Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 28% [ 16 ]
At the end of the season even if we do get promoted
Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 7 ]
He should stay whether we're promoted or not
Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 7 ]
He should start drinking whiskey in the dugout, throw his empty bottles at the 4th official and wanker sign the fans at every opportunity.
Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 58

AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 12:19 pm

Just had a glance over on the Farm. I reckon if that GreenArmy84 fella came home to find his missus having a threesome with Brenty and Shez, he'd pull up a chair, pop his Jester hat on and start loudly applauding.

#delightedyou'rebangingthewife Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 12:21 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Will the Chubby Cheerleader allow a similar Jimmy /Jonny poll on the non democratic forum he owns?

Why of course......... as long as he gets to choose the questions....... and who votes....... and the result geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 12:21 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Will the Chubby Cheerleader allow a similar Jimmy /Jonny poll on the non democratic forum he owns?

of course he will and de liar will work it so brent comes out of it squeaky clean
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
:cheers:Just had a glance over on the Farm. I reckon if that GreenArmy84 fella came home to find his missus having a threesome with Brenty and Shez, he'd pull up a chair, pop his Jester hat on and start loudly applauding.

#delightedyou'rebangingthewife Thumbs
Thats is brilliant bhey, made i laugh!cheers
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 12:25 pm

And the rant is all about him!!
He's the one who has taken it personally, he doesn't give a fook about the players.
Look how he's treated some of them.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 12:37 pm

steveinspain wrote:
Sheridan.....

He's treating the Argyle fans like twats.

Well in fairness - with present company excepted of course - so many of them are, right up to the boardroom. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 1:30 pm

I am truly baffled by some of the resentment towards him. Anyone would think we were fighting off relegation again.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 1:33 pm

The dogs of war have been unleashed, they smell blood, as Angry says, 1 point of the playoffs with 8 or 9 matches left is far better than our recent history.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 1:55 pm

He does seem to have been tag-teamed by the site manager and a once key sponsor of the club.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Angry wrote:
I am truly baffled by some of the resentment towards him. Anyone would think we were fighting off relegation again.

It goes back a long way with some fans, back to 1987 when Sheridan had a ruck with Nicky Law in that 6-3 game and then 16 years later committed the ultimate heresy of sticking his nut into Friio's phizog after the latter had gone over the top in a tackle-nearly sparked a riot, both sent off and all sorts of ructions in the tunnel. I know from speaking to some Argyle fans of my acquaintance that the incidents were remembered with some clarity and TBH I got the impression that some have been waiting for him to fail ever since his appointment. Not the only reason of course-Sheridan is no Holloway or Dave Smith when it comes to establishing a rapport with the fans and his rather unsmiling demeanour does him no favours in that department. Load of crap as far as i'm concerned-some very successful managers such as Ramsey, Catterick, Jim McClean, even Ferguson at times,have been among the most miserable stone faced old buggers ever to walk the planet-but Sheridan has been judged on his alleged personality deficiencies more than any Argyle manager in my memory and I've seen a few over the last 50 years. An interesting alternative history scenario would be to imagine what the reaction would have been if Fletcher had been kept on and thence obtained the same results as Sheridan-certainly it wouldn't have incurred the vitriol that the current manager seems to attract. Having said all that, it was daft of him to have a pop yesterday and even dafter if he flicked a V at a supporter as has been alleged. Plenty of managers over the years have taken worse abuse without reacting in that manner, he should have treated it with dignified contempt and counted to ten or even ten thousand before commenting, even if he may have had a point.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 3:28 pm

Talking of managers, anyone going to this as posted on PASHITTY "Nostalgia Night with Paul Sturrock - Tues 24 March - Bodmin".
Won't be a dry eye in the house, all those wonderful moments we shared. Laughing Surprised Sad
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 3:36 pm

Maybe the booing gee'd up the team for that better 2nd 1/2 display, lets face it, dullard has rarely engineered a turn around of any worth!!

He should man up and shut the fcuk up!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 3:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:

It goes back a long way with some fans, back to 1987 when Sheridan had a ruck with Nicky Law in that 6-3 game and then 16 years later committed the ultimate heresy of sticking his nut into Friio's phizog after the latter had gone over the top in a tackle-nearly sparked a riot, both sent off and all sorts of ructions in the tunnel. I know from speaking to some Argyle fans of my acquaintance that the incidents were remembered with some clarity and TBH I got the impression that some have been waiting for him to fail ever since his appointment. Not the only reason of course-Sheridan is no Holloway or Dave Smith when it comes to establishing a rapport with the fans and his rather unsmiling demeanour does him no favours in that department. Load of crap as far as  i'm concerned-some very successful managers such as Ramsey, Catterick, Jim McClean, even Ferguson at times,have been among the most miserable stone faced old buggers ever to walk the planet-but Sheridan has been judged on his alleged personality deficiencies more than any Argyle manager in my memory and I've seen a few over the last 50 years. An interesting alternative history scenario would be to imagine what the reaction would have been if Fletcher had been kept on and thence obtained the same results as Sheridan-certainly it wouldn't have incurred the vitriol that the current manager seems to attract. Having said all that, it was daft of him to have a pop yesterday and even dafter if he flicked a V at a supporter as has been alleged. Plenty of managers over the years have taken worse abuse without reacting in that manner, he should have treated it with dignified contempt and counted to ten or even ten thousand before commenting, even if he may have had a point.

