Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.

Go down 
+11
Grovehill
PlymptonPilgrim
lawnmowerman
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
Rickler
Tringreen
Mr President
Mock Cuncher
Sir Francis Drake
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:15 pm

That is, of course, your choice Chris. The mod team has bent over backwards to try and assist you in dealing with the problem. if you have an issue with one of the moderators, then you can easily by-pass that problem by sending your IP address to me - text it across and I'll deal with it. Unless of course you aren't prepared to trust any of us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:27 pm

You have a problem with me?

Because I suggested you were less than honourable because you refused to supply your IP address?

Don't forget it was you that asked for our help, not the other way round. You really are full of your own self importance aren't you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Chris, can you categorically deny any involvement with any abuse or potential abuse of ATD, a Plymouth Argyle fans forum that invites free debate, discussion and question regarding PAFC , PAFC owners and PAFC financial funding etc?

I ask only Chris so that you can clear any suggestion that this maybe the case and assist you in gaining the confidence of the fans that use ATD and that in no way is/was your intention to sabotage any debate that appeared unfavourable to your friend, club owner and the person that gifted you the title of President, James Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:16 pm

GOB, save your energy mate.

Chris Webb is not going to supply his IP address because it would prove beyond any doubt that he has been up to no good. This would damage his standing with all his 'friends' on Pasoti and with PAFC.

I cannot understand what his problem with me is, but if he wants to supply another mod with the IP then that's fine. As far as I can tell, he won't supply me because I have suggested he was up to no good. Odd that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:51 pm

maybe some are tiring of trying to sort something out,

theres more to life than argyle but a simple commuique to let someone know youre off line for a bit (no need to give a reason) may have been a better way to go about things.......................

take the 'olive branch' offered chris..............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Cerbera wrote:

Chris Webb is not going to supply his IP address because it would prove beyond any doubt that he has been up to no good. This would damage his standing with all his 'friends' on Pasoti and with PAFC.

I cannot understand what his problem with me is, but if he wants to supply another mod with the IP then that's fine. As far as I can tell, he won't supply me because I have suggested he was up to no good. Odd that. Very Happy

I know where you are coming from Cerb but for Chris's own sake he should come clean or risk all sorts of speculation with regards to his character and decision making.

It's a very simple thing for Chris to do and is asking very little.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Greenman wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Because I suggested you were less than honourable because you refused to supply your IP address?

Don't forget it was you that asked for our help, not the other way round. You really are full of your own self importance aren't you?

"Suggested that the President was less than honourable". lol! You called him a "Disgraceful liar and troublemaker"!
No wonder he has a problem with you.

Some things to bear in mind:

1) Chris approached us about the problem he was having logging on. He's the one asking us to post on his behalf because he's unable to.

2) Chris had said that he would pass his IP address to us, and get it to us over LAST weekend. Had he done that, Cerb's comments would have been rendered superfluous.

3) I don't think we, as a moderating team, could have done more to help. I gave Chris a website address that would have told him his IP immediately; all he had to do then was text me the number. Again, had he done this at the time he said he was going to (LAST weekend), Cerb's comments would not have been made. And the problem would have been sorted days ago. It wouldn't have taken a lot of effort on Chris's part. Click a link and text me the IP number. 1 minute, tops.

4) Although I know Chris, we have our disagreements. However I've never done anything that would justify him labelling me as untrustworthy. certainly by comparison to certain moderators on pasoti, we're the souls of discretion on here - you won't find us publishing PM's from users without their permission, or making public their email addresses. He could still text me his IP so I can investigate this 'ban' and sort out the problem. The fact that he has procrastinated about this, and now seems to be using the excuse of not trusting one of the moderating team is in my view very weak.. It is Chris that was concerned about the ban. We have tried to help. He seems not to want us to help. As long as he doesn't start bleating that he's 'Banned from ATD' or any such nonsense, or uses the problems with his IP as an excuse not to post the same updates on here that he shares with pasoti, then, to coin a phrase, I'm out.

Is it any surprise that some are now wondering 'What has he got to hide?'

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:23 pm

What a shining wit you are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
What a shining wit you are.

Love the spoonerism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:45 pm

What exactly has trust got to do with handing over IP details?

An IP's just a unique identifier for a computer. It doesn't give anybody access to your bank details, or emails, or anything else. You can't do anything with it.

Except, of course, find out why it's been banned and rectify it. If necessary and appropriate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Greenman wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

"Suggested that the President was less than honourable". lol! You called him a "Disgraceful liar and troublemaker"!
No wonder he has a problem with you.

