Josh Pope
pepsipete
Tringreen
argyl3
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:40 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Wotton and Sturrock were lined up to take over from Sheridan just before we went on our winning run.

I think Sheridan will make it to the end of the season but I expect a Wotton/Sturrock partnership to take over.

that would been the doing of politics backstage from pasoti and jones if that happens not what's right by the club or for business. Sturrock is a dinosaur and been out of the game for 2-3 years not to mention failed out right the last time and wotton is a cvnt to put it in a polite way.

If and When sheridan goes sturrock and/or wotton are not the right men to takeover. Nor is Warnock for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:41 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Wotton and Sturrock were lined up to take over from Sheridan just before we went on our winning run.

I think Sheridan will make it to the end of the season but I expect a Wotton/Sturrock partnership to take over.

In terms of options, that'd be the epitome of NOSTALGIC/CHEAP/DESPERATE. No
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Ahhhhh but the sycophants, bucket rattlers and tent dwellers would love it...........keeping the fine gentleman free from deserved scorn. Maybe the fringe will be brought back to lunch with Luggy and chuck a few quid into the ever emptying pot.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 7:59 pm

I wonder how much of this anti-Sheridan feeling, particularly amongst the younger fans, is down to the fact that he isn't a 'supporters manager'. Would he be better liked if he waved more to the fans, and did more fist pumps at matches? Or if he engaged more with the press and the community?

Probably, given how fickle some are.

I think he's doing a reasonable job, given the budget he has. He's brought some decent players and gets them playing decent football most of the time. He doesn't get it right all the time, but who does?

It's to his credit that he concentrates on the team and doesn't get involved in the more unprofessional bucket rattling type activities that beset this football club.

My view is that he'll be gone at the end of the season. The pasoti mafia will get their orders and restart the campaign to get him out. With the cheaper Wotton waiting in the wings aided by Sturrock who will be grateful just to be involved again, it's a no-brainer.

There is really no end in sight to the mediocrity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:06 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I wonder how much of this anti-Sheridan feeling, particularly amongst the younger fans, is down to the fact that he isn't a 'supporters manager'. Would he be better liked if he waved more to the fans, and did more fist pumps at matches? Or if he engaged more with the press and the community?

I think he's doing a reasonable job, given the budget he has. He's brought some decent players and gets them playing decent football most of the time. He doesn't get it right all the time, but who does?

It's to his credit that he concentrates on the team and doesn't get involved in the more unprofessional bucket rattling type activities that beset this football club.

My view is that he'll be gone at the end of the season. The pasoti mafia will get their orders and restart the campaign to get him out. With the cheaper Wotton waiting in the wings aided by Sturrock who will be grateful just to be involved again, it's a no-brainer.

Peter Reid never lived in Plymouth and he is seen as a darling to the youngsters where as i think he is a shit manager. You have a poiint and i feel that is part of the reason they hate him. Sheridan is paid to get results on the pitch not get involved with pasoti bollocks like fletcher used too which is the way it should be and if brent was a competent club owner he wouldnt pander to pasoti's threats either.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Indeed.

I would prefer a more experienced manager to replace JS if he does go at the end of the season. Not a Wotton/Sturrock combo.

If Argyle fail to go up, JS will face three options :-

1) he gets the sack
2) he resigns
3) he carries on as normal and tries again to lift Argyle out of L2.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:27 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Quite possibly so Gary. This era seems to value image just as much as any other of the aspects which go to make up a manager, although Wenger has never been one for jumping around like a Dervish with the screamers and he hasn't really done that badly.I suppose we were brought up on people like Ron Saunders, Don Revie and Bill Nicholson, the original tight lipped ashen faced supremo's-couldn't give a toss about image myself, not relevant IMHO. It certainly seemed to send a few people into orgasm mode when Shez gave it the fist pump at Exeter last week, not just younger fans to be fair. I've also got a bit of a theory that a lot of the more senior fans have never really forgiven him for sticking his forehead into Friio's dial at HP when JS was playing for Oldham about 10 years ago and a near riot followed, stewards and fans piling into the tunnel when they started scrapping after both were sent off. There was also some agro when he was playing for Leeds in that 6-3 match years earlier as well- he was never Mr Popular at HP and bad memories can last a long time. Love to have seen him playing for us though-vicious but classy with it.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:34 pm