Seems a pretty stupid reason to hold a grudge against someone!! however jannars like elephants never forget silly things.

i dont believe he did flip the v's at fans yesterday as i nevver saw it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 4:16 pm

I think Sheridans correct, I mean what's the point in booing at half time FFS, not a good first half, I think we all realise that, but the second half we dictated play and virtually only one team in it, sure we're firing a few blanks but fecking hell look at Reid cramping up, the fellas injured and not training, give the bloke a break for chrissakes.
Some so called supporters need to get over themselves and wonder just what are they there for ?

And as for booing at the end of the game, hopefully that's just frustrations don't think you could fault the effort
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 5:32 pm

Graiser wrote:
I think Sheridans correct, I mean what's the point in booing at half time FFS, not a good first half, I think we all realise that, but the second half we dictated play and virtually only one team in it, sure we're firing a few blanks but fecking hell look at Reid cramping up, the fellas injured and not training, give the bloke a break for chrissakes.
Some so called supporters need to get over themselves and wonder just what are they there for ?

And as for booing at the end of the game, hopefully that's just frustrations don't think you could fault the effort
The so called supporters paid good money to be entertained, not watch negative dross and clueless football! they have every right to boo the useless team, manager,and the general shitness that hovers over home park these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 5:38 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:

The so called supporters paid good money to be entertained, not watch negative dross and clueless football! they have every right to boo the useless team, manager,and the general shitness that hovers over home park these days.

Absolutely if you not happy let the players, management and the clueless divs in the boardroom know it the only way you can that is peaceful compared to other forms of protests bar not going.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 5:41 pm

End of season regardless of where we are. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 6:16 pm

There's a number of observations to be made here. For starters Greenskin is dead right: Sheridan does himself few favours. When it comes courting popularity it appears as though he simply doesn't give a shit and, right enough, he is a very dour individual.

The next thing is obvious: when fans aren't happy a scapegoat is invariably found. Obviously Brent can do no wrong so it cannot be him and we can't yet round on the players because they still might get us over the line and so the spotlight lands on Sheridan. Previously he's been castigated for poor body language, every now and then the location of his house and family gets brought up and this time the poisonous epithet of "part-time manager" gets added. None of this would be even mentioned if we were doing well enough; all of it is irrelevant bullshit whatever the results.

Now we have the alleged finger or V aimed at supporters. Did he do it twice? Probably not. Probably didn't do it at all but no matter it's all grist to the mill. It reminds me of the end stages of Bobby Williamson when he got involved with some supporters (up at Crewe?) and from then on the stories started (none of which were ever confirmed; many of which to my certain knowledge were simply untrue). What happened on Tuesday night? Oh yeah: Sheridan got into a row with supporters at Dagenham. All very familliar.

It goes right against my grain for me to be anything other than supportive of team and manager so what I am about to type is difficult for me but there are observations to be made about Argyle under Sheridan this season. The first of which is that every time we come to a game or run of games in which we need points to press on and keep up pressure on opponents we blow it. The 4 defeats in a row at Christmas killed our automatic promotion hopes stone dead and the last 3 games have yielded only 2 points against either mediocre opposition or a rival we could do with beating. That stat about not being able to come from behind having conceded the first goal is a killer, too. This isn't the form of a team steam-rollering all before it as it chases the prize.

And finally we have good players all over the pitch and some of them are even very talented: we have an excellent goalie; good reliable centre backs; wing backs that offer plenty both offensively and defensively; we have a 20 goals per season striker and another not far behind; we have a midfield that works its socks off; a settled team formation; the starting XI more or less picks itself. And yet despite all of that, and all of it being good, we are where we are and that is on the fringes hoping desperately, as opposed to confidently expecting, that we can hang in there to claim a play-off spot and then somehow emerge victorious from the next 3 games. Will we do that? Right now it doesn't feel like it. Right now it feels as though we are watching opportunity slip away.

And so a scapegoat is needed and there's only 2 names in the frame: Brent and Sheridan. Obviously dissing Brent for many is unthinkable and Brent has many apologists who will do all they can to protect their man and Sheridan's lack of positive PR means he's got few people on his side. Like I said I find it difficult to be anything other than fully behind our manager whoever it may be but I'm struggling to find Sheridan's better qualities beyond an obvious good eye for a player and the fact that without him we would have been relegated out of the league 2 years ago but 2 years ago is an eternity in football and our talented players are not, at present, getting it done.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:11 pm

TBH, I can only think of around half a dozen Brent apologists these days, at most.

The fact that all of them bar none fall into the same bracket of either......

a) Owning Pasoti

b) Moderating/Site Managing Pasoti, or

c) Being REAL MATES of people who fall into bracket a) or b)....

....is pure coincidence.

Probably.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
There's a number of observations to be made here. For starters Greenskin is dead right: Sheridan does himself few favours. When it comes courting popularity it appears as though he simply doesn't give a shit and, right enough, he is a very dour individual.

