Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

TORQUAY GAME NEWS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY GAME NEWS   TORQUAY GAME NEWS - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 10:33 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Its ok beating pub sides by cricket scores but the first pro side they meet which struggled to stay in the National league last season yeah it is some concern be it only a friendly..concerned that these cheap replacements mite just be not good enough
Trust in Jimmy , he will do whatever it takes to maintain our fourth division status. sunny sunny

And we have Ginsters backing us, I'm sure the red blob on the green stripes will bring out the best in the players.
geek

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY GAME NEWS   TORQUAY GAME NEWS - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 11:05 pm

Angry wrote:
i dont get why some think results of friendlies matter over the actual point of pre season which like it or not fitness and preparation for the new season ahead where the results actually matter more.
I find it odd that those already slagging off players, the club and anything else green, with weeks to go to new season, are the same people who think Luggy Mk 1 was fantastic. Their great Luggy Mk 1 said (repeated)
Luggy Mk 1 said
“No judgement can be made whether we’ve progressed ..... These games are practice matches – they are not friendlies – they are practice matches. There’s no judgement on it''

but of course you have to ignore that because it doesn't fit the equation. Oh well.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY GAME NEWS   TORQUAY GAME NEWS - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 1:49 pm

whilst accepting that friendly results mean nothing the set up and performance can point to something going forward. my just back would say - if it's about fitness we are a way off torquay or harried and even bullied argyle as the game went on so more work to be done there - if it's about system and tactics expect to see a longer ball game, unless the players were defaulting to the level of their natural base instincts against what adams had told them to do, and as most of the long passes and crosses missed their intended target by a country mile more work needs to be done there - if it's about fitting in the new players given that a couple of them seemed just above useless, bulvitis and clark (if that was the triallist) get unhonourable mentions here, then we might be needing new new players so work to be done there

on first sight apart from carey nothing to set the heart aflutter
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY GAME NEWS   TORQUAY GAME NEWS - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 9:10 pm

Is there any of ATD finest in this picture? Five from my family are there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY GAME NEWS   TORQUAY GAME NEWS - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 9:25 pm

Tgwu wrote:

The ATD DRF floppy hat regiment were on the terraces.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY GAME NEWS   TORQUAY GAME NEWS - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 9:35 pm

Tgwu wrote:

I'm in the second row between the fella with the baseball cap on and the blonde lady wearing sunglasses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TORQUAY GAME NEWS   TORQUAY GAME NEWS - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

TORQUAY GAME NEWS
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3