Mock Cuncher
CPFC2013
akagreengull
Han Solos Other Ship
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 10:31 pm

Durnovaria wrote:
Angry wrote:
if only we had a times subscriber or knew one we could settle this once and for all we know he is on the list but how much lolly does he have that is the question!!!

He's not on the 2013 Sunday Times Rich List at all. It shows people the Times think are worth £75m+.

Here to help

prove it or go back in your ttroll cave until the next time you told to answer a post on behalf of nool and the gang

say hi to postcode

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 10:53 pm

And how did you come by that conclusion Angry?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:16 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

It seems very odd for someone who registered back in august who hasn't logged on since and has only popped up when talking about james brent's wealth with a post like that which is straight out of the text book of nool and the gang. Seems suss to me but could all be innocence too. Brent is certainly a wealthy man and for his placing 156th (still to be confirmed all though a few websites have stated the same) he certainly hasnt got issues paying the milkman anytime soon whether its £100m or a messly £20m.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:34 pm

What is "rich" and is there a difference in having a stash of petty cash under the mattress or having assets worth a lot. If you owned a very large waterside house in Salcombe it would probably be worth more than a million. That would make you an asset millionaire but would not give you a million in the bank to spend unless you sold it and made yourself homeless.

The point I'm trying to make is that he may not have a pile of readies to lay his hands on and his wealth may be all on paper and not realisable. Obviously he is still rich in comparison to you and I but not rich enough to chuck it away in bucket loads. If I remember rightly Dan the Man was similar to that in his fortune being mostly in ROTOLOCK rather than the bank.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:46 pm

Angry wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

It seems very odd for someone who registered back in august who hasn't logged on since and has only popped up when talking about james brent's wealth with a post like that which is straight out of the text book of nool and the gang. Seems suss to me but could all be innocence too. Brent is certainly a wealthy man and for his placing 156th (still to be confirmed all though a few websites have stated the same) he certainly hasnt got issues paying the milkman anytime soon whether its £100m or a messly £20m.

Fair enough reasoning. I thought you might have had inside info.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 6:13 am

I'm not sure how stating that James Brent isn't on the Sunday Times Rich List and then providing the criteria for that list is trolling; I'd say it was contributing to a thread. That's the antithesis of trolling.
People use forums in different ways; some lurk until they see something that interests them. Some read without posting.

Back to the OP - it's great having ambition and passion and in all honesty, it's surprising that a league 2 club who've been relegation fodder for the better part of a decade still retain 6,000 regular supporters. It's brilliant to want your local team to succeed and to support them through peaks and (seemingly) never ending troughs. It's a testament to perseverance that we aren't all giving up.
I've read that thread and it's bizarre (the pasoti one). There's fans on there stating the Premier League is achievable. I don't believe that for a fleeting second - it just seems unattainable. Football is different these days - during the Tynan years, it seemed possible - these days, top clubs are signing youngsters from clubs like us that even 99% of our fans haven't heard of. That isn't the Janner mentality - that's modern football.
Personally, I hate the circus of the January window - it should be as it was - no transfer windows at all. It's as if your club has failed you as a fan if you don't sign someone.
We signed Banton - that's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Durnovaria

Durnovaria

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 7:27 am

Angry wrote:
Durnovaria wrote:
Angry wrote:
if only we had a times subscriber or knew one we could settle this once and for all we know he is on the list but how much lolly does he have that is the question!!!

He's not on the 2013 Sunday Times Rich List at all. It shows people the Times think are worth £75m+.

Here to help

prove it or go back in your ttroll cave until the next time you told to answer a post on behalf of nool and the gang

say hi to postcode

Chill out Angry I joined ATD as I couldn't stand the bullying antics of Porcus Vulgaris. Seems like you're no better.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 7:52 am

25 years since everton in the cup crowd 25k ! We ll never see that again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 8:03 am

That Everton game was way over 25k. In the Mayflower, kids were crowd surfing to get to the toilet. It was also mostly all standing.
I remember it well - we were lucky enough to be stood by the old Panini sticker swap shop shed thing.

Those days are long gone though throughout football. It's just too expensive for a lot of people. My 5 year old daughter wants to go with me soon - it'll cost me at least £15 for a five year old (drink, ticket, sweets). That's pretty disgraceful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 8:09 am

Just a couple of points here - the ginger headed muvver from Cornwall (Esseeex) made the rich list a few years back and we all know where that ended!! Secondly, Mr Brent has been brought up in the unreal world (to almost all of us!!) of fractional reserve banking, where the near insolvent high street banks get first dibs on the fiat cash generated by the Central Banks (Bank of England & Federal Reserve Bank. both controlled by the highest names in said high street banks, Con!!) and lent out at ratios of 10 to 1 to infest us Joe muggins - in short, if you are close to the source of the printing press its a whole different ball game in the dosh stakes!! Obviously only in my humble opinion and stand to be corrected
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:42 am

That's about it Bandy. Some rich guys can't believe their luck. "The biggest redistribution of wealth from the poor to the rich in history" as one billionaire said recently. He's not complaining.

