Chemical Ali
Les Miserable
Dick Trickle
steveinspain
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Josh Pope

No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:58 am

FY 310 wrote:
Be difficult to leave Ansah on the bench for the 2nd leg. Only one not afraid to test the rookie keeper.

The way he took apart the best defence in League 2 last week suggests he shouldn't have been on the bench this week! An absolutely beautiful strike and would personally start him over Reuben now.
Back to top Go down

No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:00 am

Person Of Interest wrote:
I thought this was pretty impressive.

probably would have looked better if it was dark and more people did it.....and it was at a concert and we werent losing 3-0 at the time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:04 am

I thought the Bob Marley was sung ala Mike Ried and his really bad calypso song for the kippers.
I didn't see this great first half performance tbh, I am sure now that we are carrying half this team and Luggys boys would have stuffed them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:14 am

IF we get to Wembley, that light display will look feckin awesome if everyone does it and it's dark enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:18 am

Yea Man wrote:
IF we get to Wembley, that light display will look feckin awesome if everyone does it and it's dark enough.

doubt it will be dark at all if we get there given its being held in the afternoon.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:21 am

Strange that something as laid back as Three Little Birds had such an effect.

## WHINGE ALERT ##

The wholesale sanitisation of Argyle chanting into a generic set of identikit "ultra" songs, "we'll be coming.." etc really does my head in. They're all so cuddly and could be coming from any club in the land without a true tradition of support.

Compare the atmosphere at the beginning of the Colchester play off when the whole Demport was bouncing to "Johnny comes marching home" with a flare (real red one, not green from ultras'r'us) roared the team on from the start.

## WHINGE OVER ##

:greenrave:
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:34 pm

Argyle seemed to dominate the first half but had no shots on target- AOC seemed to be guilty of missing two good chances. Wycombe were no real threat from open play and both goals came from set pieces, Hayes - who was utter shit when we had him on loan- was fortunate to be in the right place for the first, the second goal was clearly handled but the dire ref missed it.

Wycombe subbed one of their forwards for Bloomfield and took control of the game at the beginning of the 2nd half. Shezza responded by having Banton and Ansah ready to come on, Wycombe won a free kick and it seemed that Argyle players anticipated a change and Wycombe took a quick free kick and scored. The substitutions seemed to make us worse until Ansah's wonder strike. We scored our second with our second shot on target which looked a soft goal- surprised we didn't test their rookie keeper more but bad finishing didn't help.

No 26 cb for them was excellent, but Wycombe were as bad as Stevenage for feigning injury and time wasting.

Second leg is winnable but argyle need to wake up to defending set pieces as all 3 goals came via this route. Gethin jones offered little- maybe start Banton and Ansah must be a shout for starting on Thursday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:41 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Argyle seemed to dominate the first half but had no shots on target- AOC seemed to be guilty of missing two good chances. Wycombe were no real threat from open play and both goals came from set pieces, Hayes - who was utter shit when we had him on loan- was fortunate to be in the right place for the first, the second goal was clearly handled but the dire ref missed it.

Wycombe subbed one of their forwards for Bloomfield and took control of the game at the beginning of the 2nd half. Shezza responded by having Banton and Ansah ready to come on, Wycombe won a free kick and it seemed that Argyle players anticipated a change and Wycombe took a quick free kick and scored. The substitutions seemed to make us worse until Ansah's wonder strike. We scored our second with our second shot on target which looked a soft goal- surprised we didn't test their rookie keeper more but bad finishing didn't help.

No 26 cb for them was excellent, but Wycombe were as bad as Stevenage for feigning injury and time wasting.

