Dougie
Les Miserable
Chemical Ali
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield Empty
PostSubject: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 2:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shame as he seemed to be doing a good job in Midfield.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 2:28 pm

Why did they allow a recall clause to be included in an end of season loan, poor negotiating from the club here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 2:43 pm

Seems Chesterfield recalled him due to sheffield wednesday recalling caloan Lavery due an injury to will keane.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 2:55 pm

That's a blow FFS!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 3:30 pm

bit of a blow. wonder who will replace him in tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 3:34 pm

Dougie wrote:
bit of a blow.  wonder who will replace him in tomorrow.

lee
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Presumably Lee will come in and that will be the only change. Would personally opt for Lee and Blizzard in for tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Shit. This is where the over reliance on the loan system fecks us up, it did over Christmas and it could end up costing Argyle very dearly, very good player who will be missed. When can players be signed again?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Oh FFS.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Shit. This is where the over reliance on the loan system fecks us up, it did over Christmas and it could end up costing Argyle very dearly, very good player who will be missed. When can players be signed again?

Now, I think the loan deadline finishes on the last Thursday in March?
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Angry wrote:
Why did they allow a recall clause to be included in an end of season loan, poor negotiating from the club here.

Chesterfield would only agree to a loan that allowed a recall clause. End of season loans don't include a recall option so the clubs agreed on an emergency loan of a maximum of 93 days, hence why he wouldn't be available come the play offs if we successfully made it that far. Its not poor negotiating at all to be honest, we have absolutely no negotiating power considering we're asking to borrow another club's player.

Drew did his bit, but thankfully we have Olly Lee back to fill in in midfield and Mellor has returned to fitness (although sadly not to form) to play RWB. A blow for sure, he has looked fantastic in the middle of the park, but I don't think he's a player that we were absolutely dependent on to make the play offs. We'll fall just short with or without him. cheers :Suicide:
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Bummer.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:41 pm

The trouble with the loan system. Norburn, O'connor and Cox for me with the wing backs playing as full out wing backs.
Lately it has seemed to me that the wing backs have been given to much defending responsibilities which has resulted in Lewis and Reuben drifting out wide to often.
I have said it many times trust the back three and the defensive midfielders. They are all very good players in my opinion.
We would also have the option of bringing on Bobby and Banton if more attacking options are required.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Apparently played a blinder at Oxford, but would see his recall as a minor setback, don't think he was a player who was absolutely essential for sitting in the top seven at end of season.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:53 pm

Because Sheridan was giving a crap budget, ( the ninth best in the basement so i read) he has to rely on loan signings, mostly short term sent to the outback to get match fit then recalled! No foundations have been laid for a promotion push which will lead to the club finishing about ninth, same as the budget.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:11 pm

Shite. He looked handy in midfield, always seemed to get to the ball first with great reactions, nippy feet and willingness to stick his boot in. He was also a better wing back than the currently ineffectual Mellor. Big loss.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:13 pm

Lee in then - he's OK. Onwards.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:16 pm

FCOL No
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Disappointing but the advantage of having strength is depth is that we have Cox, Blizzard, Norburn or Lee to pick from all of whom have something useful about them. That said, massive pain in the arse that he went just as he'd found his best position (I was never completely wild about him as a wing-back). But then I guess if not for the recall clause we'd never have got him to begin with.

A week and a bit to find an adequate replacement on loan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:44 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Disappointing but the advantage of having strength is depth is that we have Cox, Blizzard, Norburn or Lee to pick from all of whom have something useful about them. That said, massive pain in the arse that he went just as he'd found his best position (I was never completely wild about him as a wing-back). But then I guess if not for the recall clause we'd never have got him to begin with.

what strengthen in depth?

blizzard is substandard and cox cant stay fit
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:59 pm

damn...

Play off chances all but over now, especially as we seem to be relying on a partially injured reuben.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:01 pm

what happened to actually assembling a coherent SQUAD of players rather than a part time bunch of loanee's.

I remember when we last got promoted from this hell hole, we had a coherent core of players that could perform week in, week out, we had backup, we had subs that could perform..

these days we seem to be making do with loanee's and ebay knock off's and it p*sses me off.

it didnt cost that much! wtf is the problem? u will NEVER get promoted if your squad is owned by other teams
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:05 pm

argyl3 wrote:
what happened to actually assembling a coherent SQUAD of players rather than a part time bunch of loanee's.

I remember when we last got promoted from this hell hole, we had a coherent core of players that could perform week in, week out, we had backup, we had subs that could perform..

these days we seem to be making do with loanee's and ebay knock off's and it p*sses me off.

it didnt cost that much! wtf is the problem? u will NEVER get promoted if your squad is owned by other teams

exactly
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:07 pm

out of interest - how many of our first team squad do we actually own? been so many ins and outs ive lost track
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:24 pm

GreenSam wrote:

We've only just replaced Tynan ffs, even that 's questionable.

When you next speak to Brent, tell him our Manager needs a squad of players for a whole season, not a month here and there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield   Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield Empty

Back to top Go down

Talbot Recalled by Chesterfield
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next