Buy and sell imaginary instruments for 15 years, then pay next to nothing for the trillions being pumped in over 5 years of QE ( somebody has to have the money in their bank account ) and hoover up REAL physical assets on the cheap, especially publicly owned assets that have a comparative guaranteed long term return in a volcanic financial world short of safe ground for the money to squat on when the inflation/market spook tsunami hits. Brent has been advising investors for years to get in on the act.
It will all cause huge problems downstream for all of us. It's inevitable. The civil contagions due to this have/have not madness are getting closer. The Ukraine is bubbling up nicely.
Still, our generation have had it lucky so far compared to some. It's been a hoot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 11:07 am

Winter Green wrote:
That's about it Bandy. Some rich guys can't believe their luck. "The biggest redistribution of wealth from the poor to the rich in history" as one billionaire said recently. He's not complaining.

Buy and sell imaginary instruments for 15 years, then pay next to nothing for the trillions being pumped in over 5 years of QE ( somebody has to have the money in their bank account ) and hoover up REAL physical assets on the cheap, especially publicly owned assets that have a comparative guaranteed long term return in a volcanic financial world short of safe ground for the money to squat on when the inflation/market spook tsunami hits. Brent has been advising investors for years to get in on the act.
It will all cause huge problems downstream for all of us. It's inevitable. The civil contagions due to this have/have not madness are getting closer. The Ukraine is bubbling up nicely.
Still, our generation have had it lucky so far compared to some. It's been a hoot.

Yep, same hymn sheet there WG - don't start me on hypothication & dirivatives, world's gone mad!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 11:22 am

hairy j wrote:
That Everton game was way over 25k. In the Mayflower, kids were crowd surfing to get to the toilet. It was also mostly all standing.
I remember it well - we were lucky enough to be stood by the old Panini sticker swap shop shed thing.

Those days are long gone though throughout football. It's just too expensive for a lot of people. My 5 year old daughter wants to go with me soon - it'll cost me at least £15 for a five year old (drink, ticket, sweets). That's pretty disgraceful.

I was stood near the end of the Lyndhurst towards the Everton fans, i can remember there being quite a lot of room down that end,i can also recall the announcements over the tanoy system trying to get people to move down the terraces towards the ends so that the crowd was distributed more equally as folk were herding by the entrances..human nature i suppose.
Crowd was announced "officialy" as 27,500 if i remember rightly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 11:44 am

There was always a standing problem on the Lyndhurst with crowds over 18,000 or so. No one would ever squeeze down to the Barn Park. I think there was/is ? an FA rule that a certain ratio of away fans should be allowed tickets, hence so many away fans that couldn't fit in the Barn Park. A silly move to put Everton in the middle of the Lyndhurst, and they weren't the most pleasant of people either. Derby were given the Devonport and it worked much better.

We ended up with tickets for the Spion Kop for some reason, and there was all the room in the world there. Probably because it was unusually closed off to the Lyndhurst. Plenty of monkey capers with some Argyle fancy dress fans, but the game was a bit of a non event I thought. I have been known to avoid the big games on purpose as they can be all hype and raised tempers. I must have been the only fan to have seen every single home game of Warnock's, yet choose not go to Wembley. Different strokes.
Back to top Go down
Hip Flask

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:38 pm

One of my earliest football memories that Eveton game, I was 8 years old and stood in what I now think would be block 14, it was packed, over 27k there that day I reckon, very sad now thinking we will never see that kind of thing again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Hip Flask wrote:
One of my earliest football memories that Eveton game, I was 8 years old and stood in what I now think would be block 14, it was packed, over 27k there that day I reckon, very sad now thinking we will never see that kind of thing again.

You can thank the Tapeworm for that.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Hip Flask wrote:

'Of course I wanted a bigger stand but James said the figures didn't add up and I want to keep my seat in the directors' box'  pig 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:49 pm

I was 15 i think ! Lol. Dont recall everton in the home end although was stood near the away fans.
Back to top Go down
Hip Flask

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:53 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Hip Flask wrote:

'Of course I wanted a bigger stand but James said the figures didn't add up and I want to keep my seat in the directors' box'  pig 

Fecking hell you lot are paranoid, what you trying to imply with that?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:55 pm

Hip Flask wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Hip Flask wrote:

Fecking hell you lot are paranoid, what you trying to imply with that?

Work it out for yourself. jocolor 
Back to top Go down
l33th4ll

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 8:01 pm

he got money and thats why he got involved with argyle unlocking more ways to get cash from plymouths city
Back to top Go down
Hip Flask

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 8:10 pm

How much money he has doesn't really matter, it's how much he wants to invest in the club that counts, no rich list or anything else is going to answer that question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 8:11 pm

After spending so much on the Pavilions he is probably short of a quid so he couldn't afford anything bigger.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Brent is not going to invest in the club. He made that clear from the outset.

Webb n Nool also announced that there would be no walleted directors and that we , meaning they , had the chance to build our club.

In return for keeping the great unwashed off his back, he gave them the keys to the train set. Working well isn't it ?
Back to top Go down
Hip Flask

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 9:36 pm

Where has the post calling me a mole gone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The club the fans deserve it seems
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next