Chemical Ali
Tringreen
seadog
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

2798 Empty
PostSubject: 2798   2798 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 8:48 pm

The number of punters at the peasants paradise that is st james park! 218 from oxford. where is jabba ?
Back to top Go down

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Pathetically tinpot.  lol deadhorse 
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:35 pm

So village

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Yet the only aspiration of PAFC is to be better than them..
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:11 am

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Yet the only aspiration of PAFC is to be better than them..

That's about the size of it. Very parochial. Very sad.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 9:00 am

Don't blame the greasers- Exeter's home form was pretty abysmal, I listened to some Radio Devon show a few months back and one of the presenters was saying his family are St James ST holders and they thought the home performances were shit this season and last (better away side apparently). The ST holders have to go, but the POTD-ers will vote with their feet especially if performances are rubbish and the weather is crap. Its the same at Argyle.
Back to top Go down

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:35 am

That's the rub of it Chem, the only way a football club can retain a respectable crowd size and prevent those that that vote with their feet from walking, is if the club has had a relatively prolonged and consistent spell of success. Unfortunately our friends up the A38 and ourselves have never had a taste of what supporting such a club would be like and it's quite remarkable that Argyle fans buck that trend to a degree, it's something that past and present owners have never been able to grasp.
Back to top Go down

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:12 am

Never known an Argyle crowd that low.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:54 pm

ejh wrote:
Never known an Argyle crowd that low.

You boys must be so proud to have this numpty knocking one out on your behalf just because you are back in the No.1 slot and are, just whisper it, bigger than the mighty ECFC.

There were a myriad of reasons for last night's turnout and it would be hard to say categorically which was the most significant, it would have been a mix of all imho.

Home form and performances have been utter shiite for the best part of two years now, away form has dipped which had led to us slipping from the top toward the scrap at a rate of knots, the weather was horrible, it is the end of a long post Xmas month and people are skint, Oxford only brought a couple of hundred, blah, blah, blah.

Me, I think the view I extolled on ATD the other day is at the root, peeps R mostly bored feckless with watching shiite while the 'management' lord it about the place with their big salaries and cast in stone jobs with of course Tisdale being ultimate turn off. £150k a year, rolling contract so he always has two years grace and it would cost £300k which we don't have to get rid, he skulks about the ground on match day with his head down exuding pure negativity, the cnut knows he is the problem yet he wont even acknowledge that there is one. I've laid out the level of 'management' costs before, but consider this game in the context of Tw@tsdale alone, the gross revenue generated from last night is not enough to way him out, without all the other hangers on, without paying the cost of putting on the game, without even starting on the player's wages.

I can take us being small and shiite, how else would I have held the faith for half a century? What I can't stand is puffed up Suits and "football professionals" giving it large when they are all feckin inept. If I currently lived where if I tripped coming out of my front door I would hit my head on the front gates at Sid James I wouldn't pay to go to a game. I was at Wombledon on Saturday chatting to the very first Chair of our Supporters Trust, stood in the rain, sleet and hail we were like Stadtler and Waldorf, united in our mutual distaste for the current regime at the club. We both still patently love our club, but within the torpor of the Trust ownership model there is nothing we can do to prevent the decline back into administration, Tagg fiddling while Sid James burns.

I was at Dagenham last night, they had a great fight back on Saturday to nick a point off the league leaders, their form is basically shiite although good enough to keep them above you, the crowd was just over 2600 with more than half being Sarfenders, no ejh I am not trying to big up the City because we are still a bigger club than the Daggers, just making the point that some clubs in this league are pretty much on the bread line, except of course that the Dags do not have an expensive knob head of a manager, a barrel load of useless fecking Suits or pretentious dick wads of directors living it up and drawing big money out of the club. I 4-1 was happy to hand over my £17 to stand on a covered terrace then spend a few quid having a drink in their club house after.

It's all a bleddy shame innit?
Back to top Go down

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Poor old City's falling down.

That would have sufficed Tis.

Still at least you are still in the U21 FA Cup.
Back to top Go down

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:26 pm

They all probably heard Tis was going and decided, en mass, to give it a miss.

Up yours Tis you giant scumbag!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:38 pm

ejh wrote:

Yep, the futures bright and it's Red.

Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Don't think any of us are in a position to crow about this.

