Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
ConDeLaCreme
zyph
pepsipete
tigertony
Lord Melbury
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Czarcasm
Rickler
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
Sir Francis Drake
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 1:35 pm

beesrus wrote:
Stockpilig, known as "doing a Thatcher" ever since the miners' strike.  
I'm sure we'll be treated to all manner of scares from all sides. A bit like Bent and Mallett up at Home Park
How are those sticky keys going Earwig ? I'm having trouble with my b, n and deletes.

As for the actual brexit vote, I just reckon it was a bit of old fashioned nationalism and the result of blaming everything on Europe for 40 years. Sort of poetic really. There's going to be some glum faces in the shires when they see immigration continuing apace, whatever transpires..

Its get a bit easier to play on those fears when one side is showing utter contempt for the law and has access to more data than it knows what to do with.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I can't quite believe I'm reading this.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very wise not to believe it, because it's a heap of government propagated shit.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 1:51 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
beesrus wrote:
I'm sure we'll be treated to all manner of scares from all sides. A bit like Bent and Mallett up at Home Park
How are those sticky keys going Earwig ? I'm having trouble with my b, n and deletes.

As for the actual brexit vote, I just reckon it was a bit of old fashioned nationalism and the result of blaming everything on Europe for 40 years. Sort of poetic really. There's going to be some glum faces in the shires when they see immigration continuing apace, whatever transpires..

Its get a bit easier to play on those fears when one side is showing utter contempt for the law and has access to more data than it knows what to do with.

By one side showing utter contempt for the law I'm guessing you refer to the remainers spending millions behind the scenes backed by banks and big business trying to overturn a legally held and binding referendum?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

As I keep repeating both sides were as bad as each other.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 1:54 pm

beesrus wrote:

Yep you've got me Bees I'm a secret false Jew hater, not the real ones I love them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 2:07 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Is it?

And you'd know, how?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Yep you've got me Bees I'm a secret false Jew hater, not the real ones I love them.

No, I was joshing Earwig. Don't be so defensive. I don't think you dislike Jews at all. Seriously I actually do have prolems with my 's ad 's. It's a ightmare, ad am havig to use that leddy virtual keyoard. It's ee goig o for weeks. Takes me a hour to correct spellig, this ad that. Am goig to have to delve ito the iside, have't doe that i years.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Is it?

And you'd know, how?

What I know Hugh is that there people in very high places who are desperate to stop Brexit happening seemingly at all costs and will go to any psychological lengths to get their wish, which in recent times has included playing the food card with some frequency . You're an intelligent man or at least that's the way its always come across to me-surely you can see the correlation between this sort of stuff and the scare stories put out before the referendum? Hope you don't come back with the "the house isn't on fire because it hasn't been lit yet" or whatever the analogy was because the plain truth is that you and all of the rest of the remainers said the disasters were going to happen in the immediate future after Brexit and they didn't-why should it be any easier to believe that they will now? You're actually right-I don't know for certain that this story is a load of bollocks [in the same way that you don't know for certain that it isn't]but what I will say is that i'd be willing to put a considerable amount of money that if a no deal Brexit does come to pass, then it would indeed prove to be as about as realistic a scenario as Plympton Pilgrim and myself playing in the next Ryder cup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 3:57 pm

I'd say the fact that virtually all the press have run with it it suggests theres something in it. The Sun have reported it, although their editorial direction is that its a gigantic show of strength. Its not just this though, its the refusal to acknowledge that Russian money had anything to do with Brexit campaign when a 2 year invetigative journalist campaign found that there was. Now vote leave have been found guilty of breaking electoral law whilst Carole Cadwalladr has won the Orwell Foundation prize for best piece of politcal writing.

Thats the problem with bibilical faith people have with Brexit, they want to history to be on their side and will ignore or dismiss anything that subverts this.

It must be Brexit. What they want from Brexit and how to achieve it is always someone elses problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 4:50 pm

I read these news stories as amateur night, trying to put pressure on the EU.... look how serious we are da da da.. Who remembers the good friday agreement, that had leaks all over the shop right up into the last night.  I bet then they had no idea how this present situation might scupper them. I've always thought being part of "Europe" rather than the "UK", helped  the agreement to go ahead on the republican side. Anybody who underestimates the Irish border situation has no grasp of history..or does't care.
Any sane person would go through with brexit, keep it soft enough to go through, and then leave it up to the amazing brilliant galactic Westminster palace boys and babes to harden it up through good old British parliamentary process. How much more British can you be ? There is the small matter of 27 other countries of course LOL
Although I keep my distance on this particular capitalist problem, I really really do want to see the will of the vote carried through. What that will is in detail, no one quite knows, other than the legal tie must be severed..
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Trouble is already brewing in Ireland over the border issues and the deal TM made with the DUP. If trouble flares up again like it used to is that still a price worth paying for Brexit? It would soon become all Irish are terrorists like it used to before Muslims became the target of choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 5:15 pm

And sadly, that is the agenda of some. I really can't imagine Europe/Germany will sacrifice the Republic to please their arch rivals. If the Brits want a deal, they're going to have to soft shoe it for a while. That's life. We can all vote for peace, but it doesn't mean we'll get it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Big Robby wrote:
Trouble is already brewing in Ireland over the border issues and the deal TM made with the DUP. If trouble flares up again like it used to is that still a price worth paying for Brexit? It would soon become all Irish are terrorists like it used to before Muslims became the target of choice.

You see I really don't see this as my problem, this was caused by TM getting in bed with the DUP to save her bacon after ludicrously going to the country in a bid to strengthen her hand and being so out of touch with the electorate who could all see what would happen. In that election I actually wrote "what's the point in Geoffery Cox?"across my ballot paper to spoil it. There's no way I can vote for any of these clowns. I was somewhat surprised that the massive swing of outies to innies didn't show in that vote either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 5:43 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
. I was somewhat surprised that the massive swing of outies to innies didn't show in that vote either.

