Han Solos Other Ship
Damon.Lenszner
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

More fingers in more pies than a leapers cooking class.

He just cracks me up, so assured yet so clueless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
im confused. brent has/has not paid any cash towards the 17m inherited debt?

and me?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:28 pm

He never inherited £17m, the new PAFC only carries the football related debts, somewhere around four large I believe. The club is paying this off and Brent is enabling it to do so, the total level of debt is not of course reducing as PAFC will still owe the money to whatever vehicle Brent has used to finance it.

Now listen very carefully cos I shall type this only once.

Brent does not pay other people's debts and not one penny of his own money will ever disappear into the money pit known as PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:32 pm

If thats the case, hes not saved the club, as our piggy heroes keep blarbing on about. and thats their argument for him building the lego stand. why cant the muppets see this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

He never inherited £17m, the new PAFC only carries the football related debts, somewhere around four large I believe. The club is paying this off and Brent is enabling it to do so, the total level of debt is not of course reducing as PAFC will still owe the money to whatever vehicle Brent has used to finance it.

Now listen very carefully cos I shall type this only once.

Brent does not pay other people's debts and not one penny of his own money will ever disappear into the money pit known as PAFC.

Not only is the debt not reducing, it is increasing. He has 'loaned' the club between £1million and £1.25million this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:30 am

Link to the article in today's Herald.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:53 am

The comments section hasn't been flooded with the FV yet, they really are the silent majority.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:49 am

I am pretty sure he paid the initial admin fees to PANDA. Beyond that, no idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 12:05 pm

And there's some money owed to Gardner on a mortgage.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Iggy wrote:
And there's some money owed to Gardner on a mortgage.
My understanding of that deal was that a quarter was to be paid instantly and the remaining 3 quarters paid as we progressed through the leagues (promotion dependent) with a similar deal existing for the Mastpoint mortgage. I believe (anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that the Lombard mortgage was paid for by the Home Park council purchase and that the Trust mortgage is being paid by the club the same as the footballing debts. Then again I've also heard a rumour the Trust mortgage has been paid all in one so who knows there.

So the money it seems Brent has definitely paid for personally are PANDA's fees, a percentage of Gardner's mortgage and a percentage of Mastpoint's mortgage and possibly the whole Trust mortgage (or perhaps he paid for that and the club owe him money for it?).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

still here pilgrim?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

still here pilgrim?

It made me laugh, Angry bloke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:46 pm

Brenty is an unhappy man at the moment, so I am led to believe!

I think there maybe a serious concern that Brent has bitten something that his wallet can't buy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:54 pm

GOB wrote:

I think there maybe a serious concern that Brent has bitten something that his wallet can't buy.

I'm not going to get into the "prove it" GOB discussions that seem to be elsewhere but how good is your info and does that help explain the marketing drive elsewhere?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:59 pm

i heard Rickler got sunburn in LA yesterday and saw a pair of silicone tits outside.

cant prove it but i know that happen at least twice this month
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:09 pm

It came from an ex employee that happens to be pro Brent's ambitions. He also said that he believed the new GS will be built to be extended at a later time if needed. When we got into a bit of a debate involving the businesses at the rear of the stand that may complicate the stronger footings that would be required he seemed a bit confused though, as if he didn't know WTF he was talking about to be honest, so how much he was saying that was legit, I don't know. He is still quite close to the Club though and has told me stuff before that has turned out to be correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Well written piece by Tony Hooper apart from a little snipe at exciles,

I have watched the evolution of this and other threads on the Stand with great interest.

I have from the outset supported the idea of a stand capable of delivering a stadium capacity of 20,000+. I have argued there is a psychology about that magic figure that galvanises fans into for/anti camps. It may be fanciful and emotional but football, more than any other sport, has the capacity to emotionally stray both players and fans alike. The reality is that since I moved to Plymouth in 1966 the capacity of Home Park has consistently declined and if the current plans are completed will stand at just under half of what it was when I saw the English League X1 thrash the Irish League X1.

But it is also worth saying that since 1966 (and before) little or no money has ever been spent on HP, including the Horseshoe which was, I believe, mostly paid for by grants, the same grants no longer available to us. I mention this only for those that believe some person may come along at some time in the future and spend money as a benefactor on Argyle and its ground. Ive been waiting 47 years and its still not happened. Plymouth richest man doesnt like football and declined the chance to get involved, there is no Whelan or Madejski hovering in the wings to play the bountiful one.

Which brings us to where we are. James Brent bought Argyle when no other credible buyer was available and in so doing kept the club alive as a league entity. He now wishes to finish the ground and at no financial cost to the football club and in doing so give it the capacity to earn its living. However, the means by which that will be achieved touches at the very emotional fibre of some of the clubs fans. To ensure the new stand is built, JB is developing the former Argyle car park and some of the former footfall of the club to pay for the new stand. And here lies the rub. As fans we want it all and after 126 years of lean we think its about time we had a year or two of fat. I am sure JB thinks he has come up with a brilliant scheme to give Argyle a cost free stand whilst many fans think he has just robbed the club and lacked ambition.

It is against this backdrop that instead of looking forward to what promises to be a better season than in many a year too many old friends are treating each other with disdain. Too many with a different agenda are treating this schism as a time to metaphorically lump others over the head. Too many who haven't been to HP in years have continued to pour oil on visibly troubled waters.

