Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will the candidates "interview" the Board?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Will the candidates "interview" the Board? Empty
PostSubject: Will the candidates "interview" the Board?   Will the candidates "interview" the Board? EmptySun May 31, 2015 8:18 pm

Could be quite interesting if they applicants for the Manager's job start asking questions of the board/interview panel.

What are your ambitions for the club?

What do you intend to do to achieve them?

The club was in administration a few years ago, is the club in a financially secure position now?

What money will I have to spend?

If the guy does his research (ie spends an hour on the internet) he could also be asking:

Why has the club borrowed money from the council?

When will the new stand be built and will that affect the playing budget?

What about the football creditor debts?

How long does the owner intend to stay?

I think any candidates who aren't desperate for a job (Holloway, Hill, Warnock, Ferguson etc) will decide it's not for them, and we'll be stuck with a first -time- manager or one who's having trouble getting a job elsewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the candidates "interview" the Board?   Will the candidates "interview" the Board? EmptySun May 31, 2015 8:21 pm

In any job interview these days it's important for candidates to do their research and ask questions of the interviewer. And certainly the sort of questions you've set out are the ones any genuine, serious candidate should be asking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the candidates "interview" the Board?   Will the candidates "interview" the Board? EmptySun May 31, 2015 8:33 pm

one question they could ask if he sees internet ian and the chris webb is who the feck are these two idiots and why are hanging around for get rid.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Will the candidates "interview" the Board?   Will the candidates "interview" the Board? EmptySun May 31, 2015 9:23 pm

Ello canderdate i'm His lordships football adviser, just one question, do yoom bleed green? by the way if yoom wants a bob marlee mug or a sticker cum and see me! TeeHee Guffaw... must go got some pm's to read!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the candidates "interview" the Board?   Will the candidates "interview" the Board? EmptySun May 31, 2015 9:48 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Ello canderdate i'm His lordships football adviser, just one question, do yoom bleed green? by the way if yoom wants a bob marlee mug or a sticker cum and see me! TeeHee Guffaw... must go got some pm's to read!

you remember the old only fools and horses tune when they ran the credits? nool is like that with pasoti merch shit lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the candidates "interview" the Board?   Will the candidates "interview" the Board? EmptySun May 31, 2015 10:03 pm

Do you have a wife or partner you'd like me to help settle in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the candidates "interview" the Board?   Will the candidates "interview" the Board? EmptySun May 31, 2015 10:14 pm

Do you have any Tory chums i could promote ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the candidates "interview" the Board?   Will the candidates "interview" the Board? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 7:14 am

Grovehill wrote:
Could be quite interesting if they applicants for the Manager's job start asking questions of the board/interview panel.

What are your ambitions for the club?

What do you intend to do to achieve them?

The club was in administration a few years ago, is the club in a financially secure position now?

What money will I have to spend?

If the guy does his research (ie spends an hour on the internet) he could also be asking:

Why has the club borrowed money from the council?

When will the new stand be built and will that affect the playing budget?

What about the football creditor debts?

How long does the owner intend to stay?

I think any candidates who aren't desperate for a job (Holloway, Hill, Warnock, Ferguson etc) will decide it's not for them, and we'll be stuck with a first -time- manager  or one who's having trouble getting a job elsewhere.  

Great post!! Can hear the fabled 'close the door on the way out' uttered before he gets half way through that list - at this point we all realise that was the guy we needed!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the candidates "interview" the Board?   Will the candidates "interview" the Board? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will the candidates "interview" the Board?
Page 1 of 1