That'll be because it was a rotten borough first past the post election on different matters, with both sides of the establishment brexit debate ranged against the people.. They may differ on Brexit, but they all hate to a man the likes of Corbyn.
Right, off to London to moan at Trump.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 7:53 am

I was there to moan at Xi Jinping and Mugabi, Trump - meh
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 9:18 am

beesrus wrote:

Do you have an audience with him bees? If so, tell him Les Miserable thinks he's doing a great job Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 9:43 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Big Robby wrote:

You see I really don't see this as my problem, this was caused by TM getting in bed with the DUP to save her bacon after ludicrously going to the country in a bid to strengthen her hand and being so out of touch with the electorate who could all see what would happen. In that election I actually wrote "what's the point in Geoffery Cox?"across my ballot paper to spoil it. There's no way I can vote for any of these clowns. I was somewhat surprised that the massive swing of outies to innies didn't show in that vote either.

It is when Northern Ireland is part of the UK which people forget and really should read up on how the Anglo Irish treaty came about. There is no adequate solution to this and it will not sort itself out in the manner Brexiters seem to think everything else will. Don't worry  though even David Davis seemed to think that the south of Ireland was part of the UK.

In the event of no deal the Government has already signed an accord with the EU known as the 'Irish backstop' which basically ensures that until a customs deal is sorted out the invisible border remains. Outside of a customs union, there would need to border between the UK and EU in the Irish Sea. The DUP will go into meltdown over this as until the border issue is sorted out the UK would be non existent, we'd surely have to offer them British citizenship if the backstop became permanent.

A hard border and we're back to the days of military checkpoints and UK security force patrols and that went well in the past didn't it? Also it completely tears up the Good Friday agreement and renders 30 years of grief completely futile.

The casual disregard of the Irish border issue shows complete contempt for over 200 years of history . Middle section of your post though... Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 9:47 am

Hell be the saviour of Brexit, Brothers In Arms USA, USA USA!
I'm sorry but I can't think of a bigger waste of time than moaning at Trump.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 9:54 am

[quote="Hugh Watt"]
Earwegoagain wrote:
Big Robby wrote:

It is when Northern Ireland is part of the UK which people forget and really should read up on how the Anglo Irish treaty came about. There is no adequate solution to this and it will not sort itself out in the manner Brexiters seem to think everything else will. Don't worry  though even David Davis seemed to think that the south of Ireland was part of the UK.

In the event of no deal the Government has already signed an accord with the EU known as the 'Irish backstop' which basically ensures that until a customs deal is sorted out the invisible border remains. Outside of a customs union, there would need to border between the UK and EU in the Irish Sea. The DUP will go into meltdown over this as until the border issue is sorted out the UK would be non existent, we'd surely have to offer them British citizenship if the backstop became permanent.

A hard border and we're back to the days of military checkpoints and UK security force patrols and that went well in the past didn't it? Also it completely tears up the Good Friday agreement and renders 30 years of grief completely futile.

The casual disregard of the Irish border issue shows complete contempt for over 200 years of history . Middle section of your post though... Thanks/OK[/quote
I think I'm well up on my Irish history I've even spent a lot of time there but I think you'll find the problems started about 800 years ago and a solution has never been found. The border in Ireland is a smugglers dream, diesel, Cattle and sheep all doing the carousel and costing us millions, what's the solution to that or do the outers need to provide solutions for that as well?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 10:01 am

N Ireland in time will swing to a Catholic majority, the birth rate will see to that.....recent polling there shows how the Protestant majority is being eroded away...and one day the new majority will want to unite Ireland.....and then of course they will have Protestant para-militaries to deal with....but that will be a problem by then for the south to sort out.....that will sort out the border problem that Brexit faces now.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 10:26 am

Will all of that happen by October? And has anybody told the DUP?

(Is it October when all this has to be sorted? March? Whenever it is anyway.)
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 10:44 am

[quote="Earwegoagain"]
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Big Robby wrote:

The casual disregard of the Irish border issue shows complete contempt for over 200 years of history . Middle section of your post though... Thanks/OK[/quote
I think I'm well up on my Irish history I've even spent a lot of time there but I think you'll find the problems started about 800 years ago and a solution has never been found. The border in Ireland is a smugglers dream, diesel, Cattle and sheep all doing the carousel and costing us millions, what's the solution to that or do the outers need to provide solutions for that as well?

The 'outers' providing solutions as well? As well as what?

I haven't seen a single proposal from any Brexiter to deal with any of the issues at hand yet. "leave means leave/we won get over it/we voted out" aren't solutions.

Lets not forget it was David Davis, a brexiter who has been in charge of DExEU who has spent the last 2 years smirking and blagging his way through meetings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 10:44 am

Les Miserable wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Do you have an audience with him bees?  If so, tell him Les Miserable thinks he's doing a great job  Thanks/OK

Those cages sure are bigly strong. The strongest cages ever.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 11:58 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

I’m trying to think of someone that would give less fecks than Trump about people moaning at him.

Nope. There’s literally no one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I’m trying to think of someone that would give less fecks than Trump about people moaning at him.

Nope. There’s literally no one.

I don't agree, he's more thin skinned than Newell, hence why the Government have been at pains to keep him as far away from the British public as possible.

I can't think of anyone that would give less fecks about offering the UK a decent post brexit trade deal either. I've no idea why we're fawning over him like this, expecially at a cost of £5 million to the tax payer, people like him treat it as a sign of weakness. You'll have seen how much compassion he's got towards weak people and the respect he has for dictators like Putin and Kim Jong Un.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next