This seasons tenth place could well be looked on as Glory Days this time next year, when i fear we will be uber shit with the simple village folk in total control of the club.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:34 pm

I really couldn't care less for his media work, I'm just unconvinced by his managerial ability. The players he signs are very often excellent, but the tactics can be baffling. McHugh was played at left back for far too bloody long, he clearly can't develop our own youth and Mellor up front? What was that about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:50 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
I really couldn't care less for his media work, I'm just unconvinced by his managerial ability. The players he signs are very often excellent, but the tactics can be baffling. McHugh was played at left back for far too bloody long, he clearly can't develop our own youth and Mellor up front? What was that about?

he won this league and the JPT in one season cheers
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:02 pm

but not with us..
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:09 pm

It's funny Shez gets slated for not developing our inconsistent youth players (who get very little reserve team football) whilst demanding promotion from him.

Perhaps McHugh was played at left back as opposed to Purrington on the recommendation of our future manager, defensive coach Paul Wotton?

I think we should be begging Shez to stay TBH
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:13 pm

You said you were concerned with his "managerial ability". He 'managed' a team to the title in this league.

In fact, that's like putting Lewis Hamilton in a sub-standard car and when he doesn't win the fooking F1 title, you say that you were concerned with his 'driving ability'.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:13 pm

that was fer Joshy
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:17 pm

If people seriously think I'm one of those people who doesn't rate Sheridan just because he doesn't leap around waving his arms about then they don't know me. You're both better debaters than to seriously expect that from me. You may not agree with my opinions on Sheridan but I've always explained my reasons for it logically and given examples to support my view. I still wouldn't rate his tactics even if he turned up in a clown outfit and dancing to Semper.

That said, as much as I'm ambivalent about Sheridan's future with us, this rumour about a Sturrock/Wotton partnership to replace him is absolutely one of the last things I would want when it comes to a replacement. If he goes at the end of the season, I very much hope we conduct a full interview process and appoint the best man for the job no matter if he has an Argyle history or not. I would of course be open to being won over if it happened but the idea of a Sturrock/Wotton partnership just absolutely stinks of disaster to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
but not with us..

silly reply
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:29 pm

I've argued more than once that all the "he just stands there with his arms folded" stuff is simply something to have a pop at when there isn't anything else readily available. It's as cheap as it is pointless.

On the other hand tactically the horrible stat about not winning when the other team scores first just won't go away. Is that because he's tactically clueless or is it just that the best XI start the match and the replacements just aren't good enough to impact as we might hope?

I don't know, and neither does anybody else I'd wager, whether the lack of strength in reserve is Shreidan's fault for squandering what budget he has or Brent's fault for not giving him a big enough budget to start with.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I've argued more than once that all the "he just stands there with his arms folded" stuff is simply something to have a pop at when there isn't anything else readily available. It's as cheap as it is pointless.

On the other hand tactically the horrible stat about not winning when the other team scores first just won't go away. Is that because he's tactically clueless or is it just that the best XI start the match and the replacements just aren't good enough to impact as we might hope?

I don't know, and neither does anybody else I'd wager, whether the lack of strength in reserve is Shreidan's fault for squandering what budget he has or Brent's fault for not giving him a big enough budget to start with.

iagree, What has jumping up and down going to do? its not going to change a game or influence decisions is it. Also it worth noting Sturrock never did anything in the dugouts ieither.

i wager that the budget only allowed for a strong 11 and not alot else and sheridan chose to go for that over a squad which is his fault as it is brent for not getting football by now.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:45 pm

GreenSam wrote:
If people seriously think I'm one of those people who doesn't rate Sheridan just because he doesn't leap around waving his arms about then they don't know me. You're both better debaters than to seriously expect that from me. You may not agree with my opinions on Sheridan but I've always explained my reasons for it logically and given examples to support my view. I still wouldn't rate his tactics even if he turned up in a clown outfit and dancing to Semper.