Is there a way out?

As someone who sits in the existing stand I want to see the back of the stand as quickly as possible and the replacement built. The Working Group plan to use the Akkeron vision, strengthen and enlarge it to provide another 2,200 seats. The net cost would be in the order of £800,000. This would give the stadium a 20,000 capacity. It was clear at the joint meeting that JB did not wish to take money away from the hospitality area which would be income generating to pay for it.Unlike many, I do not think it a bad sign that JB and his advisors are taking time before coming back to the WG. Far from it, it seems to me it is a proposal that was professionally presented and is receiving due consideration, not to say, juggling of the figures once more.

It seems to me that the whole scheme has already been put back because of this and other considerations.

Personally, I will look forward to sitting in the new stand when it is built and carry on doing what I have done for 47 years, support Argyle.

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:42 pm

GOB wrote:

What is he unhappy with Gob? The level of opposition to his plans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Iggy wrote:

I have watched the evolution of this and other threads on the Stand with great interest.

I have from the outset supported the idea of a stand capable of delivering a stadium capacity of 20,000+. I have argued there is a psychology about that magic figure that galvanises fans into for/anti camps. It may be fanciful and emotional but football, more than any other sport, has the capacity to emotionally stray both players and fans alike. The reality is that since I moved to Plymouth in 1966 the capacity of Home Park has consistently declined and if the current plans are completed will stand at just under half of what it was when I saw the English League X1 thrash the Irish League X1.

But it is also worth saying that since 1966 (and before) little or no money has ever been spent on HP, including the Horseshoe which was, I believe, mostly paid for by grants, the same grants no longer available to us. I mention this only for those that believe some person may come along at some time in the future and spend money as a benefactor on Argyle and its ground. Ive been waiting 47 years and its still not happened. Plymouth richest man doesnt like football and declined the chance to get involved, there is no Whelan or Madejski hovering in the wings to play the bountiful one.

Which brings us to where we are. James Brent bought Argyle when no other credible buyer was available and in so doing kept the club alive as a league entity. He now wishes to finish the ground and at no financial cost to the football club and in doing so give it the capacity to earn its living. However, the means by which that will be achieved touches at the very emotional fibre of some of the clubs fans. To ensure the new stand is built, JB is developing the former Argyle car park and some of the former footfall of the club to pay for the new stand. And here lies the rub. As fans we want it all and after 126 years of lean we think its about time we had a year or two of fat. I am sure JB thinks he has come up with a brilliant scheme to give Argyle a cost free stand whilst many fans think he has just robbed the club and lacked ambition.

It is against this backdrop that instead of looking forward to what promises to be a better season than in many a year too many old friends are treating each other with disdain. Too many with a different agenda are treating this schism as a time to metaphorically lump others over the head. Too many who haven't been to HP in years have continued to pour oil on visibly troubled waters.

Is there a way out?

As someone who sits in the existing stand I want to see the back of the stand as quickly as possible and the replacement built. The Working Group plan to use the Akkeron vision, strengthen and enlarge it to provide another 2,200 seats. The net cost would be in the order of £800,000. This would give the stadium a 20,000 capacity. It was clear at the joint meeting that JB did not wish to take money away from the hospitality area which would be income generating to pay for it.Unlike many, I do not think it a bad sign that JB and his advisors are taking time before coming back to the WG. Far from it, it seems to me it is a proposal that was professionally presented and is receiving due consideration, not to say, juggling of the figures once more.

It seems to me that the whole scheme has already been put back because of this and other considerations.

Personally, I will look forward to sitting in the new stand when it is built and carry on doing what I have done for 47 years, support Argyle.

nothing that tw@t writes is good or worth reading he is subhuman scum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:48 pm

That's what was implied Sam. I do wonder if he's used to such a vocal reaction of disapproval because this must be the first time he has encountered it. That said, he must have been aware of the outcry during the admin process unless he has been ill advised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:49 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Is there a way out?

I read it as I read most stuff from Hooper, it nearly always supports Brent indirectly and never the genuine views of fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:59 pm

GOB wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Is there a way out?

I read it as I read most stuff from Hooper, it nearly always supports Brent indirectly and never the genuine views of fans.

i refuse to read anything from him it may contain peoples addresses
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:15 pm

I just think that the adversarial atmosphere that has developed of late has started to mellow a little, which is a good thing in my eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:28 pm

It won't last long Iggy... tactical at best if indeed whatever is mellowing is mellowing... I don't follow their stuff that closely. As in all walks of life, there's always this and that character who thrive on systemic polarisation. It's Argyle's unfortunate state that two or three of this sort have got their feet under the table with the inevitable consequence of causing the fan base and club grief. I blame Ridsdale for widening the initial divide that was always there just waiting to pop. These people have learned a great deal sitting close to him over an administration process.
Some people have no REAL appeal without living amongst that polarisation. It's deep rooted and they know it's their best shot. Without the rancour, they lose their influence to the more reasoned voices. Classic group BS.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:47 pm

GOB wrote:

I think he may be unhappy that he's heard from his Akkeron team that WG proposals have some merit.

Also he's 'surprised' at Sheridan's proposals (money wise) for next season.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator   Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Will the Mini Stand rebellion force out the speculator
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next