Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+23
Freathy
Hugh Midde
VillageGreen
Rickler
PlymptonPilgrim
Greenskin
zyph
Tgwu
Elias
Greenlander
Jim and Wilson
SimonMann52
Tringreen
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
PatDunne
Czarcasm
Dog Bone Malone
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
seadog
PAFCJosh
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 11:41 am

Only another five years to go!

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 12:14 pm

The two that lost the PM title due to Brexit speak
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 1:18 pm

They have feck all to say that I am interested in.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 5:37 pm

Allowing EU fishing vessels to carry on as normal in UK waters for the next 5 and a half years is a bit disappointing. They’re going to rake the tits out of that one, unless they have certain quotas also? I don’t know. Seadog....can they catch what they want, or are they limited to what they can keep?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 5:48 pm

Beam trawlers kill what they don't catch and destroy the sea bed, letting them up to 6 miles off the coast is not good news for stocks or habitat.

Hurrah!

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 9:43 pm

The only beam trawlers allowed between the six & twelve mile limits are so-called Euro-Cutter class, boats under 24m in length & under 221kw engine power.
Most EU beamers that fish around the UK ( Dutch or Belgian) are bigger than this so will fish outside the twelve mile limit.
Some Dutch pulse beamers fish with controversial & now outlawed electrical gear, mainly off the Thames estuary, killing everything their gear touches with electric shocks.
A much bigger problem locally are large French stern trawlers that hammer the Cornish grounds year round, up to our six mile limit.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 10:28 pm

We need to get the three mile limit back and expand the no take conservation zones.

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 8:53 am

What's clear is that something has to change. Fish stocks have crashed in my lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 26, 2020 9:51 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
What's clear is that something has to change. Fish stocks have crashed in my lifetime.
Quite right Ears.
I think much of the reason for this is improved efficiency & gear technology.
A modern 10m boat has the same fishing capability of an 18 or 20 metre boat of forty years ago, & can operate with a fraction of the crew.
Although there are far fewer boats nowadays, the fishing effort is probably greater.
A huge number of  boats, both here & abroad also abuse their stated engine power, giving them far greater fishing capability.
Not uncommon for a boat licensed for 300hp to have an engine capable of delivering 600 or even 800hp
Everyone knows it happens but the authorities seem to ignore it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 11:47 am

You’d have thought Harve would be celebrating these FTSE moves... sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 2:52 pm

Deal passed in commons - 521 to 73. So much for the Welsh/ Scots/ NI/ labour/ green plot to stop the deal.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 2:56 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Deal passed in commons - 521 to 73. So much for the Welsh/ Scots/ NI/ labour/ green plot to stop the deal.

Despite them all claiming for four and half years that what they would oppose come hell or high water was no deal yet when they have a deal they oppose it? What is it that they really want?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 2:58 pm

Funny watching the debate seeing Gove absolutely destroying Starmer who must have taken his Methadone early today and just sat their like he was monged out.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:37 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Funny watching the debate seeing Gove absolutely destroying Starmer who must have taken his Methadone early today and just sat their like he was monged out.

It doesn’t matter what Gove says, he’s still got a face that needs punching so badly.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:42 pm

At least all our fishermen are happy now, what a deal! The French are cowering in port, tails between their legs.

God bless brave sir Boris, our very own Churchill.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:45 pm

Seamless, tariff free trade, we are the luckiest ethnic minority ever to have such a born negotiator in charge.

The agreement makes Art of the Deal look like ghost written shite.

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 9:17 pm

Good to see Her Majesty's loyal opposition voting in support of our government.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 9:18 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

cheers
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 12:10 am

PatDunne wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

cheers

Not sure about methadone but certainly abusing the brylcreem.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 6:14 pm

HMS Tamar and HMS Tyne has been sent out on Fishery Protection duty today, they have joined up with Ocean Osprey patrolling the English Channel. HMS Mersey is moving into the channel but not classed as Fishery Protection. Do not know where Seadog is?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 11:27 am

On the sofa, now the French boats are allowed to fish up to the 6 mile limit the RN is needed to protect them from interference from English boats.

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 11:40 am

seadog wrote:
On the sofa, now the French boats are allowed to fish up to the 6 mile limit the RN is needed to protect them from interference from English boats.

HMS  Mersey has joined the Fishery Protection Fleet, There are three vessels  patrolling between Mullion Cove and Salcombe

PS, HMS Severn has jointed in now and moved to an area just off Brixham. Four Fishery boats patrolling in our area.

Last edited by Tgwu on Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 12:02 pm

When I went into town I nearly shat myself seeing a lorry parked in Tavistock! FFS is this the end of the queue for the port of Dover, I wondered? It was with immense relief that I realised they were just delivering more food to the COOP.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 12:18 pm

cheers
Earwegoagain wrote:
When I went into town I nearly shat myself seeing a lorry parked in Tavistock! FFS is this the end of the queue for the port of Dover, I wondered? It was with immense relief that I realised they were just delivering more food to the COOP.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 12:45 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next