The next thing is obvious: when fans aren't happy a scapegoat is invariably found. Obviously Brent can do no wrong so it cannot be him and we can't yet round on the players because they still might get us over the line and so the spotlight lands on Sheridan. Previously he's been castigated for poor body language, every now and then the location of his house and family gets brought up and this time the poisonous epithet of "part-time manager" gets added. None of this would be even mentioned if we were doing well enough; all of it is irrelevant bullshit whatever the results.

Now we have the alleged finger or V aimed at supporters. Did he do it twice? Probably not. Probably didn't do it at all but no matter it's all grist to the mill. It reminds me of the end stages of Bobby Williamson when he got involved with some supporters (up at Crewe?) and from then on the stories started (none of which were ever confirmed; many of which to my certain knowledge were simply untrue). What happened on Tuesday night? Oh yeah: Sheridan got into a row with supporters at Dagenham. All very familliar.

It goes right against my grain for me to be anything other than supportive of team and manager so what I am about to type is difficult for me but there are observations to be made about Argyle under Sheridan this season. The first of which is that every time we come to a game or run of games in which we need points to press on and keep up pressure on opponents we blow it. The 4 defeats in a row at Christmas killed our automatic promotion hopes stone dead and the last 3 games have yielded only 2 points against either mediocre opposition or a rival we could do with beating. That stat about not being able to come from behind having conceded the first goal is a killer, too. This isn't the form of a team steam-rollering all before it as it chases the prize.

And finally we have good players all over the pitch and some of them are even very talented: we have an excellent goalie; good reliable centre backs; wing backs that offer plenty both offensively and defensively; we have a 20 goals per season striker and another not far behind; we have a midfield that works its socks off; a settled team formation; the starting XI more or less picks itself. And yet despite all of that, and all of it being good, we are where we are and that is on the fringes hoping desperately, as opposed to confidently expecting, that we can hang in there to claim a play-off spot and then somehow emerge victorious from the next 3 games. Will we do that? Right now it doesn't feel like it. Right now it feels as though we are watching opportunity slip away.

And so a scapegoat is needed and there's only 2 names in the frame: Brent and Sheridan. Obviously dissing Brent for many is unthinkable and Brent has many apologists who will do all they can to protect their man and Sheridan's lack of positive PR means he's got few people on his side. Like I said I find it difficult to be anything other than fully behind our manager whoever it may be but I'm struggling to find Sheridan's better qualities beyond an obvious good eye for a player and the fact that without him we would have been relegated out of the league 2 years ago but 2 years ago is an eternity in football and our talented players are not, at present, getting it done.

They aren't that talented though, at least not in the area which matters most, putting the ball in the net. A cliché? Sure it is but as someone once said, cliches become clichés because they're true. I've been banging on all season about the lack of goals from players other than the strikers and if ever there was a microcosmic demonstration of the problem it was in the second half yesterday. Argyle had about half a dozen efforts which could have brought a goal, some were just wide, some induced good saves from the keeper. They certainly weren't bad efforts but they weren't good enough and the significant factor was that as far as I can remember they all fell to midfield players or wing backs. You can have the best defence in the league and two of the best strikers but unless that goalscoring support is forthcoming, then a successful outcome to a season is very unlikely. That's been my viewpoint from the start of the season and nothing has happened in the meantime to change my mind. Sheridan to blame for recruiting too many of the wrong type of player or have the budgetary restrictions precluded the signing of goal scoring midfielders, who don't grow on trees? You pays your money and takes your choice.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 9:02 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Talking of managers, anyone going to this as posted on PASHITTY "Nostalgia Night with Paul Sturrock - Tues 24 March - Bodmin".
Won't be a dry eye in the house, all those wonderful moments we shared. Laughing Surprised Sad

i recall some DISMAL fare under sturrock MARK 1 too !

halifax 2 argyle 0
scunthorpe 4 argyle 1
blackpool 1 argyle 0 - basically dont go over the half way line FFS!
Kiddy 3 argyle 0
argyle 0 brighton 2
lincoln 2 argyle 1

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 9:05 pm

also sheridan isnt carl fletcher so he s been on a hiding to nothing since day one.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 9:09 pm

Should we get to the play offs, cant see us winning through. Happy to be proved wrong.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 9:13 pm

Elias wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

i recall some DISMAL fare under sturrock MARK 1 too !

halifax 2 argyle 0
scunthorpe 4 argyle 1
blackpool 1 argyle 0 - basically dont go over the half way line FFS!
Kiddy 3 argyle 0
argyle 0 brighton 2
lincoln 2 argyle 1

In that season when Argyle got 102 points, i saw them lose at Luton, Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe and Bristol Rovers [in the cup admittedly].There were a few wins as well but even those included a game at Exeter when Larrieu pulled off 10 miracles, the Argyle woodwork was worn out and the Exeter keeper did Dracula impersonations. Great season though.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 9:27 pm

er not quite i think we got 60 odd ! 2000-2001 is the season i refer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan Poll.....   Sheridan Poll..... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan Poll.....
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next