Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 Vote_lcap28%Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 28% [ 16 ]
At the end of the season even if we do get promoted
Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 Vote_lcap12%Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 7 ]
He should stay whether we're promoted or not
Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 Vote_lcap12%Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 7 ]
He should start drinking whiskey in the dugout, throw his empty bottles at the 4th official and wanker sign the fans at every opportunity.
Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 Vote_lcap29%Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 58

AuthorMessage
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 8:47 pm

Loving the overt pro Sheridan stance this site is taking in retaliation to Pasoti's negativity towards the bloke. I might start a thread on there saying how disgusting eating shit is and see how many of you try to defend it - Pink Flamingos anyone? Generally my points of view on the club are in line with the general consensus of this site, but the pro Shez arguments are becoming flimsier and flimsier. I've defend him up until Saturday, but I think unfortunately there's no way back for him now. Time to move on and I'd sooner gamble and try to achieve something this season and fizzle out in such uninspired fashion.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Very scatological. Says a lot about you, I think.

You cannot deny the stats that we're 1 point off the playoffs with just over a month to go. I know some people have the misguided idea that Argyle is a sleeping giant too big for this division, but we're not...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:10 pm

The short term problem is Sheridan. The long term problem is Brent.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:14 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Tony Waiters was fired by Daniel and co in 1977 with 4 games to go. And Argyle picked up one point from those four games and got relegated. lol! Another top notch decision by the Argyle directorate.

I'd factor in Kemp being replaced by Shilton as another, Sturrock's replacement by Mariner and Mariner's Replacement by Reid for a couple more.

You can't sack a manager until he has failed. Sheridan might be failing but, assuming his target is to be promoted, he hasn't failed yet.

And even if we lose at Cheltenham he won't have failed then either.

He's not going anywhere just yet. That's my shout.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:22 pm

He's not going anywhere. Full stop.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:34 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Loving the overt pro Sheridan stance this site is taking in retaliation to Pasoti's negativity towards the bloke. I might start a thread on there saying how disgusting eating shit is and see how many of you try to defend it - Pink Flamingos anyone? Generally my points of view on the club are in line with the general consensus of this site, but the pro Shez arguments are becoming flimsier and flimsier. I've defend him up until Saturday, but I think unfortunately there's no way back for him now. Time to move on and I'd sooner gamble and try to achieve something this season and fizzle out in such uninspired fashion.

How? They're exactly the same arguments that people like Iggy and myself have been putting forward since the start of the season and which until fairly recently seemed to be espoused by your good self.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:42 pm

spowell92 wrote:

Really, the results of the poll don't read 'Sheridan to stay' 100% do they?

Maybe because you've joined the Sherry out campaign(only since Saturday mind) you feel obliged to take a poke at people taking a more measured, long term and dare I say mature approach.

Is it just me or are all the younger fans like Cobi(who I've just noticed on a thread on that other site desperately trying to get Sherry the sack), Spowell, Greensam, Josh and co noticeably vociferious in the anti camp ? Particularly after he allegedly flicked the v's and mouthed fook off to the grandstand. Feckin' cracks me up in an age where foul language is absolutely everywhere from walking down the street to TV, internet, music etc, etc that these people can show such outrage at next to nothing. The moral high ground is a dangerous place although I'm sure none of the aforementioned have ever swore at or abused anybody, football related or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 10:34 pm

The budget argument is a fair one and I will agree that Brent is the bigger factor holding the club back than Sheridan, but Sheridan's isn't doing a particularly great job and to be frank he seems to be losing it a bit in the media. I couldn't care less personally about him swearing at the Grandstand (which he clearly does at half time, but I see no evidence of the full time Vs claim), or his out burst against the fans, or how he's a bit of a grumpy git - there's no moral high ground for me here Asti, I'm a self proclaimed prick. I respect that he's delivered the best performances Home Park has seen for years and he's done it on a few occasions (although lets be honest, the bars been pretty feckin low). However, the fact he's losing his shit in the media doesn't fill me with confidence in his ability to deliver the necessary motivational team talks required to lift players and impact a game as a manager. The players are inconsistent and need to use their feckin heads a bit more, they're not blameless either. But, Sheridan said earlier in the week in response to his inability to turn a losing position around, by noting that perhaps he needs to do more to impact a game - making substitutions earlier for example. Was this public self revelation put into practice? Was it feck.

