Les Miserable
PatDunne
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 10:26 am

Wonder when the revaluation of the club will take place? Anyway,IF it goes to plan and some improvement to the eyesore that is the Mayflower terrace and the corners results,then it will be........well,an improvement. TBH,wouldn't mind seeing the grandstand as the centrepiece of any new development but it would have to be right and with all due respect,£5m isn't really going to ensure that a state of the art facility is forthcoming.Can anyone remember how many seats the Mayflower terrace held back in the CCC days? Whatever,too many ifs and buts for this to be fully welcomed and until some sort of definitive scheme is announced then very difficult to give a verdict on it.Wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 10:29 am

MikeWN wrote:
I'd agree with Innocent that this is broadly good news. If Brent cashes out his shares now at the £3.5m valued, he'll have done very nicely out of it.

Surely we have to offset the loan against the club value as dictated by shares?

So the £7m valuation then needs the £4.1m loan taken into account leaving £2.9m of which half is Brent's. That's only £1.45m and that's over 5 years so it's only about £290K/yr.

Hardly even worth getting out of bed for in Brentworld.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 10:31 am

Greenskin wrote:
Wonder when the revaluation of the club will take place? Anyway,IF it goes to plan and some improvement to the eyesore that is the Mayflower terrace and the corners results,then it will be........well,an improvement. TBH,wouldn't mind seeing the grandstand as the centrepiece of any new development but it would have to be right and with all due respect,£5m isn't really going to ensure that a state of the art facility is forthcoming.Can anyone remember how many seats the Mayflower terrace held back in the CCC days? Whatever,too many ifs and buts for this to be fully welcomed and until some sort of definitive scheme is announced then very difficult to give a verdict on it.Wait and see.

Our recent max capacity was a little below 21,000. Now it is a little below 17,000 so the Mayflower must have had about 4,000 seats.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 11:01 am

You have to give Hallet credit, who else has pumped their own personal wealth into the club in recent times ? Dan McCaully was probably the last to do so.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 11:17 am

He lends £5 Mill, gets it all back with interest and then co owns the thing he lent the money to buy? Is that pumping personal wealth into the club.........'
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 11:29 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Using: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On a full repayment basis (not interest only) £5m over 30 years @ 3% will mean monthly repayments of £21,258.02 which equates to £255,096.24 per annum.

How much were we paying in rent? £140,000 or so?

Looks to me as though owning our own ground is actually going to cost us £100K+ per year above what we were paying in rent.

I thought it was going to save us money?

The number is 4.1m - the rest is coming from share purchases, not
loans.

You're also comparing apples with oranges. The rental amount was due on the stadium, irrespective of the state it is in....so not one lick of paint and it stays the same....except it would have risen if Argyle go through the leagues.

Stadium improvement, if not a giveaway by the local authority, had to be funded from somewhere. To argue that Hallett isn't providing the funding at below commercial rates would be disingenuous. It might not be perfect but it's broadly good news.

Until very recently PCC was prepared to spend money on the stadium. It all fell through because they expected Brent to do the same and he wasn't prepared to since when the freehold has been sold and now it is all different. I honestly don't see that as Pixie Dust. That's more like owner and occupier combining to meet their mutual interests from where I sit.

Running the same figures through at £4.1m:

On a full repayment basis (not interest only) £5m over 30 years @ 3% will mean monthly repayments of £17431.58 which equates to £209,178.96 per annum. Still comfortably more than the rent.

The rent as it was when the freehold deal was done, yes. What was the multiplier for Argyle being in League One and the CCC? If you're going to create a model, at least make
It a complete one.

You can choose to live in today or yesterday. The council option is no longer there, so irrelevant. The funding for new and/or improved infrastructure will come from the private sector or not at all.

I think MikeWM is right - at those rates, it's unlikely the £4.1m has come from a commercial fund, so it seems that it is private cash from Hallett's family. At the rate he is providing and the repayment term, it's about as low-risk as it gets in terms of borrowing - especially when they know the club has improved income streams from the enhanced facilities.

Hallett might be full of shit but he could also be the start of some genuine long-term vision for the club. Prepared to give him some rope (I'm sure I'll be in his prayers this evening).
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 11:49 am

I don't think there was a rent increase at all until we were in the CCC and I don't recall the multipier but it was quite significant at that stage.

