VillageGreen
Chemical Ali
Les Miserable
Dick Trickle
steveinspain
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 6:31 pm

I agree with Sheridan, the first half we played some good stuff, AOC couple of bad misses and I just wish Mellor after one his gallops would take a wack at goal particularly with that rookie keeper.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Agree with the above posters.

Little grandson (7) very down with himself with the three nil score line, told him we will come back, started to sing very quietly, (supprise he knew the song) but after the first of our goals went in he stool on his seat asked for his uncle phone proudly sung with the rest of the fan. He went home a happy little chappy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 6:52 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Agree with the above posters.

Little grandson (7) very down with himself with the three nil score line, told him we will come back, started to sing very quietly, (supprise he knew the song) but after the first of our goals went in he stool on his seat asked for his uncle phone proudly sung with the rest of the fan. He went home a happy little chappy

That paints a lovely warm picture, tgwu. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 7:27 pm

It's why Argyle aren't winners..

Happy in defeat.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 7:31 pm

Must be me then. Will prescribe myself a happy pill. Just don't get singing Bob Marley and most of all waving phones. What next - green feckin glow sticks!

The problem is that at every important game now it's going to rear its head again. On Thursday if we are 2 goals down people are going to be waving their bloody phones whilst Wycombe prepare for Wembley.

Let's hope a nice new Apple doesn't come within swinging distance of me when we score Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Rickler wrote:
I do think the 'atmosphere' for those that were there, is colouring their belief that Argyle can actually win this tie.  

Anything is possible of course, but the reality is, for most of the game we were outplayed (at home) and didn't register a shot on goal until the wonder goal itself.

There were no positives - except for the atmosphere - our goals were mostly luck.

Come Thursday and go a goal down...  Three birdies get sung and nothing happens..
The reality of another season in this division sinks in, let's talk about the 'atmosphere' then!
I agree, to an extent. If the game is played like it was on Saturday, there will only be one winner...and it won't be us.

But I've seen us a handful of times this season. On two of those days we were absolute shite.

On the other two days we were excellent. Then there was Saturday, which was somewhere between really shit and really weird. So who knows.

As bad as we were, we are still in the tie because we're only one more 30 yard thunderbolt out of the blue from being level. That is the positive that 14k took home with them, not some divine nutty belief in it being spiritual moment...Delighted to lose, of course not. Delighted that the 1/20 chance of going through is now about 1/4...yep.

Last edited by Mock Cuncher on Sun May 10, 2015 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Rickler wrote:

Happy in defeat.

Bloody spot on. The fact that we scored two is not linked to singing Bob Marley even if I do smirk at the image of old Frank Harper joining in with the weed smoking Rastafarian.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Rickler wrote:

Happy in defeat.

Truest thing ive read for a bit Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 9:01 pm

I read on the BBC that JS thinks Argyle will win the second leg.

Also, Stevenage had the huge crowd of 5,183 today.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 9:05 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I read on the BBC that JS thinks Argyle will win the second leg.

Also, Stevenage had the huge crowd of 5,183 today.

And 1200 of them were from Sarfend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 9:22 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Best atmosphere at an Argyle game for donkeys years and certainly since QPR.

Surreal at 0-3 down and Bob Marley started reverberating around the ground.

1-3 and it got louder.

2-3 and it was nuts.

Never ever have I walked out of the ground having lost and still left with such a buzz.

Regardless of the outcome, that was a proper memorable night.  

Well said.

I am sure the experts from behind their laptops will be on hand to correct you about the atmosphere and how average Argyle's support was though.

I mean it is not as if Sky can turn down microphones and focus of Wycombe fans cheering to suit a viewing narrative that is fitting for one of the sides being 3-0 up.

My friends who were sat in Block 18 asked me if the Wycombe fans were singing, to which I said yes, they were pretty loud for their numbers. They said all they could hear was the Devonport and 'three little birds' coming out of the Devonport/Lyndhurst for the last 10 minutes.

This is from home supporters who were sat a lot closer to the away fans than the Devonport.

If anyone who was actually at the game can say the Argyle support was average or could have been better, then I will eat my hat. It was something special that will be remembered for a long time.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:12 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Rickler wrote:
I do think the 'atmosphere' for those that were there, is colouring their belief that Argyle can actually win this tie.  

