GreenSam
Mrrapson
Chemical Ali
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Lavery recalled by wednesday Empty
PostSubject: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:24 pm

Bugger!

Reported on Wednesday's Twitter account-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Bugger!

Reported on Wednesday's Twitter account-

arse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:26 pm

and there you have it i told you there would be a sour to come after the sweet of banton singing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:29 pm

He will probably go back there and never play,i thought he was the best player on the pitch against torquay.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:35 pm

On the official shite now-

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:38 pm

FFS!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:47 pm

Angry wrote:
and there you have it i told you there would be a sour to come after the sweet of banton singing.

True but if a Championship side want him in and around their matchday squad then there's nothing we can do.

That said, I'm not arguing that the announcements were most probably 'timed' very neatly.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Brent's Cheerleader is trying to drum up support for Saturday though-

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:00 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Angry wrote:

True but if a Championship side want him in and around their matchday squad then there's nothing we can do.

That said, I'm not arguing that the announcements were most probably 'timed' very neatly.

thats what i am saying sam its the timing of both its typical of the brent era too sweet n too sour. The recalling i cant argue against as it was always probable when a 24hr recall is in the deal. Its a shame but there is nothing you can do against it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:23 pm

I did think that Banton's wages along with Lavery's was a show of ambition, seeing as we're also interested in the Palace full-back as well.

Great that Banton's on board, big blow that Lavery's off though. It may well be that Banton won't fit into the side as well as Lavery did recently?

It also makes you wonder what budget we've been operating on before if there was transfer money and high wages available?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:31 pm

So up front alongside Reid, we have the options of, Allesandra,the new boy Thomas the permanently crocked Morgan, or Harvey whose out on loan.

Bugger indeed.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Harvey isn't out on loan anymore, also Morgan isn't really permanently crocked as he's only had one long term injury (this one) in his whole career.

You missed out Banton as an option too.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:10 pm

A loanee out and a permee in, looks to be decent business to me, perhaps you boys should start considering cutting Harry a bit of slack.

Gnome wasn't built in a day you know.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:12 pm

Don't think we are buggered with Lavery going although it is disappointing, given Reid is at the moment in good form and Allesandra is assisting well and Thomas is another reasonable option. Given the whole squad is gelling with improved team and individual performances we are still an improved side from just recently and the goals are starting to come.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:12 pm

Did Harvey bomb at Salisbury? Don't recall reading too much about his exploits.  scratch 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:34 pm

This sort of thing will happen time and time again.
Apart from injury cover, loans should only be employed as an excellent way to really push for promotion well into the second half of the season and get in some icing on the cake that a club normally couldn't afford. Hull did it to perfection when they got promoted to the Premier.
I don't blame  Sheridan for this obviously, and I'm pleased Brent has seen sense and offered Banton a season and a half to make his name. But surely this sort of commitment should be commonplace in a transfer window, not a major coup. To have it sorted early in the window is also good practice.

Argyle had better hope it wasn't Lavery that was boosting Reid's performances. Things can go wrong very quickly up front when one of a pair disappears suddenly. It can ruin all sorts of balance and play options.
As for cutting Brent some slack, Tiddles, you really do sound more and more like Naploeon with every post.... a new stadium for nothing,  take what you can get, we're lucky just to be alive, the list is endless. I think you two should be an item.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Very disappointing.

Would rather have kept Lavery than signed Banton. We're worse off than before the transfer window IMHO.

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Did Harvey bomb at Salisbury? Don't recall reading too much about his exploits.  scratch 
Scored one in five (I think) but not all of his five games were full 90 minutes.

From what I read he did alright without setting the world alight there which is understandable. As long as he's making his mistakes with someone else, there's definite talent there.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 8:53 pm

LMAO

Well called Angry.

Argyle is what is it, owned by a 'self moderated' owner.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:47 am

Bollocks.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:55 pm

Lavery Scores for Sheff Wed against Leeds and playing very well. (5-0)

So there goes our chances of bringing him back Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Just scored for Wednesday against Leeds
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Big shame that he got recalled,but that is football.

Argyle will have to move on and try to keep the good results [and more importantly,the confidence] going.

JS has said he will keep tabs on him now that he has gone back.

Will it be a huge loss,probably. Argyle must kick-on as best they can,now he is no longer in the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 2:06 pm

I trust John's brother can find another striker who can make the same impact here we could do with a natural goalscorer alongside Reid for a playoff push if one is to be mounted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 2:08 pm

scored his second now

definately not coming back here anytime soon sadly well done to him in anycase
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lavery recalled by wednesday   Lavery recalled by wednesday Empty

Back to top Go down

Lavery recalled by wednesday
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next