Tringreen
argyl3
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

if we bottle promotion this year Empty
PostSubject: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 10:28 am

If we bottle promotion this year I am convinced Pasoti will get Sheridan sacked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 10:33 am

argyl3 wrote:
If we bottle promotion this year I am convinced Pasoti will get Sheridan sacked

And replace him with Wotton im sure Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

If dont make it too the playoffs Rolling Eyes it wont just be Sheridan who will be off whether he ealks or gets booted Nelson and Reid will too and we will have a fight on to keep O'Connor, Alessandra, Hartley and McHugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 10:48 am

Well they got us the god awful stripes so who knows, anything is possible as they say.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 11:07 am

'The club that wouldn't die'............... it just became a bucket rattling embarrassment..........as predicted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

laugh
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 11:24 am

After Saturday I feel we have bottled it this year. Let em all leave, clearly not good enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 11:38 am

Wot Pete said but the reason we have bottled it this year is because of a threadbare squad, lot of weight on Roobens shoulders. Sheridan won't get sacked by Brent anyway, year on year progress and all that. We have done much better than last year but too much kudos will be given to the stronger clubs that in general have about a third of our support. Next season we need our present squad all signed up, hope Reuben a) stays with us and b) doesn't breakdown, then sign the five or six flair loan players to make a full squad. Argyle lite isn't cutting it, it is the problem period.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 11:41 am

With this squad there's no way we shouldn't be promoted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 11:46 am

Iggy wrote:
Wot Pete said but the reason we have bottled it this year is because of a threadbare squad, lot of weight on Roobens shoulders. Sheridan won't get sacked by Brent anyway, year on year progress and all that. We have done much better than last year but too much kudos will be given to the stronger clubs that in general have about a third of our support. Next season we need our present squad all signed up, hope Reuben a) stays with us and b) doesn't breakdown, then sign the five or six flair loan players to make a full squad. Argyle lite isn't cutting it, it is the problem period.

relying heavily like we have on loan players in the last few seasons although can have its benefits but as we have seen time after time that once they leave the team struggles and it disrupts us.

Next Season we need a strong Squad with depth so for example if we lose reuben or lewis  we have someone who is more than capable of stepping up and scoring goals so that when reuben or lewis return they have to earn their spot back and thats how it should be throughout the squad IMO not how it is atm where if someone drops out the team is fecked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 11:48 am

Oh bolocks Josh, imagine playing with the present first eleven then have say Nardiello, Lavery, a decent centre back, a scoring midfielder (one who has actually scored goals not having potential) and an old pro like Wotton or Hayles? People talk about Shezzas tactics and how he doesn't change a game, the fact is if our best eleven isn't working the only option we have is to replace them with less talented players, that's never going to work. Anyway if this squad is so feckin brilliant how come we fall to pieces when we miss a single striker surely a good squad would cope?
Ps if you want to see how good this squad is have a look at the league table it never lies.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 12:12 pm

We got the ninth best budget and were eighth in the league, Shezz deserves a payrise he's over achieving!!! Takeaway Rubes and mc'cormick and this squad is average to poor depending on how many loans the non investor allows in.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 12:29 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
We got the ninth best budget and were eighth in the league, Shezz deserves a payrise he's over achieving!!! Takeaway Rubes and mc'cormick and this squad is average to poor depending on how many loans the non investor allows in.

This!

Shez has worked wonders in spite of brent. If Shez had a budget anywhere near that of Burton it could be 2001 all over again.

It's the mass exodus of L2 standard players in the summer that we should now worry about. Next season wil be another grim battle against explulsion from the FL.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 12:36 pm

I've had this debate too many times to count but I think Sheridan has done well to establish a top 4/5 in the league squad with a 5/6/7/8/9 in the league (depending on who you listen to, it's an estimate anyway) budget. However, having then established that squad, he should then be doing better with it. He's generally a good spotter of players but then doesn't get the best out of those who he does sign.

I wouldn't be hanging out the bunting if he was sacked but I wouldn't be holding back the tears either. How badly would he have to do to convince some of you that he was at least PARTLY culpable? Bottom half? Bottom 8? Not having a pop just genuinely interested.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 12:46 pm

GreenSam wrote:
I've had this debate too many times to count but I think Sheridan has done well to establish a top 4/5 in the league squad with a 5/6/7/8/9 in the league (depending on who you listen to, it's an estimate anyway) budget. However, having then established that squad, he should then be doing better with it. He's generally a good spotter of players but then doesn't get the best out of those who he does sign.

