Mock Cuncher
sufferedsince 68
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool!   Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:07 am

Only been on a supporters' coach once, never again !

The FA Cup at Forest in the 70's. Lost 2-1.

On the way back, one of our passengers got duffed up by Gas fans at a service station. Our driver spent the next two hours trying to find the hospital in Bromsgrove, where he'd apparently been taken by ambulance. He eventually parked outside a boozer in the High Street and walked off. We sat there for 10 mins then moi and another guy decide to nip into said boozer for a quick one . We hadn't been in there for more than 2 mins when another passenger ran in to tell us the driver was back and he was leaving. We ran outside to see the twat driving off, leaving us all stranded.
Got back to Plymouth on the milk train, next morning from Birmingham New St.

Times have moved on in the last 40 years and now we have.............
Live interview on Radio Devon from the magic bus between Dave and a Hartlepool fan, re the forthcoming big match ! Dear oh dear ..............

These people need sectioning, including the radio station for encouraging them !

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool!   Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:25 am

If the m42 had existed that would never have happened !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool!   Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:40 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Iggy wrote:
My boy and his mates used to go on loads of coach away trips and had a great crack, they've all got cars now.

You cannot bring booze onto the buses any more and the 'craik' of attending away games has long since gone.
No fun anymore.

The last remaining bit of atmosphere at HP was sucked out when they closed Zoo Corner and turned it into a family area, ill wager lot's of those  who originally sat in that area no longer attend and who can blame them.

The whole 'lads day out concept of going to football' seems to be lost in time in this day and age, more-so at Argyle.

All due respect to those that travel but those images on GOS are hardly going to get people scrambling to get to the supporters coaches even if the product on the pitch was half decent.

I think I mentioned on another thread somewhere that at the home or away games that I have been to this season, and the last few before that is that it's exclusively (and again all due respect) either old people or kids and teenagers that make up the majority of our support.

The whole 20-50 age bracket seems to be entirely missing at PAFC which I find is less of a case to when I visit other club's grounds, and believe you me I've been to most of them in England including some non-league.

Instead of berating people for their observations perhaps the club and others on here should be asking themselves why the club is missing an entire generation of working class adult males who were once the mainstay of the club's support.

I'm one of them, block fifteener (I'm aware that it's not true Zoo but remember that back in the day the away sopport would fill up 18 down). It's also a trouble with seated staidia, before it was all seated I personally used to move around the ground a lot more, I never bothered with a season ticket before all seating came along and I used to pick and choose where I stood depending on the game and who was going. I used to love it at a busy match, try and get through the crowd to where your mates were, the crowd in a big shoulder to shoulder swaying mass, just not the same is it?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool!   Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:59 am

Nope. Hate it now. Can't drink, can't smoke, can't swear, have to be PC, can't stand, rip off refreshments etc etc.......................

Throw in the fringe and his bollox run by fans for fans mantra, followed by the reluctant one, his jamboys, the tent , the buckets , the holier than thou Avivas and the game was up for me............................. and now many others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool!   Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:08 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Iggy wrote:
My boy and his mates used to go on loads of coach away trips and had a great crack, they've all got cars now.

You cannot bring booze onto the buses any more and the 'craik' of attending away games has long since gone.
No fun anymore.

The last remaining bit of atmosphere at HP was sucked out when they closed Zoo Corner and turned it into a family area, ill wager lot's of those  who originally sat in that area no longer attend and who can blame them.

The whole 'lads day out concept of going to football' seems to be lost in time in this day and age, more-so at Argyle.

All due respect to those that travel but those images on GOS are hardly going to get people scrambling to get to the supporters coaches even if the product on the pitch was half decent.

I think I mentioned on another thread somewhere that at the home or away games that I have been to this season, and the last few before that is that it's exclusively (and again all due respect) either old people or kids and teenagers that make up the majority of our support.

The whole 20-50 age bracket seems to be entirely missing at PAFC which I find is less of a case to when I visit other club's grounds, and believe you me I've been to most of them in England including some non-league.

Instead of berating people for their observations perhaps the club and others on here should be asking themselves why the club is missing an entire generation of working class adult males who were once the mainstay of the club's support.

Its a thing with Plymouth and the Westcountry, not just Argyle. Anyone beyond the age of 20 clears off ASAP if they can.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool!   Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool! - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:07 pm

That's why, particularly when the club is on a roll, the away attendance figures are boosted by so many exiles ,who incidentally don't have the right to comment on the farm Rolling Eyes .
Back in the day I used to attend most London games and anywhere else within 100 miles or so. The depressing, writing on the wall once Holloway left and trips to places like the Ricoh and the Hawthorns for inevitable defeats, rather finished me off.
Now it has reached a whole new level of villagification, as predicted .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool!   Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fans to give team talk at Hartlepool!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4