Damon.Lenszner
seadog
Richard Blight
jabba the gut ecfc
12 posters
AuthorMessage
jabba the gut ecfc

Question About the Staff's Pay Empty
PostSubject: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 10:46 pm

I may have got this wrong somewhere along the line so feel free to correct me. However something about the frankly bizarre events of the past few days has been nagging away at me.

When the staff were told they weren't going to be given their back pay in one go, but over time (the same five-year period as the other creditors?) I seem to remember Brent's lackeys explaining that it wasn't anything to do with their liege-lord not wanting to help but that he couldn't do so legally because he was obliged to treat all football creditors the same.

However when this surprising (to say the least) PCC bailout was announced I'm pretty sure Martyn Starnes said something about creditors now being able to apply to be paid in full, but that they couldn't pay everybody and some would still have to wait.

Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 pm

When someone clarifies the situation to us, we'll tell you.

Considering you can guarantee this site ( and the other) is being monitored, you would have thought someone from the club would have issued a short statement to clarify the situation and nipped all the speculation in the bud.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 11:11 pm

Some fooking hope.

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 11:38 pm

We could ask the Gas board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 11:43 pm

All of the campaigning from Porky and Webb was about the staff, they were the people that worked without pay to keep the club afloat during admin. they were the reason that Stapleton, Todd, Kagami and Gardner could be pursued anywhere, at any time, quite aggressively because they had caused the distress to the unpaid staff, now we are led to believe that offering them half of what they are still owed after three years is "good for the club?" Which I also doubt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 11:44 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
I may have got this wrong somewhere along the line so feel free to correct me. However something about the frankly bizarre events of the past few days has been nagging away at me.

When the staff were told they weren't going to be given their back pay in one go, but over time (the same five-year period as the other creditors?) I seem to remember Brent's lackeys explaining that it wasn't anything to do with their liege-lord not wanting to help but that he couldn't do so legally because he was obliged to treat all football creditors the same.

However when this surprising (to say the least) PCC bailout was announced I'm pretty sure Martyn Starnes said something about creditors now being able to apply to be paid in full, but that they couldn't pay everybody and some would still have to wait.

Am I missing something?

Christ, we only entered administration in March 2011.

Paying staff their wages takes time. More time than it takes to wait for planning permission, transfer leases, and erect a £50m development for that matter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:28 am

The Green Taverners did amazing work during the very dark days when Stapes and Co were willing to be waited on by unpaid staff . Emergency payments and help with mortgages and household bills . They continue to help and are one great bunch of guys at the heart of the Club .
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:34 am

Agree GG - but the Taverners were also going to be repaid at the same rate as the Football Creditors. Has Brent asked them to take 50% of what they are owed too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:38 am

No idea Damon but hats off to them all .
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:42 am

Brent loves them too. So cuddly, unassuming and giving Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:56 am

Whatever . Genuinely nice people .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 11:02 am

If they they decide to accept Brent's offer then have given half the trust subs, money donated through buckets and auctions to Brent.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 11:04 am

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:

Am I missing something?

I think so.

I'm pretty sure the staff have been paid back in full whatever they were due.

Exactly how this has been achieved I'm not sure. I suspect that the debt has been transferred in some way because, as suggested, the staff agreed to the same repayment deal as the players did so paying one in place of the other would be dodgy. Nothing to stop someone else settling and for the third party to accept payment along the lines of the terms originally agreed.

All of which is entirely speculative and I can't remember where I heard that the staff had now been paid what they were owed.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I'm pretty sure the staff have been paid back in full whatever they were due.

Exactly how this has been achieved I'm not sure. I suspect that the debt has been transferred in some way because, as suggested, the staff agreed to the same repayment deal as the players did so paying one in place of the other would be dodgy. Nothing to stop someone else settling and for the third party to accept payment along the lines of the terms originally agreed.

All of which is entirely speculative and I can't remember where I heard that the staff had now been paid what they were owed.

I thought at one point it was claimed Brent couldn't pay back the staff immediately because of an obligation to treat all creditors equally? Is that wrong or did something change?

Last edited by jabba the gut ecfc on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Here in the 'erald

No mention of when GT's might get paid back
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:58 pm

what would the GT's do with the money once they get it back?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 2:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:00 pm

From memory, the story went that the PFA objected to a solution that would have meant the staff getting all the money due them but the players having to wait - which, given they're a trade union, makes sense (to me, anyway). What makes less sense (to me, anyway) was the conclusion that therefore both the staff and the players would have to wait.

I'm also pretty certain that there's been an announcement that the GTs have effectively paid off all the money owed to the staff.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:42 pm

The GT'S repaid the staff that WAS done, otherwise the staff would be part of 'the have half your money now idea' but they have had their money thanks to the GT's. Brent has to repay the GT's - they will use that money to continue to support the club, the question is can the GTs be paid 50% since they are a charity, and if yes, then donations will have gone into Brents pocket.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:50 pm

They are not a charity, they are a not for profit limited company.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:56 pm

but they don't 'have' to sign up to the 50% deal? they can hold out for the full amount to the agreed timetable, and the staged payments which to be fair Brent is meeting thus far, and i believe that on taking over the club he had no legal need to pay the GTs/staff, he sounds almost human :-) but the fallout from not paying, not even Brent wanted to go down that road
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:11 pm

I would imagine the GT's would agree to the 50% payment of what is owed as any money received back from Argyle I thought was going to Argyle community projects? It just means the community projects would get less, but without the GT's the projects would have got nothing anyway. Anyone any idea what amount roughly the GT's have contributed to Argyle/ various projects?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:20 pm

It doesn't just mean community projects get less, it means the tenner you put in the bucket, a fiver goes into Brents pocket!!!.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Do other clubs have a version of the GT'S or is it just a First in Football Argyle Thang?
Back to top Go down
Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:47 pm

PatDunne wrote:
The GT'S repaid the staff that WAS done, otherwise the staff would be  part of 'the have half your money now idea' but they have had their money thanks to the GT's. Brent has to repay the GT's - they will use that money to continue to support the club, the question is can the GTs be paid 50% since they are a charity, and if yes, then donations will have gone into Brents pocket.

Just to muddy the waters a little, not all staff were repaid by the GT's. I know of at least one who still receives small repayments prior to the final balloon payment. By definition then, some of the staff may be expected to settle for half what is due to them if they want early settlement.

Complete guess but it may be that the GT's only settled the debts to staff members who weren't made redundant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question About the Staff's Pay   Question About the Staff's Pay Empty

Back to top Go down

Question About the Staff's Pay
Page 1 of 1