I wouldn't be hanging out the bunting if he was sacked but I wouldn't be holding back the tears either. How badly would he have to do to convince some of you that he was at least PARTLY culpable? Bottom half? Bottom 8? Not having a pop just genuinely interested.
Before i reply to your question, will you be taking a screen shot of my responce, for your records ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 12:49 pm

GreenSam wrote:

If he only has a budget to field a strong 11 and nothing interms of quality and depth after that its no wonder we keep having blips. He is doing a good job its the board not giving proper funding that need to be shouldering the blame aswell if we fail to reach the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:08 pm

GreenSam wrote:

Good Post .....I agree with most of what Greensam has said........Sheridan has done well with picking squad members this season......it would be nice to know the players that where his first choices...that he fail to bring to HP....there where quite a few I think.

But if Sheridan left at the end of the season I wouldn't cry.....if he stays then I would like him to get the full potential from his squad next season.....at present that is a job in progress still, so frustrating at times when they lose to a team they should beat.

His main problem is to lure a goalscorer to give Rueben Reid and Alessandra some serious competition for places.....there positions at the moment are cast iron secure......and that shouldn't be the case.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:23 pm

If we fail to get promoted in May, then it is the same old shite next season.

They debate over on PASOTI.

Steve.PAFC2012 says - Majority of the players have had experience of playing in league 1 or have experienced getting promoted out of this league. I think the team is there but the man making the decisions is holding them back.

IJN says - I think this team IS capable of winning promotion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:34 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Before i reply to your question, will you be taking a screen shot of my responce, for your records ?
Hilarious. No. Do carry on.

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

If he only has a budget to field a strong 11 and nothing interms of quality and depth after that its no wonder we keep having blips. He is doing a good job its the board not giving proper funding that need to be shouldering the blame aswell if we fail to reach the playoffs.
I disagree. We've had Cox, Blizzard, Banton(who has failed here but needed the best to be got out of him) and some other very capable players sat on our bench for lengthy spells all season. And I keep coming back to the issue, which are these League Two clubs who have benches and reserve teams full of top quality players. Would we have a shit budget by League One or certainly Championship standards? Yeah. But every club in League Two bar the odd exception like Bury and Shrewsbury make do on a poverty budget. It's about having a manager who gets the best out of them. I believe in blaming the board when I feel it necessary and in blaming Sheridan when I feel it necessary. As much as it would be a simple and easy narrative for it to be true, I doubt he was under board instructions to play McHugh at left-back for so long when we had a very capable left-back sat on the bench in the shape of Ben Purrington. I doubt he is under board instructions to have Bobby Reid taking corners when his ability to do so is mediocre at very best.

He is a very good talent spotter and has got the most out of his budget. He's not got the most out of his squad though. Anyway just my view and I've had this debate so many times on here we're probably never going to agree. Just out of interest how badly would he have to do to at least shoulder some blame?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:40 pm

GreenSam wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Hilarious. No. Do carry on.

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

I disagree. We've had Cox, Blizzard, Banton(who has failed here but needed the best to be got out of him) and some other very capable players sat on our bench for lengthy spells all season. And I keep coming back to the issue, which are these League Two clubs who have benches and reserve teams full of top quality players. Would we have a shit budget by League One or certainly Championship standards? Yeah. But every club in League Two bar the odd exception like Bury and Shrewsbury make do on a poverty budget. It's about having a manager who gets the best out of them. I believe in blaming the board when I feel it necessary and in blaming Sheridan when I feel it necessary. As much as it would be a simple and easy narrative for it to be true, I doubt he was under board instructions to play McHugh at left-back for so long when we had a very capable left-back sat on the bench in the shape of Ben Purrington. I doubt he is under board instructions to have Bobby Reid taking corners when his ability to do so is mediocre at very best.

He is a very good talent spotter and has got the most out of his budget. He's not got the most out of his squad though. Anyway just my view and I've had this debate so many times on here we're probably never going to agree. Just out of interest how badly would he have to do to at least shoulder some blame?

Disagree all you want the facts are there to see and league table never lies.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:53 pm

Well...yes.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Josh Pope wrote:

I really don't know how you come to that conclusion. Our 1st eleven (including loanees) when fully fit are as good as any in this league but that's where it ends.

If you include O'Connor (who wasn't with us for most of January and will likely be gone at the end of the season), 4 of those 11 aren't ours and haven't been available to us for much or some of the season. Several of those 11 have been playing whilst carrying injuries which isn't really helpful as it must hinder their performance some weeks, Hartley wasn't his usual self yesterday for instance, Roobs is now out injured, Cox seems to regularly struggle. We have no real cover when Nelse or Hartley are out. We're relying on Brunt who has never proven himself at league level to cover up front. Our midfield aren't capable of stepping up when our forwards are having an off day.

If you look at our bench, you can rightly argue they're mostly Shez's signings but no manager gets it right every time. Blizzard was seen as an improvement on what we had at the time but he appears surplus to requirements now and he certainly ain't changing a match. Banton has been a huge disappointment, is this down to the player or the manager?. Norburn, Hourihane's replacement ffs. Harvey is a bit of a mystery but aside from one good game against Exeter, he hasn't done much when given the rare chance. The only substitute to have really changed a game this season (from memory) is Brunt and he started yesterday. The bench is a huge weakness in terms of our squad.

