Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Tory Party at War - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 11:06 am

Being more popular than Cameron is hardly difficult since the great EU re-negotiation fraud/capitulation, whatever turns you on I suppose. In 4 years time the Tories will have a new leader, probably Boris, and he'll destroy old Albert Steptoe, provided he even makes it that far. If he does the Tories could be in power for a good few years yet, they might even see you out old boy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 11:52 am

Cameron less popular than Corby lol, as you say Mis it's a bit like the question which tastes best, cat shit or dog shit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:41 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Being more popular than Cameron is hardly difficult since the great EU re-negotiation fraud/capitulation, whatever turns you on I suppose. In 4 years time the Tories will have a new leader, probably Boris, and he'll destroy old Albert Steptoe, provided he even makes it that far. If he does the Tories could be in power for a good few years yet, they might even see you out old boy.

Actually Cameron's approval ratings were quite high, easily more popular than his party. He probably won the last election for them. That and a piss poor opposition.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:47 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Actually Cameron's approval ratings were quite high, easily more popular than his party. He probably won the last election for them. That and a piss poor opposition.

Yeah I know, I did say "since the great EU re-negotiation fraud/capitulation".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:13 pm

I have to agree, the great renegotiation was an absolute joke. It didn't even qualify as smoke and mirrors, such was the orchestration of nothing. Designed purely to say something happened, when in fact, diddly happened. Classic political ploy and probably worth a 3 to 5% swing in normal times. Some people like to barter and feel in control before they buy their peripheral trinkets. Probably enough to give a bit extra distance in the number crunching stakes.

Cameron does present himself well though, despite the chrome dome and chinless hereditary problem. He's a polished speaker, and it's why he got the gig out of the blue after IDS and baseball cap boy. If New Labour older bro Milliband had been up against him though, Bullingdon boy would have sunk without trace, such are the vagaries of Westminster politics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 9:19 am

Lord Biro wrote:
I have to agree, the great renegotiation was an absolute joke. It didn't even qualify as smoke and mirrors, such was the orchestration of nothing. Designed purely to say something happened, when in fact, diddly happened. Classic political ploy and probably worth a 3 to 5% swing in normal times. Some people like to barter and feel in control before they buy their peripheral trinkets. Probably enough to give a bit extra distance in the number crunching stakes.

Cameron does present himself well though, despite the chrome dome and chinless hereditary problem. He's a polished speaker, and it's why he got the gig out of the blue after IDS and baseball cap boy. If New Labour older bro Milliband had been up against him though, Bullingdon boy would have sunk without trace, such are the vagaries of Westminster politics.
I honestly can't even remember what Cameron achieved in that renegotiation. What I do know is that there were a number of things the EU might have better spent it's time, the refugee crisis for one, that had to be put to one side whilst they helped cameron with his housekeeping
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 11:32 am

They have gone quiet about the renegotiated Europe and gone back to we will all die and end up in paupers graves.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 11:51 am

What Cameron hoped to achieve was to prevent civil war in the Tory party. He has failed miserably.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 1:12 pm

Civil war in the party was always likely with a liberal wet at the helm.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 11:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Whilst it is amusing watching the Tory Party tear itself to pieces over this, Labour are doing pretty much the same to their leader.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 1:37 pm

It's a very needed shake up of both parties. I'm happy for them both to have their internal scraps. It has to happen. Both parties could split, and polarise. Then maybe we would have a proper parliamentary choice. Interesting, if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 4:08 pm

Labour isn't so much a shake up....but a decline into being unelectable.....with no leadership on the horizon......maybe Jarvis might rise above the dross or the elder Miliband (David) might return one day.

They will have to change the voting system again so that the fruit and nut cases plus Tory spoilers aren't allowed to vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 4:29 pm

zyph wrote:
Labour isn't so much a shake up....but a decline into being unelectable.
Laughing Old guys certainly do lose touch when they pass a certain age. Things change underneath their slippers, while putting out the milk bottles that never get collected.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 4:41 pm

.....as I said....unelectable by a majority of the voting public....age doesn't come into it.....common sense will tell most people that......you need to live in N Korea or Cuba to rule the day.

ps......maybe not Cuba for much longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 5:21 pm

zyph wrote:
.....as I said....unelectable by a majority of the voting public....age doesn't come into it.....common sense will tell most people that......you need to live in N Korea or Cuba to rule the day.

How quaint. Can't wait for the May local elections when the voting public next have their say. Handbags
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Tory Party at War - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tory Party at War
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4