Anything is possible of course, but the reality is, for most of the game we were outplayed (at home) and didn't register a shot on goal until the wonder goal itself.

There were no positives - except for the atmosphere - our goals were mostly luck.

Come Thursday and go a goal down...  Three birdies get sung and nothing happens..
The reality of another season in this division sinks in, let's talk about the 'atmosphere' then!
I agree, to an extent. If the game is played like it was on Saturday, there will only be one winner...and it won't be us.

But I've seen us a handful of times this season. On two of those days we were absolute shite.

On the other two days we were excellent. Then there was Saturday, which was somewhere between really shit and really weird. So who knows.

As bad as we were, we are still in the tie because we're only one more 30 yard thunderbolt out of the blue from being level. That is the positive that 14k took home with them, not some divine nutty belief in it being spiritual moment...Delighted to lose, of course not. Delighted that the 1/20 chance of going through is now about 1/4...yep.
Absolutely right. I was going to write you a poem but it ain't Friday. Can we have a dispensation to write poems this Wednesday please Sir?
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:34 pm

Gutted to have missed that one. I've got a knack of being at every single goalless home draw (I haven't missed one for years), but I always miss the exciting games, whether by choice or circumstance. Yesterday was work-related, but I have kept May 23rd free.

You never know. Wycombe failed to hit the top three for a reason: they won less than half their home games in the regular season (W10 D7 L6).
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:06 pm

We ll see which argyle turns up......
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 12:51 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
Gutted to have missed that one. I've got a knack of being at every single goalless home draw (I haven't missed one for years), but I always miss the exciting games, whether by choice or circumstance. Yesterday was work-related, but I have kept May 23rd free.

You never know. Wycombe failed to hit the top three for a reason: they won less than half their home games in the regular season (W10 D7 L6).

Gutted you weren't there then too, Neutral 0-0 would've been fine!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:04 am

All the Presidents Men wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

Gutted you  weren't there then too,  Neutral 0-0 would've been fine!!!!

lol!

I'm pretty sure this was the first home defeat I've missed all season.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:15 am

Confident that we can at least push the tie to extra time after that who knows anybodys game.
Certainly I'd accommodate Ansah and Banton into the team
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Ansah foreshore, in for Ruby but Banton should be held back as an impact sub, he's too lightweight for 90 mins + maybe et and pens, we need more bite and fight in the middle of the park imo, Cox or Norburn in for Jones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 12:53 pm

I'd be tempted to bring in Ansah up front with Lewi and play Roobs behind them, play more direct and have the front two run at defenders with Roobs mopping up. Bants as impact sub.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:01 pm

We need some physical presence up front, the tactic of directing goal kicks and long punts at Alessandra on Saturday was absolutely demoralising. He made roughly 0% of them stick.

Brunt and Ansah for me.

They did the bizzo at Shrewsbury, they rescued us in the last 20 minutes on Saturday. Reuben hasn't done much at all since his hat trick at Exeter. He is living on reputation, and we need to be realistic now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:04 pm

ejh wrote:
We need some physical presence up front, the tactic of directing goal kicks and long punts at Alessandra on Saturday was absolutely demoralising. He made roughly 0% of them stick.

Brunt and Ansah for me.

They did the bizzo at Shrewsbury, they rescued us in the last 20 minutes on Saturday. Reuben hasn't done much at all since his hat trick at Exeter. He is living on reputation, and we need to be realistic now.

Or he was injured whilst scoring the 3rd goal and isn't fully fit?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:23 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Confident that we can at least push the tie to extra time after that who knows anybodys game.
Certainly I'd accommodate Ansah and Banton into the team

I will be there on Thursday and i do not know what to expect from Argyle.

JS says Argyle will win the second leg. In all truth know one knows and what will be, will be.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:29 pm

Yes Village, you've already told us about 4 times that you'll be there, nobody knows what to expect whether they're going or not..............................Ps..are you going?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:57 pm

THE chris Webb is going into overdrive than ever before on the twitter trying to take credit for argyle fans on saturday singing bob marley.

I can see a t-shirt coming soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:11 pm

one of his fat mates will be twatting a version of my surname next :pighug:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next