyThu Jul 04, 2024 10:11 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Only seen internet talk of a supposed falling out so don't know how true it is
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyFri Jul 05, 2024 7:41 am

I really hope he stays but if MW does go then it has to be for serious £££. The supposed £15m price tag should hopefully put off the likes of schumacher making an approach offering £1.5m plus some shite stoke player into the deal. If he is going he needs to go now so we have plenty of time to use the £ to bring in good Championship standard players.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 1:15 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Not a falling out as such. Morgan’s missus - who likes the sound of her own voice/keyboard on social media - moaned that Rooney brought MW on as a sub, then subbed him off later in the game.

Whittaker needs to go. Not because he hasn’t been a revelation for us, but because Argyle will not realistically be able to compete with all the clubs courting him, and we can basically build a squad with the cash he brings in.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 1:46 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Not a falling out as such. Morgan’s missus - who likes the sound of her own voice/keyboard on social media - moaned that Rooney brought MW on as a sub, then subbed him off later in the game.

Whittaker needs to go. Not because he hasn’t been a revelation for us, but because Argyle will not realistically be able to compete with all the clubs courting him, and we can basically build a squad with the cash he brings in.[i]
[/

But that never happens-Selling the jewels you find never pays off. Look at Mariner & Gosling, rather than signal the start of a golden era, both sales triggered a decline.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 2:44 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Whittaker needs to go. Not because he hasn’t been a revelation for us, but because Argyle will not realistically be able to compete with all the clubs courting him, and we can basically build a squad with the cash he brings in.[i]
[/

But that never happens-Selling the jewels you find never pays off. Look at Mariner & Gosling, rather than signal the start of a golden era, both sales triggered a decline.

You’re correct if you have the mindset that what’s happened historically, will always 100% happen again. But thats another debate.

If by the unlikeliest of miracles, we hold off bids from Prem SerieA and Bundesliga clubs, then we are pinning our hopes on Whittaker repeating the same worldie season he had last year. How likely is that, without Azaz feeding him? Judging by the last 3 months of it, I’d say that is highly unlikely as teams worked out how to nullify his threat.

Let’s be realistic, our squad last year wasn’t strong enough collectively. Without Whittakers goals and assists, we are basically Rotherham. So as unpalatable as it is, £15m can buy you quality in multiple positions and give us parity with s lot of teams all over the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 4:11 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

[/

You’re correct if you have the mindset that what’s happened historically, will always 100% happen again. But thats another debate.

If by the unlikeliest of miracles, we hold off bids from Prem SerieA and Bundesliga clubs, then we are pinning our hopes on Whittaker repeating the same worldie season he had last year. How likely is that, without Azaz feeding him? Judging by the last 3 months of it, I’d say that is highly unlikely as teams worked out how to nullify his threat.

Let’s be realistic, our squad last year wasn’t strong enough collectively. Without Whittakers goals and assists, we are basically Rotherham. So as unpalatable as it is, £15m can buy you quality in multiple positions and give us parity with s lot of teams all over the pitch.

Say if Cooper goes for a decent fee,would you still recommend Whittakers departure?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptySat Jul 06, 2024 5:00 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

[/

Say if Cooper goes for a decent fee,would you still recommend Whittakers departure?
I can’t see em getting anythink like they would have got for Cooper now after the double knee injury ..nothing like the number that was being banded about before the injury so I wouldn’t rely on the fee being as big now though!
MM you’ve got 2 options you either build a team around him with some decent championship quality players around him or you sell him and put the whole lot in the transfer budget and build decent team not this getting L1/L2 type players they normally get in other than loans be nice for a change someone showed some kind of ambition for a change
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 4:00 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

[/

I think in terms of getting the most cash possible to rebuild the whole squad, yeah I very much doubt his value will rise any further. And just being realistic, we aren’t in any position to successfully hold off multiple bids from top flight teams in England Germany and Italy.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 12:12 pm

On the other hand though we did sell for say 15 to 20mill
I can’t see hallett investing it all in the team you watch he will invest as little as possible that they can possibly get away with you watch and it will still be lower end type of quality of player not what other championship clubs are buying and along with maxing out the loan market as well ..if that does turn out to be the case ..then the fans are untitled to have absolute scream up
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 2:12 pm

If Clubs were seriously interested in MW, surely they'd have tried to sign him in January which as far as we know they didn't. Since January he certainly hasn't been looking like a £10 million+ player.

The second half of the season showed up the weaknesses in his game-he certainly doesn't "press" or track back which is a pre requisite for a Premier League player. I also think it's fairly clear that MW doesn't have the right mental attitude to play in the Premiership.

Lets not forget that less than 18 months ago he couldn't get a game for Russell Martin's Swansea. I would suggest that as Martin got Southampton promoted, he might well be a fair judge of a player.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 6:22 pm

Grovehill wrote:
If Clubs were seriously interested in MW, surely they'd have tried to sign him in January which as far as we know they didn't. Since January he certainly hasn't been looking like a £10 million+ player.

The second half of the season showed up the weaknesses in his game-he certainly doesn't "press" or track back which is a pre requisite for a Premier League player. I also think it's fairly clear that MW doesn't have the right mental attitude to play in the Premiership.