Another one of Sheridan's traits is his willingness to stick by his team. Regularly he retains an unchanged XI (injury permitting) regardless of the previous performance or result. Oxford was shit, Dagenham was shit and Newport was shit. The only change from those 3 starting XIs was made out of choice rather than tactical decision making. He stubbornly sticks by the poor performances of Olly Lee, Bobby Reid and THD - his loanees seem immune from his cold nature. Tyler Harvey put in a man of the match performance against Exeter, I challenge anyone to tell me he didn't look special that day. However, the kid's clearly overrated by many and hasn't achieved anything yet, as evidenced by his following showing at Home to Stevenage. Since, he's been shunned from the team almost entirely. Ben Purrington has similarly felt the same lack of confidence from Sheridan and let us not forget Nathan Thomas. They're not young world beaters that anyone can be confident will take the division by storm, but they've been denied opportunity to prove themselves - they've been denied the same opportunity, confidence and respect by the manager as their borrowed colleagues.

To return to the budget debate, yes Brent's budget is a bit of a wank one when it comes to gunning for promotion. We know that there are at the very least 6 sides with a greater budget than us, we can assume that these are - Portsmouth, Shrewsbury, Oxford, Luton, Northampton and I would guess Southend. Only 3 of those sides sit above us in the table however, with 4 clubs running likely on a lower playing budget performing greater than Sheridan's Argyle. While I disagree with EJH that this squad is good enough for the automatics, I do believe that Sheridan is failing to capitalise on the fact that Portsmouth, Oxford and Northampton are spunking away their budget to achieve midtable. To perform as his budget suggests, thanks to the failings of other clubs, we should be 3 positions higher in the division than we currently are. Obviously budget doesn't equate to league position, and thus it is Sheridan's fault that we are performing below it. Worryingly we've failed to score in over half of our games this side of 2015 and now appear to be totally lacking in the ability to carve out chances, let alone putting them away.

The general mood towards Sheridan now is so negative that I'm unsure that he can recover. The team would require a dramatic turn around in performances, and I mean dramatic. There needs to be some evidence of a vision that can be continued on a more consistent basis to propel us into the play offs and out of this feckin division. I've lost confidence that he'll achieve this, but this alone doesn't make me want him sacked. I just don't see the point in him staying here, many fans have turned against him, he's turned against many of the fans, he clearly isn't that enamored by the fact he's managing such a lowly club and I'd say its pretty odds on that his job here is up in the summer regardless. He might as well just go home to his family now and I feel the club would be better off gambling on managerial change.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:00 pm

Some good points well made, some I agree with, others I don't, fecked if I can be bothered to go through them all though !! Suffice to say that I don't agree that you're a prick, you've evolved into an honest and thoughtful poster, prepared to speak your mind on both forums and of all the younger members I find your opinions the most valid and well reasoned, you cock Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:22 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Really, the results of the poll don't read  'Sheridan to stay' 100% do they?

Maybe because you've joined the Sherry out campaign(only since Saturday mind) you feel obliged to take a poke at people taking a more measured, long term and dare I say mature approach.

Is it just me or are all the younger fans like Cobi(who I've just noticed on a thread on that other site desperately trying to get Sherry the sack), Spowell, Greensam, Josh and co noticeably vociferious in the anti camp ?  Particularly after he allegedly flicked the v's and mouthed fook off to the grandstand. Feckin' cracks me up in an age where foul language is absolutely everywhere from walking down the street to TV, internet, music etc, etc that these people can show such outrage at next to nothing. The moral high ground is a dangerous place although I'm sure none of the aforementioned have ever swore at or abused anybody, football related or otherwise.

Ain't that the truth Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:34 pm

Can I point out that I wasn't there on Saturday and am not really fussed what John Sheridan did..

I hope it's an overreaction, I think it might be but on the same page I wouldn't be all that surprised if it had happened. Until someone can show me some proof of it though I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

If we were playing well and winning games then I wouldn't give a hoot what he does, I don't really give a hoot now but we aren't winning games and perhaps alarmingly we aren't scoring many goals either. It's either time for him to pull something special out of his sleeve or maybe there needs to be some form of change.

