Elias
Han Solos Other Ship
Damon.Lenszner
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Where is all the spoil for the development going to be dumped?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
mcfry wrote:
It has just occurred to me (I know it takes a while) but if the grandstand cannot be built higher than the Life Centre, how does that affect the hotel?
Does that mean the hotel can be as high as Brent wants or kept lower which will mean a token gesture size of hotel?
I'd reckon that hotels are quite low on the banker's priorities as well - his main concern is in land. If hotels have land attached to them or are well located, he's interested no matter how poorly they are doing.
You've sort of hit on something there Mocko. Google his thoughts in online property publications and he talks about little else than % return and security with the oncoming uncertainty for those with capital hoping to escape the big purge.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Yah yah, fore shore.

The talk of his 'hospitality' background was hugely played up during the takeover process but in reality his customer-based experience has been the square root of feck all, and that's been reflected in the frankly awful start to his tenure - unless you're a fan of not-so-stealthy asset strips.

I quite like the nickname 'Baby James' after he threw his toys out the pram at the first sign of constructive feedback (well, he got Chuckie Jones to throw them out for him). That'll teach the babysitter for asking him to finish his dinner.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Incoming popcorn alert:

From Graham Clark

Quote :
Ian, any chance of answering my question of five days ago where you said,

"My fear is, because of the fervour of some of the antis, this will be delayed, we end up with that poxy sh*thole for another season, and the ideas of self sustainability are damaged and JB has a decision to make."

I asked,

"It would be most helpful to the rest of us if you could explain what you mean and what the consequences may be in terms of James Brent's decision making?"

Far too eloquent a question for Newell not to be completely confused as to how to respond.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:18 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Incoming popcorn alert:

From Graham Clark

Quote :

"My fear is, because of the fervour of some of the antis, this will be delayed, we end up with that poxy sh*thole for another season, and the ideas of self sustainability are damaged and JB has a decision to make."

I asked,

"It would be most helpful to the rest of us if you could explain what you mean and what the consequences may be in terms of James Brent's decision making?"

Far too eloquent a question for Newell not to be completely confused as to how to respond.

He's also terrified of pushing GC completely over to the 'anti' side. Like a pig on a stick. Souvlaki it is pour moi tonight !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Do you get the pitta gyros where you are Tring? My favourite fast food ever..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:42 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Incoming popcorn alert:

From Graham Clark

Quote :

I asked,

If James wants to go let him i say he wont be missed in the long term.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Is this the latest tactic? Saying brent will storm off in a huff if we don't all gush words of love for his shite ministand. I wish he would storm off! Right now! Then someone with class and vision could do the job properly sometime in the future. But sadly brent won't leave until all development projects are complete, Argyle is boxed in unable to expand, and his cash is nicely rolling in.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Freathy wrote:
Is this the latest tactic? Saying brent will storm off in a huff if we don't all gush words of love for his shite ministand. I wish he would storm off! Right now! Then someone with class and vision could do the job properly sometime in the future. But sadly brent won't leave until all development projects are complete, Argyle is boxed in unable to expand, and his cash is nicely rolling in.

Nools getting desperate, nobody wants brents ministand and the facts are since brent"saved the club" we have had the lowest ever league positions in the clubs history two seasons running, so if speccy wants to bail who other than the supydupysuperfans would be bothered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Is Brent pullng this mugs strings, not sure the banker would stoop to these lengths. Mr Newell is certainly appearing hot under collar! As for poor Mr brent being upset that the fans are not fawning over his Toytown plans, well I dare you to pull out! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:14 am

I've seen development plans for elsewhere being accompanied by a model showing the impact of the proposal as a whole. Has a similar model been devised for HHP.

Am I alone in not understanding where Akkeron's road is going to go? Does it really include the newly-constructed walkway straight in front of the Life Centre? If so, why was this area paved rather than tarmacked in the first place. It looks attractive enough now, but is it designed to cope with servicing vehicles for HHP.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:52 am

Pokesdown wrote:
Do you get the pitta gyros where you are Tring? My favourite fast food ever..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes we do, although I still prefer the mixed kebab with chunks of pork and whole sheftalia

linky

Last edited by Mock Cuncher on Tue May 14, 2013 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed stretchy link foreshore)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7