Lets not forget that less than 18 months ago he couldn't get a game for Russell Martin's Swansea. I would suggest that as Martin got Southampton promoted, he might well be a fair judge of a player.

That’s not the most convincing evidence ever used, given Martin basically gave Whittaker away for a million. That player then went on to prove himself to be one of the top players in the division, in a struggling team.

Also getting a team with Southamptons financial clout promoted via the playoffs isn’t exactly a world beating feat.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyFri Jul 19, 2024 11:40 am

From the mouth of boys Shocked Whittaker was going to sign for Wolves yesterday but the deal fell through at their end for one of their player.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyFri Jul 19, 2024 11:09 pm

Morgan Whittaker back on Rangers radar as Philippe Clement reignites interest in Plymouth star
The Gers are set to make an improved bid for Morgan Whittaker after seeing an initial offer rejected by Plymouth Argyle, with the winger keen on a move to Ibrox

The Light Blues have had an initial bid turned down by Plymouth Argyle. The rejected offer, with add-ons, would have been in excess of £7 million, if the additional extras had been triggered. The Ibrox side is still very much in the hunt and are expected to go back in with an improved bid. New boss Wayne Rooney is keen to keep Whittaker but is also aware the player wants to make the move to Scotland.

The winger netted an impressive 18 goals for Plymouth in the Championship last season and was a major player in keeping them up. He moved to Plymouth permanently last summer after a successful loan. Rangers first tried to get the 23-year-old under Michael Beale, but multiple bids were turned down by Swansea City at that point. He is back on the radar under current boss
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptySat Jul 20, 2024 8:29 am

FFS Whittaker just go if you 're going
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptySun Jul 21, 2024 7:04 pm

Why the feck would he want to go to Scotland? It’s not as if it’s a top level league there when there are Premier, German and Italian clubs interested in him!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptySun Jul 21, 2024 8:49 pm

Maybe his missus likes Haggis.

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 11:11 pm

The Morgan Whittaker Rangers transfer domino that must fall as second bid knocked back by Plymouth

The winger is back on the Gers' wishlist but Argyle want double figures for the player

Rangers have had a second bid for Morgan Whittaker knocked back by Plymouth Argyle as they've been told the asking price.

The Ibrox club moved for the winger earlier this month after reigniting their interest in the player. An initial bid was officially tabled but turfed out. Football Scotland understands Gers went back in with a second offer last week but that, too, was rejected. The Pilgrims want closer to £10million for the wide man who hit 18 goals for them in the Championship last season.

The Light Blues are unlikely to get close to that fee but with add-ons and additional extras being triggered could put together a more convincing package.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 11:12 pm

Rangers have had a second bid for Morgan Whittaker knocked back by Plymouth Argyle as they've been told the asking price.

The Ibrox club moved for the winger earlier this month after reigniting their interest in the player. An initial bid was officially tabled but turfed out. Football Scotland understands Gers went back in with a second offer last week but that, too, was rejected. The Pilgrims want closer to £10million for the wide man who hit 18 goals for them in the Championship last season.

The Light Blues are unlikely to get close to that fee but with add-ons and additional extras being triggered could put together a more convincing package.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 7:48 am

Rangers are only offering crap terms for MW as they know it's Argo they're dealing with. No other Championship club would sell a 18 goal player with years left on their contract for less that £20 million. Rangers have no more transfer budget than an average Championship club (not Argo obvs) and wouldn't even approach any other club at this level with such a derisory offer. They know Hallett will eventually accept their shit offer.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 12:16 pm

It could be all bollox though after speaking to a couple of Rangers fans I know and there puzzled as to where there getting that kind of money from there telling me there skint ..so either that or it’s a real shit offer
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 1:57 pm

Can't see us getting an 8 figure fee for MW

Ismael Sarr a full Senegalese international with 3 years PL experience is rumoured to be values at £!2 million while ex Rangers winger Ryan Kent is said to be on Leeds Utd wish list at £2.5 million.

To be brutally honest MW has only had a good half season to his name-his form in the second half of the season was average at best.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 4:54 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Can't see us getting an 8 figure fee for MW

Ismael Sarr a full Senegalese international with 3 years PL experience is rumoured to be values at £!2 million while ex Rangers winger Ryan Kent is said to be on Leeds Utd wish list at £2.5 million.

To be brutally honest MW has only had a good half season to his name-his form in the second half of the season was average at best.
Tbh his form went west soon as Azaz left he ain’t been the same player since he left either maybe Azaz made him look a better player than he is we had a similar situation years ago when Alessandra left the club Ruben Ried went shit …still think it was absolutely criminal letting go him go specially when we had first option as well
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out EmptySat Aug 03, 2024 10:42 pm

Leeds United target £10 million Championship winger to replace Crysencio Summerville

Leeds also put the winger position on the priority list. Among the players in the market, The Whites have decided to pursue Plymouth Argyle winger Morgan Whittaker. According to Football Scotland, the Englishman is priced at £10 million by Wayne Rooney’s side.

This can be a great bargain for the West Yorkshire side as they’ll save £15 million for Summerville’s replacement. Gnonto’s possible sale might also add to their transfer budget which they could use to improve squad depth. The sale of both wingers might get around £50 million in transfer fees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Whittaker on the way out   Is Whittaker on the way out Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Whittaker on the way out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next