akagreengull
Han Solos Other Ship
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

The club the fans deserve it seems Empty
PostSubject: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Give me an A
Give me an M
Give me a  B
Give me an I
Give me a  T
Give me an I
Give me an O
Give me an N

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:51 pm

Kind of say's it all the sheep out there still believe Brenty boy is'nt that rich and we are all so lucky to have a shiny inadequate new stand and it's great PAFC is doing so well in L2.
Bless em Banana 
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 3:54 pm

I remember Brum fans on Sky once saying they'd prefer to be doing well in the Championship rather than watching Henry, Ronaldo & Van Nistelrooy taking the piss out of them at home every week. I can see what they're getting at but we're in league 2 ffs
Back to top Go down
CPFC2013

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:12 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
I remember Brum fans on Sky once saying they'd prefer to be doing well in the Championship rather than watching Henry, Ronaldo & Van Nistelrooy taking the piss out of them at home every week. I can see what they're getting at but we're in league 2 ffs

I actually miss the championship myself in some ways. It is nice to go to watch your team with a realistic chance of winning and in with a shout of promotion. Where as in the Premiership I can pretty much mark of games as no chance, just look at our fixtures for February. It is nice seeing all these great players but only when they are not beating your team.
But what fan would not really want to be competing in the highest league, it is exciting in the way avoiding relegation but there is so much money nowadays that I cannot see any team who will get promotion and be truly competitive unless they have a rich benefactor arrive.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:14 pm

It's getting silly now. Man City recently had some sponsorship deal worth £400 Million and they still made a loss of £50 Million Laughing

We will never reach those heights sadly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:17 pm

i see the day coming when the premiership will be a fixed 18-20 team league with no relegation/promotion permitted except under licence much like the super league in rugby league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 6:31 pm

I don't think James Brent is that rich. I'm not quite sure why every one on here thinks he is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 6:32 pm

hairy j wrote:
I don't think James Brent is that rich. I'm not quite sure why every one on here thinks he is.

check the forbes list he clearly is minted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:04 pm

He seems massively asset rich but most of those seem to be 'in the planning stage'. He's not cash rich is he?

The club needs to be self-sustaining has always been the agenda. I don't like the fact we don't splash out £500k on a few players and get out of this league quickly but James Brent won't do that. I'd much rather watch us free scoring and winning at home in front of bigger crowds - I do endure some awful performances every month (it seems) but he's not likely to ever do that.

Just how rich is JB then Angry?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:07 pm

hairy j wrote:
He seems massively asset rich but most of those seem to be 'in the planning stage'. He's not cash rich is he?

The club needs to be self-sustaining has always been the agenda. I don't like the fact we don't splash out £500k on a few players and get out of this league quickly but James Brent won't do that. I'd much rather watch us free scoring and winning at home in front of bigger crowds - I do endure some awful performances every month (it seems) but he's not likely to ever do that.

go look yourself i just told you where to look. Forbes tends to be us based so if not there the times list for certain.

Last edited by Angry on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:12 pm

he is 156 on the list for last year so he has money thats for sure. The exact amount i cant access as you need to be a times subscriber an murdoch can go feck himself if he thinks im paying him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:38 pm

hairy j wrote:

Jesus, are you thick? Do you really think Rich people leave their assets tied up in cash where it gets taxed to hell and earns nothing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:43 pm

No, rich people leave their cash in off shore accounts where they don't pay tax. Are you thick? I make a pertinent point, just how rich is he? No need to be rude m8.
There seems to be two strange things said about James Brent on here and pasoti. Pasoti tend to go with, 'he's a good business man' based upon him owning things and ATD tend to go with, 'he's a penny pincher'. Obviously, that's a generalisation but it seems to be a common theme.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:56 pm

hairy j wrote:
ATD tend to go with, 'he's a penny pincher'. Obviously, that's a generalisation but it seems to be a common theme.
Has he done anything else when it comes to Argyle?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:01 pm

hairy j wrote:
No, rich people leave their cash in off shore accounts where they don't pay tax. Are you thick? I make a pertinent point, just how rich is he? No need to be rude m8.
There seems to be two strange things said about James Brent on here and pasoti. Pasoti tend to go with, 'he's a good business man' based upon him owning things and ATD tend to go with, 'he's a penny pincher'. Obviously, that's a generalisation but it seems to be a common theme.