That said, as much as I'm ambivalent about Sheridan's future with us, this rumour about a Sturrock/Wotton partnership to replace him is absolutely one of the last things I would want when it comes to a replacement. If he goes at the end of the season, I very much hope we conduct a full interview process and appoint the best man for the job no matter if he has an Argyle history or not. I would of course be open to being won over if it happened but the idea of a Sturrock/Wotton partnership just absolutely stinks of disaster to me.

I didn't specify you Sam. But you know as well as I do that there has been pages and pages of shite from others on PASOTI when Argyle have had a bad spell about Sheridan not jumping about or standing by the dug out or whatever and it seemed to me that the majority [although not all, to be fair] came from younger posters.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Fair play, tbh I didn't think it was directed at me but if it was, that would have been my reply Very Happy

I do also think your 'memories of Friio' theory has some merit in all fairness.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 7:32 am

Josh Pope wrote:
I really coudn't care less for his media work, I'm just unconvinced by his managerial ability. The players he signs are very often excellent, but the tactics can be baffling. McHugh was played at left back for far too bloody long, he clearly can't develop our own youth and Mellor up front? What was that about?

What the hell do you know about managerial ability ?

No ruben and luke would mean relegation.
We only had one of them misding saturday and got chinned with ease.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 8:49 am

Where are all the stats that show these players are "excellent." All our signings are old, crocked, injured or have floated around the lower leagues being average. I've heard you rave about Blizzard but from what Ive seen he's average at this level, Shez bought him on on Saturday and all he did was blaze over. When did we sign a player who was captain of their team who had scored ten goals from midfield or twenty from centre forward (and don't mention Roobs cos we bought him as a crock and he turned good. Good league two players will keep you in league two, it was predicted, threadbare squads will choke at this end of the season, that was predicted as well, the league table rarely lies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 9:53 am

Iggy wrote:
Where are all the stats that show these players are "excellent." All our signings are old, crocked, injured or have floated around the lower leagues being average. I've heard you rave about Blizzard but from what Ive seen he's average at this level, Shez bought him on on Saturday and all he did was blaze over.  When did we sign a player who was captain of their team who had scored ten goals from midfield or twenty from centre forward (and don't mention Roobs cos we bought him as a crock and he turned good. Good league two players will keep you in league two, it was predicted, threadbare squads will choke at this end of the season, that was predicted as well, the league table rarely lies.

My hope is someone will convince brent to realise that he has to invest in a squad not just a team whoever is manager for next season and we learn lessons from this season should we fail.

What worries me more is if we do get promote will the reluctant one actually give Sheridan or whoever the funds to build a squad to stay up?

No is my guess
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 9:59 am

Elias wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:
I really coudn't care less for his media work, I'm just unconvinced by his managerial ability. The players he signs are very often excellent, but the tactics can be baffling. McHugh was played at left back for far too bloody long, he clearly can't develop our own youth and Mellor up front? What was that about?

What the hell do you know about managerial ability ?

No ruben and luke would mean relegation.
We only had one of them misding saturday and got chinned with ease.

Very true, Ruben and Luke (and one or two others) have carried this team to where it is now without them we would be mid to lower half
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 10:01 am

Iggy wrote:
Where are all the stats that show these players are "excellent." All our signings are old, crocked, injured or have floated around the lower leagues being average. I've heard you rave about Blizzard but from what Ive seen he's average at this level, Shez bought him on on Saturday and all he did was blaze over.  When did we sign a player who was captain of their team who had scored ten goals from midfield or twenty from centre forward (and don't mention Roobs cos we bought him as a crock and he turned good. Good league two players will keep you in league two, it was predicted, threadbare squads will choke at this end of the season, that was predicted as well, the league table rarely lies.

Pretty much agree with this 100%.
I keep hearing posters here and on the farm posting that the squad is good enough but if we fail it's all the managers fault that he hasn't got the best out of them.
As Iggy said when have we signed somebody who we all thought was a good buy and would make a big difference to our team.
When we have bought we have bought decent squad players but nobody who would put a few bums on seats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

if we bottle promotion this year
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next