James Brent poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%James Brent poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 7 ]
No
James Brent poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap90%James Brent poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 90% [ 64 ]
Total Votes : 71

AuthorMessage

James Brent poll - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 6:23 pm

MTM wrote:
I have to confess I voted stay. Not because I think he's doing well but because I don't know of a viable alternative. If it's Brent or bust it has to be JB. But if there is someone else out there who loves the greens I'd bite their hand of at the elbow.

How does anyone know who is out there or not really. If you want to sell a house you dont know who wants to buy it unless you actually put it up for sale. Did anyone know of James Brent and all the others (bar heaney or course as he was known via truro) when the club was up for sale last time or before it was?

The club isnt in Admin anymore although has no assets but it will attract more potential bidders than last time and this time it wont just be about the carpark.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Angry wrote:

How does anyone know who is out there or not really. If you want to sell a house you dont know who wants to buy it unless you actually put it up for sale. Did anyone know of James Brent and all the others (bar heaney or course as he was known via truro) when the club was up for sale last time or before it was?

The club isnt in Admin anymore although has no assets but it will attract more potential bidders than last time and this time it wont just be about the carpark.

Are you sure? The club still has debts. You'd have to be completely nuts to want to buy the club.

Personally, I'd be amazed if Brent wasn't already touting the club for a sale now that the development is a dead duck.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 7:39 pm

With a diminished footprint the club will be less attractive to potential new owners.

Could my little Green Friend please clarify what land once owned by PCC/PAFC is now in the hands of Brent/Akkeron, a before and after map would be most helpful Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 9:02 pm

Someone link this thread to those hollow eyed turds on Pasoti.....NOW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 9:51 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:
Angry wrote:

Are you sure? The club still has debts. You'd have to be completely nuts to want to buy the club.

Personally, I'd be amazed if Brent wasn't already touting the club for a sale now that the development  is a dead duck.

The difference now if the club is sold is there is no inherited debt of tens of millions (i hope so anyway) there CVA of course is there and operating losses but its not something off putting to someone with cash and willing to invest time,money and more than half a day a week on club matters.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 9:56 pm

When Brent took over "Argyle" meant the club and the ground and the car park next to it. Now all it means is the brand name, what remains on the lease, the value of the playing staff and re-sale value for the furniture, fixtures and fittings.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 10:35 pm

when stapleton was setting about ruining the club, the fuckwits on pasoti were going on about asking "who was queuing up to buy the club". Answer: James Brent was.

Now they've got the crap club they want which is now falling far behind exeter in terms of how a functioning club is run
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:12 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
With a diminished footprint the club will be less attractive to potential new owners.

Could my little Green Friend please clarify what land once owned by PCC/PAFC is now in the hands of Brent/Akkeron, a before and after map would be most helpful Thanks/OK

Hopefully the Trust will have the answer dreckly.

green_genie wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First question for the board or more easily PCC would be if the new lease transferring the 1.22 acres from PCC owned PAFC leased land to JB has actually been implemented.

The council passed the papers in Sept 2013 but I have never seen confirmation that new lease is in place and Graham Clark referred to the 2011 lease in a comment only a couple of weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:35 pm

green_genie wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Hopefully the Trust will have the answer dreckly.

green_genie wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First question for the board or more easily PCC would be if the new lease transferring the 1.22 acres from PCC owned PAFC leased land to JB has actually been implemented.

The council passed the papers in Sept 2013 but I have never seen confirmation that new lease is in place and Graham Clark referred to the 2011 lease in a comment only a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks GG, So not only have we lost a large portion of the land behind the current grandstand, we also appear to have lost one corner of the ground as well, you just couldn't make it up FFS !!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 6:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

laugh
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 9:41 am

One has to wonder as to the educational achievement of those 'singing'.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 1:00 pm

PatDunne wrote:
One has to wonder as to the educational achievement of those 'singing'.

No wonder bean head is singing his heart out. He and his Windsor Boy brother in self promotion were, as we suggested at the time, offered the run of HP in return for keeping the dimwitted locals onside.

It's every Aviva's dream gig and they'll happily help keep the club village as long as they get to 'be someone'. Hence the continued unwavering support for the tidy little boxed in ground. 'Best ground in league two by far.............. bleddyansum for bragging' pig Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Depressingly accurate Tring. New PAFC regime happy to be League 2 regulars and proud of it
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Tringreen wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

laugh

lol!

Truly embarassing. Isn't that a Wetherspoons as well??
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 6:57 pm

Embarassing yes, but also sad that so many were taken in by the great saviour and reluctant bidder.
laugh
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 3:52 pm

What's the alternative? Hobson's choice again innit.

He walks away today, we go bust, simples.

So in the absence of any alternative do I want James Brent to continue as Argyle chairman/owner?, yes.

That does not mean I wouldn't want a richer Argyle chairman/owner to take and deliver something better both in terms of the team and the stadium. Trouble is he/she doesn't presently exist.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:00 pm

X Isle wrote:

So in the absence of any alternative do I want James Brent to continue as Argyle chairman/owner?, yes.

That does not mean I wouldn't want a richer Argyle chairman/owner to take and deliver something better both in terms of the team and the stadium. Trouble is he/she doesn't presently exist.

How do you know if Brent went the club would go bust? He's not walking away from his investment, simples.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Because we wouldn't have an owner and we wouldn't have someone covering the losses, let alone if he wanted those loans immediately repaid.

Companies in those circumstances tend to go bust.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:25 pm

X Isle wrote:
Because we wouldn't have an owner and we wouldn't have someone covering the losses, let alone if he wanted those loans repaid.