Given the hindrances against Shez this season, the enforced sale of Houriane, the loan fiasco throughout January, the unfortunate injuries to both Hartley and Nelse when the loan window was closed, all in all I think we're fortunate to be still in with a shout of play-offs. It might be worth remembering just how crap we were before Shez arrived.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 2:38 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

I really don't know how you come to that conclusion.  Our 1st eleven (including loanees) when fully fit are as good as any in this league but that's where it ends.  

If you include O'Connor (who wasn't with us for most of January and will likely be gone at the end of the season), 4 of those 11 aren't ours and haven't been available to us for much or some of the season.  Several of those 11 have been playing whilst carrying injuries which isn't really helpful as it must hinder their performance some weeks, Hartley wasn't his usual self yesterday for instance, Roobs is now out injured, Cox seems to regularly struggle.  We have no real cover when Nelse or Hartley are out.  We're relying on Brunt who has never proven himself at league level to cover up front.  Our midfield aren't capable of stepping up when our forwards are having an off day.

If you look at our bench, you can rightly argue they're mostly Shez's signings but no manager gets it right every time.  Blizzard was seen as an improvement on what we had at the time but he appears surplus to requirements now and he certainly ain't changing a match.  Banton has been a huge disappointment, is this down to the player or the manager?.  Norburn, Hourihane's replacement ffs.  Harvey is a bit of a mystery but aside from one good game against Exeter, he hasn't done much when given the rare chance.  The only substitute to have really changed a game this season (from memory) is Brunt and he started yesterday.  The bench is a huge weakness in terms of our squad.

Given the hindrances against Shez this season, the enforced sale of Houriane, the loan fiasco throughout January, the unfortunate injuries to both Hartley and Nelse when the loan window was closed, all in all I think we're fortunate to be still in with a shout of play-offs.  It might be worth remembering just how crap we were before Shez arrived.

Think you must be my long lost twin brother Coxside.

Edited to add;

You poor old fecker. lol!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

I really don't know how you come to that conclusion.  Our 1st eleven (including loanees) when fully fit are as good as any in this league but that's where it ends.  

If you include O'Connor (who wasn't with us for most of January and will likely be gone at the end of the season), 4 of those 11 aren't ours and haven't been available to us for much or some of the season.  Several of those 11 have been playing whilst carrying injuries which isn't really helpful as it must hinder their performance some weeks, Hartley wasn't his usual self yesterday for instance, Roobs is now out injured, Cox seems to regularly struggle.  We have no real cover when Nelse or Hartley are out.  We're relying on Brunt who has never proven himself at league level to cover up front.  Our midfield aren't capable of stepping up when our forwards are having an off day.

If you look at our bench, you can rightly argue they're mostly Shez's signings but no manager gets it right every time.  Blizzard was seen as an improvement on what we had at the time but he appears surplus to requirements now and he certainly ain't changing a match.  Banton has been a huge disappointment, is this down to the player or the manager?.  Norburn, Hourihane's replacement ffs.  Harvey is a bit of a mystery but aside from one good game against Exeter, he hasn't done much when given the rare chance.  The only substitute to have really changed a game this season (from memory) is Brunt and he started yesterday.  The bench is a huge weakness in terms of our squad.

Given the hindrances against Shez this season, the enforced sale of Houriane, the loan fiasco throughout January, the unfortunate injuries to both Hartley and Nelse when the loan window was closed, all in all I think we're fortunate to be still in with a shout of play-offs.  It might be worth remembering just how crap we were before Shez arrived.

One can't argue with that, however, Argyle have improved slightly since.

The sale of CH was a blow to JS and he has had to shuffle the pack to accommodate that.

Are this team good enough to go up, i would say possibly, but as we enter the final stages of the 2014-15 season we will now see who the men are and who the boys are. Argyle will need some good luck in the final weeks of this campaign.

When Argyle were having that fine run, they were by far the in-form side in League Two at the time, then it all started to go wrong in quick fashion.

I feel that Argyle have done well to try and recapture that form, which leaves them in with a chance to make the POs.

If this side is as good as some say they are, then now is the time to get heads straight and get on with the job of trying to get out of league Two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Sheridan holding the players back is he? Lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Wotton and Sturrock were lined up to take over from Sheridan just before we went on our winning run.

I think Sheridan will make it to the end of the season but I expect a Wotton/Sturrock partnership to take over.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 6:32 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Wotton and Sturrock were lined up to take over from Sheridan just before we went on our winning run.

I think Sheridan will make it to the end of the season but I expect a Wotton/Sturrock partnership to take over.

Gawd........... even more pasty n pint parties with their heroes, for the Aviva faithful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if we bottle promotion this year   if we bottle promotion this year Empty

Back to top Go down

if we bottle promotion this year
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next