Either way, I'm just glad I can't go to Cheltenham.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:09 am

spowell92 wrote:
The budget argument is a fair one and I will agree that Brent is the bigger factor holding the club back than Sheridan, but Sheridan's isn't doing a particularly great job and to be frank he seems to be losing it a bit in the media. I couldn't care less personally about him swearing at the Grandstand (which he clearly does at half time, but I see no evidence of the full time Vs claim), or his out burst against the fans, or how he's a bit of a grumpy git - there's no moral high ground for me here Asti, I'm a self proclaimed prick. I respect that he's delivered the best performances Home Park has seen for years and he's done it on a few occasions (although lets be honest, the bars been pretty feckin low). However, the fact he's losing his shit in the media doesn't fill me with confidence in his ability to deliver the necessary motivational team talks required to lift players and impact a game as a manager. The players are inconsistent and need to use their feckin heads a bit more, they're not blameless either. But, Sheridan said earlier in the week in response to his inability to turn a losing position around, by noting that perhaps he needs to do more to impact a game - making substitutions earlier for example. Was this public self revelation put into practice? Was it feck.

Another one of Sheridan's traits is his willingness to stick by his team. Regularly he retains an unchanged XI  (injury permitting) regardless of the previous performance or result. Oxford was shit, Dagenham was shit and Newport was shit. The only change from those 3 starting XIs was made out of choice rather than tactical decision making. He stubbornly sticks by the poor performances of Olly Lee, Bobby Reid and THD - his loanees seem immune from his cold nature. Tyler Harvey put in a man of the match performance against Exeter, I challenge anyone to tell me he didn't look special that day. However, the kid's clearly overrated by many and hasn't achieved anything yet, as evidenced by his following showing at Home to Stevenage. Since, he's been shunned from the team almost entirely. Ben Purrington has similarly felt the same lack of confidence from Sheridan and let us not forget Nathan Thomas. They're not young world beaters that anyone can be confident will take the division by storm, but they've been denied opportunity to prove themselves - they've been denied the same opportunity, confidence and respect by the manager as their borrowed colleagues.

To return to the budget debate, yes Brent's budget is a bit of a wank one when it comes to gunning for promotion. We know that there are at the very least 6 sides with a greater budget than us, we can assume that these are - Portsmouth, Shrewsbury, Oxford, Luton, Northampton and I would guess Southend. Only 3 of those sides sit above us in the table however, with 4 clubs running likely on a lower playing budget performing greater than Sheridan's Argyle. While I disagree with EJH that this squad is good enough for the automatics, I do believe that Sheridan is failing to capitalise on the fact that Portsmouth, Oxford and Northampton are spunking away their budget to achieve midtable. To perform as his budget suggests, thanks to the failings of other clubs, we should be 3 positions higher in the division than we currently are. Obviously budget doesn't equate to league position, and thus it is Sheridan's fault that we are performing below it. Worryingly we've failed to score in over half of our games this side of 2015 and now appear to be totally lacking in the ability to carve out chances, let alone putting them away.

The general mood towards Sheridan now is so negative that I'm unsure that he can recover. The team would require a dramatic turn around in performances, and I mean dramatic. There needs to be some evidence of a vision that can be continued on a more consistent basis to propel us into the play offs and out of this feckin division. I've lost confidence that he'll achieve this, but this alone doesn't make me want him sacked. I just don't see the point in him staying here, many fans have turned against him, he's turned against many of the fans, he clearly isn't that enamored by the fact he's managing such a lowly club and I'd say its pretty odds on that his job here is up in the summer regardless. He might as well just go home to his family now and I feel the club would be better off gambling on managerial change.

If you think that Argyle have better players in the squad than those two, then you really are dreaming. What does the S in your name stand for-Swimwiththetide?
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:23 am

No one should be immune from being dropped, yet loanees do seem to get away with lackluster performances while home grown talent in the squad for example are shunned for putting a foot wrong. I'm not just talking about starting matches though, but when they're clearly not performing well or effecting games why are they getting 80/90 minutes? If it just isn't coming off for them on a particular day, allow someone else the opportunity to cause some influence in the final 30, even 20 minutes. No doubting that THD and Bobby Reid are more proven players than Ben Purrington and Tyler Harvey, for example, but if the former two aren't performing, why aren't the latter being given an opportunity?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 12:46 pm

Too many on here hate Brent too much to ever consider apportioning any manager some blame for this lack of guts, drive, quality and attacking intent.

Judge Brent by the quality of players we have now over the ones he inherited.

Judge Sheridan on his ability to win matches and the manner in which he tries to do it with the resources at his disposal.

It's not JB's fault Banton was a wreck after being convinced to sign permanently, that Reuben has a nasty foot injury, that Sheridan has built an overly defensive side with nothing other than a number 9 to provide goals. That our team has played three matches in a row of crap football where it is hard to detect our strategy for getting the ball in the net. In fact it appeared there wasn't one at all.