Brents not going to walk away from his investment, He will still want serious money for his investment, but unlike you and your fellow brenties, i know he's not the only one who would want to own a football club like Argyle,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:26 pm

X Isle wrote:

As i said earlier in this thread, the question of alternative options out there or lack of can only be answered when the club is up for sale. No one heard of brent before the club was up for sale and he was never touted as a potential new owner when staplewallet was chairman either.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:32 pm

X Isle wrote:

Good Post ..........The reality of real life.........better the devil you know than the one you don't.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:42 pm

Angry wrote:
X Isle wrote:

As i said earlier in this thread, the question of alternative options out there or lack of can only be answered when the club is up for sale. No one heard of brent before the club was up for sale and he was never touted as a potential new owner when staplewallet was chairman either.

I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of people in the world who 'could' afford it, hundreds who might even consider it. But with no offers and no media campaigns by anyone trying to push themselves forwards, they may as well not exist.

Until someone does emerge it's all if's, but's & maybe's.

If/when they do, run another poll, it may mean something then and I may vote differently.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:42 pm

X Isle wrote:
Because we wouldn't have an owner and we wouldn't have someone covering the losses, let alone if he wanted those loans immediately repaid.

If we are continuing to lose money then where the feck is it going?

And covering what losses? I thought we were breaking even now? Keep up: losses are now being covered by Mr Wrathall not Mr Brent and definitely not any of the other directors who simply don't want to know.

Anyway "covering losses" is one thing Brent hasn't exactly done in any meaningful sense. What he has done is lend the club some money at a commercial rate; not the same thing at all. He hasn't paid anything and he hasn't actually invested anything because he hasn't actually spent anything much - and when he did he siphoned off a nice parcel of land for his part of the deal.

Brent has done nothing other than asset-strip Argyle and provide a front for Plymouth City Council to save Argyle: it's them who put £1.6m in; it's them who operated a hush hush rent/business tax rebate; it's them who recently lent another £800k. Their contribution dwarfs that made by Brent.

Brent might have lent the club c. £2m but he's a venture capitalist venturing capital with a view to making really big bucks. It's his equivalent of a bear shittimg in the woods - it's just what they do. If he has to walk away having lost that £2m I'll not shed any more tears on his behalf than I would if he walked away with £50m profit. Why should I? Why should anybody other than Mrs Brent and him give a toss?

If he has to walk away £2m down then he took a punt and lost. Tough shit, Sonny Jim, them's the breaks and it's only business - no hard feelings, eh? Bankrupting Argyle as a result would just be an act of petty, desperate spite. If he's half as decent a guy as you think he is then that's not even on the radar so let's not worry about it and if it is blipping away on the screen then we're just better off without him, regardless as to the consequences, because he's a complete shit.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
X Isle wrote:

If we are continuing to lose money then where the feck is it going?

And covering what losses? I thought we were breaking even now? Keep up: losses are now being covered by Mr Wrathall not Mr Brent and definitely not any of the other directors who simply don't want to know.

Anyway "covering losses" is one thing Brent hasn't exactly done in any meaningful sense. What he has done is lend the club some money at a commercial rate; not the same thing at all. He hasn't paid anything and he hasn't actually invested anything because he hasn't actually spent anything much - and when he did he siphoned off a nice parcel of land for his part of the deal.

Brent has done nothing other than asset-strip Argyle and provide a front for Plymouth City Council to save Argyle: it's them who put £1.6m in; it's them who operated a hush hush rent/business tax rebate; it's them who recently lent another £800k. Their contribution dwarfs that made by Brent.

Brent might have lent the club c. £2m but he's a venture capitalist venturing capital with a view to makng really big bucks. It's his equivalent of a bear shittimg in the woods - it's just what they do. If he has to walk away having lost that £2m I'll not shed any more tears on his behalf than I would if he walked away with £50m profit. Why should I? Why should anybody other than Mrs Brent and him give a toss?

If he has to walk away £2m down then he took a punt and lost. Tough shit, Sonny Jim, them's the breaks and it's only business - no hard feelings, eh? Bankrupting Argyle as a result would just be an act of petty, desperate spite. If he's half as decent a guy as you think he is then that's not even on the radar so let's not worry about it and if it is blipping away on the screen then we're just better off without him, regardless as to the consequences, because he's a complete shit.

Precisely, apparently he's fallen in love with football and now bleeds green jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:56 pm

X Isle wrote:
Angry wrote:
X Isle wrote:

I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of people in the world who 'could' afford it, hundreds who might even consider it. But with no offers and no media campaigns by anyone trying to push themselves forwards, they may as well not exist.

Until someone does emerge it's all if's, but's & maybe's.

If/when they do, run another poll, it may mean something then and I may vote differently.

For Christ's sake wake up and smell the coffee. Brent has been quietly hawking the club around all over, wants a minimum of £2m because that is what he has lent the club at commercial rates from his pension fund and it's lonely nights on the sofa for him in perpetuity if he breaks the promise to pay it back and ends up pissing the family's pension pot away.

Think about it: £2m+. For Argyle's brand name, player contracts, fixtures and fittings as is.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

That's why there's nobody going public about buying it.

Just like there's nobody queuing up to give me £2m+ for my house despite it having been quietly marketed some time now. Apparently that'd buy my whole street at market value but never mind that: I'm holding out until I get it. Which means I won't. And neither will he.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Brent poll   James Brent poll - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

James Brent poll
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next