Mock Cuncher
Dick Trickle
Elias
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Hitch

Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:08 am

Josh Pope wrote:
By definition, taking advantage of someone that drunk is rape.

Oh really? Just how drunk was she? Do you know beyond any reasonable doubt?

"As this case revolves around the issue of intoxication and consent, it should be noted that it is established in the case of R V Bree that drunken consent to sexual intercourse is nevertheless consent in the eyes of the law. This does not mean that if a person is unconscious through drink or drugs it is acceptable to have sex with that person but rather, where an intoxicated person is functioning and able to make conscious decisions at the time of intercourse and then subsequently regrets that decision and decides to make a complaint of rape, her self-inflicted intoxication ought not to be considered as relevant to the issue of consent."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:44 am

Interesting one this, it is being said that he shows no remorse but he says he is innocent, why would you be remorseful for something you didn't do? I think the best thing all could have done was to wait until after the appeal.
On the wider argument I still think that punishment should happen thought he justice system not through the media/workplace.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 10:06 am

Is this really any different from Luke's situation ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 10:38 am

Tringreen wrote:

Not all and i would say his crime was far worse than Ched's.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 11:03 am

Tringreen wrote:

Apart from the nature of the offence the biggest difference is that Ched Evans has always vehemently maintained his innocence. Luke had a terrible accident that he could have prevented. Evans it was said intentionally raped a drunk girl. And having now read as much of the public domain evidence as I can find I think his conviction looks extremely unsafe. There is tremendous doubt about the case not proof beyond a reasonable one. He wouldn't be the first person to fall foul of a colossal miscarriage of justice.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 11:29 am

Perhaps we ought to go for him. We've got 'previous' and it would be hypocritical if those who've welcomed Luke back, joined the howling mob ?

ps We could do with a decent striker to partner Reuben. I'm sure the Ocean City would be bold enough give another sinner a chance.

Last edited by Tringreen on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 11:29 am

Hitch,

You don't actually have to have 'intentionally raped' a drunk girl. If there was no consent, and Evans had no reasonable ground to think that there was consent, it doesn't stop being rape because 'oh, I didn't intend it'. Without meaning to sound patronising, try reading the case court records which are a public document rather than Evans's own PR site.

Anyway, Oldham are looking like cancelling the deal to sign him now anyway.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:01 pm

There but for the grace of God an' all that. That's unless no ATDer has ever had a 'liaison' with a girl who was bladdered and unable to sign the consent form?

Scary really innit ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:06 pm

I still unsure how one guy in a threesome is legit and the other is out right rape scratch
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Sign him up and adopt this as our club song.....................

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nobody likes us and we don't care.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:22 pm

None of this should make any difference, guilty/not guilty, remorseful/not remorseful, this man has served the sentence meted out by a court of law and should not be prevented from continuing his life and career. It's nothing less than mob rule from the self righteous, professionally offended, some of whom have no problem worshipping at the alter of the likes of 'super' Luke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:48 pm

Amen to that.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:43 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Hitch,

You don't actually have to have 'intentionally raped' a drunk girl. If there was no consent, and Evans had no reasonable ground to think that there was consent, it doesn't stop being rape because 'oh, I didn't intend it'. Without meaning to sound patronising, try reading the case court records which are a public document rather than Evans's own PR site.

Sam - I've studied law and the available court records in this case - I know what I'm talking about but thanks for the patronising advice nevertheless.

I was making the contrast with Luke's horrific accident, the results of which were not his premeditated intention - and Evans's intention to have sexual intercourse with this drunk girl which clearly was . Hope that is now clear for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 3:57 pm

Team Ched are using untrue "facts"on social media about McCormick's case like he drove off/ran away after killing the kids on purpose to strengthen their argument for Ched to be allowed to play again.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Piers Morgan (the tosser) is stirring it too.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Hitch wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Hitch,

Sam - I've studied law and the available court records in this case - I know what I'm talking about but thanks for the patronising advice nevertheless.

I was making the contrast with Luke's horrific accident, the results of which were not his premeditated intention - and Evans's intention to have sexual intercourse with this drunk girl which clearly was . Hope that is now clear for you.
You may well have studied law and the court records but I was only going on your postings- providing only a link to Evans's PR site doesn't exactly indicate and objective or unbiased view. Of course now I know that then I won't make patronising comments but you can hardly blame me with what you gave me to work with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

time to get him involved?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:41 pm

Angry wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Agreed.

The Argyle fan base are still split on his return here, i believe.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:54 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Agreed.

The Argyle fan base are still split on his return here, i believe.

I wasn't against him playing again as he had reformed etc etc I was against him coming back here because of Forza Nerde and how they will cheer him like he is a hero which they did and still do. Im ok with him here now more because he keeps a low profile and just gets on with the job but the over the top cheering off him still makes me very uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:07 pm

How would everybody feel if we signed him, he scored 15 goals and we went up as champions?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Unhappy and it would soil it for me. That's my honest answer speaking only for myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:11 pm

I think it would take the gloss off it for a lot of fans if not most, me included.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Iggy wrote:
How would everybody feel if we signed him, he scored 15 goals and we went up as champions?

Absolutely wouldn't be an issue for me - whether he retains ability is another question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Depends on how he conducts himself off the field and he has actually reformed.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:57 pm

No one booed luke when he saved us on saturday, no one would not celebrae a ched evans argyle goal. Sighn him. Hes served his time after being found guilty in court of law
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grateful that we are not a League One club   Grateful that we are not a League One club - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grateful that we are not a League One club
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next