zyph
mouldyoldgoat
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 1:13 am

The 2 returning officers in Wrexham get my vote!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 5:04 am

See ya Tweeeeza, and you Colville. Sling your hooks
Serve you both right

bounce cheers laugh parteeeeee
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 7:19 am

What a pleasant post.
Enjoy your muesli.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 7:43 am

Corbyn has played a blinder what with the free tuition bit. Whether he can deliver on it is another matter. Certainly helped the university cities. At the same time May was u turning on social care. Big mistake.
The young have revenged the Brexit vote through the use of social media. With the press losing influence in the coming years it will surely play into Labour's hands.
Probably another election coming up before the year's out.  
Brenda from Bristol will be pleased.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 7:55 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
hung parliament nailed on coming up but for which leader 50/50 and for jezza if he takes number 10 the biggest political turnaround ever

ahem.....I'll take my winnings in Whisky tokens ! pity it was only £50 at 7/2, went out to 9/2 after polling closed as well
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 7:57 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Corbyn has played a blinder what with the free tuition bit. Whether he can deliver on it is another matter. Certainly helped the university cities. At the same time May was u turning on social care. Big mistake.
The young have revenged the Brexit vote through the use of social media. With the press losing influence in the coming years it will surely play into Labour's hands.
Probably another election coming up before the year's out.  
Brenda from Bristol will be pleased.

nailed on..... Thumbs Thumbs
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 8:00 am

Top work from luke pollard......I posted on his timeline Wednesday about the despicable corrupt Colville and his handling over my proof of police perverting the course of justice against me.....never expected luke to leave it there despite him commenting "thanks for support Paul"....he did

This has made my year make no mistake
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 9:32 am

All modern Tory leaders get fecked over by Europe in the end. All of them.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 9:46 am

This will be the biggest and easiest pointer to popular opinion that I can remember. A huge wake up call to the Tories but they couldn't have it pointed out to them any clearer what people think.

However completely unelectable Corbyn is personally, two or three of his marquee bullet point manifesto pledges delivered big Labour gains, despite him being leader.

It is crystal clear that if the Tories act on those couple of key Labour bullet points, then a big Tory majority will be there for the taking next time.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 9:48 am

Could've been worse, thank the good lord for 'special' agent Abbott geek
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 10:33 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
All modern Tory leaders get fecked over by Europe in the end. All of them.

You can argue that May called the election in the first place because of the desire to get a stronger mandate on the European issue but it certainly wasn't the cause of their snatching a narrow victory from the jaws of a landslide. That was caused by the Tories running one of the most disastrous car crash campaigns in history, littered with contradictions, confusions and personality malfunction. There seems to be a fair amount of back slapping for Corbyn but the real question for Labour is why they didn't take advantage of such a terrible opponent and actually win this election rather than trailing by 40 seats or whatever the margin may be. Freathy called it right last week-the lack of credibility on show from both sides was alarming and bodes ill for the future leadership of the country no matter what the colour of the party.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 11:20 am

JC is the new PM - HAPPY DAYS
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Labour knocked on my door yesterday (there were s...loads of them on the door to door thing) and asked if they could count on my vote. I said that I normally vote for Labour, but not this time though as I will abstain. The Labour chap said "don't you like our policies", I replied that I don't like or trust Corbyn. I went on to say he is too left-wing and will ruin the country. The Labour chap got well narked with that and went to the house next door.

Do you like Theresa May's policies (whatever they are this week) because that's what we're all going to be getting?

Had Labour had a different leader (not so left-wing and had viable policies) , I would have voted for them.

Regarding May, she and the DUP will form a pact so the Tories can govern and the future of that is so uncertain. Could another election be called for in the autumn, pundits think it could. Should that scenario actually happen, I would expect another close call.

The next few weeks and months are going to be very hectic and fraught with chaotic debate and dodgy deals galore. Some are saying a political pact with the DUP would be very dangerous ?.

Where will all this leave the Brexit negotiations ?.

Re-Edited

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 2:23 pm

I'll check out next weeks policies....see if I like them better.... laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 2:43 pm

there will be another election inside 12 months. May has proven during this campaign that she is a weak and insecure leader and certainly not someone who could get a discount at DFS let alone a good Brexit deal. Her gamble failed and her attitude during the campaign probably cost her votes too not to mention her flip flopping with policies. DUP will ruffle too many feathers on both sides leading to chaos.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 3:04 pm

German MEP, Elmar Brok, speaks after chaotic UK election
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Angry wrote:
there will be another election inside 12 months. May has proven during this campaign that she is a weak and insecure leader and certainly not someone who could get a discount at DFS let alone a good Brexit deal. Her gamble failed and her attitude during the campaign probably cost her votes too not to mention her flip flopping with policies. DUP will ruffle too many feathers on both sides leading to chaos.

Lord Mandleson has echoed the dangers of a DUP prop up.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Labour knocked on my door yesterday (there were s...loads of them on the door to door thing) and asked if they could count on my vote. I said that I normally vote for Labour, but not this time though as I will abstain. The Labour chap said "don't you like our policies", I replied that I don't like or trust Corbyn. I went on to say he is too left-wing and will ruin the country. The Labour chap got well narked with that and went to the house next door.

Do you like Theresa May's policies (whatever they are this week) because that's what we're all going to be getting?

Both parties have iffy policies, with May shooting herself in the foot announcing the intended social care programme.

Having said that, one or two Labour policies could have been viable had they won the election. As it is, we now have to face a Tory/DUP pact to see a government crack on with things. Where that eventually ends up is anyone's guess.

Should another election be called within the next few months or more, another close call would be on the cards I assume. Labour would stick with the policies they have, but the Tories would probably have to look at theirs again.