Second leg is winnable but argyle need to wake up to defending set pieces as all 3 goals came via this route. Gethin jones offered little- maybe start Banton and Ansah must be a shout for starting on Thursday.

i wouldnt start them myself. Reason being we need impact subs in that second leg and they proven they can change a game if sheridan brings them on with plenty of time.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 2:42 pm

It's no good waiting until we go behind to use them though Angers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Paven wrote:
It's no good waiting until we go behind to use them though Angers.

if we go behind and need to change things who can do it better then them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Yea Man wrote:

And we're at a concert and it's dark, and more people did it, and we're weren't losing 0-3, and............................ah forget it. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:29 pm

Angry wrote:

probably would have looked better if it was dark and more people did it.....and it was at a concert and we werent losing 3-0 at the time

You miserable bastard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Angry wrote:

You miserable bastard.

I'm the first to take the pish and moan but there is nothing to moan about there,that looks good and I really think it lifted the players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Angry wrote:

You miserable bastard.

I'm the first to take the pish and moan but there is nothing to moan about there,that looks good and I really think it lifted the players.

whatever
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:48 pm

Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Angry wrote:

You miserable bastard.

whatever

Angry, were you there? Or are you Xisle in disguise?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Angry wrote:

You miserable bastard.

whatever

season ticket holder didnt go yesterday however the game was on tele LIVE so that old argument is useless here. Thumbs Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:01 pm

So you didn't go, but are trying to argue about atmosphere from your armchair.

LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:05 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
So you didn't go, but are trying to argue about atmosphere from your armchair.

LOL.

sofa actually. if your being picky on that one you can discount 90% of the posts on here on match days or performances. That crowd were no different from the 23 home games i saw this season bar the ending. Loud in the beginning dead for the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Angry wrote:

You miserable bastard.

whatever

season ticket holder didnt go yesterday however the game was on tele LIVE so that old argument is useless here. Thumbs Thumbs

You couldn't be more wrong on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Angry wrote:

You miserable bastard.

whatever

You couldn't be more wrong on this one.

whatever its my opinion on the matter whether others agree with it or not. im not fooled by a few phone lights, bob marley and pieces of card that ultimately covers up how dead they were for the majority of that game nor how bad the team was till the 85th minute despite huff and puff and nothing happening.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:30 pm

I do think the 'atmosphere' for those that were there, is colouring their belief that Argyle can actually win this tie.

Anything is possible of course, but the reality is, for most of the game we were outplayed (at home) and didn't register a shot on goal until the wonder goal itself.

There were no positives - except for the atmosphere - our goals were mostly luck.

Come Thursday and go a goal down... Three birdies get sung and nothing happens..
The reality of another season in this division sinks in, let's talk about the 'atmosphere' then!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Argyle are just so Aviva. II's all about Avivafesting and being a recognisable face on GOS these days. Village..........so utterly village.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:54 pm

What was lucky about our goals compared to, say, their 2nd one?

Or indeed either of the other two?

Deliberately spanking one into the top corner from nearly 30 yards is lucky? Taking a man on in the box, making a yard and having a pop is lucky?

Sorry... no.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 6:09 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
What was lucky about our goals compared to, say, their 2nd one?

Or indeed either of the other two?

Deliberately spanking one into the top corner from nearly 30 yards is lucky? Taking a man on in the box, making a yard and having a pop is lucky?

Sorry... no.

Two of the three Wycombe goals were on the lucky side. One was handball and how the ref did not disallow it is beyond belief. Another was a lame one to concede.

Grabbing those two goals has reignited this Play-Off Semi-final and it is all to play for on Thursday. Surely Argyle can't be as bad as last night again.

I hope JS has had a right go at them and told them that they need to be much more alert and aware on Thursday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 EmptySun May 10, 2015 6:25 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Best atmosphere at an Argyle game for donkeys years and certainly since QPR.

Surreal at 0-3 down and Bob Marley started reverberating around the ground.

1-3 and it got louder.

2-3 and it was nuts.

Never ever have I walked out of the ground having lost and still left with such a buzz.

Regardless of the outcome, that was a proper memorable night.  

Glad somebody else thought that, on the way home I didn't have the depressed feeling I normally have when we lose, felt like we'd won, most strange.

Make no mistake this is not over yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg   No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs!  the Wycombe match thread 1st leg - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

No gimmicks its the blooming playoffs! the Wycombe match thread 1st leg
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next