Read my post again. I said perhaps the reason he won't reveal his IP address is because it would show him to be a disgraceful liar and troublemaker. That is a long way from calling him a disgraceful liar and troublemaker.

Now get down off your high horse, you'll get a nosebleed from the altitude.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Cerbera wrote:

I know I made fun of all this earlier but I do think the timing of this is significant and that is to do about a possible Q & A session with Mr Brent. Some people are worried that if it happens Mr B will see that this site is not full of freaks and weidos that he has been told, but has fans who have long voiced their concerns about how the club has been run over the last few of years. Fans that care about PAFC and are worried about where the club is going in terms of league as well as finances. People who are worried about the liabilities that the club has after administration and for the future.

Cerbera I think you are wrong in one part of your post. If it came out that he has been up to no good then his standing on pasoti would not be damaged, he would be seen as some sort of hero carrying on the fight for Argyle against the forum who they see as an enemy of the club and must be eliminated at all costs. The damage would be if it got into the public domain and was picked up by the local media and Mr Brent.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:12 am

As far as I see it, if the ATD mods have a number of IP addresses that are blocked because of multi accounts and Mr P's is blocked and it is not one of the spam ones then he must have been up to no good. Simples!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:15 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
As far as I see it, if the ATD mods have a number of IP addresses that are blocked because of multi accounts and Mr P's is blocked and it is not one of the spam ones then he must have been up to no good. Simples!

How very dare you ! lol!

ps I miss Ponty
Back to top Go down
katman

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:18 pm

Seems as though i've upset a few people on that other site.
A few weeks ago,Webb said that the Dockyard was in it's death throes.
Well,i posted that over there and now i'm getting stick(nothing unusual)
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:37 pm

katman wrote:
Seems as though i've upset a few people on that other site.
A few weeks ago,Webb said that the Dockyard was in it's death throes.
Well,i posted that over there and now i'm getting stick(nothing unusual)

I think you're on the 'allowed to be bullied' list on the other site. I see your name change hasn't worked- I guess you were 'outed' by the usual mod (as I and several others were). I would stick with us 'freaks and weirdos'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Mr P. wrote 'I trust that clears it up'.

It certainly does, unfortunately for you, it makes things perfectly clear in the opposite way than the one you hoped. It makes it perfectly clear that you are a slippery operator, maybe as a result of close contact with the greasy pole you have proved so adept at climbing. It's also pretty clear that the idea of handing over your IP address got you in quite a flap; now you have found an excuse not to do so. I hope for your sake that the excuse sounds convincing to your ears, 'cos it won't to many others.

And now it's the usual line of 'I don't like the way this is shaping, I'm getting out of here', with the habitual attempt to claim the moral high ground. Well, if you had been straight in the first place, Mr P., then this whole sorry affair could have been over pretty quickly.

It certainly clears one thing up for me: you are not the appropriate person to be President.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Just trying to be helpful to the mods by bumping this thread incase Mr President has forgotten to supply his IP address...

lol! jocolor affraid clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:26 pm

lol! lol! This is worth two bumps! lol! lol!

Cracking post Charleymouse!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:33 pm

To be fair to Chris, he may have forgotten about supplying his IP address, or forgotten how to obtain it so it can be looked into. It's not as if anyone has jogged his memory about it much is it?

So just thought I would bump this up in case he checks in and this reminds him cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:53 am

Fair minded points Jock, we should make sure this is bumped to assist the unfortunate president.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:00 pm

I stand behind the president and bump this thread in support of him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:56 am

As the President has posted a new update I guess he must've missed this thread as it wasn't bumped so bump.

MR PRESIDENT YOU FORGOT TO PROVIDE THE MODS WITH YOUR IP ADDRESS TO ENABLE YOU TO POST FROM HOME
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 10:05 am

Yea Man wrote:
As the President has posted a new update I guess he must've missed this thread as it wasn't bumped so bump.

MR PRESIDENT YOU FORGOT TO PROVIDE THE MODS WITH YOUR IP ADDRESS TO ENABLE YOU TO POST FROM HOME

As I posted a new thread you may have not realised that I no longer 'banned' from ATD. I feel as if a massive weight has been lifted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 10:08 am

Mr President wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

As I posted a new thread you may have not realised that I no longer 'banned' from ATD. I feel as if a massive weight has been lifted.

It was hard keeping up as you were able to post from one place and not another.

I can now sleep at night Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.   IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

IP Addresses, Bannings, and Mr President.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next