The unknown here is how long it will take to get to the CCC and how long we'd stay there once we did.

As such it's impossible to extend the over-simplistic figures, which are accurate as far as they can presently go, but with James Brent himself referring to £5m "investment" (when it is no such thing for around 80% of the figure) then I feel happy with the language I have used.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 11:54 am

Dane. wrote:
You have to give Hallet credit, who else has pumped their own personal wealth into the club in recent times ? Dan McCaully was probably the last to do so.

This post shows how far our expectations have been lowered during the Brent years.

We should be grateful that somebody spends their own money on something they own? Really? I don't feel any gratitude for that at all. I'm completely neutral about it. That's what I expect them to do. Kind of like I expect them to pay, using their own money, for what they buy.

If that makes me an extremist then so be it.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Dane. wrote:

This post shows how far our expectations have been lowered during the Brent years.

We should be grateful that somebody spends their own money on something they own? Really? I don't feel any gratitude for that at all. I'm completely neutral about it. That's what I expect them to do. Kind of like I expect them to pay, using their own money, for what they buy.

If that makes me an extremist then so be it.

You may expect it, but he hasn't happened for a long long time, hence my post crediting someone ' at last' putting their money where their mouth is.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 3:02 pm

Jethro wrote:
Could this be Hallet taking over via the back door and jimmy slowly disappearing

Hallet is a fan of Argyle, so he would know what the crack is and where the clubs need to go. Other than that, i have no idea as to how he would guide Argyle if he held the chairmanship.

It could be that Brent begins to play less of a leading role and Hallet becomes more prominent figure as a gradual takeover of power happens.

If he is to be the next chairman of Plymouth Argyle Football Club, one would hope he may have one or two potential investors lined up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 3:35 pm

The circles in the US of A that Hallett moves in I wouldn't be surprised to see further investment from over the pond, we can take the piss about the 2020 celebrations and all that but the Yanks love that stuff, I fully expect a new owner by then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Graiser wrote:
The circles in the US of A that Hallett moves in I wouldn't be surprised to see further investment from over the pond, we can take the piss about the 2020 celebrations and all that but the Yanks love that stuff, I fully expect a new owner by then.

Of course... That will explain why 1970 was a rip roaring success. You must remember that, with all the American tourists. geek

Keith Todd was a lifelong fan, he had a CBE. At the same time Sir Roy Gardner turned up ex chairman of Manchester United. We've been here before and until I see some serious evidence that this football club is serious about reversing the rot of 10 years non investment beyond signing someone with 4 non league goals this season and a reserve from Southend then I am going to aggressively sceptical. Too many see someone turn up with a shiny suit at Home Park and are instantly in awe. Village.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 4:21 pm

To be fair to Blissett we weren't exactly excited by Brunt's arrival either and he turned out OK.

I'm not over-concerned about him only scoring 4 goals when Torquay have been so crap all year. I don't suppose he's had that many chances and word is he impressed in the pre-season friendly v Torquay

I'm at worst hopeful that'll he'll do OK and definitely prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt before passing firm judgement.

And we've never had a poor Czech player before so I'm hopeful about him too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Not me Hugh.  Very Happy I see Wrigleys is still there, old and worn, still churning out it's tacky gum. This American interest and love in is a myth and always has been. Blimey, even staging World Cup games was not the earner for citizens it was billed to be. Fine for a few big brands and a few footy fans . Great for the likes of Todd who thought he could bully the local council and could attract industry grants as the big boys hove into view for a month. I've never known Yanks like this stuff down here. By the way, several towns and cities are doing a Mayflower 2020 pitch.
We'll probably be at war by then anyway

I actually quite like the idea of a revamped grandstand juxta opposed to low impact new stadium building WITH increased facility and capacity,. But how it will benefit the club, and what will be the impact in the park are a long way down the line. It does appear this time there may well be funds, but so many things can get in the way, and not be what they first appear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 5:19 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Of course... That will explain why 1970 was a rip roaring success. You must remember that, with all the American tourists. geek

Keith Todd was a lifelong fan, he had a CBE. At the same time Sir Roy Gardner turned up ex chairman of Manchester United. We've been here before and until I see some serious evidence that this football club is serious about reversing the rot of 10 years non investment beyond signing someone with 4 non league goals this season and a reserve from Southend then I am going to aggressively sceptical. Too many see someone turn up with a shiny suit at Home Park and are instantly in awe. Village.

