Josh Pope
Dougie
Les Miserable
Chemical Ali
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 4:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Minimum wage up by 20p an hour, what's that a fiver a week for the proles, that'll keep them happy, all in it together. cherry
Still no word from the Tories about taxing the top ten per cent and no news on capping farm subsidies either.
Plenty on cutting benefits though.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Iggy wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Minimum wage up by 20p an hour, what's that a fiver a week for the proles, that'll keep them happy, all in it together. cherry
Still no word from the Tories about taxing the top ten per cent and no news on capping farm subsidies either.
Plenty on cutting benefits though.

Could a sane mod move this to the correct thread please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Disappointing but the advantage of having strength is depth is that we have Cox, Blizzard, Norburn or Lee to pick from all of whom have something useful about them. That said, massive pain in the arse that he went just as he'd found his best position (I was never completely wild about him as a wing-back). But then I guess if not for the recall clause we'd never have got him to begin with.

A week and a bit to find an adequate replacement on loan.

The more I think about your comment, the more I'm appalled.

You're amongst the first to attack our manager when a string of results don't go our way yet you expect him to overachieve with a squad reliant on loanees.

With the chair of our Trust playing to respective crowds on both websites and at least 2 other Trust board members waiting to stick the proverbial knife into our Manager's back, it's fooking bleak.
In the nicest possible way, get over yourself.

'Appalled'.

It's a personal opinion, not that of the Trust. All League Two squads have a few loanees in. Just use google if you don't believe me. However, you're never gonna agree with me on this one and I'm never gonna agree with you on it. I've given my reasons as to why in a billion different posts and I dare say I'll be roped into giving it in a billion more. Equally, you and people similar to you have given your reasons in reverse a billion times such is the nature of debate. I think I'm right and you think you're right. It really is bordering on the dramatic to be using words such as 'appalled' for having a different opinion to yours.

Ps. If you think those opinions are so unpalatable for a Trust board member to have then that's your prerogative. If you're a member, stand against me for election next time. If you're not a member, why not become one and do the same thing. I don't mean to sound too severe with you but there seems to be a sort of thoughtcrime punishment by some people on here (and yes, on the other site as well) that if you think something too unsuitable or differing from the groupthink mentality it gets personal.

And you tell him to "get over himself"
My philosophy is very simple, Angry. Be civil to me and I'll be civil back.

Coxside has every civil right to be 'appalled' at me holding a perfectly legitimate opinion. I use the same right to call him a bit of a drama queen for it.

Thanks for the positive responses towards me but no further comments necessary. Let's move on...onto the next bust-up. Who wants a barney over the price of pasties?

Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 6:00 pm

Pilgrim Pastys over Ivors is the worst decision of the Brent regime imo. Forget hiring Fletch, forget the sale of Hourihane and the HHP disaster pales in comparison. I know it was put to a democratic vote, but feck that - this decision needed real leadership and he showed himself to be a spineless coward but allowing such muck to be served in the ground rather than opting for the pure quality delight of a Dewdney.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 6:36 pm

I never buy anything in the ground these days, I always buy a pasty or two on the way to the game a smuggle a drink in with me. Crap service, extortionate prices and poor quality fayre, not for me. Oh for the days when the young bheys used to walk up and down the Lyndy with a box full of pasty's !!
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 6:44 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
I never buy anything in the ground these days, I always buy a pasty or two on the way to the game a smuggle a drink in with me. Crap service, extortionate prices and poor quality fayre, not for me. Oh for the days when the young bheys used to walk up and down the Lyndy with a box full of pasty's !!

Maybe I should organise a pasty racket at the back of the Lyndy... Idea
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 10:12 am

spowell92 wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Maybe I should organise a pasty racket at the back of the Lyndy... Idea

Good idea. The little old lady in the kiosk at the back of the old Lyndhurst used to sell superb pasties, must confess to getting two at a time and not for anyone elses consumption. Thinking about it, during the Hodges era they were probably the highlight of the afternoon, along with being able to have a consoling fag while watching the shit being unveiled before your very eyes and the odd moment of uncontrollable mirth when someone's seat broke from under them as they sat down. laugh Things must be bad, getting nostalgic for the Hodges era.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 10:22 am

When we had the ATD meet James Brent night at the Cherry Tree, I think Peter Jones said that the playing budget is split- the manager (think it was Fletch at the time) gets part of it at the beginning of the season, with part of the pot held back for loans etc later in the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 10:32 am

Reckon all the pots are empty now.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Not got a pot to piss in! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3