JS fans cling to this idea that we have an average budget. Reuben, McCormick, Hartley, McHugh, Nelson, O'Connor, Cox - these are not average players. They are very good quality players for this level and have agents who ensure they get paid what they deserve. Together, a very well assembled squad of players let down by a manager who isn't getting the best out of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 12:51 pm

ejh wrote:
Too many on here hate Brent too much to ever consider apportioning any manager some blame for this lack of guts, drive, quality and attacking intent.

Judge Sheridan on his ability to win matches and the manner in which he tries to do it with the resources at his disposal.

It's not JB's fault Banton was a wreck after being convinced to sign permanently, that Reuben has a nasty foot injury, that Sheridan has built an overly defensive side with nothing other than a number 9 to provide goals. That our team has played three matches in a row of crap football where it is hard to detect our strategy for getting the ball in the net. In fact it appeared there wasn't one at all.

JS fans cling to this idea that we have an average budget. Reuben, McCormick, Hartley, McHugh, Nelson, O'Connor, Cox - these are not average players. They are very good quality players for this level and have agents who ensure they get paid what they deserve. Together, a very well assembled squad of players let down by a manager who isn't getting the best out of them.

WE DONT NOT HAVE A SQUAD WE HAVE A TEAM FFS speak english knob
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 12:55 pm

If only we still had Young and Thomas....
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:20 pm

Thomas was the only player in the squad who could scare the shit out of his full-back before whipping in a dangerous cross at speed. We really need that.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:

Shurely shome mishtake?

Squad = all of our players.

Team = the 11 who are on the field at any given time.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:27 pm

ejh wrote:

I agree with this plus Sam's point about home grown talent.
I feel sorry for Harvey and I think Sheridan is fooking his career up.
He's a striker who Sheridan has converted to a midfielder yet he never plays him in midfield so doesn't rate him so why fook him about?
He has to travel all over the country when he knows dam well he will never get a game no matter what happens.
He probably doesn't bother take his boots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:40 pm

ejh wrote:

And so it is written so it will come to pass, these good players for this league will keep us in this league for the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 2:10 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:

Shurely shome mishtake?

Squad = all of our players.

Team = the 11 who are on the field at any given time.

And who in the squad is good enough to dislodge someone in the first 11? If you go through there is a gulf in class between the starting 11 and the rest. Thats why we dont have a squad but a team.

Blizzard not up to standard
Norburn not good enough,
Harvey is living on the back of a few goals and has done next to nothing since,
Purrington is too one position and we dont play i,
Brunt is a 10-15minuter at best,
Bittner is there to back up mccormick and sit on the bench,
Bentley and Allen not good enough atm,
Banton is only now starting to make an effort
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 6:32 pm

ejh wrote:

Not true. Just about everyone on this site apportioned blame to Fletcher when he was manager and people like Tringreen have by no means been Sheridan supporters in any shape or form. You say "judge Brent by the quality of player now compared to the ones he inherited", then you go on to name 7 players who you consider to be above average [which I actually wouldn't disagree with].Leaving aside the fact that 7 decent players never did constitute a good squad, would it not be more accurate to say that the limited increase in the quality of the squad is due to Sheridans appointment rather than the start of Brent's tenure? Because as I remember it, the early part of Brent's reign consisted of allowing Fletcher to accumulate a bucketful of dross which was without question taking Argyle into the realms of nonleague football. Or has that been airbrushed out of your Argyle history book now, in the same way as that stuff you posted yesterday about Morgan not getting a chance under Sheridan when in fact he was a fixture in the team until sustaining a serious shoulder injury and then suffered a black out in training on his return? Jesus wept man, the way you talk it's as if the bloke is the only football manager in history ever to leave a player out of a team or release a young local player. And JS fans do not "cling to the idea that we have an average budget". There is no cling about it because the words that Argyle were operating on a budget between 7th-9th in the division came from Brent himself at a supporters meeting in Bodmin, around about last September and recorded by Green Rhino on PASOTI. According to Starnes awhile back, Argyle are on course to break even this season, so it looks as if that budget has been adhered to. Is that a reality too difficult to understand?
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:01 pm

Man enough to apologise, not that he particularly needed to IMO, might please a few whingers I suppose.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:07 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Man enough to apologise, not that he particularly needed to IMO, might please a few whingers I suppose.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He didn't need to appologise to a bunch of Pasoti Bed Wetters, the guys under pressure why should he take stick and not react?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:47 pm

Sounds sincere, I wonder if any pressure was applied from above in the interests of pr, hopefully Shez would've told them to swivel if that was the case Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan Poll.....
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next