Sorry for being rude. I'd reckon that he has plenty of money he was very high up at citibank and then got out when he saw the weather change. I don't like his motives and I don't like ee gets it rubbish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:02 pm

No but how many pennies is he pinching? If one is penniless, one cannot pinch one's pennies.

I was only joking Hugh, I can take it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:50 pm

hairy j wrote:

You really are feckin clueless. And in a permanent state of denial about certain things - just like your old man.

The whole point of the list, is to list "rich people". That's rich by what most people consider rich.

Get it... No.. You won't.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:04 pm

The very last thing James Brent wants is for the club to be signing players that will propel PAFC to be pushing in or around around the play offs, a successful Argyle in L2 will be getting 9-10k pretty regularly and this will blow the argument that a 17k capacity stadium is sufficient for a club with real ambition well and truly out of the water.
Much better for him to be signing the dregs, freebies and loans that will keep the Avivas happy and all the while the club will be stinking it up in L2 for the long term until  he has his filthy, stinking, rotten half baked development, at which point Argyles destiny will have been put to bed once and for all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:09 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
The very last thing James Brent wants is for the club to be signing players that will propel PAFC to be pushing in or around around the play offs, a successful Argyle in L2 will be getting 9-10k pretty regularly and this will blow the argument that a 17k capacity stadium is sufficient for a club with real ambition well and truly out of the water.
Much better for him to be signing the dregs, freebies and loans that will keep the Avivas happy and all the while the club will be stinking it up in L2 for the long term until  he has his filthy, stinking, rotten half baked development, at which point Argyles destiny will have been put to bed once and for all.
Preaching to the converted with me punchy, agree with every word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:25 pm

I won't bother contributing again, it's a waste of time. The thread's yours Rickler to discuss a subject as you see fit. It's a shame you cannot do that, you poisonous, vindictive, pompous old prick.
Before any one bangs on about handbags, check out old nutbag's posts over the past few weeks - a litany of bile against people he's decided to make enemies of. Andy Symons, sensible and, bizarrely, me (but that's just abuse by proxy aimed at sensible). Grow the feck up Rickler, act your age mate. Put on your happy trousers, take a walk outside or have a wank - do something other than twisting every conceivable opportunity into a me vs them scenario.
I'm amazed that you haven't found help given America has a psychotherapist on every street corner.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:35 pm

Oh diddums...

Just because you got your 'Brent maybe not rich' theory dismissed by several with such ease you look a fool - again.

You were wrong.  Just admit it.

Like you're wrong about me with your proxy theory.  You live in your own little dream world. As it happens... I think both of you are stupid little pricks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm not objecting to that - I was joining in with other forum members having a debate.

I object to you being a spiteful cnut and trying to win the internet. It's really tiresome. I don't think I've ever encountered an ego as over-inflated'in my entire life.

I asked a question - just how rich is he? He's richer than me but then, I'm pretty much broke.

I'll put you on ignore btw so feel free to be a spiteful cock without intervention from me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:56 pm

if only we had a times subscriber or knew one we could settle this once and for all we know he is on the list but how much lolly does he have that is the question!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 10:01 pm

At least we'd be able to justifiably moan.

I'm as fed up as every one else when we're full of loanees and 'last chance saloon' players. It isn't much fun sat in the cold and wind watching dross. I don't care about the state of the stands at the moment, I'd rather see assets on the pitch but I have a horrible feeling that James Brent doesn't actually have the funds to fund a proper professional team. How likely is it, for example, that he can sell a hotel overnight and buy a player the next day - even if he wanted to. Man City could probably spend £100m tomorrow if they wanted to. That's what I see as having cash rich owners.
Back to top Go down
Durnovaria

Durnovaria

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 10:24 pm

Angry wrote:
if only we had a times subscriber or knew one we could settle this once and for all we know he is on the list but how much lolly does he have that is the question!!!

He's not on the 2013 Sunday Times Rich List at all. It shows people the Times think are worth £75m+.

Here to help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The club the fans deserve it seems   The club the fans deserve it seems Empty

Back to top Go down

The club the fans deserve it seems
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next