Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 28% [ 16 ]
At the end of the season even if we do get promoted
Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 7 ]
He should stay whether we're promoted or not
Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 7 ]
He should start drinking whiskey in the dugout, throw his empty bottles at the 4th official and wanker sign the fans at every opportunity.
Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 58

AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 9:43 pm

Elias wrote:
er not quite i think we got 60 odd ! 2000-2001 is the season i refer

Yes I realise that, just emphasising that were a few blips in the following season as well. And to be fair to Sturrock, in that 2000/2001 season he took over when the team were in a dire position at the end of the Hodges reign [4-0 down at half time at Cheltenham was a particularly nightmarish afternoon]-once Argyle were safe, he used the latter half of it to start building his successful team.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 9:49 pm

in fact wasnt the start of 2002-3 a bit dodgy with a lean spell autumn to xmas ?
strong finish to that campaign mind,
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 10:14 pm

Elias wrote:
in fact wasnt the start of 2002-3 a bit dodgy with a lean spell autumn to xmas ?
strong finish to that campaign mind,

It was AFAICR. The signing of Norris made a difference, saw him score on debut in a win at Crewe. Again, Sturrock used the second half of the season once Argyle were clearly going neither up or down to experiment and bring in people like Capaldi and Gilbert. And the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Get a feckin room Stattos study Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 11:49 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
For me it's pretty straight forward -  Shez simply doesn't give a toss for the opinions of people heckling him. The difference between him and a lot of other managers in that position, is that Shez doesn't care if he isn't the darling of the terraces.
Heard his interview this morning - correct he does'nt give a toss about anger towards him, but he sounded mighty pissed off about his players being boo'd loudly at half time, as it was unsupportive and un helpful. He may have had a point.
Thats it for me. He said ''play-offs minimum'' so lets see if he can deliver. I don't care if he runs around in a pink tutu, sprouting some nursery rhyme while juggling 2 pints of northern mild if we go up. Like JS, I don't give a stuff about what people think of me. I am who I am so take it or leave it. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 11:52 pm

As a manager he set himself a target, and so should get a chance to see it through.

Play-offs were a minimum though, so surely it's inevitable what will happen if we don't make them?

What happens if we make them and then lose will be the biggest problem for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 12:56 am

Swearing at your own fans should be a sack-able offence in my view. If I worked in a shop and swore at a customer I'm pretty confident I'd be dismissed.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 4:13 am

Pitbull wrote:
Swearing at your own fans should be a sack-able offence in my view. If I worked in a shop and swore at a customer I'm pretty confident I'd be dismissed.

And what if the customers regularly swore at you, abused you and shouted in the shop to other customers that you were the worst sales assistant ever even though your performance record showed you were generally polite with year on year improvement? All this plus an internet hate campaign condoned some of your employers was being orchestrated? Would you not react in some way that showed your frustration?

What swear words did Sheridan use? Did you personally hear them? Were they aimed at you personally?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 6:48 am

Hitch wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

And what if the customers regularly swore at you, abused you and shouted in the shop to other customers that you were the worst sales assistant ever even though your performance record showed you were generally polite with year on year improvement? All this plus an internet hate campaign condoned some of your employers was being orchestrated? Would you not react in some way that showed your frustration?

What swear words did Sheridan use? Did you personally hear them? Were they aimed at you personally?

Good Post

Football fans deliver some horrendous abuse to players and managers and then cry like babies on social media and to the police if the person snaps.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 7:34 am

Sheridan knows more about football than those shouting abuse ever will.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:45 am

He should probably fall on his sword should we not be promoted this term, but 'be careful for what you wish for' in that if we get a new manager and aren't in the automatic promotion spots in September will the Argyle 'faithful' be calling for his head as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 10:34 am

Fans moaning about getting sworn back at are the sort of people that will start a fight then go straight to the old bill saying they've had a smack in the mouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 10:45 am

Sheridan does seem to get a lot of grief.

I wouldnt blame him for fekkin off at the end of the season,
theres obviously no ambition within the higher end of the club and he probably realises it.

BRENT and all Pork related numpties OUT
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:26 am

I agree about the 'don't give if you can't take' but not everyone yells abuse. I know one lady who has spent £300 on tickets and methods of getting to the last three games to see us pick up one point and not even score once. Personally I think she's allowed to voice her opinion.

It's all part and parcel of football anyway, and it's not easily comparible to other jobs.

So while I don't condone abuse from either party, fans who pay a lot of money to watch what can sometimes only be described as dross (which happens at every football club) and should rightly have their opinions heard imo.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:32 am

Shaun Derry's just been sacked by Notts County. So it's not too late in the season to be fired.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:43 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
Shaun Derry's just been sacked by Notts County.  So it's not too late in the season to be fired.  
Big difference in one place away from relegation and one place away from play- offs, wouldn't you say?
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:44 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
Shaun Derry's just been sacked by Notts County.  So it's not too late in the season to be fired.  

Notts County are fifth from bottom not one point off the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:55 am

Hitch wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:
Big difference in one place away from relegation and one place away from play- offs, wouldn't you say?

No, I agree. I still think he's the man for the job for the time being. But I don't think the timing is relevant to the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 2:29 pm

Tony Waiters was fired by Daniel and co in 1977 with 4 games to go. And Argyle picked up one point from those four games and got relegated. lol! Another top notch decision by the Argyle directorate.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 4:57 pm

His game is up, go now I say. Someone else might yet be able to save it.

He's overseen such a spectacular series of slumps after good form that even if we were to win three or four on the bounce I wouldn't really enjoy it, I'd just be waiting for the next inevitable slump. To make winning runs unenjoyable is quite some achievement red card
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Pitbull wrote:

Did he actually do that or is this yet another made up story to suit the cause.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 5:03 pm

It's safe to say it was made up - if it were true then the thread on the other site would be about 100 pages long rather than 20. And there would be 5 separate polls and talk of a march from the City Centre to the club shop.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 5:07 pm

Maybe even a bucket collection for the taxi fare?
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 6:46 pm

X Isle wrote:

He's overseen such a spectacular series of slumps after good form that even if we were to win three or four on the bounce I wouldn't really enjoy it, I'd just be waiting for the next inevitable slump. To make winning runs unenjoyable is quite some achievement red card      

Were you there on Saturday?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 6:58 pm

X Isle wrote:

On occasions you've posted some crap but this latest one is real bollox !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan Poll.....
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next