The main difference now is we have a director who lives and has earned his dough in the states, and has no doubt made some significant contacts, not like the previous regime who talked bollocks to equally naive berks in the council, so not quite the same crap as before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 5:23 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
To be fair to Blissett we weren't exactly excited by Brunt's arrival either and he turned out OK.

I'm not over-concerned about him only scoring 4 goals when Torquay have been so crap all year. I don't suppose he's had that many chances and word is he impressed in the pre-season friendly v Torquay

I'm at worst hopeful that'll he'll do OK and definitely prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt before passing firm judgement.

And we've never had a poor Czech player before so I'm hopeful about him too!

I remember gnashing my teeth when Pulis signed Nalis, rest of the championship clubs seemed to be spending big bucks but we'd signed a bloke called Lillian! He didn't turn out too bad, you just never can tell after all how many of us had heard of Carey before!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Graiser wrote:
The main difference now is we have a director who lives and has earned his dough in the states, and has no doubt made some significant contacts.

Have you been asleep for the last 5 years ?   Laughing
What career do you think the squire was forging for himself over the last 25 years ? Didn't seem to raise his ability to deliver on projects when finally dropping his ill gotten into some safe haven for old geezers.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 6:00 pm

Brents perfect record of developing Zilch will remain intact all this Fantasy Grandstand Bodge wont happen, all this does is deflects from the real issue Brent and Hallets, complete lack of backing for the manager in the transfer market which will lead to yet more fourth division football.
Homepark under these Clowns just stinks of failure, Brents had six years who in their right mind would fancy another six?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 6:23 pm

I Would like to ask just one small thing about these new plans.

Where is the ice rink? i am sure brent has to build it before he can not develop the pavilions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 6:26 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:
The main difference now is we have a director who lives and has earned his dough in the states, and has no doubt made some significant contacts.

What career do you think the squire was forging for himself over the last 25 years ? Didn't seem to raise his ability to deliver on projects when finally dropping his ill gotten into some safe haven for old geezers.

Not at all old chap, I assume your referring to Hallett, do you object to people making money for themselves ?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 6:43 pm

At council tax payers expense, yes I do object.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Not at all old chap, I assume your referring to Hallett, do you object to people making money for themselves ?

I don't mind at all as long as it is proportionate to the value created and blood and sweat expended. In fact, I insist working people get the full value for the wealth they create. Sadly, that rarely happens.
I am referring to Brent. My point, as you well know, was clear. Hallet's history is not a new entry to the long list of connected investment individuals that have rocked up ever since their sort smelled some safe profitable property deals in Plymouth. Your argument on this thread is bogus. Get a new one.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 7:18 pm

PatDunne wrote:
He lends £5 Mill, gets it all back with interest and then co owns the thing he lent the money to buy? Is that pumping personal wealth into the club.........'

About the size of it..................they want an increased fanbase and community involvement too...................of course they do. Won't get it though, until the wider public see real investment , rather than loans, charged to the fans, to increase the value of the club for those making the loans........ and a half decent manager backed to the hilt in the transfer window. Which doesn't seem to be happening.

I'm fast running out of interest in this ongoing village shambles.

Last edited by Tringreen on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:

cheers Ee's right y'know lol PAVillage to the core FC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 9:01 pm

beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I don't mind at all as long as it is proportionate to the value created and blood and sweat expended. In fact, I insist working people get the full value for the wealth they create. Sadly, that rarely happens.
I am referring to Brent. My point, as you well know, was clear. Hallet's history is not a new entry to the long list of connected investment individuals that have rocked up ever since their sort smelled some safe profitable property deals in Plymouth. Your argument on this thread is bogus. Get a new one.

Your writing twaddle, I wasn't referring to Brent, he's your obsession not mine, Hallett's earnt a bit of dosh, been associated with this club for less than a year and he's showing the colour of some of his money, Brent hasn't and we all have a pop, Hallett is and that also isn't floating anybody's boat, I get the feeling if Dawson pitched up and built a 30k stadium and called it Range Park, that'll be wrong as well, so many contradictions on here, but hey ho let's hope for a replay and get the reds back to HP and earn some more luchre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Press Conference called for midday   Press Conference called for midday - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Press Conference called for midday
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next