Despite an average attendance twice that of Exeter (approx an additional £1.5m on the turnstiles) we are only now just about on a par with them in the shittest league in the land !

If this club was being run anything like a real football club we would have pissed this league in our first season down here.

Where the f##k is all the money going ?
Back to top Go down

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:12 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
ejh wrote:

Yep, the futures bright and it's Red.

yeah yeah, we'll see how that one pans out.

Plucky team of also rans that did well in a few games, nothing more.

If there are any decent performers in there, a combination of the added publicity and Prem scouts will strip that team faster than piranhas swimming past a sheep carcass.

Don't worry, I hear the compensation rates are pretty good. £100k should be enough to rebuild your wall and get a new corrugated iron roof shouldnt it? Maybe expand to two full time tea ladies/kit staff?

Last edited by ejh on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:16 pm

Actually Lord T your post sums up really well the flavour of how lower league clubs scrape by while unpleasant tossers like Rooney sits back and watch his weekly wage become even more disgustingly out of touch with the average player or fan.
 Thumbs 
Back to top Go down

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:12 pm

I dont want exeter to go out the league, but it looks like tisdale is well past his sell by date, and there's a few tossers in the back ground bringing the club down.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:20 pm

ejh wrote:
If there are any decent performers in there, a combination of the added publicity and Prem scouts will strip that team faster than piranhas swimming past a sheep carcass.

Don't worry, I hear the compensation rates are pretty good. £100k should be enough to rebuild your wall and get a new corrugated iron roof shouldnt it? Maybe expand to two full time tea ladies/kit staff?

I see Gallagher made his first start in the Prem last night, made good money out of that one did you?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Talking of attendance figures and ambition, I see that With_Menace from the farm is one of the few visionaries remaining on that vile forum with the prevailing
"Village idiot mindset"  cheers 

IJN wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
GreenArmy1984 wrote:
25 years ago today it's was Fa cup 4th round day at home Park

Plymouth Argyle v Everton  :scarf:

Over 27,500 inside home park
Brilliant day and never forget the Sean McCarthy goal in front of the Devonport end

I was just 16 years old and it cost only £4.00 to watch argyle and remember we were featured on BBC match of day fa cup highlights on Saturday night

Great atmosphere on the mayflower standing enclosure and happy memories of old home park

I was there !!!!!  :scarf:

Just shows the demand to see top class football has always been there waiting to be tapped into.A real tragedy that more than likely such a crowd will never be seen in Home Park again.

pig 
Good business sense, build a stadium for the big crowd once every ten years!!  🤦

BRENT IN.

With_Menace wrote:
I can just imagine how all those reading,Brighton,hull,Swansea fans etc will smirk at such a village idiot mindset as they plan to expand into the 30,000s and beyond. After all they were all getting sub 5000 for the two decades before they showed how their forward thinking and ambition actually inspired the supporters to turn up in numbers never seen before and will leave us hanging onto their bootlaces for ever. I guess you just don't understand.
Brent out

Last edited by Tringreen on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Nool must be slacking! i thought he booted off all the non believers from his forum.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

oh dear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

oh dear.

Yep, the feck'tard Tagg excels himslef once again, what he doesn't say is that it is his fecking fault.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Talking of attendance figures and ambition

Tring, I have been at Sid James with 18,500 others when we could have sold a bucket load more tickets, we, like you, have never paid for any of the enhancements to our ground, er, stow that, we did at least pay for our pitch, now Brent is talking the talk about getting you 7 to 10 million pounds worth of new stand buckshee, why are you still bitching on about what might have been had you ever kept a decent team together? The only way you have ever been in contention for anything was by stealing millions of pounds, whether you might ever need anything bigger is moot, you simply don't fecking deserve it.
Back to top Go down

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:43 pm

I share the views of with-menace re. the ministand, i remember sharing the incredulity with him, ejh and others when the pathetic capacity was announced. Would be good to see him make an appearance on this forum actually. No censorship nor arse licking culture, I don't know why atd has a bad name tbh
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:43 am

Pafcintheplace wrote:
I share the views of with-menace re. the ministand, i remember sharing the incredulity with him, ejh and others when the pathetic capacity was announced. Would be good to see him make an appearance on this forum actually. No censorship nor arse licking culture,  I don't know why atd has a bad name tbh

Pig  say  jocolor  do
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 11:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2798 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2798   2798 Empty