Re-Edited

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Wait a minute, JC said Labour had won, yet he's not PM? VERY CONFUSING......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 4:23 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Had Labour had a different leader (not so left-wing and had viable policies) , I would have voted for them.

The above has to be the ATD quote of the week  Razz  I would have voted for them if I agreed with them. God bless the corpulent middle.
It was the left wing policies that helped attract folk, but there's just no telling some.
Have to laugh that the armchairs are still thinking Corbyn is unelectable LOL. He's a darn sight more electable from now on than May or Johnson, but the naivety of old heads continue to miss what's actually going on, of which Brexit was a part. The world is polarising.
It's a movement, a momentum if you like, it takes time for left wing policies to gain credence after 40 years of crap centre/centre right politics and mass media propaganda that has intentionally rendered an open goal for the global rich at the expense of the huge majority of people everywhere. Things are changing, the internet is at the heart of it, but of  course, if things really get interesting in the next few years, those behind the power will cheerfully up the anti and get nasty. Revolutions don't happen through the ballot box and a cup of tea.

Great to see the young involved at last, and I guess Brexit was a wake up call for them. I have to say, wherever I have gone, be it train, bus, pub, out and about, I have overheard nothing but energy and praise for Corbyn and McDonnell, especially the young, so I am not surprised at the growing support at all. The anti Corbyn guessing game resides in the suburbs where people don't get out much and rest on their laurels and brown wheelie bins.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 5:22 pm

Geddon Beez, what a short memory you have. A few months ago the biggest anti-Corbyn movement consisted of his own elected Labour Party colleagues. And as for McDonnell, anyone who knows his history and is comfortable with it, is a CNUT. clown
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 5:55 pm

beesrus wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

The above has to be the ATD quote of the week  Razz  I would have voted for them if I agreed with them. God bless the corpulent middle.
It was the left wing policies that helped attract folk, but there's just no telling some.
Have to laugh that the armchairs are still thinking Corbyn is unelectable LOL. He's a darn sight more electable from now on than May or Johnson, but the naivety of old heads continue to miss what's actually going on, of which Brexit was a part. The world is polarising.
It's a movement, a momentum if you like, it takes time for left wing policies to gain credence after 40 years of crap centre/centre right politics and mass media propaganda that has intentionally rendered an open goal for the global rich at the expense of the huge majority of people everywhere. Things are changing, the internet is at the heart of it, but of  course, if things really get interesting in the next few years, those behind the power will cheerfully up the anti and get nasty. Revolutions don't happen through the ballot box and a cup of tea.

Great to see the young involved at last, and I guess Brexit was a wake up call for them. I have to say, wherever I have gone, be it train, bus, pub, out and about, I have overheard nothing but energy and praise for Corbyn and McDonnell, especially the young, so I am not surprised at the growing support at all. The anti Corbyn guessing game resides in the suburbs where people don't get out much and rest on their laurels and brown wheelie bins.

I was once a part of the left (I was a member of the SWP) , but I felt that what the left was calling for was unattainable and would probably push the country to the brink. I soul searched long and hard and decided to end my membership of the SWP and move away from the left.

I did agree with the Labour idea of bringing back certain areas of business back into the public arena though, Network Rail and utilities.

Corbyn will probably remain as Labour leader for the fight to the next election, whether that is in weeks, months or years. But should he see another defeat, his time as Labour leader has to end and be replaced with someone who can get a victory.

Finally, should the Tories and DUP not form a pact to govern or it all goes tits up in the coming weeks, months or years, would Labour get a crack at trying to govern with the help of others or would they have to endure the rigours of another election ?. Corbyn has said that Labour are ready to govern if the Tories can't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 6:36 pm

It isn't just about Corbyn. Forget left and right, it is about huge social shifts and technological revolution bound up in globalisation and mobility of capital and labour that cannot be stopped, short of all out war.
He's doing a good job and is getting the support of kids. He hasn't suddenly risen from the grass roots for no reason. He's just a symptom of underlying unsatisfied demand and anger. And opposite we have , or used to have  Laughing , Oliver Colville , parachuted into god forsaken Plymouth out of the past from some wealthy grassy knoll without a clue about anything, dreaming of being carried in a sedan chair with a fan, 18th century wig and pomander. The system has to evolve with balance in mind, or it will end up just like the Greek libraries.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 7:11 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

I was once a part of the left (I was a member of the SWP) , but I felt that what the left was calling for was unattainable and would probably push the country to the brink. I soul searched long and hard and decided to end my membership of the SWP and move away from the left.

I did agree with the Labour idea of bringing back certain areas of business back into the public arena though, Network Rail and utilities.

Corbyn will probably remain as Labour leader for the fight to the next election, whether that is in weeks, months or years. But should he see another defeat, his time as Labour leader has to end and be replaced with someone who can get a victory.

Finally, should the Tories and DUP not form a pact to govern or it all goes tits up in the coming weeks, months or years, would Labour get a crack at trying to govern with the help of others or would they have to endure the rigours of another election ?. Corbyn has said that Labour are ready to govern if the Tories can't.

So exactly what policies of Labour's did you disagree with? A lot of what they were proposed (nationalisations, end of tuition fees, corporation tax to 26%) actually existed up into the 1980's in the UK, and still exist in many other developed countries. So there isn't any evidence that they would take the country 'to the brink'.

No-one is likely to agree with every single policy of a party (I certainly don't agree with everything in the Labour manifesto). But you have to be pragmatic to an extent and pick the major party that is closest to your worldview (as long as the closest party aren't too far away from your principles). If you don't do that, you get the ultra-austerity of the Tories (now with added extra DUP religious lunacy).
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 7:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Election June 8th 2017   General Election June 8th 2017 - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Election June 8th 2017
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next